PDA

View Full Version : Patriots' Josh McDaniels admits to mistakes when Broncos coach

Denver Native (Carol)
01-27-2015, 06:05 PM
PHOENIX — If Josh McDaniels had it to do over again in Denver, he might have heard out what his coordinators Mike McCoy, Mike Nolan or Don Martindale had to say about game planning.

He might have allowed general manager Brian Xanders or scouting director Matt Russell to have more input on the roster.

"I made a lot of mistakes there, you know that," McDaniels said Tuesday during Super Bowl XLIX Media Day at the US Airways Center. "But I think it was a great learning experience for myself and hopefully I've grown from that and will continue to grow from that."

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_27405001/patriots-josh-mcdaniels-admits-mistakes-when-broncos-coach

MileHighCrew
01-27-2015, 06:07 PM
great, he learned life lessons while ******* up my team. **** you josh

GEM
01-27-2015, 06:10 PM
Right!

I'm so glad you learned your lessons by screwing up my team....oh wait...Billy boy sent you here for that exact purpose....

Denver Native (Carol)
01-27-2015, 06:25 PM
Right!

I'm so glad you learned your lessons by screwing up my team....oh wait...Billy boy sent you here for that exact purpose....

For all we know, he was receiving double salary - one from the Broncos, and one from "hoodie's" team - LOL

EastCoastBronco
01-27-2015, 06:27 PM
He never fit in here.
He fits in perfectly in New England.
Read into that what you want...

MOtorboat
01-27-2015, 06:36 PM
Thank you for trading Jay Cutler. I love you.

chazoe60
01-27-2015, 06:36 PM
Who? I knew of a Josh McDaniels but he died years ago.

Ravage!!!
01-27-2015, 06:45 PM
"I made a lot of mistakes there, you know that,"............. FRAK YEAH we know that, you a-hole!

Northman
01-27-2015, 06:50 PM
Yes, he went back to NE to cheat some more.

spikerman
01-27-2015, 07:08 PM
I would like to add on to Mo's statement: Thank you for my season tickets, now don't ever come back.

OB
01-27-2015, 07:26 PM
great, he learned life lessons while ******* up my team. **** you josh

My thoughts exactly!!! ******* douche bag, he was

Right!

I still think that and nothing will ever change my mind about it no matter how irrational it may seem

I would like to add on to Mo's statement: Thank you for my season tickets, now don't ever come back.

?

spikerman
01-27-2015, 07:28 PM
?

After his tenure so many people turned in their season tickets I only had to be on the list for about half the normal time.

OB
01-27-2015, 07:30 PM
Awesome. Silver lining and all that :)

TXBRONC
01-27-2015, 07:42 PM
I'm glad he learned something now piss off.

WJK
01-27-2015, 08:29 PM
Anyone who has read Nate Jackson's book knows how colossal of a tool McDaniels was when he first took over. I sincerely hope he runs the Patriots into the ground after Belichick goes.

Davii
01-27-2015, 08:33 PM
Anyone who has read Nate Jackson's book knows how colossal of a tool McDaniels was when he first took over. I sincerely hope he runs the Patriots into the ground after Belichick goes.

He'll be a head coach somewhere else before BB retires

WJK
01-27-2015, 09:28 PM
There will always be better options than Josh McDaniels. It doesn't seem like anyone was too interested this or last year.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-27-2015, 09:41 PM
There will always be better options than Josh McDaniels. It doesn't seem like anyone was too interested this or last year.

from same DP article

McDaniels has had some head coaching interviews the past two years, but so far he has withdrawn from consideration to concentrate on the Patriots' postseason runs.

BroncoWave
01-27-2015, 09:54 PM
Thank you for trading Jay Cutler. I love you.

I heart Josh McDaniels.

Jsteve01
01-27-2015, 10:30 PM
I'm a glass half full kind of guy. We had to endure a season and a half of Josh to get the Duke, Von and Manning. Well worth it for my money. If he doesn't royally eff that gig up I can't see how we have any of those three in the building

BroncoWave
01-27-2015, 10:56 PM
I'm a glass half full kind of guy. We had to endure a season and a half of Josh to get the Duke, Von and Manning. Well worth it for my money. If he doesn't royally eff that gig up I can't see how we have any of those three in the building

I still think we'd have Elway. Bowlen was grooming him (with the Crush) to take over the Broncos way before McDaniels came to town.

tomjonesrocks
01-27-2015, 11:01 PM
If he ever gets an HC job it will be a low end franchise in the cellar.

Granted that's where most opportunities are, but honestly think we will wind up being the only team that make that mistake.

Just nothing about that guy says leader.

Joel
01-27-2015, 11:27 PM
McDaniels has had some head coaching interviews the past two years, but so far he has withdrawn from consideration to concentrate on the Patriots' postseason runs.
Interviews, but how many offers? Does anyone really believe he'd turn down a head coaching job just to remain Belicheats sidekick? Or is he just being incredibly dishonest yet again?

Maybe those interviews were legit opportunities rather than shams by teams who didn't want the guy they'd already picked naming his price because they obviously had no other choices, but, whatever his resume (which is uniformly awful everywhere but NE) I have to think anyone who spends >5 minutes talking to that abrasive, conceited, lying, cheating prima donna wants nothing to do with him. If only because the first thing they ask for is an explanation of Spygate and Spygate II, and he still can't come up with any excuse except a weasels.

If he ever gets an HC job it will be a low end franchise in the cellar.

Granted that's where most opportunities are, but honestly think we will wind up being the only team that make that mistake.

Just nothing about that guy says leader.
Everything I've ever heard about him says frag.

tomjonesrocks
01-27-2015, 11:29 PM
Interviews, but how many offers? Does anyone really believe he'd turn down a head coaching job just to remain Belicheats sidekick? Or is he just being incredibly dishonest yet again? Maybe those interviews were legit opportunities rather than shams by teams who didn't want the guy they'd already picked naming his price because they obviously had no other choices, but, whatever his resume (which is uniformly awful everywhere but NE) I have to think anyone who spends >5 minutes talking to that abrasive, conceited, lying, cheating prima donna wants nothing to do with him. If only because the first thing they ask for is an explanation of Spygate and Spygate II, and he still can't come up with any answer except a weasels.

It was widely reported he lobbied embarrassingly for the Browns job he didn't get. If you can't land the Browns...

Northman
01-28-2015, 06:36 AM
It was widely reported he lobbied embarrassingly for the Browns job he didn't get. If you can't land the Browns...

lmao

Bronco9798
01-28-2015, 09:14 AM
He traded Jay Cutler. I still like him for that move.

TXBRONC
01-28-2015, 09:29 AM
He traded Jay Cutler. I still like him for that move.

The same coach brought us Kyle "I'm playing the best football of my life" Orton.

Northman
01-28-2015, 10:34 AM
The same coach brought us Kyle "I'm playing the best football of my life" Orton.

Championship...... lmao

Bronco9798
01-28-2015, 10:41 AM

And what was Cutler going to do? So, yeah, tit for tat. It was a total mess any way he went.

TXBRONC
01-28-2015, 11:07 AM
And what was Cutler going to do? So, yeah, tit for tat. It was a total mess any way he went.

