PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning really struggling with decision, says father Archie

Cugel
01-29-2015, 05:29 PM
Well, this totally sucks. I thought Peyton coming back was a sure thing, but apparently he's struggling with the decision which may mean he's ready to hang it up:

First, the positives. Peyton Manning's leg is getting rest and getting better, Peyton's father and Pro Football Hall of Famer Archie Manning told Woody Paige and Les Shapiro on The Denver Post's Sports Show. He and Peyton like Gary Kubiak, and it doesn't sound like Peyton has any concern about returning under a new regime.

"I don't think that's a big consideration," said the elder Manning.

Now, the negatives - or more accurately, the unknowns. That all doesn't necessarily mean Peyton is coming back. (http://www.milehighreport.com/2015/1/29/7947567/peyton-manning-) According to Pops, he's still mulling his decision. One outlet even put it this way -

Derek Togerson @DerekNBCSD
Follow

Just talked to Archie Manning. Told us Peyton has not decided if he'll play or retire yet and is really struggling with the decision. #NBC7

Archie told another outlet, WEEI, that we can expect an answer sooner rather than later.

"I don't think he'll go a long time and take this thing to March, or anything like that," said Archie Manning. "He's got it on his mind, and I think he'll make a decision."

This is certainly the biggest blurb or nugget we've heard since Manning spoke himself about his uncertainty of coming back. Until this, everything we've heard has lent itself to Manning's return.

No matter how many "trustworthy sources" Woody Paige cites, father knows best. Either Peyton and family are keeping his thought process very close to the vest, or Manning really is struggling with his decision to return or retire.
Small_milehighreport.com.minimal.83019
More from Mile High Report

There's still hope he will come back for another year of course after he lets the bitterness of the last game seep out of his system, but it's bound to take a toll on him to read all the negative reports about how he's washed up. And he probably didn't much enjoy playing with a serious injury during the last month of the season and playoffs.

The era of Brian Griese might be upon us earlier than we think, for all the "let's see what we have in Brock Osweiler" fans out there, you might get your wish. But be careful what you wish for! Just practice repeating after me "Brock Osweiler has just as strong an arm as Joe Montana!" :wave:

Denver Native (Carol)
01-29-2015, 06:08 PM
In Arizona for the Super Bowl, Archie Manning joined Woody Paige and Les Shapiro on The Sports Show on Thursday and offered some insight on his conversations with Peyton regarding his future.

While on the show, Archie refused to go into too much detail about Peyton’s decision of whether he’ll play next season but said that “he’s good” and has taken time to rest his injured thigh.

rest - plus video
http://sportsshow.denverpost.com/2015/01/29/archie-manning-talks-about-peyton-s-future/

Simple Jaded
01-29-2015, 06:13 PM
Dude got booed off the field after saving the franchise from QB oblivion, rub some dirt in it.

wayninja
01-29-2015, 06:32 PM
If he's struggling with the decision then I think that's a strong indication that he won't return. Or that he will. Depending on how you look at it.

The era of Brian Griese might be upon us earlier than we think, for all the "let's see what we have in Brock Osweiler" fans out there, you might get your wish. But be careful what you wish for! Just practice repeating after me "Brock Osweiler has just as strong an arm as Joe Montana!" :wave:

You know, you keep saying this as though Manning playing another year somehow means that that Osweiler will never see the field. I guess I just don't get what you think the choices are.

Northman
01-29-2015, 06:34 PM
Whatever he decides im ok with.

Joel
01-29-2015, 07:04 PM
If he's struggling with the decision then I think that's a strong indication that he won't return. Or that he will. Depending on how you look at it.
Yeah, there's so much involved in that decision in terms of career, legacy, health, opportunities—even distance from a Gulf Coast home that couldn't be more different than the Rockies—there's just no telling. The only one closer to or better informed about the situation than Archie is Peyton himself (and maybe his wife.) If neither of THEM know, anyone else is just guessing.

Whatever he decides im ok with.
Me, too, but if this is it, I'll spend the rest of my life wondering what would've happened had Kubes, Denny and Wade gotten together with Manning sooner (and I already wonder about that plenty; a decent QB was the only thing they were missing after 2011, and Houstons retractable roof stadium is pratically New Orleans West (or New Orleans is Houston East.)) It can't help getting harder every season though; it's easy for fans to say, "Wait till next year...!" but we're not the ones limping off the field as our home fans boo or being humiliated in front of literally the whole world for 3˝ hours.

Buff
01-29-2015, 07:21 PM
Occam's Razor -

Peyton Manning - uber egomaniac and historian of the game - will not go out like he did. I'd bet any sum of $$ that he's our starting QB next season.

Cugel
01-29-2015, 07:26 PM

You know, you keep saying this as though Manning playing another year somehow means that that Osweiler will never see the field. I guess I just don't get what you think the choices are.

What on earth are you talking about? Reality:

#1 - If Peyton retires it's the Osweiler era in 2015.
#2 - If Peyton returns for 2015 then it's the Osweiler era in 2016 of course.

The only way Osweiler doesn't return is if Peyton returns for 2016 and it certainly doesn't look like he will play out his contract right now. At most 1 more year.

The ONLY thing I am saying is that Chad Henne was also a #57 pick of the draft and that's about what you can expect. Mediocre to crap QB is what you get with any pick later than about #35 at the top of the 2nd round.

That's just been the history of the last 14 years and there's no reason to think that Brock Osweiler is some kind of exception.

There is certainly a possiblity that Osweiler is going to be the next Tom Brady, but that's like saying you have a chance to win the powerball lotto if you buy a ticket. Technically it's true of course, someone has to win after all, but it's just not going to happen to you.

OB
01-29-2015, 07:57 PM
So do you think Elway would have made the moves he made because he thought peyton would come back or because he thought peyton would retire, or he would have made the moves regardless? I'm inclined to think he made the moves so we can win a SB and I don't see that happening without peyton. Just MHO.

Joel
01-29-2015, 08:10 PM
Occam's Razor -

Peyton Manning - uber egomaniac and historian of the game - will not go out like he did. I'd bet any sum of $$ that he's our starting QB next season.
The problem is he doesn't have unilateral control over HOW he goes out, only WHEN—and what he control he has over both diminishes annually. We all remember and respect Elway going out on top, but how many other egomaniacal uberhistorians have done that? Eventually, everyone reaches a point where they realize, however reluctantly and painfully, they'll NEVER be on top again no matter HOW long they try to hang on, and will only look increasingly pathetic trying until teams stop answering their calls. That point often comes during a long painful offseason rehab.

I personally think Manning will keep going as long as he thinks he has a legit shot at another Ring, and he'll never have a better chance again, so I personally expect he'll return. If he does, and plays well, I'll have to eat my oft-repeated words about "2 or MAYBE 3 years before he retires or we wish he had" and few things would please me more. But I'm not waiting for and feeling my thigh muscles slowly grow back together around scar tissue while contemplating it.

VonDoom
01-29-2015, 08:11 PM
Archie did a million interviews today, and after talking to him, some people reported that Peyton would be back and others that he wouldn't. I truly think he hasn't made up his mind yet. The local radio interview I heard with Archie was very non-committal - he said things like, "He's going to take his time" and "He always makes good decisions", so it's really hard to read anything into that. I'll be interested to hear any Peyton soundbites tomorrow when he accepts his Bart Starr award.

