PDA

View Full Version : Chris Kuper

Spiritguy
01-28-2015, 06:52 PM
I know Chris isn't a bronco anymore but didn't see a better place to put this. Kupes dad stopped by the OM (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=118175) This is a few snippets about Chris and his health from that thread. Thought some of you would like an update on him.

He's doing well, going to be a dad again which makes us happy. He is trying to decide what he's going to do when he grows up. I think he's weighing in at 275 which takes the heat off of that ankle. How are you doing?

Originally Posted by baja: What does Chris think about our last seasons O line play and line coaching?
You know, I would never ask him that question. He is still a Bronco and most of those guys are his friends. He loves Coach Fox and Mags and Coach Gase as well as his teammates. Keep your eyes open, you may see him on a sideline near you!
I've been lurking and reading. Chris misses all of the locker room fun but his ankle is pretty much destroyed. He lost some weight and that helps but that infection did a lot of damage.

Joel
01-28-2015, 07:19 PM
Such a shame his career ended as it did, especially with the infection after surgery and the plate tearing loose at the end of the next season. I understand why he doesn't want to bash friends and former teammates/coaches, but it said all that needed to be said about Ramirez when we sent Kuper BACK out there to start the last month of 2012 (and the playoff game) with a shredded piece of metal where his ankle used to be. Just imagine if Hillman has the blocking to get another first down on our last three regulation plays: No Hail Mary, no DOT, no Ravens SB, no second Ring for Stabby Lewis.

Glad to hear Kuper's doing well now, thanks, and hopes and prayers his ankle doesn't cause serious long term problems, but it really was a heartbreaker, and not just because it may have cost us a title.

Simple Jaded
01-28-2015, 10:17 PM
Assistant OL coach.

dogfish
01-28-2015, 11:24 PM
cool, thanks. . . one of my favorite broncos from the recent era, he always seems like a legit good dude-- i hope things go well post-football for him. . . that was one of the nastiest accidents i've ever seen. . .

LTC Pain
01-29-2015, 11:12 AM
Wonder if Kris had a MRSA infection in the ankle? That crap is wicked on your health and hard to get rid of. I had to take heavy duty antibiotics to clear it out of a knee after an arthroscopy.

TXBRONC
01-29-2015, 12:51 PM
It's to bad his career ended the way it did. He was a excellent player that was versatile and he had a down right nasty streak on the field.

Lancane
01-29-2015, 01:30 PM
Assistant OL coach.

Exactly what I was thinking, make him and offensive assistant (groom him a year or two) then make him assistant offensive line coach till he has it down pat.

Simple Jaded
01-29-2015, 06:20 PM
Exactly what I was thinking, make him and offensive assistant (groom him a year or two) then make him assistant offensive line coach till he has it down pat.

Yep, experience in the ZBS and more traditional power running game, in Tebow's abomination and Manning's opposite exteme. From everything I've read/heard he's a leader too.

dogfish
01-29-2015, 10:08 PM
Yep, experience in the ZBS and more traditional power running game, in Tebow's abomination and Manning's opposite exteme. From everything I've read/heard he's a leader too.

he also made the o-line calls on one or two occasions when we were breaking in inexperienced centers, so you know he understands that aspect of the game well. . . plus he has that unflappable demeanor. . . i absolutely think he has the tools to make a good coach. . .

Rick
01-29-2015, 10:23 PM
I know Chris isn't a bronco anymore

Chris will always be a Bronco.