We don't what would have happened if Cutler had remained.

Ravage!!!
01-28-2015, 11:11 AM

I bet BB retires when Brady retires (he should to protect his legacy)... and McDoosh is holding on in hopes of being the next in line to coach the Patriots.

7DnBrnc53
01-28-2015, 11:20 AM
I still think we'd have Elway. Bowlen was grooming him (with the Crush) to take over the Broncos way before McDaniels came to town.

Elway wasn't ready to take over in 2009? Even if he wouldn't have been great, what he would have done wouldn't have been nearly as bad as McDaniels.

Bronco9798
01-28-2015, 11:23 AM

Oh come on man. You can't change who he was then and what he is now. That's just bull. We all know what he was. He was a ******* pouter and moody little bitch when he was here. He is what is he and what he always will be. That's just ridiculous.

Northman
01-28-2015, 11:30 AM

Yea, Jay is Jay but he is clearly far better than Orton.

BroncoWave
01-28-2015, 11:44 AM
Yea, Jay is Jay but he is clearly far better than Orton.

But the trade wasn't Cutler for Orton straight up. We also got multiple premium draft picks back in the deal. It wasn't a bad trade at all, especially seeing how Cutler's career has turned out.

TXBRONC
01-28-2015, 12:04 PM
But the trade wasn't Cutler for Orton straight up. We also got multiple premium draft picks back in the deal. It wasn't a bad trade at all, especially seeing how Cutler's career has turned out.

That is irrelevant because screwed pooch on the vast majority of those picks.

BroncoWave
01-28-2015, 12:11 PM
That is irrelevant because screwed pooch on the vast majority of those picks.

At the time he made the trade, it was good value.

TXBRONC
01-28-2015, 12:13 PM

Not if they're wasted.

Lancane
01-28-2015, 12:16 PM
Oh come on man. You can't change who he was then and what he is now. That's just bull. We all know what he was. He was a ******* pouter and moody little bitch when he was here. He is what is he and what he always will be. That's just ridiculous.

That is actually a load of bull****, especially since I have met the man and talked to him on several occasions. Jay has an explosive personality, he's funny with a real rye sense of humor and he loves to make people smile. Whinny or Bitchy? I think not. He wanted to stay in Denver, it was McDaniels who created the whole situation because he wanted Matt Cassel, he and Xanders pulled a coupe d'état getting the personnel responsible for some of the Broncos best players being drafted including Cutler fired and putting Xanders (his yes man) in place, who would allow him to do what he liked. It was reported by some well respected journalists that had witnesses that McDaniels himself is the one who was making calls to move Cutler, we also know that Bowlen started showing major signs of his disease around that time, and Ellis thinking it in the best interest of the club made a horrible choice by allowing McDaniels to pull it off. I'd have been pissed off as well, actually McDaniels probably would have gotten his ass kicked if it would have been any one with far less control. The only bitchy and whinny quarterbacks that I can think of are Jake Plummer, Kyle Orton and Brian Griese that come to mind. Cutler is up there with Tim Tebow and Peyton Manning in class.

And as for his play? You try having a new coordinator and coach every other season. How was it that he was so good here and so bad in Chicago? I love how the fans like to turn on players and make up **** to back up their dislike of them without any proof. Cutler is a baby, Cutler is this. Jake Plummer threatened a journalist, flipped fans off and was crude to even his own fans (he's always been an ***hole) but Cutler is a pouter and moody bitch...yeah, okay.

Ravage!!!
01-28-2015, 12:19 PM
Not if they're wasted.

Yeah.. traded Marshal, used first round pick on WR. Traded Cutler, used first round pick on a QB. Seems we went lateral other than the fact that we used the picks on guys like Tebow.

Bronco9798
01-28-2015, 12:26 PM
That is actually a load of bull****, especially since I have met the man and talked to him on several occasions. Jay has an explosive personality, he's funny with a real rye sense of humor and he loves to make people smile. Whinny or Bitchy? I think not. He wanted to stay in Denver, it was McDaniels who created the whole situation because he wanted Matt Cassel, he and Xanders pulled a coupe d'état getting the personnel responsible for some of the Broncos best players being drafted including Cutler fired and putting Xanders (his yes man) in place, who would allow him to do what he liked. It was reported by some well respected journalists that had witnesses that McDaniels himself is the one who was making calls to move Cutler, we also know that Bowlen started showing major signs of his disease around that time, and Ellis thinking it in the best interest of the club made a horrible choice by allowing McDaniels to pull it off. I'd have been pissed off as well, actually McDaniels probably would have gotten his ass kicked if it would have been any one with far less control. The only bitchy and whinny quarterbacks that I can think of are Jake Plummer, Kyle Orton and Brian Griese that come to mind. Cutler is up there with Tim Tebow and Peyton Manning in class.

And as for his play? You try having a new coordinator and coach every other season. How was it that he was so good here and so bad in Chicago? I love how the fans like to turn on players and make up **** to back up their dislike of them without any proof. Cutler is a baby, Cutler is this. Jake Plummer threatened a journalist, flipped fans off and was crude to even his own fans (he's always been an ***hole) but Cutler is a pouter and moody bitch...yeah, okay.

Sorry but all you Cutler fans were and are still delusional about him. Cutler sucks; Get over it.

Lancane
01-28-2015, 12:35 PM
Sorry but all you Cutler fans were and are still delusional about him. Cutler sucks; Get over it.

It's not delusional whatsoever, you run at the mouth about something you are clueless about like it's a fact, can not back up your own crap and simply fall into rehashed rhetoric like that last little bit of your statement. How about this, come with actual facts or personal knowledge you have yourself and not from sitting in front of a television or in the stands, that makes you about as knowledgeable as a preschooler is about physics, or maybe then you should be the one to follow your own advice and get over it.

Bronco9798
01-28-2015, 12:38 PM
It's not delusional whatsoever, you run at the mouth about something you are clueless about like it's a fact, can not back up your own crap and simply fall into rehashed rhetoric like that last little bit of your statement. How about this, come with actual facts or personal knowledge you have yourself and not from sitting in front of a television or in the stands, that makes you about as knowledgeable as a preschooler is about physics, or maybe then you should be the one to follow your own advice and get over it.

Dude. please tell me how great Cutler is. Go ahead and tell me again. I'm here to listen to you. Throw me out something that makes him a great QB. Go ahead. Yeah I will run at the mouth about him too. You know why? Cause he ******* sucks. Period. Pull your panties up and get over it.

Lancane
01-28-2015, 12:56 PM
Dude. please tell me how great Cutler is. Go ahead and tell me again. I'm here to listen to you. Throw me out something that makes him a great QB. Go ahead. Yeah I will run at the mouth about him too. You know why? Cause he ******* sucks. Period. Pull your panties up and get over it.

Who said he was great? I said that you do not know the situation, that you do not account for certain factors nor do you have any insight past your own self-deluded hatred which shows just how little you contribute to any discussion regarding this topic. You called him a pouter and a moody bitch? Yeah, that is talking about his greatness or lack thereof right? Where did you bring up any statistical argument of his ability as a quarterback or prowess as a leader on the field? Actually the only thing you are doing is making yourself look truly irrational about the matter. Is he a great quarterback? No... Nor did I ever say he was, but he is a good quarterback that has suffered the pangs of being in an organization that has continuously changed coaches that are directly involved with the offense's success or failure, that does take a toll on any quarterback.