Joel
01-29-2015, 08:15 PM
So do you think Elway would have made the moves he made because he thought peyton would come back or because he thought peyton would retire, or he would have made the moves regardless? I'm inclined to think he made the moves so we can win a SB and I don't see that happening without peyton. Just MHO.
I think he makes those moves regardless. The only moves he's made THIS young offseason are replacing the whole awful coaching staff with a great one, and, while the old one proved Manning could never win a SB with them, his retirement would make upgrading them even more vital. Over HALF OUR STARTING ROSTER was named to this years Pro Bowl and/or the last one; if Foxco more often than not couldn't win ANY playoff games with that, what will they do with less? Guess Chicago and Oakland are about to find out; I almost pity them, but they knew what they were getting.

wayninja
01-29-2015, 08:16 PM

The only way Osweiler doesn't return is if Peyton returns for 2016 and it certainly doesn't look like he will play out his contract right now. At most 1 more year.

The ONLY thing I am saying is that Chad Henne was also a #57 pick of the draft and that's about what you can expect. Mediocre to crap QB is what you get with any pick later than about #35 at the top of the 2nd round.

That's just been the history of the last 14 years and there's no reason to think that Brock Osweiler is some kind of exception.

There is certainly a possiblity that Osweiler is going to be the next Tom Brady, but that's like saying you have a chance to win the powerball lotto if you buy a ticket. Technically it's true of course, someone has to win after all, but it's just not going to happen to you.

Ok, so it's either 2015 or 2016. Does that make some sort of huge difference? You keep warning us about Osweiler as though foreknowledge will somehow prevent the inevitable.

If it's 2015, and he sucks, we suck, at least we have a high draft pick to start over. I'd rather do that sooner than later with the other talent we have.

slim
01-29-2015, 08:18 PM
Occam's Razor -

Or maybe he is smart enough to know that it will only get worse. I doubt he wants to embarrass himself any more than he already did the last few months.

In other words, double or nothing on the $10 you owe me.

#highroller.

tomjonesrocks
01-29-2015, 08:20 PM
Had to have been a very discouraging year, having basically everyone from the coaches to the players quit.

And probably really embarrassing to be so bad while hurt.

Buff
01-29-2015, 08:44 PM
Or maybe he is smart enough to know that it will only get worse. I doubt he wants to embarrass himself any more than he already did the last few months.

#highroller.

You forgot the egomaniac part. He leaked the injury information because he thinks he can still play when healthy. Therefore, he won't retire as long as he's cleared physically imo.

OrangeHoof
01-30-2015, 01:43 AM
Occam's Razor -

That mirrors my thinking. I don't think he'd let that stinker against Indy be his final game.

wayninja
01-30-2015, 01:57 AM
That mirrors my thinking. I don't think he'd let that stinker against Indy be his final game.

It might not be up to him. The body part of him, anyway.

mouthofsouth
01-30-2015, 04:24 AM
Archie Manning is NOT in the Pro football Hall of Fame. He is in the College Football Hall of Fame though.

jlarsiii
01-30-2015, 10:50 AM

To a degree you are right. It is easy to predict that Os will not pan out because historically that is what happens. Most drafted QBs don't pan out. However, let's wait and see what he looks like in a few real games before we pass judgement.

Overall it is hard to read how good or bad Os will be. Elway sold it as picking a QB he thought he could develop. Reality says that he was brought on board as a cover your ass move in case Manning didn't heal from his neck issues or got hurt again. We didn't want to get caught without a viable backup (like what happened with Indy when Manning went down).

Since Brock is nearing the end of his contract we will see what the new regime and Elway think of him now. If they pick a qb in the top end of the draft we can infer that either Brock isn't developing like they want or they anticipate him skipping town when his contract is up. If they don't pick a qb, or draft one at the end of the draft then Os is still the guy.

I am hoping that if Kubes and Elway stick with him that this will mean that Os is going to hopefully be the man as well as our next franchise QB.

Ravage!!!
01-30-2015, 11:04 AM

We needed a new coaching staff, nontheless, so I don't think the coaching changes had anything to to with Manning...personally. As I don't see Kubiak's system being one that is "built" around a Manning's style of football.

slim
01-30-2015, 01:05 PM
You forgot the egomaniac part. He leaked the injury information because he thinks he can still play when healthy. Therefore, he won't retire as long as he's cleared physically imo.

I would hope John wwould talk some sense into him.

VonDoom
01-30-2015, 01:29 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 37m37 minutes ago

I asked if he is physically prepared for another season. He said he wants to make sure he's good enough to give his team a chance.

Almost made it sound like he didn't want to be a burden if his health fails. Not worried about his neck as much other things.

Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 30m30 minutes ago

Peyton Manning this morning "I haven't made a decision yet, I still want to take some time.''

Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 26m26 minutes ago

More Manning; "I'm not interested in making this a lingering thing.''

Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 24m24 minutes ago

More Manning; " “I’d like to make a decision soon, but at the same time, you know, (the Broncos) have instructed me to take some time.''

Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 21m21 minutes ago

Manning on Kubiak offense; "But if I choose to come back ... I feel pretty comfortable playing in any offense, I really do.’’

Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 7m7 minutes ago

Manning on Kubiak; “Great respect for him as a football coach and a human being and looking forward to getting to know him a little better,’

Jeff Legwold ‏@Jeff_Legwold 4m4 minutes ago

Manning on playoff loss in decision; "“Well, hey look, if I were to stop that last game wouldn’t be a factor,’’

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 59m59 minutes ago

Manning "I am still taking time. I am not interested in letting this longer. There are things want to discuss w joe, John and (Kubiak)"

I'd guess this seems like he's coming back.

Ravage!!!
01-30-2015, 01:37 PM
I think he comes back. An ex player (didn't catch name, but this week there are a million on the sports radio shows)... felt that IF Manning was going to retire, we would have heard by now.

Obviously not a fact, but kinda made me think. Seems that most of the time players that retire at this stage of their career, KNOW its time to retire. I think the hesitation means, he just isn't really sure... and if he isn't sure.... I believe he comes back.

But as North said.... either way he decides, I'm pretty ok with.

Joel
01-30-2015, 01:38 PM
I asked if he is physically prepared for another season. He said he wants to make sure he's good enough to give his team a chance.
That's certainly encouraging. I take him at his word and consider it strongly to his credit that he's focused on "do my teammates still have a legit chance with ME," not the reverse, but also take it to mean that unless some red flag pops up to convince him he's a liability rather than an asset, he'll give it one more go. I can't help wondering if the near certainty of finally having strong run support motivates him.

The only other big potential wrinkle is whether we ask him to restructure, but as I understand that wouldn't save us any long term cap money, just spread the hit over even more seasons until long after he's certain to retire. I doubt Elway will demand a pay cut of a guy he really wants back (at least according to his public statements,) but certainly not if it only delays rather than reducing the total cap hit.

Cugel
01-30-2015, 02:19 PM
I think he makes those moves regardless. The only moves he's made THIS young offseason are replacing the whole awful coaching staff with a great one, and, while the old one proved Manning could never win a SB with them, his retirement would make upgrading them even more vital. Over HALF OUR STARTING ROSTER was named to this years Pro Bowl and/or the last one; if Foxco more often than not couldn't win ANY playoff games with that, what will they do with less? Guess Chicago and Oakland are about to find out; I almost pity them, but they knew what they were getting.

