PDA

View Full Version : Broncos hire Brian Pariani as tight ends coach

Denver Native (Carol)
01-28-2015, 08:27 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo.— The Denver Broncos hired Brian Pariani as their tight ends coach, it was announced on Wednesday.

Pariani owns 24 years of coaching experience in the NFL ranks, including 19 seasons as a tight ends coach. He previously held that position with Denver from 1995-2004.

AND

Prior to spending the 2005 season as offensive coordinator at Syracuse University, Pariani coached Denver’s tight ends for 10 seasons (1995-2004) and was a member of Denver’s 1997 and ’98 Super Bowl Championship teams. Under Pariani’s instruction, Pro Football Hall of Fame tight end Shannon Sharpe was named to three consecutive All-Pro teams (1996-98) by the Associated Press and tight end Dwayne Carswell earned a Pro Bowl invitation (2001).

full article - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-hire-Brian-Pariani-as-tight-ends-coach/de6d86a0-06ac-42d2-86b3-079747b69fa5

Ravage!!!
01-29-2015, 11:46 AM
Hope someone in the FO realizes that these coaches are all out-dated and don't know today's "modern" football.

Joel
01-29-2015, 02:49 PM
Hope someone in the FO realizes that these coaches are all out-dated and don't know today's "modern" football.
Those fuddy-duddies have been hopelessly lost ever since the switch to laser uprights and self-aware footballs. Mind, spikes are far less entertaining now that the balls scream. :shocked:

On a more serious note, I wonder if this is good or bad new for Orange Julius (or if his agents demands will become reasonable enough this is even relevant to him.)

Lancane
01-29-2015, 03:07 PM
Funny thing is that people are actually surprised by some of the hires when I've been stating continuously that John Elway would likely hire candidates with ties to the Broncos. But so many were going on "No Way", in the end I was right. People forget that John learned everything he knows under Bowlen and three regimes which did the same; Reeves was known for hiring people he had ties to, Phillips did as well as did Shanahan. The Broncos are more family and friend orientated then anyone realizes, how many brothers, fathers and sons have worked for the Broncos? Our quarterback of the future is close friends with Elway's son and was coached by one of Elway's own mentors and a family friends, who nearly was the Head Coach before Shanahan agreed to take the job. Dennison was the favorite to be the head coach the last time, but Fox got the job...but there was a tie there as well, Jim Fassel was old friends with Fox from their days in New York together and we all know how close Fassel is to Elway.

Despite that, I believe Denver did well at most positions give the Defensive Back Coach who I believe was brought likely because of Phillips, because he has no clear tie to the organization.

Bronco9798
01-29-2015, 03:18 PM
Funny thing is that people are actually surprised by some of the hires when I've been stating continuously that John Elway would likely hire candidates with ties to the Broncos. But so many were going on "No Way", in the end I was right. People forget that John learned everything he knows under Bowlen and three regimes which did the same; Reeves was known for hiring people he had ties to, Phillips did as well as did Shanahan. The Broncos are more family and friend orientated then anyone realizes, how many brothers, fathers and sons have worked for the Broncos? Our quarterback of the future is close friends with Elway's son and was coached by one of Elway's own mentors and a family friends, who nearly was the Head Coach before Shanahan agreed to take the job. Dennison was the favorite to be the head coach the last time, but Fox got the job...but there was a tie there as well, Jim Fassel was old friends with Fox from their days in New York together and we all know how close Fassel is to Elway.

Despite that, I believe Denver did well at most positions give the Defensive Back Coach who I believe was brought likely because of Phillips, because he has no clear tie to the organization.

I personally like all the hires. I agree with you. But did you have to throw in, "In the end I was right". Be a little modest.

Lancane
01-29-2015, 03:36 PM
I personally like all the hires. I agree with you. But did you have to throw in, "In the end I was right". Be a little modest.

I was not stating it as a slap in the face at anyone, in fact the people who disagreed and I get along real well. They just hoped for some diversity based on accolades more then past ties. But anytime I brought up that it was unlikely to go that way I was told "Elway is smarter then that" and "No way, Elway will do this or that". It has nothing to do with being modest, I am not going "I told you all, see I am right" - I simply said I was right...which seems to rub you the wrong way. And what is up with the pissing match you want to start with me? And if that is the case, take it to messenger and off the boards, it does a disservice to the posters trying to have mature conversations.

Bronco9798
01-29-2015, 03:39 PM
I was not stating it as a slap in the face at anyone, in fact the people who disagreed and I get along real well. They just hoped for some diversity based on accolades more then past ties. But anytime I brought up that it was unlikely to go that way I was told "Elway is smarter then that" and "No way, Elway will do this or that". It has nothing to do with being modest, I am not going "I told you all, see I am right" - I simply said I was right...which seems to rub you the wrong way. And what is up with the pissing match you want to start with me? And if that is the case, take it to messenger and off the boards, it does a disservice to the posters trying to have mature conversations.

Just messin with you man. I really expected you to come back with something funny. I guess not. I'm just not as mature as you. Sometimes a little humor goes a long way. Not today.

Lancane
01-29-2015, 03:43 PM
Just messin with you man. I really expected you to come back with something funny. I guess not. I'm just not as mature as you. Sometimes a little humor goes a long way. Not today.

No that is okay, my bad then...I thought you were seriously trying to rile me. So that is on me, not you. One thing I hate about texting, the net and everything that is similar to that is you can not get a feel at times if something is meant as a joke or dead seriousness. And here I almost typed 'Neener, Neener'...lol.

Bronco9798
01-29-2015, 03:44 PM
No that is okay, my bad then...I thought you were seriously trying to rile me. So that is on me, not you. One thing I hate about texting, the net and everything that is similar to that is you can not get a feel at times if something is meant as a joke or dead seriousness. And here I almost typed 'Neener, Neener'...lol.

I got you man. I like discussion and agree with you quite often actually. I was just funning. I thought he picture would tip it off. I agree with you on misunderstandings! All good!