As for the rest of your post, well - I don't wear panties but obviously you do...I prefer panties on my women, they would be a little confused if I started wearing them.

Bronco9798
01-28-2015, 01:07 PM
Who said he was great? I said that you do not know the situation, that you do not account for certain factors nor do you have any insight past your own self-deluded hatred which shows just how little you contribute to any discussion regarding this topic. You called him a pouter and a moody bitch? Yeah, that is talking about his greatness or lack thereof right? Where did you bring up any statistical argument of his ability as a quarterback or prowess as a leader on the field? Actually the only thing you are doing is making yourself look truly irrational about the matter. Is he a great quarterback? No... Nor did I ever say he was, but he is a good quarterback that has suffered the pangs of being in an organization that has continuously changed coaches that are directly involved with the offense's success or failure, that does take a toll on any quarterback.

As for the rest of your post, well - I don't wear panties but obviously you do...I prefer panties on my women, they would be a little confused if I started wearing them.

Dude my Wife is a Cutler fan to this day as she was when he was with the Broncos. We have Sunday ticket. We have multiple TV's with two in the living room. We watch the Broncos and the Bears. I have watched Cutler from day 1. I'm retired. I don't miss football on Sundays or any other day of the week. You want to know where I get my knowledge and information. I watch the games, I'm an avid reader and I know stats and after 40 years of watching football, I know a little, ok. I watch Cutler more than you would ever know. I see it. I watch it. I live it!!! Understand that. I watch his game, I watch his mechanics, his moodiness, his effort at times. I know what I see. I don't need a ******* stat when I watch him for 16 weeks a season. If he was any good, I would admit it, I'd tell you how good he really was. I can't do that cause what I see isn't greatness, elite, and for some days, not even average. He doesn't progress year to year as he should. He isn't a great team leader. There are a lot of things not good about him. I'm sorry you're such a fan. You just bust your ass telling people about him. I just don't buy it. I see what I see.

Bronco9798
01-28-2015, 01:10 PM
Look at my Wife's office. I even have to look at him every day.

Lancane
01-28-2015, 01:26 PM
Dude my Wife is a Cutler fan to this day as she was when he was with the Broncos. We have Sunday ticket. We have multiple TV's with two in the living room. We watch the Broncos and the Bears. I have watched Cutler from day 1. I'm retired. I don't miss football on Sundays or any other day of the week. You want to know where I get my knowledge and information. I watch the games, I'm an avid reader and I know stats and after 40 years of watching football, I know a little, ok. I watch Cutler more than you would ever know. I see it. I watch it. I live it!!! Understand that. I watch his game, I watch his mechanics, his moodiness, his effort at times. I know what I see. I don't need a ******* stat when I watch him for 16 weeks a season. If he was any good, I would admit it, I'd tell you how good he really was. I can't do that cause what I see isn't greatness, elite, and for some days, not even average. He doesn't progress year to year as he should. He isn't a great team leader. There are a lot of things not good about him. I'm sorry you're such a fan. You just bust your ass telling people about him. I just don't buy it. I see what I see.

Now you are making a fair argument, see you were not doing that before. You called him pouty and a moody bitch - but he is not, he is a real good guy who is sometimes shy but he does go out of his way to make people smile and he always tries to joke, even if it is a real bad joke and that is just the kind of guy he is. As for being a quarterback, he's not elite, he has the physical tools to be, he could have been a great quarterback but sometimes other things effect a situation and can mar the ability, talent and even character of an athlete. He still has his personality, but I do believe that what McDaniels did, did in fact hurt him because he wanted to stay in Denver - but he played it off like it was nothing, but I also believe he begun to doubt himself. Then he went to Chicago (a tough football town) and despite having a good year there were those starting to call him out, they forgot their own history of tough defenses and solid offenses, hell Jim McMahon was their quarterback when they last won a championship and he statistically was a horrid quarterback. The following season he had a great year, but the whole injury thing happened and you had fans calling him a wimp and so on. They were ready to move on. If Denver fans are impatient then Chicago fans downright have A.D.D. So think about that for a minute, that you were traded and lost confidence had begun to get it back (despite having the worst offensive line in football) only to have the fans continuously turn on you, then to top it off every other year you had to learn a new offense (while the personnel staff continued to ignore the offensive line). How good would Manning, Ryan, Stafford, Rodgers or even Brady be in Chicago facing the same crap? I doubt they'd be as good as they are, Manning suffered from our line's issues this year, we'll see how a new offense effects him though I am sure that Kubiak and Dennison will have it to where a lot of what he knows is in the playbook. He could have been more, much more but he probably never will be greater then he has shown in the past, but he is still a great guy.

Cugel
01-28-2015, 01:32 PM

Let's not revisit that nightmare, shall we? I don't want to have to document the horror all over again. You're just flat WRONG. Several teams were pissed off that McMoron didn't let them enter a bidding war for Cutler, they wanted to out-bid Chicago. But, McMoron decided that he wanted Orton, since he couldn't get his dream QB, Matt Cassel. The Broncos could have gotten a LOT more for Cutler than they did. And they didn't need to waste those picks on trading up to get Darcel McBath or trading up to get Tebow.

Cugel
01-28-2015, 01:34 PM
And in further shocking news, Jefferson Davis now admits that "slavery might not actually have been a 'positive good' and Hitler now says that "invading Poland and starting WWII might not have been such a great idea." :coffee:

Bronco9798
01-28-2015, 01:38 PM
Now you are making a fair argument, see you were not doing that before. You called him pouty and a moody bitch - but he is not, he is a real good guy who is sometimes shy but he does go out of his way to make people smile and he always tries to joke, even if it is a real bad joke and that is just the kind of guy he is. As for being a quarterback, he's not elite, he has the physical tools to be, he could have been a great quarterback but sometimes other things effect a situation and can mar the ability, talent and even character of an athlete. He still has his personality, but I do believe that what McDaniels did, did in fact hurt him because he wanted to stay in Denver - but he played it off like it was nothing, but I also believe he begun to doubt himself. Then he went to Chicago (a tough football town) and despite having a good year there were those starting to call him out, they forgot their own history of tough defenses and solid offenses, hell Jim McMahon was their quarterback when they last won a championship and he statistically was a horrid quarterback. The following season he had a great year, but the whole injury thing happened and you had fans calling him a wimp and so on. They were ready to move on. If Denver fans are impatient then Chicago fans downright have A.D.D. So think about that for a minute, that you were traded and lost confidence had begun to get it back (despite having the worst offensive line in football) only to have the fans continuously turn on you, then to top it off every other year you had to learn a new offense (while the personnel staff continued to ignore the offensive line). How good would Manning, Ryan, Stafford, Rodgers or even Brady be in Chicago facing the same crap? I doubt they'd be as good as they are, Manning suffered from our line's issues this year, we'll see how a new offense effects him though I am sure that Kubiak and Dennison will have it to where a lot of what he knows is in the playbook. He could have been more, much more but he probably never will be greater then he has shown in the past, but he is still a great guy.

