PDA

View Full Version : MLB 2015 Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Thnikkaman
01-25-2015, 01:52 PM
Time to start a new one. Maybe Tulo will play 120 games this year.

Forget him, I want to watch Arenado regardless of how bad the Rox do this year.

MOtorboat
01-25-2015, 01:58 PM
I saw a Jhoulys Chacin is in the best shape of his life article this morning.

MileHighCrew
01-25-2015, 01:59 PM
Here's to another year of disappointments for Blue Jays fans :tsk:

MOtorboat
01-25-2015, 02:02 PM

The strange story of Rogers tampering with other teams to find a President to replace a guy who already is under contract is abnormally strange.

MileHighCrew
01-25-2015, 02:20 PM
And it being Dan Duquette who no one wanted for years to boot. but it appears that is over http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/toronto-blue-jays-baltimore-orioles-dan-duquette-paul-beeston-jeff-hoffman/

CoachChaz
01-27-2015, 01:24 PM

I, for one, certainly hope so

MileHighCrew
01-27-2015, 02:00 PM
I, for one, certainly hope so

i hope baltimore is 50 games back and in last.............

MOtorboat
01-27-2015, 02:28 PM
Fascinating Sweet Spot blog post from Schoenfield:

http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/54157/ranking-baseballs-greatest-dynasties

CoachChaz
01-27-2015, 04:07 PM
i hope baltimore is 50 games back and in last.............

It's a penny-pinching Angelos owned team with a General Manager that was ready to leave for Toronto and did NOTHING to improve the team this off-season...we very well could suck horribly

CoachChaz
01-27-2015, 04:10 PM
Fascinating Sweet Spot blog post from Schoenfield:

http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/54157/ranking-baseballs-greatest-dynasties

I think some people find it hard to call the Giants a dynasty because they have relied so much on getting hot at the right time and riding one of two players throughout the playoffs while getting lucky many times. They've never been dominant...they've just performed when it counted.

Nevertheless...they have 3 rings in 5 years to show for it all

Poet
01-27-2015, 04:17 PM
Are the Yankees going to suck this year?

Buff
01-27-2015, 04:17 PM
I think some people find it hard to call the Giants a dynasty because they have relied so much on getting hot at the right time and riding one of two players throughout the playoffs while getting lucky many times. They've never been dominant...they've just performed when it counted.

Nevertheless...they have 3 rings in 5 years to show for it all

Honestly? I think you are the only one. ;)

CoachChaz
01-27-2015, 04:22 PM
Honestly? I think you are the only one. ;)

The playoff record speaks for itself, but in reality, they've played in a soft division with very few superstars. When you look at "dynasties" from the past, you can put names with the teams. Who thinks of a dynasty and immediately comes up with Buster, Pablo and Madison? Doesnt really compare to the Yankees, Reds or A's teams of the past.

Poet
01-27-2015, 04:24 PM
Unfortunately the contemporary Giants had a better span of championships than my Reds ever did. The Giant's team, though, is significantly worse than any of the other dynasty teams, and yeah it does feel like variance that they hit their stride so perfectly three ******* times.

Buff
01-27-2015, 04:25 PM
The playoff record speaks for itself, but in reality, they've played in a soft division with very few superstars. When you look at "dynasties" from the past, you can put names with the teams. Who thinks of a dynasty and immediately comes up with Buster, Pablo and Madison? Doesnt really compare to the Yankees, Reds or A's teams of the past.

That's fair. They haven't been a dominant regular season team, or someone who looks like your classic powerhouse. But the definition of dynasty has sort of shifted over the years too. Al Michaels and Bill Simmons were talking about this on his podcast in relation to the LA Kings and whether 2 championships in 3 years is a modern day dynasty.

CoachChaz
01-27-2015, 04:28 PM
That's fair. They haven't been a dominant regular season team, or someone who looks like your classic powerhouse. But the definition of dynasty has sort of shifted over the years too. Al Michaels and Bill Simmons were talking about this on his podcast in relation to the LA Kings and whether 2 championships in 3 years is a modern day dynasty.

