PDA

View Full Version : Decker pushing DT going to the Jets

GEM
01-31-2015, 03:50 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000466282/article/eric-decker-hits-road-to-recruit-demaryius-thomas-to-jets?campaign=Facebook_atn_shook

Eric Decker's first season in New York wasn't pretty, but that isn't stopping him from trying to improve things.

The Jets wide receiver recently spent a few days in Arizona shooting a commercial for Courtyard by Marriott, and during the downtime between takes, gave his best sales pitch to former teammate Demaryius Thomas, an upcoming unrestricted free agent.

"I've been pushing for the entire year now," Decker said in a telephone interview with The New York Post. "It was just another opportunity to talk to him about it. It's going to be interesting to see what happens.

Eff off again, Decker. :throwrock:

Ziggy
01-31-2015, 03:54 PM
Two words. Franchise tag.

Simple Jaded
01-31-2015, 04:06 PM
14 words; Franchise tag, trade for Sheldon Richardson and No6 pick then draft Shane Ray.

Lancane
01-31-2015, 04:28 PM
14 words; Franchise tag, trade for Sheldon Richardson and No6 pick then draft Shane Ray.

Now you're talking brother...I am with you. Then sign Larry Fitzgerald to a three year deal and draft Vince Mayle, Tony Lippett or Breshad Perriman in the mid rounds.

Simple Jaded
01-31-2015, 05:03 PM
Now you're talking brother...I am with you. Then sign Larry Fitzgerald to a three year deal and draft Vince Mayle, Tony Lippett or Breshad Perriman in the mid rounds.

How bout Agholor, he can return punts can't he?

OrangeHoof
01-31-2015, 05:05 PM
#stillneedaqb

Simple Jaded
01-31-2015, 05:08 PM
For the life me I can't understand why Green-Beckum is in 1st round talk.

tomjonesrocks
01-31-2015, 05:08 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000466282/article/eric-decker-hits-road-to-recruit-demaryius-thomas-to-jets?campaign=Facebook_atn_shook Eff off again, Decker. :throwrock:

I was going to post this and ask why you haven't burned that ******* jersey yet.

MileHighCrew
01-31-2015, 05:12 PM
Hey dude, look I made a HUGE mistake with my career, thank God I got paid.... Hey how about you come and do the same thing?

Northman
01-31-2015, 05:14 PM
I dont see anything wrong with his comments. Seems like he understands what Denver has and admits the Jets need more help. Nothing wrong with that.

"I think it would be tough for Denver to let him go. So whether they franchise-tag him here in the next month or give him a long-term deal, he's just one of those premier players in this league. If he happens to make it to free agency, I would love to sign him because playing alongside him for four years and especially the last two years made it a lot of fun and made it a lot easier. He's just one of the great players in this league."

Lancane
01-31-2015, 05:15 PM

Nelson Agholor would be a good option and yeah he can return kicks. He had a huge season this year for the Trojans, 1,313 yards but he only averaged 12.4 per catch, but last year and the year before it was 16 plus yards per catch. He's a shorter version of Demaryius Thomas, maybe a tad more fluid and faster, but both are great route runners, both lack the physicality and both are above average in separating from the receiver but lack the ability to break tackles. Agholor is also a physical freak, he has no qualms with jumping in the air for the catch, he'd be a pretty solid pick for Denver.

Jsteve01
01-31-2015, 05:19 PM

Nelson Agholor would be a good option and yeah he can return kicks. He had a huge season this year for the Trojans, 1,313 yards but he only averaged 12.4 per catch, but last year and the year before it was 16 plus yards per catch. He's a shorter version of Demaryius Thomas, maybe a tad more fluid and faster, but both are great route runners, both lack the physicality and both are above average in separating from the receiver but lack the ability to break tackles. Agholor is also a physical freak, he has no qualms with jumping in the air for the catch, he'd be a pretty solid pick for Denver. Lan how do you lead the league in Yac if you can't break tackles? I'm seriously not trying to troll u on DT. Just doesn't compute

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-31-2015, 05:46 PM
Lan how do you lead the league in Yac if you can't break tackles? I'm seriously not trying to troll u on DT. Just doesn't compute

Ask Ike Taylor and Talib if he's physical.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-31-2015, 05:48 PM
The Madden is strong in this one.

Simple Jaded
01-31-2015, 05:49 PM
The Madden is strong in this one.

I created a 6-6/300 WR that runs a 4.3.

I'm a huge DT fan and have no doubt he'll be a Bronco, but I would make that trade.