Elite QB's rise above those situations you are talking about and hush people up. As a QB you can't just can't have his mannerisms on the field, and when he walks off. I see Peyton and other QB's go to the bench and grab pictures, talk to the coordinators, they stay involved. Cutler usually finds a seat by himself somewhere and mopes. I watch a lot of Jay Cutler. I even get mad watching him and tell my wife, "how can you like this guy". She always says, "I know". Me personally, I have seen nothing for what, 7 years now. The mannerisms don't change, the attitude don't change, etc., He may be a nice guy off the field but that don't count for 60 minutes on game day. I'll be the first to say, wow, Cutler has turned the corner. You know why? Cause I'll be watching with my wife and she'll be letting me know as well. I think he is more likely a coach killer than a coach helper. I hope he changes for your sake, and of course, my wife. My wife is still a die-hard Bronco fan, she just has one of those girly crushes on Cutler, for whatever reason. That's my take!!!

BroncoWave
01-28-2015, 01:38 PM
You know, I think a lot of the venom directed at McDaniels is misplaced. While McD might have been immature, arrogant, etc, it's not his fault he got hired here. Why do Bowlen/Ellis/whomever made the decision to hire him ever get any of this scorn? They knew the history of Pats coordinators at the time. They knew he was young and inexperienced. They knew he had never been in charge of assembling talent before. It seems like McD gets all the hated for that era, but where is the criticism of the guys who actually run the Broncos and should have known better than making the hire and giving him that much power in the first place?

Cugel
01-28-2015, 01:39 PM
As for Cutler, we'll never know what would have happened had Pat Bowlen decided to keep Mike Shanahan, who would have kept Cutler. But, after 10 years of defending Cutler to mocking friends who said "the George is strong with this one!" I have to admit it. Jay Cutler = Jeff George.

This is his 10th season and at some point you are what you are. He's not going to change. He's Jeff George II, a guy with limitless potential and great athleticism who just never matured and became a real leader or mentally got it together.

Cugel
01-28-2015, 01:44 PM
You know, I think a lot of the venom directed at McDaniels is misplaced. While McD might have been immature, arrogant, etc, it's not his fault he got hired here. Why do Bowlen/Ellis/whomever made the decision to hire him ever get any of this scorn? They knew the history of Pats coordinators at the time. They knew he was young and inexperienced. They knew he had never been in charge of assembling talent before. It seems like McD gets all the hated for that era, but where is the criticism of the guys who actually run the Broncos and should have known better than making the hire and giving him that much power in the first place?

It's not misplaced. He truly is Satan, and here's the proof!

After all, a picture is worth a 1000 words!

TXBRONC
01-28-2015, 01:47 PM

I'm a Denver Broncos fan period. Unlike some I think McDaniels trading Cutler was idiotic move on his part. He didn't improve the team by trading him that is fact. Delusional would be me thinking he's coming back which I don't so there is for me to have to get over my friend. The bottom line for me McDaniels was bad for this team and embarrassment. We disagree about certain aspects but we can still be friends.

Btw I saw the picture of you and your wife. You married well above your station. :D

Rick
01-28-2015, 01:50 PM
Btw I saw the picture of you and your wife. You married well above your station. :D

Most of us guys do.

Bronco9798
01-28-2015, 01:51 PM
I'm a Denver Broncos fan period. Unlike some I think McDaniels trading Cutler was idiotic move on his part. He didn't improve the team by trading him that is fact. Delusional would be me thinking he's coming back which I don't so there is for me to have to get over my friend. The bottom line for me McDaniels was bad for this team and embarrassment. We disagree about certain aspects but we can still be friends.

I hear you man!! She's a good girl. I compete with Cutler for attention, as you can see.

Joel
01-28-2015, 02:24 PM
For me, it's ironic: McDumbass lost me immediately and permanently by shoving Cutler out the door, lying to his face about it and spending a 1st round pick on the latest overhyped SECAA dual "threat" du jour, so full of himself he'd already starred in a SB political ad before even DRAFTED. After that, I was just waiting for McDumbass to get himself fired, hoping it was fast enough to mitigate his decimation of the team.

Northman
01-28-2015, 02:38 PM

Well, except that we got much worse as a team. :lol:

Joel
01-28-2015, 02:38 PM
As for Cutler, we can never know what might've been if he'd continued to have good QB coaches to develop him while he was young: Instead, he got a new HC who shopped him behind his back and lied to his face when privately asked about it, so he understandably DEMANDED a trade when he saw the confirmation in his morning Denver Post. That got him a ticket to Chicago, and the closest their stellar defensive coaches ever got to a decent offense was getting beaten by a great one in SB XLI. The team that gave the world Grossman and Orton wasn't going to build a young Jay Culter into a HoFer and champion.

Granted, what Cutler would be had he stayed in Denver, especially with Shanny, is another of those unverifiable hypoteticals that can never be proven (and thus answered) either way, so it can only dredge up the same old arguments that remain as bitter and insoluble as ever. What IS known and proven is that kicking virtually our whole starting offense off the team for McDumbass' hand-picked "upgrades" turned a team 3 years removed from hosting the AFCCG into the leagues second worst team (even when CHEATING)—in just 1½ more years! Guy's a freakin' disaster, and an ass about it to boot.

Bronco9798
01-28-2015, 02:40 PM
For me, it's ironic: McDumbass lost me immediately and permanently by shoving Cutler out the door, lying to his face about it and spending a 1st round pick on the latest overhyped SECAA dual "threat" du jour, so full of himself he'd already starred in a SB political ad before even DRAFTED. After that, I was just waiting for McDumbass to get himself fired, hoping it was fast enough to mitigate his decimation of the team.

He saved us years of frustration by making that move. Cutler was going to get out of Denver and make the Bears contenders for the Super Bowl. He was going to the team that he grew up watching when he was a kid. He was going to be the best thing since McMahon. He was going to be the face of Chicago. He was going to be...........you get it. McDaniels came to Denver and did us one good thing. One. He traded Jay Cutler. Thank you, Josh. I sure didn't want to watch that wreck for 10 more years.

Lancane
01-28-2015, 02:55 PM

Wave, you're over simplifying it. Bowlen was seriously effected that year from Alzheimer's that season, we all read the reports - but he did not want Cutler traded. Then Ellis took over and pretty much ran the gambit, don't think that he did not receive a lot of ire for his part in the mess. But Ellis had far more control then anyone realized until the reports about Bowlen started coming out at which point Cutler had already been traded. Ellis also allowed Goodman to be fired and Xanders put in his place at the whims of McDaniels...Sorry, but McDaniels was the pied piper in this case and he led the mice astray with Ellis in his place. See Ellis still has a job because Bowlen is his friend, but the hiring of Elway lessened the power that Ellis had, he knows it and we know it. Nothing we can do now, but in my humblest opinion had McDaniels not come to Denver and received unlimited power, then things would have been different.