With free agency and salary caps (in most sports), it's harder for dynasties to exist, so the "standard" is a little lower. I think you have to recognize the Giants as one, but where they rank against other dynasties is probably close to, if not right at, the bottom when it comes to dominance

MOtorboat
01-28-2015, 04:42 PM
PECOTA is out.

Royals predicted at 72-90. Rockies at 72-90.

MOtorboat
01-29-2015, 01:10 PM
I strongly dislike the Tigers.

Buff
01-29-2015, 01:12 PM
Do you think the Rockies know that their dumpster fire pitching staff could use an upgrade this offseason? What the **** are they waiting for?

MOtorboat
01-29-2015, 01:20 PM
Do you think the Rockies know that their dumpster fire pitching staff could use an upgrade this offseason? What the **** are they waiting for?

Butler and Gray will probably be in the rotation by May or June. Not that probably makes you feel better, but...

Buff
01-29-2015, 01:22 PM
Butler and Gray will probably be in the rotation by May or June. Not that probably makes you feel better, but...

Yeah, that's what they said about Butler last year before he completely disappointed like every other pitching prospect that came before him. It's criminal how underprepared we go into every single season at that position.

I would cry tears of joy if we could acquire effing Dillon Gee or Kyle Kendrick at this point. The organization is such a joke - I can't believe I still cheer for them.

MOtorboat
01-29-2015, 01:29 PM
Yeah, that's what they said about Butler last year before he completely disappointed like every other pitching prospect that came before him. It's criminal how underprepared we go into every single season at that position.

I would cry tears of joy if we could acquire effing Dillon Gee or Kyle Kendrick at this point. The organization is such a joke - I can't believe I still cheer for them.

Matzek's ERA might improve into the 3s...:whoknows:

Buff
01-29-2015, 01:31 PM
Matzek's ERA might improve into the 3s...:whoknows:

True, Matzek was a positive surprise last year. I'll give you that. But still - where is the depth? Every year we are 1-2 injuries away from crisis and end up starting guys who would never see the light of day on other teams.

MOtorboat
01-29-2015, 01:33 PM
True, Matzek was a positive surprise last year. I'll give you that. But still - where is the depth? Every year we are 1-2 injuries away from crisis and end up starting guys who would never see the light of day on other teams.

I got nothing else.

I tried.

Thnikkaman
01-29-2015, 04:45 PM

There are still rumors circling around that Kendrick could end up with the Rox. That being said, this is going to be a rebuilding year. Hopefully Tulo can be healthy long enough that he could be traded in the off season for pitching or something like that.

Buff
01-29-2015, 04:53 PM
There are still rumors circling around that Kendrick could end up with the Rox. That being said, this is going to be a rebuilding year. Hopefully Tulo can be healthy long enough that he could be traded in the off season for pitching or something like that.

But it's not a rebuilding year according to what we've been hearing out of Patrick Saunders and Walt Weiss. It's supposedly our last year trying to go for broke with CarGo and Tulo before we try a new approach. Realistically - it's going to be a down year. But we aren't rebuilding. If it were truly a rebuilding year, then we should be unloading all of our high priced guys.

Thnikkaman
01-29-2015, 05:19 PM
But it's not a rebuilding year according to what we've been hearing out of Patrick Saunders and Walt Weiss. It's supposedly our last year trying to go for broke with CarGo and Tulo before we try a new approach. Realistically - it's going to be a down year. But we aren't rebuilding. If it were truly a rebuilding year, then we should be unloading all of our high priced guys.

In my quote, replace rebuilding with mediocre.

Poet
01-29-2015, 05:51 PM
I think I've converted to being a Yankees fan.

MOtorboat
01-29-2015, 05:57 PM
I think I've converted to being a Yankees fan.

Pick up your keyboard and hit yourself in the head. Then light said keyboard on fire and throw it out your window.

Then. Eff off.

