PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' T.J. Ward determined to be big hit on huge stage, like Kam Chancellor

Denver Native (Carol)
01-30-2015, 05:34 PM
PHOENIX — Coffee in hand, Broncos strong safety T.J. Ward sipped from the cup, stared across the cafe and answered the question with steely-eyed focus. His expression and passion were typical, but for one exception.

He's attending the Super Bowl as a visitor, not as a player. Before making his way through the carwash of radio row Thursday, Ward disputed the notion that the window to win an NFL championship has closed on the Broncos' fingers, even if quarterback Peyton Manning returns to the team.

"One player doesn't make the team," Ward said. "You can have talent, but you need a team. And we have a team. We get along with each other. We hang out off the field. Besides the ability, we have smart players with great work ethic. Yeah, especially after how we finished, the goal is to win a championship. All of the free agents didn't sign one-year, this-is-the-only-year contracts. We are here, three, four, five years. As long as we are here, the goal is the same."

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_27423306/ward-determined-be-big-hit-huge-stage-like

Joel
01-30-2015, 06:20 PM
Instead of aspiring to be SB Champ Kam Chancellor, why not SB Champ TJ Ward? Though I am on record saying Chancellors secondary skills (or at least the performance Seattle requires of him) make him a poor mans Ward. He can play centerfield robber if a pop up hangs in the air long enough for him to run under it (as in last years SB and this years Week 3 rematch,) but doesn't cover people, and may not be able to at 232: He's a LB in all but name, and the closest he comes to "coverage" is illegal blindside headshots to guys 50 lbs. lighter like Welker.

GEM
01-30-2015, 06:23 PM
Well then sir....you and your teammates might want to find out if there is a store you can buy some HEART because that game is an indicator that it is severely lacking.

Jsteve01
01-30-2015, 08:05 PM
regardless of your thoughts on Chancellor in coverage, it is ridiculous that they somehow picked him up in the fifth and that after drafting Tait, Okung, and Earl, earlier on the day

Lancane
01-30-2015, 08:56 PM
Well then sir....you and your teammates might want to find out if there is a store you can buy some HEART because that game is an indicator that it is severely lacking.

Demaryius Thomas did an interview yesterday or the day before. He said that several players overlooked Indianapolis and did not want to go to New England to face New England. But he made it sound like it was everyone else which bothered me a lot, it was almost like he was throwing everyone under the bus give himself. At least Ward is talking about a team, that they are a team. I did not get that from D. Thomas' interview. I think that we have some players that don't only lack heart but that look at themselves individually compared to being a team which is also not a good thing.

Joel
01-30-2015, 08:56 PM
regardless of your thoughts on Chancellor in coverage, it is ridiculous that they somehow picked him up in the fifth and that after drafting Tait, Okung, and Earl, earlier on the day
*shrugs* Pump every starter full of bull hormones, then teach them where to make legal dirty hits, and it doesn't matter much where they're drafted. Look at Browner: He had to go to Canada because he wasn't even an UDFA, and became a star because the CFL didn't do PED tests till 4 years ago; once they did, he took his new star power back to the NFL for big money—and has had a PED suspension literally EVERY season since, while drawing obsence amounts of flags. I honestly don't know how the Shawne Merriman Rule let him get a Pro Bowl invite into the bargain, but there it is. In Chancellors case, it means a massive bone crunching 232 lb. safety with the speed to make those hits on track star WRs in the secondary, racing up from backfield to put one on a RB at the line, or ANYWHERE ELSE.

It's an athletic and PHYSICS axiom size and speed are inversely proportional: The body can only consume and expend so many calories at a time, so energy's constant, and Ek=½mv2, so more mass means less speed and vice versa—except in Seattle, where everyone's bigger AND faster than the rest of the NFL, yet 31 professional scouting teams knowingly repeatedly passed on half of them. Yeah... right.... ;)

VonDoom
01-30-2015, 11:33 PM
We're sort of getting off track here, but I would take Chancellor on my team any day of the week, and twice on Sunday. I'm not going to debate his coverage skills, but he is a monster that strikes fear into opponents just by being out there. We need someone like that.

GEM
01-30-2015, 11:45 PM
Demaryius Thomas did an interview yesterday or the day before. He said that several players overlooked Indianapolis and did not want to go to New England to face New England. But he made it sound like it was everyone else which bothered me a lot, it was almost like he was throwing everyone under the bus give himself. At least Ward is talking about a team, that they are a team. I did not get that from D. Thomas' interview. I think that we have some players that don't only lack heart but that look at themselves individually compared to being a team which is also not a good thing.

DT gave up just like everyone else. That run by CJ he and Sanders were standing around instead of blocking. If you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem. He needs to get real with himself...big games seem to affect his play. Deal with that before throwing shade anywhere else. Love DT, but he's wrong to blame others and not start with himself.

chazoe60
01-31-2015, 12:34 AM
DT upset me with his effort in the latter part of the season. I'm not a huge fan of his at the moment.

MOtorboat
01-31-2015, 03:20 AM
Thanks, T.J. This is a damn good team and you make good points.

Lancane
01-31-2015, 02:37 PM
DT gave up just like everyone else. That run by CJ he and Sanders were standing around instead of blocking. If you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem. He needs to get real with himself...big games seem to affect his play. Deal with that before throwing shade anywhere else. Love DT, but he's wrong to blame others and not start with himself.

Exactly, and I think it's a symptom of the bigger problem or what this team lacked...not chemistry, but unity. I believe some are on the same page, but not all and that is something that the Ravens, Seahawks and Patriots have, they believe in the team, in the organization as a whole. The fact that so many gave up and that you have some saying 'Team' and others saying 'They' or 'I' shows a problem that needs fixed if they want to go to the next level. Even Manning recently said, I don't know if I would help the team if I return, even he is looking at the aspect of the team and that is what matters.

Northman
01-31-2015, 03:10 PM
We're sort of getting off track here, but I would take Chancellor on my team any day of the week, and twice on Sunday. I'm not going to debate his coverage skills, but he is a monster that strikes fear into opponents just by being out there. We need someone like that.

Chancellor is a Beast. I also would take him any day of the week. While i dont like the Hawks as the next guy Joel is letting his own hatred for the team cloud his judgement.

Ziggy
01-31-2015, 06:41 PM
TJ wasn't used like he should have been. Wade will play to his strengths and he'll get back to being the intimidator that Elway signed him to be. I can't wait to see wide receivers getting lit up coming over the middle again.