PDA

View Full Version : Manning receives Bart Starr Award

Denver Native (Carol)
01-30-2015, 03:05 PM
Phoenix – Former Indianapolis Colts head coach Tony Dungy reunited with Super Bowl XLI MVP Peyton Manning this morning to present Manning with one of the sport’s most meaningful honors, the Bart Starr Award.

The Denver Broncos quarterback was chosen by his National Football League (NFL) peers as this year’s winner based on his character and contributions on and off the field. Tony Dungy and Bart Starr Jr., awarded Manning with the Bart Starr Award trophy in front of an audience of 1,600 at what is widely considered one of the game’s premier events, the Super Bowl Breakfast (presented by Athletes in Action and the Super Service Challenge).

“I’ve always had the greatest admiration for Bart Starr because of his leadership, integrity and success as an NFL quarterback,” said Manning. “He’s a Hall of Fame player and, most importantly, a Hall of Fame person who has demonstrated a lifelong commitment to giving back. To be recognized with this prestigious honor named after Bart and voted on by my peers is very humbling.”

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Manning-receives-Bart-Starr-Award/11c86d8a-5361-4ff7-99ba-461c40a88f83

Denver Native (Carol)
01-30-2015, 03:10 PM
Vic Lombardi @VicLombardi · 2h

“@jimsauceda: do you think he will comeback Vic?”---- yes I do. I believe the coaching change invigorates him. He did thank Foxy a ton.

Almost made it sound like he didn't want to be a burden if his health fails. Not worried about his neck as much other things.

I asked if he is physically prepared for another season. He said he wants to make sure he's good enough to give his team a chance.

Peyton asked about being comfortable with Kubiak's offense: "I think I can run pretty much any offense out of the Delaware wing T".

Peyton says he'll make a decision soon. Won't have as much to do with health as it will other matters.

Vic Lombardi @VicLombardi · 3h

Manning spoke for a good 8 minutes. He focused on leadership, team and community involvement. Did not mention intentions for next season.

Vic Lombardi @VicLombardi · 3h

Peyton now paying credit to teammates who give back to the community. He names @BMarshh54, @BenGarland63 and @Millerlite40 for their work.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-30-2015, 03:50 PM
PHOENIX — Peyton Manning exhibited the signs of a player who was not ready to become a former player.

He was relaxed, invigorated. He had a nice talk with new Broncos coach Gary Kubiak on Wednesday, and club president Joe Ellis on Friday, and they will chat some more. He will also talk with Broncos general manager John Elway soon.

Manning even brought up the physical examination he is requireed to take between Feb. 23 and March 5.

But to actually end the suspense and announce his intentions of returning to play for the Broncos for another reason? Manning wasn't quite ready for that. He just wants to talk over the team's revamped coaching staff and offensive philosophy before he says go on his 18th NFL season.

rest - plus video - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_27426200/peyton-manning-retirement-decision-gary-kubiak-coach

Denver Native (Carol)
01-30-2015, 03:53 PM
Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 5h

Drew Brees in Nationwide jingle tune at Bart Starr Award breakfast- "Peyton please come back and plaaay"

Denver Native (Carol)
01-30-2015, 08:58 PM
The Broncos gave Peyton Manning time to consider his future, and the quarterback will continue to take it.

After receiving the Bart Starr Award at a breakfast in Phoenix on Friday, Manning said he hasn't decided whether to return for a fourth Broncos season and 18th in the NFL, although he doesn't want to dither.

"I'm not interested in making this a lingering thing; I'd like to make a decision soon," Manning said Friday morning. "At the same time, both Coach [Gary Kubiak] and [President/CEO] Joe [Ellis] and [Executive Vice President/General Manager] John [Elway] have instructed me to take some time, so I'm kind of following their orders."

Manning has time, but not an unlimited quantity of it. If he is still on the roster March 9, his salary becomes guaranteed.

"They are not in a rush to have an answer. Although, like I said, I don't see this thing lingering continuing for a long time," Manning said. "I'm not into anything dramatic. But I do kind of follow in their order to take some time and gather some information to continue kind of an overall assessment and hopefully that leads me to answer. Hopefully pretty quickly.”

Manning added he met with Kubiak this week, but league rules prohibit discussion about schemes and installation, limiting the scope of the chat to getting-to-know-you conversation.

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Peyton-Manning-would-like-to-make-a-decision-soon/fd53b113-1aea-4487-8e01-e8cf887d7bfe

Denver Native (Carol)
01-30-2015, 09:39 PM
Manning hopes to make decision 'pretty quickly'
Peyton Manning talks about what he's considering as he determines his playing future.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Manning_hopes_to_make_decision_pretty_quickly/cd1b5a47-6c16-404a-98f4-a79e832f7ca9