Lancane
01-31-2015, 06:46 PM
Lan how do you lead the league in Yac if you can't break tackles? I'm seriously not trying to troll u on DT. Just doesn't compute

Simply outrunning the defender or being able to separate after or before the catch which is something that Thomas is good at. If a receiver is usually at the receiving end of a pass and in the open or covered one on one it's rather easy to inflate YAC. Let me ask you, if he is elite how is it he led the league in missed attempts for the season by double the average?

Jsteve01
01-31-2015, 07:26 PM

Simply outrunning the defender or being able to separate after or before the catch which is something that Thomas is good at. If a receiver is usually at the receiving end of a pass and in the open or covered one on one it's rather easy to inflate YAC. Let me ask you, if he is elite how is it he led the league in missed attempts for the season by double the average? I'm not familiar with this stat. I know his drops were a little higher than avg this year but not anything about missed attempts

Lancane
01-31-2015, 07:40 PM
I'm not familiar with this stat. I know his drops were a little higher than avg this year but not anything about missed attempts

Missed attempts is how many times he was the targeted receiver, the bad thing is that includes poor quarterback play as well as drops. But J.T., Welker and Sanders had closer to the league average which is close to 40 or 2.4 missed attempts per game so how much was actually Manning? And for Demaryius it was 4.7 a game. Sadly that stat can be one that inflates with a couple unremarkable outings. We've seen him have 40 yard receiving games and turn around and have nearly 200 yards the next, so I would not say that 4.7 is accurate because there were games where he was great and then games where he was not so good or struggled.

Joel
01-31-2015, 08:05 PM
Missed attempts is how many times he was the targeted receiver, the bad thing is that includes poor quarterback play as well as drops. But J.T., Welker and Sanders had closer to the league average which is close to 40 or 2.4 missed attempts per game so how much was actually Manning? And for Demaryius it was 4.7 a game. Sadly that stat can be one that inflates with a couple unremarkable outings. We've seen him have 40 yard receiving games and turn around and have nearly 200 yards the next, so I would not say that 4.7 is accurate because there were games where he was great and then games where he was not so good or struggled.
That's because there were games where he was healthy and then games where he had a bad ankle or finger; he DID skip the Pro Bowl for health reasons, after all. That's distinct from whether he breaks tackles though, and—while that's not a primary requirement for WRs—he beat a Pro Bowl CBs press coverage (as AW4M alluded to) and then stiff armed the safety on a walk off 80 yd playoff TD, and set a SB completions record against Seattles cheap shotting D despite PLAYING THE WHOLE SECOND HALF WITH A SEPARATED SHOULDER. He's PLENTY physical enough. This won't happen for two reasons:

1) Elway's no idiot, so knows any WR comparable to DT will demand comparable money: Why LOOK for a guy, work a deal and integrate him to the offense when we've already GOT that guy?
2) Thomas is no idiot either; we'll give him an offer worthy of a top #1 WR, and the Jets won't beat it by nearly enough to justify sending his career down the drain like Decker has.

Lancane
01-31-2015, 08:41 PM
That's because there were games where he was healthy and then games where he had a bad ankle or finger; he DID skip the Pro Bowl for health reasons, after all. That's distinct from whether he breaks tackles though, and—while that's not a primary requirement for WRs—he beat a Pro Bowl CBs press coverage (as AW4M alluded to) and then stiff armed the safety on a walk off 80 yd playoff TD, and set a SB completions record against Seattles cheap shotting D despite PLAYING THE WHOLE SECOND HALF WITH A SEPARATED SHOULDER. He's PLENTY physical enough. This won't happen for two reasons:

1) Elway's no idiot, so knows any WR comparable to DT will demand comparable money: Why LOOK for a guy, work a deal and integrate him to the offense when we've already GOT that guy?
2) Thomas is no idiot either; we'll give him an offer worthy of a top #1 WR, and the Jets won't beat it by nearly enough to justify sending his career down the drain like Decker has.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. I like Demaryius Thomas, I just do not believe he is elite or the best thing since white bread as some portray him to be. I hope he stays a Bronco, but at the right price - just like how I see it with Knighton.

DenBronx
02-01-2015, 07:36 AM
I wouldn't trade DT. That's ludicrous.

Just pay the man dammit!

Valar Morghulis
02-01-2015, 07:59 AM
I love DT - and when i was buying my recent away jersey i was going to get #88 - but something told me then that he might want too much and Elway may feel that he had get similar production elsewhere. So i went with the safe option and bought another #7!