I don't pity them. I am going to cackle maniacally when both Fox and Del Rio are fired after 2 disastrous seasons. Fox couldn't get along with Peyton? Get a load of Jeff George Cutler!

And Del Rio, you couldn't wait for the team to lose so you could speed-dial the Raiders? Have fun with that! You've got exactly 2 players and 51 bums on your team.

Even if Brock Osweiler is less than mediocre this Broncos team can beat the Raiders twice a year!

Cugel
01-30-2015, 02:25 PM
As for Elway, of course he would make exactly the same moves whether Peyton returns or not. He's in it for the long-term. He'll try out Brock Osweiler and see what he's got, then look to the draft and try and bring in a veteran FA to try and keep things from totally unraveling while he finds another QB if Brock doesn't work out, etc.

He's a true pro at this.

The problem is that the Denver Broncos without Peyton are like the Buffalo Bills. Nice team. Loads of talent on defense with total STUDS like Mario Williams and Marcel Dareus. Overall good team balance. I was very favorably impressed with the Buffalo Bills this season. But, they had Kyle Orton as their QB, so they were doomed from the start. And next year they will have E.J. Manuel as their QB and they will still be in the same division with Tom Brady, so they will once again have zero chance.

Without Peyton this team is a nice team with lots of young talent, but no proven QB, facing a conference with Joe Flacco, Phillip Rivers, Andrew Luck, Ben Roethlisberger and Tom Brady and possibly, maybe Ryan Tannehill. The Broncos go from being among the SB favorites to being about 100-1 long-shots.

Of course, Ryan Tannehill may not be all that yet. I just put him in there because he has the most super-hot wife:

Joel
01-30-2015, 06:51 PM
I don't pity them. I am going to cackle maniacally when both Fox and Del Rio are fired after 2 disastrous seasons. Fox couldn't get along with Peyton? Get a load of Jeff George Cutler!

And Del Rio, you couldn't wait for the team to lose so you could speed-dial the Raiders? Have fun with that! You've got exactly 2 players and 51 bums on your team.

Even if Brock Osweiler is less than mediocre this Broncos team can beat the Raiders twice a year!
I meant I almost pity Chicago and its fans (not Oaklands, for obvious reasons; that place is like an object lesson in karma, so Del Rio couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch.)

Joel
01-30-2015, 07:02 PM
As for Elway, of course he would make exactly the same moves whether Peyton returns or not. He's in it for the long-term. He'll try out Brock Osweiler and see what he's got, then look to the draft and try and bring in a veteran FA to try and keep things from totally unraveling while he finds another QB if Brock doesn't work out, etc.

He's a true pro at this.

The problem is that the Denver Broncos without Peyton are like the Buffalo Bills. Nice team. Loads of talent on defense with total STUDS like Mario Williams and Marcel Dareus. Overall good team balance. I was very favorably impressed with the Buffalo Bills this season. But, they had Kyle Orton as their QB, so they were doomed from the start. And next year they will have E.J. Manuel as their QB and they will still be in the same division with Tom Brady, so they will once again have zero chance.

Without Peyton this team is a nice team with lots of young talent, but no proven QB, facing a conference with Joe Flacco, Phillip Rivers, Andrew Luck, Ben Roethlisberger and Tom Brady and possibly, maybe Ryan Tannehill. The Broncos go from being among the SB favorites to being about 100-1 long-shots.

Of course, Ryan Tannehill may not be all that yet. I just put him in there because he has the most super-hot wife:
Tannehill's an Aggie, as are Kubiak and Miller, and Aggies are clannish as only graduates of a former military academy in a small rural Southern town can be. Further, Miamis ownership is a bunch of morons, and one result of that is their locker room's been a minefield in recent years. Finally, this is Tannehills final contract year. So: What if Manning plays just ONE more year, then Kubiak calls up Tannehill to say, "Howdy, Ag!" while Miller sends his old teammate texts about what standup guys Mr. Bowlen, Elway and Kubes are before reminding him Denver folks spout, "Howdy, neighbor," more than Floridians.

Not saying it'll happen, nor is even likely, but mentioning Tannehill did bring it to mind. I doubt he'll do better than Marino in Miami, and he's probably smart enough to know it.

Valar Morghulis
01-30-2015, 07:22 PM

#highroller.

Love this analogy.

My money is on Peyton doubling up.

One more year - one more mvp - one more ring

vettesplus
01-31-2015, 12:04 PM
was at a youth basketball torny and overheard todd helton say he thinks he will call it done. todds daughter was playing in the torny, he is real good friends with pfm

Denver Native (Carol)
01-31-2015, 01:48 PM
was at a youth basketball torny and overheard todd helton say he thinks he will call it done. todds daughter was playing in the torny, he is real good friends with pfm

I am thinking that might be Todd's feelings only. Yes, he and Peyton are very good friends, and if Peyton confided in Todd, and can not see Todd letting it out of the bag, before Peyton himself says he is retiring.

Lancane
01-31-2015, 03:06 PM
I am thinking that might be Todd's feelings only. Yes, he and Peyton are very good friends, and if Peyton confided in Todd, and can not see Todd letting it out of the bag, before Peyton himself says he is retiring.

I agree that it's likely Helton's feelings about where his friend is. What concerns me is that Manning is contemplating if he is any good to the team or if he'd hinder the team. I would rather that he is sure one way or the other before agreeing to return, because having that on your mind during the season could hamper his effectiveness as a quarterback and as a leader.

Valar Morghulis
01-31-2015, 03:45 PM
No way Helton is stupid enough to leak Manning's personal info.

Lancane
01-31-2015, 04:05 PM
No way Helton is stupid enough to leak Manning's personal info.

Well, I think the context is being misread, Helton is far from stupid but he does like to chat with people, he's very outgoing. But even so, this was not insider information as you put it but more said as an opinion - so it's quite possible that he did say that, but it wasn't meant as a finite comment.

TXBRONC
02-01-2015, 05:26 PM
Manning comes back great but he doesn't I don't think Denver falls off the earth like some obnoxious fans of other teams think.

Lancane
02-01-2015, 05:39 PM
Manning comes back great but he doesn't I don't think Denver falls off the earth like some obnoxious fans other teams think.

Or our own obnoxious fans who would think that the stars were falling! ;)

chazoe60
02-01-2015, 05:48 PM
#namedrop

TXBRONC
02-01-2015, 05:55 PM
Or our own obnoxious fans who would think that the stars were falling! ;)

This is true. One of the worst is Chazoe, he's such a turd ball. :wave:

chazoe60
02-01-2015, 06:05 PM
This is true. One of the worst is Chazoe, he's such a turd ball. :wave:

**** an A

Denver Native (Carol)
02-01-2015, 08:54 PM
Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning won't keep people guessing on his future for long.

Manning could decide as early as the coming week that he is indeed returning for an 18th season, according to sources.

Manning has been fairly persuaded that all will work well between him and new head coach Gary Kubiak, who is ready and willing to fit his scheme to play to the quarterback's strengths.

Even though Manning attended the 50th Gatorade party late Friday night with several athletic icons, including New York Yankees great Derek Jeter, Manning will not announce he will be having a farewell season in 2015. That's not his style and he does not want to lock himself into a final year, yet.

rest - http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12262440/peyton-manning-denver-broncos-decide-return-soon

TXBRONC
02-01-2015, 09:07 PM
rest - http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12262440/peyton-manning-denver-broncos-decide-return-soon

It will be good to get that out of the way.