BroncoWave
01-28-2015, 02:58 PM
Wave, you're over simplifying it. Bowlen was seriously effected that year from Alzheimer's that season, we all read the reports - but he did not want Cutler traded. Then Ellis took over and pretty much ran the gambit, don't think that he did not receive a lot of ire for his part in the mess. But Ellis had far more control then anyone realized until the reports about Bowlen started coming out at which point Cutler had already been traded. Ellis also allowed Goodman to be fired and Xanders put in his place at the whims of McDaniels...Sorry, but McDaniels was the pied piper in this case and he led the mice astray with Ellis in his place. See Ellis still has a job because Bowlen is his friend, but the hiring of Elway lessened the power that Ellis had, he knows it and we know it. Nothing we can do now, but in my humblest opinion had McDaniels not come to Denver and received unlimited power, then things would have been different.

Ok, so why doesn't Ellis receive any of the scorn that McD gets? IMO, McD was a young guy who was trying to do his best to build a winner, but was given too much responsibility too soon and wasn't ready for the task. If Ellis is the one who enabled all of this, he should be the one villainized, not McDaniels.

Joel
01-28-2015, 03:03 PM
He saved us years of frustration by making that move. Cutler was going to get out of Denver and make the Bears contenders for the Super Bowl. He was going to the team that he grew up watching when he was a kid. He was going to be the best thing since McMahon. He was going to be the face of Chicago. He was going to be...........you get it. McDaniels came to Denver and did us one good thing. One. He traded Jay Cutler. Thank you, Josh. I sure didn't want to watch that wreck for 10 more years.
Okay, let's say—for the sake of argument—that's true: What'd he save us by dumping Marshall? Scheffler? What he get by dumping our best pulling guard since the champions and addind Beadles? Or dumping a former All Pro C from KC in favor of Walton, a guy who lost his job to Ramirez last year and isn't even PLAYING anymore? McDumbass blew a pretty good offense to Hell while virtually ignoring the moribund D that was keeping us out of the playoffs. So even if Cutler was and would always be a bum, McDumbass was still an unmitigated distaster, not least because he only replaced CUTLER with Orton.

Bronco9798
01-28-2015, 03:05 PM

Are you saying Bowlen was suffering from Alzheimer's and didn't really understand what was going on?

BroncoWave
01-28-2015, 03:06 PM
Okay, let's say—for the sake of argument—that's true: What'd he save us by dumping Marshall? Scheffler? What he get by dumping our best pulling guard since the champions and addind Beadles? Or dumping a former All Pro C from KC in favor of Walton, a guy who lost his job to Ramirez last year and isn't even PLAYING anymore? McDumbass blew a pretty good offense to Hell while virtually ignoring the moribund D that was keeping us out of the playoffs. So even if Cutler was and would always be a bum, McDumbass was still an unmitigated distaster, not least because he only replaced CUTLER with Orton.

Well Scheffler flamed out of the league not too long after leaving us, and Marshall was dumped by yet another team before he finally got his act together in Chicago. I don't see the issue with either of those moves. I think people forget that Marshall was basically becoming T.O. 2.0. Great talent, but huge locker room cancer who just wasn't worth the hassle. I think Miami dumping him so quickly after getting him from us is all the justification McD needed in making that move. Now to his credit, he has definitely turned his act around in Chicago. But at that point in time, he just had to go.

Lancane
01-28-2015, 03:10 PM
Ok, so why doesn't Ellis receive any of the scorn that McD gets? IMO, McD was a young guy who was trying to do his best to build a winner, but was given too much responsibility too soon and wasn't ready for the task. If Ellis is the one who enabled all of this, he should be the one villainized, not McDaniels.

Because in the end it was McDaniels who really controlled everything, including Ellis. Xanders and Ellis were puppets, Ellis had so much power that he did not realize the damage he had caused or allowed at first, I think he began to realize it later and likely got a tongue lashing from good ole Pat Bowlen when he was coherent about it. But at that point so much damage had been done I believe that Ellis had no option but to buy in on McDaniels plans, hoping and praying that it was heading somewhere positive.

Lancane
01-28-2015, 03:14 PM
Are you saying Bowlen was suffering from Alzheimer's and didn't really understand what was going on?

Yeah, it was reported in late September of that year that Pat had started having serious issues with what at that time was called memory loss, they did not actually call it Alzheimer's in the papers, just medical issues which caused him memory loss. But the fans are not that stupid, most realized that it was more serious then that and they were right.

Bronco9798
01-28-2015, 03:17 PM
Bowlen released a statement on his own about Cutler not returning calls and even spoke with Cutler. His own agent was even told that Mr Bowlen needed to talk to him. Bowlen was highly involved in this trade from everything I remember.

Bronco9798
01-28-2015, 03:23 PM
Bowlen admitted in May 2009 that he was experiencing short-term memory loss.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4037373

Cutler was traded April of 2009?

I don't see Bowlen being so much at a loss for memory that he wasn't strongly involved in the Cutler trade.

Joel
01-28-2015, 03:35 PM
Well Scheffler flamed out of the league not too long after leaving us, and Marshall was dumped by yet another team before he finally got his act together in Chicago. I don't see the issue with either of those moves. I think people forget that Marshall was basically becoming T.O. 2.0. Great talent, but huge locker room cancer who just wasn't worth the hassle. I think Miami dumping him so quickly after getting him from us is all the justification McD needed in making that move. Now to his credit, he has definitely turned his act around in Chicago. But at that point in time, he just had to go.
Many people have flamed out with the Lions and Dolphins, but the harm of drafting and starting Beadles and Walton was so great it's STILL THERE: It just costs us SBs now instead of playoff berths. Then again, we might've gotten a playoff berth McDumbass' first year if he hadn't benched Marshall AND Scheffler for our final must-win game "to send a message."

Bronco9798
01-28-2015, 03:37 PM
Many people have flamed out with the Lions and Dolphins, but the harm of drafting and starting Beadles and Walton was so great it's STILL THERE: It just costs us SBs now instead of playoff berths. Then again, we might've gotten a playoff berth McDumbass' first year if he hadn't benched Marshall AND Scheffler for our final must-win game "to send a message."

McDaniels didn't cost us any SB's. We can't win one with this team and you think he cost us one back then. Come on, man!!! My goodness.

Lancane
01-28-2015, 03:42 PM
Bowlen released a statement on his own about Cutler not returning calls and even spoke with Cutler. His own agent was even told that Mr Bowlen needed to talk to him. Bowlen was highly involved in this trade from everything I remember.

That is why there is such a big stink, two months before he is dead set against anything without Cutler moving forward. As for reaching out to Cutler, there are some disputes with that because Cutler talked to Bowlen often and then suddenly he would not return his calls? Not to mention that Bowlen forgot meeting with Cutler per ESPN.

Bowlen, however, says he doesn't remember having the conversation with Cutler that Cook references.

"I really have had no discussion with Jay or the agent. Mike was fired right after the season. At that point, there was no need to have a discussion with Jay. Now, actually, to be fair, I don't think I had that discussion. I don't recall it. I know I'm getting up there in age, and I am not sure of that discussion," Bowlen told NFL.com.

If you remember Pat Bowlen said after Shanahan's firing that he reached out to Jay and they talked about moving forward and that he'd have input into who would be the next head coach. So the contradictions were already beginning.