I hope he stays because he is very very good - and i do like him, but as things stand, i do not believe he is a top 5 receiver, and i do not think we should pay him as such - but we should still pay him well (if that makes sense)

Valar Morghulis
02-01-2015, 08:01 AM
Trade him to the Jets in return for their first round pick and either Sheldon Richardson or Muhammed Wilkerson.

I would be down with that.

tomjonesrocks
02-01-2015, 09:16 AM
I love DT - and when i was buying my recent away jersey i was going to get #88 - but something told me then that he might want too much and Elway may feel that he had get similar production elsewhere. So i went with the safe option and bought another #7! I hope he stays because he is very very good - and i do like him, but as things stand, i do not believe he is a top 5 receiver, and i do not think we should pay him as such - but we should still pay him well (if that makes sense)

After having to eat Cutler, Portis, and a Dumervil jersey I'd bought for my daughter, I decided buying jerseys of current players is for chumps.

You never know when they're going to get traded or arrested or whatever. Past legends for me from now on.

There's always Atwaters or McCaffreys, etc. That would be awesome to have if I feel I should buy another.

TXBRONC
02-01-2015, 09:25 AM
Demaryius isn't going anywhere.

Lancane
02-01-2015, 05:36 PM
Demaryius isn't going anywhere.

Well Joel believes he is worthy of Calvin Johnson money, Megatron will make 20 million in 2015, 24 million in 2016 and 21 million in 2017. If Denver was to place the Franchise Tag on Demaryius as of today he'd be set to make as close as I can figure 17.3 million, my earlier estimations of 14 million is off by about 3.3 million. Add Manning's contract which is actually not 18 million but 21 million and Emmanuel Sanders, the Broncos would be due to pay a staggering 44.5 million for the season for those three players, more then a third of the estimated cap. Even if a long-term deal can be done, D. Thomas will probably be looking at 12 to 14 placing him in the top 5 bracket and what Bryant gets could well effect both the tag and negotiations on a new deal.

Terrance Knighton if tagged would cost Denver 10.2 million for the season, a long-term deal it is likely to be closer to 7 million a season (best guess). Julius Thomas if tagged would cost Denver 9.2 million for the seasons, now he could demand that he is a receiver and would have to appeal that to the NFL which he'd lose, he can not establish that he is such and as for long-term deal - no one will believe he is worth 14 million plus a season, Gronkowski, Gates and Graham are all in the 8.5 to 11 range, actually only Graham will make 11 million, the rest are below 10. Orlando Franklin if tagged would make 8.6 million for the season, if given a long term deal it would be around more 5 or 6 million. Point is that if Denver could keep two key players for near the price of one if he is tagged or gets a contract making Megatron type money. I just hope you are all right and that I am wrong about him being worth it.

TXBRONC
02-01-2015, 05:48 PM
We'll see what happens. Elway to date has done a pretty good job of managing the cap and getting top players to fit without mortgaging the future.

Shazam!
02-01-2015, 05:55 PM
Yes DT take Decker's advice and go to where players go to die.

chazoe60
02-01-2015, 06:03 PM
Nothing will ruin promising young WR career like going to a team without a QB.

TXBRONC
02-01-2015, 06:55 PM
Decker is his friend but I doubt he has that kind of sway over D. Thomas.

Lancane
02-01-2015, 06:57 PM
Yes DT take Decker's advice and go to where players go to die.

So your saying that Jersey is to football players what Florida is to old people? Then I take it Cleveland is the hellish afterlife for football players? :lol:

Dreadnought
02-01-2015, 10:53 PM
So your saying that Jersey is to football players what Florida is to old people? Then I take it Cleveland is the hellish afterlife for football players? :lol:

That would be Oakland

OrangeFanatic
02-01-2015, 11:14 PM
That would be Oakland

Unless they are amazing vets, then they go to Denver.

Simple Jaded
02-01-2015, 11:43 PM
Unless they are amazing vets, then they go to Denver.

You mean like the 6 or 7 ProBowl and All-Pro vets Denver has signed since the McDaniels Abomination?

OB
02-02-2015, 12:56 PM
Decker had a throwback thursday picture posted last week with DT - I told him to **** off and leave him alone - then some bronco page reported this rumor and I tagged Decker once again and told him to **** off even harder

TXBRONC
02-02-2015, 06:09 PM
That would be Oakland

That would make Jersey Purgatory.

tubby
02-02-2015, 06:34 PM
He would look just fine in green.