Poet
01-30-2015, 12:27 AM
Pick up your keyboard and hit yourself in the head. Then light said keyboard on fire and throw it out your window.

Then. Eff off.

Faux rage is faux.

They have exciting offseasons and are more committed to winning than my Reds are.

Thnikkaman
01-30-2015, 07:52 AM
I think I've converted to being a Patriots fan.

Faux rage is faux.

They have exciting offseasons and are more committed to winning than my Bengals are.

Fixed it for you King. You're welcome.

CoachChaz
01-30-2015, 10:06 AM
Faux rage is faux.

They have exciting offseasons and are more committed to winning than my Reds are.

If buying championships is commitment...sure.

MHCBill
01-30-2015, 11:11 AM
2015 MLB Predictions

NL East - Nationals
NL Central - Pittsburgh
NL West - Dodgers
NL Wildcard - Cardinals
NL Wildcard - Cubs

NL MVP - A. Rizzo
NL CY - Kershaw
NL ROY - K. Bryant

AL East - Red Sox
AL Central - Tigers
AL West - Mariners
AL Wildcard - Angels
AL Wildcard - Blue Jays

AL MVP - R. Cano
AL CY - King Felix
AL ROY - T. Walker

weazel
01-30-2015, 11:15 AM
MLB2015 hmm... well the Blue Jays showed one thing last season, they need to get deeper in their pitching staff, both starters and the pen. So what did they do in the offseason? Signed a 50 year old catcher for 50 million a season, picked up more offensive players and either traded away or lost in free agency about 8 pitchers. Don't get me wrong, Josh Donaldson is a good player, I just hope he can eat up innings on the mound as well as play 3rd.

Letting Janssen sign elsewhere is retarded., Just another season of horrible ball coming out of Toronto

Poet
01-30-2015, 01:50 PM
NFL has a salary cap. MLB doesn't. No real cap equals spend that dough. Reds' can't spend that dough as they don't have it. They also can't run the team well enough to be a small market team.

CoachChaz
01-30-2015, 02:06 PM
MLB2015 hmm... well the Blue Jays showed one thing last season, they need to get deeper in their pitching staff, both starters and the pen. So what did they do in the offseason? Signed a 50 year old catcher for 50 million a season, picked up more offensive players and either traded away or lost in free agency about 8 pitchers. Don't get me wrong, Josh Donaldson is a good player, I just hope he can eat up innings on the mound as well as play 3rd.

Letting Janssen sign elsewhere is retarded., Just another season of horrible ball coming out of Toronto

I will agree with you 100%. As an O's fan, nothing the Jays did this off-season really impressed me all that much. But...the emergence of guys like Norris, Sanchez and Pompey will help.

Buff
01-30-2015, 02:18 PM

But they're all Canadians now!

CoachChaz
01-30-2015, 03:49 PM
2015 MLB Predictions

NL East - Nationals
NL Central - Pittsburgh
NL West - Dodgers
NL Wildcard - Cardinals
NL Wildcard - Cubs

NL MVP - A. Rizzo
NL CY - Kershaw
NL ROY - K. Bryant

AL East - Red Sox
AL Central - Tigers
AL West - Mariners
AL Wildcard - Angels
AL Wildcard - Blue Jays

AL MVP - R. Cano
AL CY - King Felix
AL ROY - T. Walker

Kind of early for this, but I'll play along...

NL East - Nationals
NL Central - Cardinals
NL West - Dodgers
NL Wildcard - Giants
NL Wildcard - Pirates

NL MVP - Stanton
NL CY - Kershaw
NL ROY - Joc Pedersen

AL East - Orioles
AL Central - Tigers
AL West - Angels
AL Wildcard - Mariners
AL Wildcard - Red Sox

AL MVP - Mike Trout
AL CY - Chris Sale
AL ROY - Alex Meyer

MOtorboat
01-30-2015, 04:08 PM
There's your pitchers Buff: David Hale and Gus Schlosser.

Buff
01-30-2015, 05:02 PM
There's your pitchers Buff: David Hale and Gus Schlosser.