And I've heard various sides of the story, they did talk but what was said is anyone's guess, but according to Bus Cook who I know extremely well, Bowlen forgot certain meetings that he had with Jay over the span that led to trade itself.

Some could say it's he said, she said sort of thing. But Bowlen's state of mind came under scrutiny which was heavily denied till a report came out not much later in which an inside source said that Bowlen had begun to have a number of memory loss issues due to certain health issues.

Joel
01-28-2015, 03:43 PM
McDaniels didn't cost us any SB's. We can't win one with this team and you think he cost us one back then. Come on, man!!! My goodness.
No, I think he cost us one LAST year (and the one before) because his hand-picked C Walton was such a lump RAMIREZ took his job, and Beadles isn't much better, however much the jokers in Jax are overpaying him. Easily the best part of Kubiak and Dennisons return is we'll have a decent line for the first time since McDumbass remade it and the rest of the offense in his own sorry image.

Bronco9798
01-28-2015, 03:46 PM
That is why there is such a big stink, two months before he is dead set against anything without Cutler moving forward. As for reaching out to Cutler, there are some disputes with that because Cutler talked to Bowlen often and then suddenly he would not return his calls? Not to mention that Bowlen forgot meeting with Cutler per ESPN.

If you remember Pat Bowlen said after Shanahan's firing that he reached out to Jay and they talked about moving forward and that he'd have input into who would be the next head coach. So the contradictions were already beginning.

And I've heard various sides of the story, they did talk but what was said is anyone's guess, but according to Bus Cook who I know extremely well, Bowlen forgot certain meetings that he had with Jay over the span that led to trade itself.

Some could say it's he said, she said sort of thing. But Bowlen's state of mind came under scrutiny which was heavily denied till a report came out not much later in which an inside source said that Bowlen had begun to have a number of memory loss issues due to certain health issues.

We just disagree on this. I think Bowlen was highly involved in the Cutler trade.

On Tuesday, Broncos owner Pat Bowlen released a statement saying both he and McDaniels had been unable to get Cutler to call them back during the past 10 days. Cutler also had been staying away from the offseason program.

"The perception that they've been burning the phone lines the last 10 days is wrong," Cook said. "In fact, the other day, I asked Jay if he had heard from them and he said, 'No.' I didn't hear from them until yesterday [Tuesday] morning when [GM] Brian Xanders called me and said that Mr. Bowlen needs to speak with Jay now. I told him all I can do is leave Jay a message.

Lancane
01-28-2015, 03:50 PM
Bowlen admitted in May 2009 that he was experiencing short-term memory loss.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4037373

Cutler was traded April of 2009?

I don't see Bowlen being so much at a loss for memory that he wasn't strongly involved in the Cutler trade.

That is your opinion, which I am not going to be able to deter you from nor try to. But you sort of hate Cutler on a whole different level, for whatever reason that I believe makes you a little blind to anything that lays the blame elsewhere...if you don't mind me saying, it's a little unhealthy bro. Maybe you should by a punching bag with his face inked on it, get that frustration out and you'll feel a whole hell of a lot better! LOL

Ravage!!!
01-28-2015, 03:50 PM
I have an article written by an award winning reporter, (rich eisen I think?)that states that he talked with people in that office that knew Bowlen, did in fact, talk with Jay Cutler during that whole ordeal. I'll find the article, but people here didn't want to believe it when I posted it the first time. They wanted to believe that McDoosh was alllll innocent, and that Jay was doing all the underhanded stuff. It just took us time to realize tht McDick did this with everyone, and Jay was just the first victim of his a-holishness.

*I just clicked the link I had saved, but the link no longer exists. Was posted 8.28.09....http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=4429435

Northman
01-28-2015, 04:02 PM
McDaniels Sucks.

BroncoWave
01-28-2015, 04:11 PM
Because in the end it was McDaniels who really controlled everything, including Ellis. Xanders and Ellis were puppets, Ellis had so much power that he did not realize the damage he had caused or allowed at first, I think he began to realize it later and likely got a tongue lashing from good ole Pat Bowlen when he was coherent about it. But at that point so much damage had been done I believe that Ellis had no option but to buy in on McDaniels plans, hoping and praying that it was heading somewhere positive.

So the entire front office and leadership of our team gets no blame at all, it all falls on the shoulders of McD. That seems mighty convenient.

Lancane
01-28-2015, 04:16 PM
So the entire front office and leadership of our team gets no blame at all, it all falls on the shoulders of McD. That seems mighty convenient.

No Wave, there was a lot of blame placed on the front office, fans wanted Ellis and Xanders fired as well, but the one who held the most power in everything the team did was McDaniels himself, add in not only his snafu with players and personnel, his overall record and then the cheating questions and scandals? He simply was atop the list, don't think for a moment that all of us forgot the part the other two played in this.

Bronco9798
01-28-2015, 05:10 PM
That is your opinion, which I am not going to be able to deter you from nor try to. But you sort of hate Cutler on a whole different level, for whatever reason that I believe makes you a little blind to anything that lays the blame elsewhere...if you don't mind me saying, it's a little unhealthy bro. Maybe you should by a punching bag with his face inked on it, get that frustration out and you'll feel a whole hell of a lot better! LOL

I have plenty in my life. You're just blinded with your love for him as I am in my discontent. But with that said, I don't think either of us dwell on it. It was a piece of discussion for a few moments. However, Pat Bowlen was not completely blindsided by his cronies on the Cutler deal. He wasn't having an alzheimer's moment during all that fiasco.

TXBRONC
01-28-2015, 05:39 PM
I hear you man!! She's a good girl. I compete with Cutler for attention, as you can see.
No wonder you don't like him.

Ravage!!!
01-28-2015, 05:39 PM
I have plenty in my life. You're just blinded with your love for him as I am in my discontent. But with that said, I don't think either of us dwell on it. It was a piece of discussion for a few moments. However, Pat Bowlen was not completely blindsided by his cronies on the Cutler deal. He wasn't having an alzheimer's moment during all that fiasco.

Really? At the time you had a 2nd year first round pick that was pro-bowl player. You think that Bowlen wants to make that trade, or did that trade happen basically behind his back.. .and then he publically supports his coach because he has no other course to take. THe Coach tried to "sneak" a trade in, thinking NO ONE would hear about the attempts until it was all over. Another rookie mistake. I absolutely think Bowlen was blindsided by that trade attempt.

I think when Elway said "You don't trade away a Cutler".... he wasn't just speaking from his own personal thoughts, but thoughts he had with Bowlen.

Bronco9798
01-28-2015, 05:48 PM
Really? At the time you had a 2nd year first round pick that was pro-bowl player. You think that Bowlen wants to make that trade, or did that trade happen basically behind his back.. .and then he publically supports his coach because he has no other course to take. THe Coach tried to "sneak" a trade in, thinking NO ONE would hear about the attempts until it was all over. Another rookie mistake. I absolutely think Bowlen was blindsided by that trade attempt.

I think when Elway said "You don't trade away a Cutler".... he wasn't just speaking from his own personal thoughts, but thoughts he had with Bowlen.

Yeah, really. It's just not that easy to sneak a trade in. Bowlen wasn't laid up in a bed, locked away in a room, and all these decisions being made. He was still in the office during this time and was briefed, released statements, etc., So yeah, I think he signed off on everything that was done and agreed to it.