Lancane
02-01-2015, 09:13 PM
It will good to get that out of the way

Agreed, one way or another.

OrangeFanatic
02-01-2015, 11:17 PM
Still hopes he comes back? I couldn't disagree more. I hope he retires. After all his choking, his throat must be tired anyways...

chazoe60
02-01-2015, 11:34 PM
Still hopes he comes back? I couldn't disagree more. I hope he retires. After all his choking, his throat must be tired anyways...
You again? Do us all a favor and set your computer on fire, piss on it, set it on fire again, and throw it in a lake.

Simple Jaded
02-01-2015, 11:39 PM

Hey do you know where I can get the Farmers Only Dot Com mp3, been lookin to add that to my co-lec-she-own?

Lancane
02-02-2015, 12:42 AM
You again? Do us all a favor and set your computer on fire, piss on it, set it on fire again, and throw it in a lake.

Why Chazoe...I never...why need throw it in the lake? LMAO

It's not really a new idea though, I also hope he calls it quits, I think he is leaning that way anyways because how long it's taking and if he is this indecisive it could be bad for the team. I know why people want him to return, but chances we make it to the Super Bowl next year are truly slim. New schemes, systems and I can barely remember any first year regimes that made it all the way to the promise land in their initial season. Some fans are ready to move on in a long-term direction, while others are not. So no need to throw his computer in the lake, but he may go ahead and light it on fire and piss on it all he wants!

silkamilkamonico
02-02-2015, 06:39 AM
I love Manning - love everything about him. Dude is all class. Dude represented our organization with nothing but the best.

But after watching the SuperBowl tonight, and 2 QB's going back and forth with resilitent effor when things aren't going there way in the biggest game of all games, makes me believe Peyton just doens't have that rugged get hit down and get back up to win this game at the biggest stage.

I hope he rides off into the sunset and his long lasting legacy as one of the best QB's in the game greets him with open arms.

Cugel
02-02-2015, 04:02 PM
Manning comes back great but he doesn't I don't think Denver falls off the earth like some obnoxious fans of other teams think.

"Oh, No! Brock has the helm!"

It might not be that bad, but it will be bad. It will be the Brian Griese era all over again. How do we know? Statistics, that's how. 118 QBs selected at #57 or later in the draft since Tom Brady in 2000. How many have been any good? One. Russell Wilson. That is it folks.

So, statistically the chances are less than 1% chance of Super Bowl, 99% chance of bust. :coffee:

If you're betting on the 1% rather than the 99% chance, then I only have one thing to say: "that's how Vegas built the Bellagio."

Lancane
02-02-2015, 04:09 PM

It might not be that bad, but it will be bad. It will be the Brian Griese era all over again. How do we know? Statistics, that's how. 118 QBs selected at #57 or later in the draft since Tom Brady in 2000. How many have been any good? One. Russell Wilson. That is it folks.

So, statistically the chances are less than 1% chance of Super Bowl, 99% chance of bust. :coffee:

If you're betting on the 1% rather than the 99% chance, then I only have one thing to say: "that's how Vegas built the Bellagio."

Wish in one hand and **** in the other and see what fills faster.

But your analytical brouhaha does not really hold weight in the modern NFL where we've seen second round picks actually become more then their draft position. Farve, Brees, Foles and Dalton, Montana was a 3rd Round Pick for crying out loud and Brady a 6th. But even if he proves not to be the heir apparent then so be it, the team moves on...better to discover sooner rather then later just what you have in the cupboard.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-02-2015, 04:15 PM
I love Manning - love everything about him. Dude is all class. Dude represented our organization with nothing but the best.

But after watching the SuperBowl tonight, and 2 QB's going back and forth with resilitent effor when things aren't going there way in the biggest game of all games, makes me believe Peyton just doens't have that rugged get hit down and get back up to win this game at the biggest stage.

I hope he rides off into the sunset and his long lasting legacy as one of the best QB's in the game greets him with open arms.

Jeff Legwold @Jeff_Legwold · 15h

Seahawk surrendered two 300-yard passing games this season -- to Brady Sunday night and to Manning in overtime Sea. win in Week 3.

Northman
02-02-2015, 04:18 PM
Wish in one hand and **** in the other and see what fills faster.

But your analytical brouhaha does not really hold weight in the modern NFL where we've seen second round picks actually become more then their draft position. Farve, Brees, Foles and Dalton, Montana was a 3rd Round Pick for crying out loud and Brady a 6th. But even if he proves not to be the heir apparent then so be it, the team moves on...better to discover sooner rather then later just what you have in the cupboard.

Lmao, spot on. Cugal is wrong more times than right so take that for what it was worth. He just blows a lot of hot air on here.

TXBRONC
02-02-2015, 04:22 PM

Believe what you wish Cugel. I'll wait and see what happens.

silkamilkamonico
02-02-2015, 04:35 PM
Jeff Legwold @Jeff_Legwold · 15h

Seahawk surrendered two 300-yard passing games this season -- to Brady Sunday night and to Manning in overtime Sea. win in Week 3.

Week 3 against anybody just doesn't constitue a big game for me in the NFL.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-02-2015, 06:21 PM
the confetti likely is not even cleaned up in all of the hallways inside university of phoenix stadium, but vegas has already turned the page to the 2015 season.

And if the oddsmakers are right, next season’s playoffs will look suspiciously like this season’s playoffs, with the denver broncos as one of the early favorites. From the folks at bovada, the seattle seahawks, who were defeated 28-24 by the new england patriots in super bowl xlix sunday night, emerged from the official end of the 2014 season as the favorite to win super bowl 50 at 5-to-1.

The patriots, with their fourth title in quarterback tom brady's career, are next at 7-to-1, the green bay packers are 8-to-1, and the denver broncos are 10-to-1. So, that is both super bowl teams, a team that played in a conference title game (green bay), and a team that was the no. 2 seed in the afc when the playoffs opened (denver).

and

according to bovada sportsbook manager kevin bradley, the broncos’ odds to win super bowl 50 would drop to 40-to-1 if manning were to announce his retirement in the coming weeks.

Full article - http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/11795/broncos-among-early-favorites-for-super-bowl-50

Lancane
02-02-2015, 06:35 PM
and

Carol, despite the odds by Bovada Sportsbook. No team has ever won a championship the first year of a regime change when the offense and defense were being completely altered and even then it's rare. Barry Switzer who had a loaded Cowboys took two seasons, Mike Shanahan who tweaked the Broncos Roster took three seasons, it took Mike Tomlin two seasons in Pittsburgh. It took John Harbaugh four years and his brother Jim Harbaugh nearly did it in two years. The only two who have pulled off that feat was John Gruden with Tampa Bay and George Seifert in San Francisco, but they both inherited loaded teams, Gruden playing Oakland knew their playbook inside and out, he had pretty much coached the Raiders while coaching the Buccaneers to the same Super Bowl. Seifert did not change what Walsh had created, it was still Bill Walsh's team, so it was not a real regime change.

Let's say we win the division again and go on to lose in the divisional rounds or the conference championship...then what? Waiting for Manning to make this decision again, like Green Bay had to do with Farve, call it Manning-Watch? There comes a time when the best for a team is to move forward instead of holding still. I believe Manning did wonders for us, he and Fox both rebounded a franchise that became a disaster...but they honestly had their window.

Northman
02-02-2015, 06:41 PM
We were favorites this year. Early season hype means nothing for me.