Don't know much about them. My first reaction is, typical Rockies - let's go get a RP and try to make him a SP. That said, apparently he was going to compete for a SP slot there too.

Kind of weird that we traded two catcher prospects when that's a position of need.

MOtorboat
01-30-2015, 05:12 PM
Don't know much about them. My first reaction is, typical Rockies - let's go get a RP and try to make him a SP. That said, apparently he was going to compete for a SP slot there too.

Kind of weird that we traded two catcher prospects when that's a position of need.

Hale had a 3.03 ERA, so he's probably a 4.50 at Coors...

MOtorboat
02-03-2015, 12:45 PM
http://www.baseballamerica.com/majors/norris-makes-case-hes-just-man-van/

ST. THOMAS, Ont.—Yes, Daniel Norris lives in a van, loves the outdoors, has an impressive offseason beard and occasionally participates in photo shoots that accentuate his wilderness-loving lifestyle.

The 21-year-old southpaw agrees that it all makes for an interesting story, but sometimes taking a back seat in the mix of his travel ventures, his pursuit of his favorite hobbies—photography and surfing—and Shaggy, his 1978 Volkswagen Westfalia camper van, is the fact that he’ll compete for a rotation spot with the Blue Jays in spring training.

“Baseball’s been my No. 1 passion my whole life,” Norris said. “All the stuff with the van is cool and (a good story) and that’s fine, but baseball is my main focus. That’s my main passion and what I think about the most.

MOtorboat
02-03-2015, 02:38 PM
16 days.

Buff
02-03-2015, 02:51 PM
16 days.

16 days until we wait 45 more days for meaningful baseball!

MOtorboat
02-03-2015, 03:25 PM
16 days until we wait 45 more days for meaningful baseball!

I rather enjoy the "He's in the best shape of his life!" stories, thank you very much.

Buff
02-03-2015, 03:27 PM
I rather enjoy the "He's in the best shape of his life!" stories, thank you very much.

I'm very much looking forward to fantasy baseball season. I've got some difficult keeper decisions ahead of me.

Thnikkaman
02-03-2015, 03:30 PM
I got my first MLB.tv e-mail today. That's how I know it's getting close.

MOtorboat
02-04-2015, 02:07 PM
Not sure if this behind the paywall, but it's fascinating.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=25499

MOtorboat
02-09-2015, 02:14 AM
Shields is a Padre, per SB Nation.

CoachChaz
02-09-2015, 10:03 AM
Writing was kind of on the wall with that one. SD will be interesting to watch this year.

Buff
02-09-2015, 10:51 AM
Writing was kind of on the wall with that one. SD will be interesting to watch this year.

He supposedly turned down/wasn't interested in a SF Giants offer of 4yrs/$80 mil early on in free agency. Not sure if that's been substantiated.

MOtorboat
02-09-2015, 12:06 PM
Baseball Prospectus' 101 top prospects:
http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=25538

Four shortstops in Top 7. Jonathan Gray at 13.

CoachChaz
02-09-2015, 01:56 PM
He supposedly turned down/wasn't interested in a SF Giants offer of 4yrs/$80 mil early on in free agency. Not sure if that's been substantiated.

Well...he lives in SD and they've done quite a bit to turn that team around. Whether it works or not is to be determined, but it might just be his preferred destination all things considered. Who knows.

CoachChaz
02-09-2015, 01:57 PM
Baseball Prospectus' 101 top prospects:
http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=25538

Four shortstops in Top 7. Jonathan Gray at 13.

O's with 2 pitchers in the top 20. Can't wait to see how we screw up their careers.

MOtorboat
02-09-2015, 02:03 PM
O's with 2 pitchers in the top 20. Can't wait to see how we screw up their careers.

Bundy should be healthy in 2015. I think he finally pans out. I like him a lot. Don't know much about the other kid.

CoachChaz
02-09-2015, 02:17 PM
Bundy should be healthy in 2015. I think he finally pans out. I like him a lot. Don't know much about the other kid.