TXBRONC
01-28-2015, 05:50 PM

Bowlen caught a lot flack for hiring McDaniels once things started going. What exactly are Ellis' suppose to be responsible for? They were fired like three maybe four weeks after McDaniels was hired.

Ravage!!!
01-28-2015, 05:52 PM
Yeah, really. It's just not that easy to sneak a trade in. Bowlen wasn't laid up in a bed, locked away in a room, and all these decisions being made. He was still in the office during this time and was briefed, released statements, etc., So yeah, I think he signed off on everything that was done and agreed to it.

You think he had to be laid up in bed for phone calls to be made behind his back? hah.. ok.

But you are correct, it is not that easy to "sneak" a trade in. Which is why McDick was caught with his pants down when the news broke, and his BEST lie he could come up with was "I just answered the phone." ....all the while looking like a deer caught in headlights.

Bronco9798
01-28-2015, 06:04 PM
You think he had to be laid up in bed for phone calls to be made behind his back? hah.. ok.

But you are correct, it is not that easy to "sneak" a trade in. Which is why McDick was caught with his pants down when the news broke, and his BEST lie he could come up with was "I just answered the phone." ....all the while looking like a deer caught in headlights.

The Broncos were discussing trading for Cassel and then trading Cutler to Tampa Bay. Then Cassel was traded to Kansas City. Cutler got wind of it and got pissed. That's when things starting getting really crazy. I think Bowlen was in on the initial deal to Deal for Cassell and then trade Cutler to Tampa. He's the friggin owner. I would think he would be the final person to sign off on the deal. He personally released statements and was involved in the process. Again, you just can't sneak a deal in and you're probably not going to trade, or even talk trade, without the owner being involved in some capacity.

Ravage!!!
01-28-2015, 06:07 PM
The Broncos were discussing trading for Cassel and then trading Cutler to Tampa Bay. Then Cassel was traded to Kansas City. Cutler got wind of it and got pissed. That's when things starting getting really crazy. I think Bowlen was in on the initial deal to Deal for Cassell and then trade Cutler to Tampa. He's the friggin owner. I would think he would be the final person to sign off on the deal. He personally released statements and was involved in the process. Again, you just can't sneak a deal in and you're probably not going to trade, or even talk trade, without the owner being involved in some capacity.

Uh huh.. k.

Joel
01-28-2015, 07:10 PM
I have an article written by an award winning reporter, (rich eisen I think?)that states that he talked with people in that office that knew Bowlen, did in fact, talk with Jay Cutler during that whole ordeal. I'll find the article, but people here didn't want to believe it when I posted it the first time. They wanted to believe that McDoosh was alllll innocent, and that Jay was doing all the underhanded stuff. It just took us time to realize tht McDick did this with everyone, and Jay was just the first victim of his a-holishness.

*I just clicked the link I had saved, but the link no longer exists. Was posted 8.28.09....http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=4429435
I think there's a LOT of truth to this: It was the first of McDumbass' seemingly endless arrogant tyrannical screw ups (none bigger than Spygate II,) but because it WAS the first and we'd just hired him he got the benefit of a doubt from many, probably most fans. Especially since the lingering divisions over spending a 1st round pick on a QB and benching a guy fresh off a Pro Bowl season were still fresh; the way McDumbass tried to spin the Cutler fiasco was tailor made for Plummer fans to scream, "I TOLD YOU SO!"

Over time the real story trickled out about McDumbass MAKING rather than answering trade calls, and lying to Cutler about it when asked away from the cameras; it didn't have to be a messy public breakup: McDumbass MADE it one. Pro Bowler or not, it should be obvious a three-way trade for a hot young FA prospect off a good relief year AND Tampas 1st round pick wasn't Belicheat nor Tampas idea, and the way I heard it Tampas pick was his second choice: He initially thought he could make a three-way deal with NE and Detroit that got him Cassell AND THE #1 OVERALL PICK. Hubris ate nemesis.

Yet by the time McDumbass exposed himself for what he was, Cutler was long gone and the narrative set that he was just a whiny little bitch McDumbass HAD to get rid of to maintain team discipline; it was much the same with Marshall: McDumbass didn't let either stick around long enough to be vindicated. That's a shame on many levels, but the signs of his megalomania, dishonesty, abrasiveness and incompetence were already clear for those willing to look rather than give the new coach a pass even if it meant throwing Pro Bowlers under the bus.

Davii
01-28-2015, 07:52 PM
So blame Ellis for the failings of the guy he hired?

Partly, sure. But, that sure as hell doesn't mean McDouchesickle gets an ounce less blame. His failings re 100% his.

BroncoWave
01-28-2015, 07:59 PM
So blame Ellis for the failings of the guy he hired?

Partly, sure. But, that sure as hell doesn't mean McDouchesickle gets an ounce less blame. His failings re 100% his.

Giving the amount of power that was given to such a young, experienced guy is not a very good move. It's not McD's fault that he was given more power than he was ready for.

DenBronx
01-28-2015, 08:21 PM
What an *******.

Joel
01-28-2015, 08:26 PM
Giving the amount of power that was given to such a young, experienced guy is not a very good move. It's not McD's fault that he was given more power than he was ready for.
It's his fault he demanded and disastrously abused it though. That's another part of the narrative I don't get: That Denvers FO supposedly volunteered to force a first-time HC to also assume all or nearly all GM duties in fact if not in name, and McDumbass just humbly, nervously gulped and said, "Well, I-I-I'll try.... :eek:" Hoodie Jr. wanted to be just that, thought he could and insisted we let him, and yes, agreeing to that WAS a huge executive mistake on the part of the guys who hired him.

Yet putting all or most blame for the helpless cheating league laughing stock that followed on them is like blaming a guy who left his car unlocked when someone steals it, drunkenly speeds down the road and rams a school bus. Maybe that started with a bad decision, but it didn't have to go further, so the many ensuing atrocities are the fault of whoever committed them, not the naïve victim who unwittingly left themselves vulnerable. Had our FO known what a train wreck McDumbass is, I'm sure they'd have told him that if refusing GM duties was a dealbreaker, there was no deal.

Davii
01-28-2015, 08:33 PM

No, but what he did with said power is completely his fault.

Lancane
01-28-2015, 08:43 PM

But he was the one who pulled the strings which led to him having that power and cornered everyone including Pat Bowlen into a corner. Joe Ellis listened to Josh McDaniels about Goodman who fired him and replaced him with Brian Xanders who was a 'yes man', he knew Goodman would not allow a trade of Jay Cutler as the acting General Manager. Bowlen was having memory issues off and on (which we only learned later and now know was Alzheimer's), he even admitted to ESPN that he didn't believe he had a conversation with Jay Cutler but later said he couldn't remember the conversation, it was obvious that Pat Bowlen's only play when coherent was to back Ellis, Xanders and McDaniels otherwise the organization would look incompetent. "You don't trade a Franchise Quarterback like Jay Cutler", that is what most NFL analysts had to say about the situation (but it has happened before though very rare), but name a club that fired a head coach before he's even coached OTA's in his first year? It's never happened. No one had a choice but to follow McDaniels down this so-called renovation of the team. We know Bowlen was suffering from symptoms of his disease (easily forgivable) and when they got too bad he made sure he had people he trusted to handle things for him, like Elway, Ellis and others. I understand what you are saying about holding people accountable, but those people were led astray by his song and dance, and as I said - no one has ever fired a head coach before he's had a chance to actually coach, they had no choice in the end, but eventually he pulled too much ****, caused too much dissension between the team and the fans and then the cheating was the last straw.

tripp
01-28-2015, 09:02 PM
I'm really glad you learned some new things at the expensive of our franchise, thanks josh.

turftoad
01-28-2015, 10:02 PM
No, but what he did with said power is completely his fault.