Simple Jaded
02-07-2015, 07:35 PM
The odds makers have considered the coaching change so the odds and the odds.

Jsteve01
02-07-2015, 10:37 PM

6553 the Brian Griese era was looking pretty freaking good in his second season. And then he tore up his shoulder. Same system but Brock has more natural ability and more targets.

Jsteve01
02-07-2015, 11:28 PM
null

Dude it was a rematch against the team that thrashed us in the Super bowl. One of our two biggest regular season games. Play it how you like but that game was huge

sneakers
02-08-2015, 12:28 AM
when does he have to make a decision? early march?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-08-2015, 12:52 AM
when does he have to make a decision? early march?

Yes, I I believe March 9 is the deadline.

TXBRONC
02-08-2015, 09:26 AM
Yes, I I believe March 9 is the deadline.

I'm pretty sure you're correct.

spikerman
02-09-2015, 10:30 PM
The Brock Osweiler era will have to wait another year.

Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning is expected to begin working with renowned strength and conditioning coach Mackie Shilstone this week in preparation for an 18th NFL season, Jeff Duncan of The Times-Picayune reports.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000469677/article/report-peyton-manning-preparing-for-broncos-return

Lancane
02-09-2015, 11:37 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000469677/article/report-peyton-manning-preparing-for-broncos-return

Read that and have to admit I am not very excited...but knew it was likely. I hope Brock asks to be traded, he needs a shot to compete not waste away on the bench.

Simple Jaded
02-09-2015, 11:43 PM
Read that and have to admit I am not very excited...but knew it was likely. I hope Brock asks to be traded, he needs a shot to compete not waste away on the bench.

Dude keep Os locked up as long as possible, stick him with the transition tag next too, who cares if he likes it?

Lancane
02-10-2015, 12:11 AM
Dude keep Os locked up as long as possible, stick him with the transition tag next too, who cares if he likes it?

Yeah, great way to make him want to quarterback here...lol. He's sat three seasons, the team has been more about Manning and winning a Championship then moving forward and if he is a true quarterback he wants to compete, something he'll not get in Denver right now. Trade him, allow him to compete elsewhere and sign a back-up quarterback who can start if need be then find a quarterback of the future later. I like Brock, but forcing a kid to sit until he is four or five seasons in this league is a joke, I bet he regrets Denver taking him despite his friendship with Elway's son and Elway's mentor.

Simple Jaded
02-10-2015, 12:33 AM
Yeah, great way to make him want to quarterback here...lol. He's sat three seasons, the team has been more about Manning and winning a Championship then moving forward and if he is a true quarterback he wants to compete, something he'll not get in Denver right now. Trade him, allow him to compete elsewhere and sign a back-up quarterback who can start if need be then find a quarterback of the future later. I like Brock, but forcing a kid to sit until he is four or five seasons in this league is a joke, I bet he regrets Denver taking him despite his friendship with Elway's son and Elway's mentor.

The Broncos did him a favor, drafted him after starting a handful of games at the college level and gave him a top notch environment to develope in. If he went to a team that started him right off the bat he'd be somewhere between Blaine Gabbert and Jake Locker in his career, he simply was not ready. Best thing to happen to him was Denver drafting him, he'd have gotten at least one year on the bench.

I would never expect him to like it but I if he's that bent outta shape he's gonna have to get glad in the same diapers he got mad in cause he isn't going anywhere. Tough titties Brock, your time will come and I'd be doing everything possible to make sure it's in Denver.

Lancane
02-10-2015, 12:42 AM
The Broncos did him a favor, drafted him after starting a handful of games at the college level and gave him a top notch environment to develope in. If he went to a team that started him right off the bat he'd be somewhere between Blaine Gabbert and Jake Locker in his career, he simply was not ready. Best thing to happen to him was Denver drafting him, he'd have gotten at least one year on the bench.

I would never expect him to like it but I if he's that bent outta shape he's gonna have to get glad in the same diapers he got mad in cause he isn't going anywhere. Tough titties Brock, your time will come and I'd be doing everything possible to make sure it's in Denver.

Dude, forget yourself, forget the team and remember this is football. Open your eyes beyond the Orange and Blue, the world is more then black and white. Most teams would not make a player wait half a decade to see the field, not in this day and age, competitors would loath it (remember what Manning pulled with Oz? That had to leave a bad taste). And how do you know he isn't going anywhere, that would be the dumbest move Elway could make by **** blocking a player who wants to be traded so he could compete, it would create bad blood between the two not to mention make players leery of the team.

MOtorboat
02-10-2015, 12:54 AM
Dude, forget yourself, forget the team and remember this is football. Open your eyes beyond the Orange and Blue, the world is more then black and white. Most teams would not make a player wait half a decade to see the field, not in this day and age, competitors would loath it (remember what Manning pulled with Oz? That had to leave a bad taste). And how do you know he isn't going anywhere, that would be the dumbest move Elway could make by **** blocking a player who wants to be traded so he could compete, it would create bad blood between the two not to mention make players leery of the team.

Can't disagree more. It's a business. If Elway deems that Osweiler is the best this team can get post Manning, then the rest of this stuff doesn't matter. You keep him.

Lancane
02-10-2015, 01:00 AM
Can't disagree more. It's a business. If Elway deems that Osweiler is the best this team can get post Manning, then the rest of this stuff doesn't matter. You keep him.

Have you not seen what bad blood between a player and franchise causes? Let's say that Osweiler is kept, then transitionally tagged and then? He'll be going elsewhere and Elway is left holding his **** in his hand. It takes only a little venom to poison a locker room, I've seen it. This may be a business, but it's also a business where you screw the money makers (players) then you'll stop getting interest from those same said players only the ones who are all about the money.

MOtorboat
02-10-2015, 01:04 AM
Have you not seen what bad blood between a player and franchise causes? Let's say that Osweiler is kept, then transitionally tagged and then? He'll be going elsewhere and Elway is left holding his **** in his hand. It takes only a little venom to poison a locker room, I've seen it. This may be a business, but it's also a business where you screw the money makers (players) then you'll stop getting interest from those same said players only the ones who are all about the money.

I doubt the sky is falling scenario happens.

Simple Jaded
02-10-2015, 01:05 AM

I'm thinking about this from Elway and the Broncos point of view, not Osweiler's. Unless something special happens next season the chances get higher that Manning calls it a career but even if he comes back I slap Osweiler with a transition tag and match any reasonable offer he gets. This is no different than a franchise tag or restricted FA except he's not getting in real games. Teams block players all the time and many different ways.

Im having a hard time figuring out why the Broncos would do it any other way, unless they got a deal to make it worth their while, which would be tits actually

Valar Morghulis
02-10-2015, 01:07 AM
Pfm for the win.
Brock to sit but if he wants to go, let him

Lancane
02-10-2015, 01:14 AM
I'm thinking about this from Elway and the Broncos point of view, not Osweiler's. Unless something special happens next season the chances get higher that Manning calls it a career but even if he comes back I slap Osweiler with a transition tag and match any reasonable offer he gets. This is no different than a franchise tag or restricted FA except he's not getting in real games. Teams block players all the time and many different ways.

Im having a hard time figuring out why the Broncos would do it any other way, unless they got a deal to make it worth their while, which would be tits actually

That tag is for one season, and one season only. He does not have to sign a long-term deal and I wouldn't with a team who treated me that way, actually most players wouldn't.