Harvey is a stud. He pitched in the MiLB all-star game last year as a 19 year old. Good velocity, nasty curve, doesnt seem to walk anyone. His dad is Bryan Harvey, the former closer. Kid has a bright future.

Bundy still concerns me. He looked like crap last year after coming off of the TJ surgery. Velocity and movement was off. Hoping it's all back this year. We'll see.

MOtorboat
02-09-2015, 02:36 PM
The Davies kid might be interesting. Obviously, he'll never be flashy, but I could see him being an innings-eater, even if his stature doesn't really bear that out.

CoachChaz
02-09-2015, 02:58 PM
Davies?

MOtorboat
02-09-2015, 03:05 PM
Davies?

Zach Davies, 3.35 ERA at Bowie last year.
http://www.baseballamerica.com/statistics/players/cards/93632

Poet
02-09-2015, 03:11 PM
For the first time in almost a decade I'm going to play fantasy baseball.

MOtorboat
02-09-2015, 03:21 PM
For the first time in almost a decade I'm going to play fantasy baseball.

Standard head-to-head format? Non-keeper?

CoachChaz
02-09-2015, 03:24 PM
Zach Davies, 3.35 ERA at Bowie last year.
http://www.baseballamerica.com/statistics/players/cards/93632

My bad...I thought you were referencing the top 100 list.

Yeah, Davies has stepped up. He had even better numbers in the AFL. I think he'll start the season at AAA. Not sure what the future holds for him since the expectation is to have Tillman, Gausman, Harvey and Bundy in the rotation. Davies could be a 5th guy, but my guess is they'll want a lefty in there. If he pitches well in AAA, could be trade bait or maybe a middle reliever.

We have some decent prospects developing and 5 of the top 100 draft picks this year. About damn time the farm started improving.

MOtorboat
02-09-2015, 03:27 PM
My bad...I thought you were referencing the top 100 list.

Yeah, Davies has stepped up. He had even better numbers in the AFL. I think he'll start the season at AAA. Not sure what the future holds for him since the expectation is to have Tillman, Gausman, Harvey and Bundy in the rotation. Davies could be a 5th guy, but my guess is they'll want a lefty in there. If he pitches well in AAA, could be trade bait or maybe a middle reliever.

We have some decent prospects developing and 5 of the top 100 draft picks this year. About damn time the farm started improving.

The Triple-A rotation is going to be interesting to start the season: Bundy, Davies, Tim Berry, Mike Wright and Tyler Wilson potentially. Most organizations would love to have that situation at Triple-A.

Poet
02-09-2015, 03:34 PM
Standard head-to-head format? Non-keeper?

Yeah. I'm not a huge keeper fan for fantasy sports, although it is a nice wrinkle.

What site do you guys recommend?

MOtorboat
02-09-2015, 03:37 PM
Yeah. I'm not a huge keeper fan for fantasy sports, although it is a nice wrinkle.

What site do you guys recommend?

I have two leagues that both use ESPN. A 20-team league and a 14-team league, both with 25-man rosters and high keeper limits.

CoachChaz
02-09-2015, 03:44 PM
The Triple-A rotation is going to be interesting to start the season: Bundy, Davies, Tim Berry, Mike Wright and Tyler Wilson potentially. Most organizations would love to have that situation at Triple-A.

Dont forget we also have 6 starters on the MLB club if it stood the way it is today. Something will have to give there, so I think Gausman will start the season at AAA as well. I think Mike Wright's future is as a bullpen guy and he's already on the 40 man roster. We need another reliever on the MLB club, so if he has a good spring, he could end up there. I dont think Wilson is ready for AAA yet

MOtorboat
02-09-2015, 04:01 PM
Dont forget we also have 6 starters on the MLB club if it stood the way it is today. Something will have to give there, so I think Gausman will start the season at AAA as well. I think Mike Wright's future is as a bullpen guy and he's already on the 40 man roster. We need another reliever on the MLB club, so if he has a good spring, he could end up there. I dont think Wilson is ready for AAA yet

They may keep him back because of a logjam. I hate to bring up the front office's obvious shortfalls, but a move of someone would be good for the organization to get some young, but MLB ready hitting talent. Walker is the only legit bat anywhere near the Majors.