Yep, it went to his head for sure.

Joel
01-28-2015, 10:14 PM
I'm really glad you learned some new things at the expensive of our franchise, thanks josh.
He's CLEARLY learned many things; pity none of them was DON'T :censored: CHEAT ANYMORE!

BroncoJoe
01-29-2015, 10:08 AM
If McDaniels is positioning himself for a future HC job, the best thing he can do is exactly what he did. Admit his mistakes and note he learned from them.

He's not a dumb guy...

Bronco9798
01-29-2015, 10:16 AM
Yeah he does, Joe. He was given too much power and made huge mistakes. He even traded Cutler while Bowlen was in an Alzheimer's state of mind, and he (Bowlen) never knew Kyle Orton was on our team.:rolleyes:

BroncoJoe
01-29-2015, 10:29 AM
yeah he does, joe. He was given too much power and made huge mistakes. He even traded cutler while bowlen was in an alzheimer's state of mind, and he (bowlen) never knew kyle orton was on our team.:rolleyes:

lol.

turftoad
01-29-2015, 12:40 PM
If McDaniels is positioning himself for a future HC job, the best thing he can do is exactly what he did. Admit his mistakes and note he learned from them.

He's not a dumb guy...

He's not dumb, he's just an idiot!

TXBRONC
01-29-2015, 12:45 PM

Eventually we'll see if he's actually learned anything.

Joel
01-29-2015, 01:03 PM
He's very bright and knowledgeable, but has NO horse sense nor people skills. I empathize with that—but I'm not pathologically dishonest, and try not to display his default belligerence unless strongly provoked.

Lancane
01-29-2015, 01:12 PM
Yeah he does, Joe. He was given too much power and made huge mistakes. He even traded Cutler while Bowlen was in an Alzheimer's state of mind, and he (Bowlen) never knew Kyle Orton was on our team.:rolleyes:

No you're right, he wasn't given enough power, it was all Ellis and Xanders, he made no mistakes ever (We were lucky to have Saint McDaniels). Bowlen was not suffering from his disease for another month or so (which you established - no way he was suffering from Alzheimer's a month or two before he admitted) and the insiders and the reporters who reported otherwise were dead wrong despite their firsthand knowledge of the situation, not to mention that the ESPN report was completely off and Bowlen was behind the whole Cutler trade. Heck, the rest of us are all so mistaken and belligerently in love with Jay Cutler and look stupid defending him...you are omniscient; Cutler is the crappiest quarterback in the NFL and a horrid human being to boot, nothing but a pouty, moody bitch and the greatest thing McDaniels did was tear this team apart, waste draft picks and pretty much make us a toilet team of the NFL - but even more so was trading Jay Cutler to the Chicago Bears which was all Jay Cutler's fault.

:coffee:

Bronco9798
01-29-2015, 02:32 PM
No you're right, he wasn't given enough power, it was all Ellis and Xanders, he made no mistakes ever (We were lucky to have Saint McDaniels). Bowlen was not suffering from his disease for another month or so (which you established - no way he was suffering from Alzheimer's a month or two before he admitted) and the insiders and the reporters who reported otherwise were dead wrong despite their firsthand knowledge of the situation, not to mention that the ESPN report was completely off and Bowlen was behind the whole Cutler trade. Heck, the rest of us are all so mistaken and belligerently in love with Jay Cutler and look stupid defending him...you are omniscient; Cutler is the crappiest quarterback in the NFL and a horrid human being to boot, nothing but a pouty, moody bitch and the greatest thing McDaniels did was tear this team apart, waste draft picks and pretty much make us a toilet team of the NFL - but even more so was trading Jay Cutler to the Chicago Bears which was all Jay Cutler's fault.

:coffee:

You finally came around. lol...Actually I totally understand your points and what you are saying. Time to move on though. I enjoyed it. Just wanted to let you know how I felt about Cutler. I was against it when we drafted him and I was glad when we traded him. To me, that was the best thing Josh McDaniels did for the team and the organization. When Cutler retires one day, we'll have another discussion and I'll give you a wink and a nod!! ;)

HORSEPOWER 56
01-30-2015, 11:58 PM
McDaniels sucked. I do appreciate a few of his draft picks, though. Both DT and Decker were great picks. His trades were terrible, though.

I still think Cutler had the potential to be very good for us. Trading him to the Bears accentuated all his flaws and diminished his strengths. He's always needed a string offensive coach to keep him focused.

Instead, he went to a Bears team with a defensive HC, a revolving door at at OC, and the worst Oline in football. Sure he's had weapons, but his Oline has always been terrible. They also don't play to his strengths. Shanny did.

Sorry to get off topic, but I think Cutler got just as raw a deal as we did out of the whole affair.

Cugel
01-31-2015, 06:06 AM
Eventually we'll see if he's actually learned anything.

Well, he's probably learned not to get caught deflating the footballs and secretly videotaping other team's practices. But, he might have learned "just don't get caught" and anything you do is OK. That is after all the lesson Belichick teaches, if they win the SB yes? "If you ain't cheating, you ain't tryin'."

TXBRONC
01-31-2015, 08:36 AM
Well, he's probably learned not to get caught deflating the footballs and secretly videotaping other team's practices. But, he might have learned "just don't get caught" and anything you do is OK. That is after all the lesson Belichick teaches, if they win the SB yes? "If you ain't cheating, you ain't tryin'."

It's the Patriot way.

Simple Jaded
01-31-2015, 07:54 PM
Now, if we can only get him to admit the mistakes were made on purpose.

Northman
02-01-2015, 11:12 AM
McDaniels sucked. I do appreciate a few of his draft picks, though. Both DT and Decker were great picks. His trades were terrible, though.

I still think Cutler had the potential to be very good for us. Trading him to the Bears accentuated all his flaws and diminished his strengths. He's always needed a string offensive coach to keep him focused.

Instead, he went to a Bears team with a defensive HC, a revolving door at at OC, and the worst Oline in football. Sure he's had weapons, but his Oline has always been terrible. They also don't play to his strengths. Shanny did.

Sorry to get off topic, but I think Cutler got just as raw a deal as we did out of the whole affair.

Agreed and well said.

Lancane
02-01-2015, 01:40 PM
Now, if we can only get him to admit the mistakes were made on purpose.

Someone from that staff admitting they cheated...how dare you think of such a thing. In other news, someone on this board will when a billion dollar lottery and share with all the other members on the message boards! Okay, who am I ****ting, neither will ever happen.