Lancane
02-10-2015, 01:16 AM
Pfm for the win.
Brock to sit but if he wants to go, let him

PFM will get his last shot, but I don't expect much to come from it. But as for Oz I agree, if he wants I think it's only right that they let him.

Simple Jaded
02-10-2015, 01:23 AM
PFM will get his last shot, but I don't expect much to come from it. But as for Oz I agree, if he wants I think it's only right that they let him.

Sounds like you've already made up your mind about how this turns out. Have you considered the possibility that Manning gets hurt and Osweiler gets to do exactly what the Broncos drafted him for in the first place?

Simple Jaded
02-10-2015, 01:30 AM
That tag is for one season, and one season only. He does not have to sign a long-term deal and I wouldn't with a team who treated me that way, actually most players wouldn't.

If Osweiler gets an offer the tag gives the Broncos the option of matching it, if they can slap him with it again the next season then slap him with it the next season.

Besides the Broncos probably wouldn't have to slap him with a tag, chances are they let him hit the market and let the market set his value and go from there.

Lancane
02-10-2015, 01:37 AM
Sounds like you've already made up your mind about how this turns out. Have you considered the possibility that Manning gets hurt and Osweiler gets to do exactly what the Broncos drafted him for in the first place?

I am pretty sure that Manning is a dead horse being beat, I respect him as a competitor and player just he struggles continuously when it's important. But I also think that odds are against the Broncos in a complete transition year which is typical, nothing against Manning. No team expects to win come a regime change's first year, but we have a bunch of fans who are optimistic despite the odds and that is okay, I just know that history tends to repeat itself frequently.

No, I think Peyton Manning is going to be kept upright thanks to the zone scheme and the run heavy offense, it should keep him healthy for the year and hell, could prolong him well enough to come back in 2016 which is when he may have his best shot since 2013 and 2014. Denver could trade Oz, let him compete elsewhere and bring in someone like Bradford or Sanchez to be a backup capable of starting, but I don't expect them to. I just don't allow in allowing talent to ride the bench past a certain time, I believe it's detrimental to the player and then to the team because it can cause bad blood.

Lancane
02-10-2015, 01:46 AM
If Osweiler gets an offer the tag gives the Broncos the option of matching it, if they can slap him with it again the next season then slap him with it the next season.

Besides the Broncos probably wouldn't have to slap him with a tag, chances are they let him hit the market and let the market set his value and go from there.

A player can be tagged only three times in a row, however the second and third tag he get's an additional 10% under the CBA. And my point was that tags and stopping a player from seeking to compete tends to create bad blood between both parties.

Simple Jaded
02-10-2015, 01:49 AM
In all this drama I've kinda lost track of what injustice Osweiler has suffered, he probably isn't even the only 2nd round pick in his draft class to be stuck behind a starter. Besides, it's Manning who decided to play again I don't see how Osweiler could blame the Broncos for that.

Lancane
02-10-2015, 02:05 AM
In all this drama I've kinda lost track of what injustice Osweiler has suffered, he probably isn't even the only 2nd round pick in his draft class to be stuck behind a starter. Besides, it's Manning who decided to play again I don't see how Osweiler could blame the Broncos for that.

No, but remember that he was brought in to be the future, and all the talk that has followed and so on and so forth. Every year the team is asked about Osweiler from the press, we saw the crap that happened when he was going to go in last year and it was evident he was displeased. He may not blame Denver for a single thing whatsoever, but John Elway did say he wanted Manning back, he's sat for three years and other then career backups most don't sit for four years. Rodgers sat for three, name another quarterback of the modern era to sit for four seasons? Hell, name another quarterback that has had to sit for three? The only other I can think of is Young in San Francisco and eventually they moved on from Montana. Maybe he does blame Manning, but I am sure he'd like his shot and what if Manning decides to come back again? That is why Green Bay made the decision to move on from Favre. Remember that while fresh these kids not only get older and their window closes but they also don't earn money like their counterparts and here is Osweiler watching Foles start and go to the Pro-Bowl and Wilson start and lead his team to back to back Super Bowls, think he really wants to sit and wait more?

Simple Jaded
02-10-2015, 02:13 AM
So they drafted Osweiler and told him they want him to be the QBotF when Manning retires and are screwing him over by doing exactly what they told him they'd do?

MOtorboat
02-10-2015, 02:15 AM
Who ******* cares? Its the damn backup to a Hall of Fame quarterback. The Hall of Fame quarterback is going to play.

Boo-hoo.

Lancane
02-10-2015, 02:24 AM
Who ******* cares? Its the damn backup to a Hall of Fame quarterback. The Hall of Fame quarterback is going to play.

Boo-hoo.

You know, Mo... Some of us do and some of us don't, why do you give a rat's hairy ***? I don't believe this board is about any one single player. And while Manning is the starting quarterback and a future Hall of Famer, he didn't make the Broncos, hell most don't really consider him a Bronco just another stop-gap mercenary. He won't retire a Bronco, he'll go back to Indy and sign a one day contract like most players do with the teams that they were with for so long. And while he is only the back-up to that Hall of Famer, that same said quarterback only has another year or two in him and then it's off to someone else. Just like Griese after Elway, Cutler after Plummer, Tebow after Orton and Manning after Tebow, it's the way the league is. Doesn't matter if some of us like him or think it's past time to move on, he will. But we're still allowed to talk about it, just like we did with all those other quarterbacks.

Have a Prozac and some Beer, this will be talked about for much of the off-season, the season and the following off-season. :beer:

Valar Morghulis
02-10-2015, 02:46 AM
You know, Mo... Some of us do and some of us don't, why do you give a rat's hairy ***? I don't believe this board is about any one single player. And while Manning is the starting quarterback and a future Hall of Famer, he didn't make the Broncos, hell most don't really consider him a Bronco just another stop-gap mercenary. He won't retire a Bronco, he'll go back to Indy and sign a one day contract like most players do with the teams that they were with for so long. And while he is only the back-up to that Hall of Famer, that same said quarterback only has another year or two in him and then it's off to someone else. Just like Griese after Elway, Cutler after Plummer, Tebow after Orton and Manning after Tebow, it's the way the league is. Doesn't matter if some of us like him or think it's past time to move on, he will. But we're still allowed to talk about it, just like we did with all those other quarterbacks.

Have a Prozac and some Beer, this will be talked about for much of the off-season, the season and the following off-season. :beer:

I would love him to retire a Bronco - fuk you Indy and fuk you isray

MOtorboat
02-10-2015, 02:58 AM

Because when I saw that Peyton Manning was reportedly returning, I logged on to find you whining about it, and, frankly, it kind of pissed me off.

The amount of whining about how terrible the last three years have been on this board is excruciating. And now we're whining that Osweiler won't get a chance. Boo-hoo.

Just think, five years ago this board thought the Broncos were ****** for 10 years. Four division titles and an AFC Championship later...we're whining that the backup quarterback might not play.

I'm allowed my opinion too, even if that opinion finds yours really annoying and off topic.

Lancane
02-10-2015, 03:14 AM
Because when I saw that Peyton Manning was reportedly returning, I logged on to find you whining about it, and, frankly, it kind of pissed me off.

The amount of whining about how terrible the last three years have been on this board is excruciating. And now we're whining that Osweiler won't get a chance. Boo-hoo.

Just think, five years ago this board thought the Broncos were ****** for 10 years. Four division titles and an AFC Championship later...we're whining that the backup quarterback might not play.