CoachChaz
02-09-2015, 04:51 PM
They may keep him back because of a logjam. I hate to bring up the front office's obvious shortfalls, but a move of someone would be good for the organization to get some young, but MLB ready hitting talent. Walker is the only legit bat anywhere near the Majors.

I agree completely. Especially when they dont want to spend any money. Travis Snider isnt the answer. We'll see how it goes after this year when Weiters, Davis and most of our pitching staff are free agents. I expect Chen and Norris to be gone, so it will open up some room for Bundy and others.

CoachChaz
02-09-2015, 05:40 PM
Dariel Alvarez is another bat they are hoping is ready

MOtorboat
02-09-2015, 06:05 PM

I forgot about him. A Cuban, right?

CoachChaz
02-09-2015, 10:38 PM

I forgot about him. A Cuban, right?

Yeah. Not one of the elite ones that pop up every year, but big arm, strong defense and decent bat.

MOtorboat
02-23-2015, 10:39 AM
Apparently the Red Sox are not concerned with the international free agent luxury tax.

CoachChaz
02-23-2015, 03:46 PM
No need to be when you can spend at will

Poet
02-23-2015, 07:01 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/24350073/no-baseball-still-doesnt-need-a-salary-cap

CoachChaz
02-23-2015, 07:48 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/24350073/no-baseball-still-doesnt-need-a-salary-cap

A lot of what he says has value, but also doesn't touch a lot of the questions that surround the argument.

Poet
02-23-2015, 09:24 PM
True. I just wanted to offer another perspective.

MOtorboat
02-24-2015, 12:01 PM
The seeds of the David Wright acquisition were sewn in the 60s.

http://grantland.com/features/mlb-transaction-trees/#

MOtorboat
03-09-2015, 11:24 AM
Spring training:
http://m.mlb.com/video/v42777383/sfari-collmenter-and-cahill-team-up-for-interview/?c_id=mlb

weazel
03-10-2015, 01:45 PM
well it must be close to the new season, Toronto already announcing pitchers missing the season with injuries... later Stroman. They really need to rename this team to the Toronto DL's

CoachChaz
03-10-2015, 02:08 PM
well it must be close to the new season, Toronto already announcing pitchers missing the season with injuries... later Stroman. They really need to rename this team to the Toronto DL's

Makes me happy

Valar Morghulis
03-11-2015, 01:51 AM
When does the season start - I am going to make a real effort to watch more games this year.

MOtorboat
03-11-2015, 02:05 AM
When does the season start - I am going to make a real effort to watch more games this year.

Cubs-Cardinals on the eve of April 4, everyone else April 5.

MOtorboat
03-11-2015, 02:09 AM
Whoops. Sunday is April 5, not April 4.

Either way, Sunday that week and Monday.

MOtorboat
03-11-2015, 02:44 AM
Cubs:
http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/55609/back-to-back-to-back-soler-baez-bryant

SR
03-11-2015, 08:01 AM
I am going to make an effort to follow a baseball team this year. My family history is with the Reds. I grew up watching the Diamondbacks. I'm about to move to Houston. I don't know much about any of the current teams I listed but since the easiest team for me to follow will be the Astros I think I'll go that route.

MileHighCrew
03-11-2015, 08:33 AM

Totally sucks, I thought he was going to have an awesome year

CoachChaz
03-11-2015, 09:25 AM
I am going to make an effort to follow a baseball team this year. My family history is with the Reds. I grew up watching the Diamondbacks. I'm about to move to Houston. I don't know much about any of the current teams I listed but since the easiest team for me to follow will be the Astros I think I'll go that route.