I'm allowed my opinion too, even if that opinion finds yours really annoying and off topic.

Wasn't like I set out to piss people off, but I do and that is that. And I agree, we thought this team was screwed, but then Elway turned it around. Haven't you learned by now that no one always accepts everything that happens? Plummer? Cutler? Marshall? McDaniels? Orton? Tebow? Fox? We're all fickle creatures Mo, even you brother. I'm not whining about him getting to play or not, I am talking about the fact that the team drafted him to be the future quarterback and making him sit for near a half a decade not thinking that it could cause issues. I could care less if they decide to stick with Manning, I may think it's time to move on...but I was much the same with Plummer, Orton and Tebow, actually other then Elway and Cutler I have long been one of those with issues regarding the quarterback issue in Denver, I thought Osweiler could be the next good one, but Manning is here now and will play again, I think he'll benefit from certain aspects of the new regime and have a good year even if I don't think it will lead to a championship. But eventually it will change, but come that time I think the bridge will be gone with Osweiler, we saw that sort of happening this year - it's evident. But oh well, my whole point was if I was him I would asked to be traded so I could compete and not sit a fourth season, or maybe even a fifth. And that Denver has options.

spikerman
02-10-2015, 06:28 AM
How long did Rodgers sit behind Favre? I can't say for sure, but it's probably a safe bet that Osweiler is no Rodgers.

spikerman
02-10-2015, 06:37 AM

If this really is Manning's last year and the Broncos truly believe Osweiler is the QB of the future, why would they trade the next year's starting QB only to bring in a stop-gap player? I wish an NFL team would treat me as bad as he has been treated.

Lancane
02-10-2015, 01:11 PM
How long did Rodgers sit behind Favre? I can't say for sure, but it's probably a safe bet that Osweiler is no Rodgers.

Three years, they knew that they couldn't let him sit longer. Other then that instance the only other I can think of that ended positively was Young in San Francisco.

Lancane
02-10-2015, 01:20 PM
If this really is Manning's last year and the Broncos truly believe Osweiler is the QB of the future, why would they trade the next year's starting QB only to bring in a stop-gap player? I wish an NFL team would treat me as bad as he has been treated.

We don't know that it's Manning's last year, he could pull the same next year as well. Remember Favre? And if Denver truly thought Osweiler was the quarterback of the future I don't believe they would have been so quick to hitch their wagon to Manning, especially during a regime change that favors Osweiler's skillset more then Manning's own.

Did I say the Broncos' mistreated him? Name on instance I claimed us much? I said they are not doing right by him and I stand by that. Kids from his same draft class have now been starters multiple years, one is a Pro-Bowl quarterback the other has led his team in a fashion to back to back Super Bowls? Don't you believe that watching this and being forced to sit behind a stingy *** quarterback despite his greatness rubs him wrong? Foles is going to make bank soon enough, Russell is getting ready to be paid even bigger while he what, sits by doesn't get to play and get mere peanuts in comparison? Would you feel slighted in his boots or grateful?

spikerman
02-10-2015, 09:33 PM
We don't know that it's Manning's last year, he could pull the same next year as well. Remember Favre? And if Denver truly thought Osweiler was the quarterback of the future I don't believe they would have been so quick to hitch their wagon to Manning, especially during a regime change that favors Osweiler's skillset more then Manning's own.

Did I say the Broncos' mistreated him? Name on instance I claimed us much? I said they are not doing right by him and I stand by that. Kids from his same draft class have now been starters multiple years, one is a Pro-Bowl quarterback the other has led his team in a fashion to back to back Super Bowls? Don't you believe that watching this and being forced to sit behind a stingy *** quarterback despite his greatness rubs him wrong? Foles is going to make bank soon enough, Russell is getting ready to be paid even bigger while he what, sits by doesn't get to play and get mere peanuts in comparison? Would you feel slighted in his boots or grateful?
Potato potahto. If Brock doesn't like it, tough shit. Either beat him out in training camp or sit behind a 1st ballot HoF'er and learn something so when you get your chance you'll know what you're doing. My guess is that you're far more upset about this than he is.

BroncoWave
02-10-2015, 09:46 PM
The amount of whining about how terrible the last three years have been on this board is excruciating.

Please point out who in this thread is whining about the last 3 years. I would love to see this.

Lancane
02-10-2015, 10:29 PM
Potato potahto. If Brock doesn't like it, tough shit. Either beat him out in training camp or sit behind a 1st ballot HoF'er and learn something so when you get your chance you'll know what you're doing. My guess is that you're far more upset about this than he is.

As I said earlier, to each his own...we all believe something different.

spikerman
02-10-2015, 11:03 PM
As I said earlier, to each his own...we all believe something different. Tru 'dat (I'm hip)

MOtorboat
02-10-2015, 11:38 PM
Please point out who in this thread is whining about the last 3 years. I would love to see this.

Yes. Everyone seems overly content and gracious. What was I thinking?

Valar Morghulis
02-11-2015, 01:26 AM
There had been at least inferences made that the last 3 years have not been good enough and as such manning is now not welcome.

That boils down to the unrealistic expectation of super bowl or bust. Maybe pre Tebow we were 10 years away from another championship - but at least those years have given us plenty to be optimistic about.

Manning in 2016 for the win.

Ravens 2012
Seahawks 2013
Last 6 games of 2014

Unacceptable - but 8 games out of over 50 is something as a fan I can live with, and want at least one more year of.

DenBronx
02-11-2015, 06:54 AM
We beat the Ravens and we win the SB I think. That was our shot with Manning. Who in the hell knows what happens from here.

BroncoWave
02-11-2015, 07:48 AM
Yes. Everyone seems overly content and gracious. What was I thinking?

No examples. Thought so. You are REALLY over exaggerating people's stances on this. Just because one might not be crazy about Manning being back doesn't mean they think the last 3 years sucked.

TXBRONC
02-11-2015, 07:57 AM

I don't know if he upset or not but by no means is he being mistreated. As unsafe as it may be I will assume that he wants to play and wouldn't be surprised if he's getting frustrated with situation. That said, I don't how he beats out Manning unless gets a chance to get under center.

Timmy!
02-11-2015, 03:00 PM
No examples. Thought so. You are REALLY over exaggerating people's stances on this. Just because one might not be crazy about Manning being back doesn't mean they think the last 3 years sucked.

To MO's point, most of the broncos talk section does come across as a whole lot of bitching about a hof qb at the moment. :shrugs:

BroncoWave
02-11-2015, 03:24 PM
To MO's point, most of the broncos talk section does come across as a whole lot of bitching about a hof qb at the moment. :shrugs:

I mean, I don't think it's unfair to question his playoff struggles or if his 39 year old body can handle another season. Those are real concerns. But I don't think that makes anyone "anti-manning" or means that they think the last 3 years have sucked.

Lancane
02-11-2015, 03:25 PM

Which is typical, when has there not been a divided line on here about the position and those on the roster at any position to be frank? But I also think that all of us expressing our opinions on here is healthy, makes us less likely to be ***holes in the real world!

:lol:

Northman
02-11-2015, 03:57 PM
Which is typical, when has there not been a divided line on here about the position and those on the roster at any position to be frank? But I also think that all of us expressing our opinions on here is healthy, makes us less likely to be ***holes in the real world!

:lol:

Tad off topic but the "a-hole in the real world" reminded me of what happened on SB Sunday.

I was at my wife's friends house, and her friend and family are Ravens fans but every SB Sunday we go there to eat and watch the game. Also, my wife's friends husband has a daughter who happens to be married to a Chiefs fan. So on SB Sunday we are watching the game and clearly im rooting for the Pats, Kevin the husband is sort of rooting for the Pats but is mostly indifferent, just likes a good football game. And of course Andy, the brother-in-law is rooting for the Hawks. Now, not really by design but he and i tend to root for the opposing teams come SB Sunday. Obviously last year he loved that we got smashed so he reveled in it all night. Well, i came upstairs after halftime this year to eat some grub and drink some more beers since Katy Perry wasnt showing anything meaningful at halftime. I was up there for a while and kept checking my phone with the score and saw that the Hawks were up by 10 with about 4 minutes to go in the third.

Im like, ok the Hawks probably have this game and i can hear Andy celebrating downstairs everytime they stop the Pats, etc.

Well, i check my phone again and see that the Pats have closed it to 24-21 and now have the ball with 6 minutes left. SO im like "wow, we got a game again" so i mosy on back downstairs and began watching the rest of the game. So as you know NE scores to go up 28-24 but there is still a minute left and by this time i know thats too much time. And when Wilson begins to connect on long passes im like "wow, this team just has no quit in them which is impressive". Now Andy is quiet at the moment but i can see him rearing up to start pointing at me if the Hawks score so when the INT happens its actually me and Kevin who are celebrating. I really dont say anything to Andy as im too busy making sure that the Pats dont get a safety because they are so deep in their own end.

But after the game is over Andy is LIVID. He starts acting irrational as if his own Chiefs had just lost. He starts yelling at me because of what he perceives to be me conspiring to root against any team that he roots for. He stomps his way upstairs and me and Kevin are just left looking at each other in disbelief and laughing about his tantrum. Eventually i get him to calm down and tell him its nothing personal, its just that he tends to pick teams i really have no interest in or dont like at all (Seahawks).

But its just funny because i do like coming to this board and just letting it all hang out. It gives me an outlet to talk football and give varying opinions even if it riles people up on here. But i think Andy could use an outlet like that because the way he acted was just silly and immature or assholish you might say. lmao

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
02-11-2015, 04:00 PM
Andy is a Chiefs fan, no? Isn't that fitting. :laugh:

Valar Morghulis
02-11-2015, 04:44 PM
Broncos Forums = Catharsis

TXBRONC
02-11-2015, 11:45 PM

I agree with BTB questioning Manning's playoff struggles or if his 39 old hold up for entire season is bitching for the sake of bitching. Those are legitimate concerns.

MOtorboat
02-12-2015, 12:17 AM

I'm just the ******* who pointed it out.

Ravage!!!
02-12-2015, 11:38 AM
To say that you can't bitch, moan, groan, complain or question Manning's play is purely saying that great players never fail, or begin to show signs of age declining their abilities. It happens to EVERYONE, and no one should be "shielded" from criticisms purely because of their past history.

Manning has EVERYONE's respect for what he's done on the football field over the course of his career, but we aren't talking about the course of his career....we are talking NOW. It makes sense to question his ABILITY to continue to play at a level that would benefit the team and have the ABILITY (physically) to take us over the hump. Can Manning keep us competitive? Of course. We have a damned good team of players, and Manning's mind alone is a boon to anyone.

But can he take us to the next level, or will his salary keep us just one more year AWAY from the point of moving forward without him? These are legitimate concerns and questions that can't simply be "ignored" or "brushed off" because we are talking about a HoF QB.

TXBRONC
02-12-2015, 12:17 PM
To say that you can't bitch, moan, groan, complain or question Manning's play is purely saying that great players never fail, or begin to show signs of age declining their abilities. It happens to EVERYONE, and no one should be "shielded" from criticisms purely because of their past history.

Manning has EVERYONE's respect for what he's done on the football field over the course of his career, but we aren't talking about the course of his career....we are talking NOW. It makes sense to question his ABILITY to continue to play at a level that would benefit the team and have the ABILITY (physically) to take us over the hump. Can Manning keep us competitive? Of course. We have a damned good team of players, and Manning's mind alone is a boon to anyone.

But can he take us to the next level, or will his salary keep us just one more year AWAY from the point of moving forward without him? These are legitimate concerns and questions that can't simply be "ignored" or "brushed off" because we are talking about a HoF QB.

Agreed, saying that you're concerned about whether or not Manning can stay healthy and being critical of how he played down the stretch of last season and his playoff record doesn't necessarily mean his accomplishments are respected or appreciated.

tomjonesrocks
02-12-2015, 01:43 PM

He could have stayed an extra year in college and possibly been a higher pick and gotten a quicker start.

Cry me a river over Oz. Sheesh.

Northman
02-12-2015, 02:05 PM
For what its worth, i dont think Oz is actually crying about any of this. I think some people are just speaking on his behalf so i wouldnt throw him under the bus as i havent read anything that has quoted Oz saying he is dissatisfied with the current setup

GEM
02-12-2015, 06:27 PM
Tad off topic but the "a-hole in the real world" reminded me of what happened on SB Sunday.

I was at my wife's friends house, and her friend and family are Ravens fans but every SB Sunday we go there to eat and watch the game. Also, my wife's friends husband has a daughter who happens to be married to a Chiefs fan. So on SB Sunday we are watching the game and clearly im rooting for the Pats, Kevin the husband is sort of rooting for the Pats but is mostly indifferent, just likes a good football game. And of course Andy, the brother-in-law is rooting for the Hawks. Now, not really by design but he and i tend to root for the opposing teams come SB Sunday. Obviously last year he loved that we got smashed so he reveled in it all night. Well, i came upstairs after halftime this year to eat some grub and drink some more beers since Katy Perry wasnt showing anything meaningful at halftime. I was up there for a while and kept checking my phone with the score and saw that the Hawks were up by 10 with about 4 minutes to go in the third.

Im like, ok the Hawks probably have this game and i can hear Andy celebrating downstairs everytime they stop the Pats, etc.

Well, i check my phone again and see that the Pats have closed it to 24-21 and now have the ball with 6 minutes left. SO im like "wow, we got a game again" so i mosy on back downstairs and began watching the rest of the game. So as you know NE scores to go up 28-24 but there is still a minute left and by this time i know thats too much time. And when Wilson begins to connect on long passes im like "wow, this team just has no quit in them which is impressive". Now Andy is quiet at the moment but i can see him rearing up to start pointing at me if the Hawks score so when the INT happens its actually me and Kevin who are celebrating. I really dont say anything to Andy as im too busy making sure that the Pats dont get a safety because they are so deep in their own end.

But after the game is over Andy is LIVID. He starts acting irrational as if his own Chiefs had just lost. He starts yelling at me because of what he perceives to be me conspiring to root against any team that he roots for. He stomps his way upstairs and me and Kevin are just left looking at each other in disbelief and laughing about his tantrum. Eventually i get him to calm down and tell him its nothing personal, its just that he tends to pick teams i really have no interest in or dont like at all (Seahawks).

But its just funny because i do like coming to this board and just letting it all hang out. It gives me an outlet to talk football and give varying opinions even if it riles people up on here. But i think Andy could use an outlet like that because the way he acted was just silly and immature or assholish you might say. lmao

Send him to Chiefs Planet. :D