Houston is going to be fun to watch over the next few years. I'd go that route

SR
03-11-2015, 10:07 AM
Houston is going to be fun to watch over the next few years. I'd go that route

Only because you said so

weazel
03-11-2015, 12:21 PM
Totally sucks, I thought he was going to have an awesome year

oh well... guess I can skip watching baseball this season. Normally I watch for the first couple months until the Jays are out of it but it came a little earlier this season!

CoachChaz
03-11-2015, 12:22 PM
oh well... guess I can skip watching baseball this season. Normally I watch for the first couple months until the Jays are out of it but it came a little earlier this season!

They'll still have a fun offense to watch

chazoe60
03-11-2015, 12:26 PM
Hey Coach, what's your opinion of Hundley? And do you think he'll do well playing in Coors?

CoachChaz
03-11-2015, 12:30 PM
Hey Coach, what's your opinion of Hundley? And do you think he'll do well playing in Coors?

I think I covered him in the Rox thread, but IMO he is a very solid #2 catcher. There is no telling how his offense will translate at Coors, but if I had to guess, I wouldnt go much higher than a .700 OPS. His defense is also around league average. he isnt going to throw out a bunch of runners.

His biggest attribute is how he handles pitchers and I have to believe that is why Colorado brought him in. He was a Godsend for Tillman last year and he is really good at framing. I doubt he'll bring a lot of offense, but he will add some value to the pitching staff.

Buff
03-11-2015, 12:31 PM

Asked and answered!

Coach, what's the scouting report on Hundley?

His biggest value to Baltimore last year was that he was Tillman's catcher. For some reason, Tillman's numbers improved when Hundley caught for him, so he kind of became his personal catcher. He had a few clutch hits here and there, but at the end of the day he's a mediocre hitter that cant throw anyone out on the base paths. Definitely back-up material

Perfect, he will probably start 140 games in CO.

It's CO....he might hit 30 bombs there. Who knows?

weazel
03-11-2015, 12:31 PM
They'll still have a fun offense to watch

half that team will be on DL by June. Bautista will miss about 40+ games, Edwin will mist 60+ and Reyes will be in and out of the lineup all year, like always

CoachChaz
03-11-2015, 12:33 PM
half that team will be on DL by June.

LOL...probably...and as far as I am concerned...hopefully

Buff
03-11-2015, 12:43 PM
half that team will be on DL by June. Bautista will miss about 40+ games, Edwin will mist 60+ and Reyes will be in and out of the lineup all year, like always

Nah, Bautista will have another career year because I let him go as my keeper last year because I was sick of his injuries. Murphy's law.

CoachChaz
03-11-2015, 12:49 PM
Nah, Bautista will have another career year because I let him go as my keeper last year because I was sick of his injuries. Murphy's law.

He cant handle a full year in the field and due to their shortcomings in the outfield, they'll rely on Bats to play 150 games out there. Considering what he CAN bring...it's a good idea. Unfortunately, he cant handle that much field time anymore and inevitably...he'll be hurt. On the other hand...he did give them 130 games in the OF last year, so we'll see. I just wouldnt count on that happening again

weazel
03-11-2015, 04:21 PM
He cant handle a full year in the field and due to their shortcomings in the outfield, they'll rely on Bats to play 150 games out there. Considering what he CAN bring...it's a good idea. Unfortunately, he cant handle that much field time anymore and inevitably...he'll be hurt. On the other hand...he did give them 130 games in the OF last year, so we'll see. I just wouldnt count on that happening again

they have the worst playing field in the league, a lot of talk about replacing it but keep putting it off. That field takes a year or two of playing time off of everyone who steps on it.

MileHighCrew
03-16-2015, 08:35 AM
If you have ever wondered how much it sucks being a Blue Jays fan, this pretty much sums it up lol.

Sneeze injures Blue Jays' Kevin Pillar
http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/25109448/sneeze-injures-blue-jays-kevin-pillar

OK BLUE JAYS LETS PLAY BALL.......

MOtorboat
03-24-2015, 12:34 PM
Joe West has a notoriously small strike zone.

Last week, A.J. Pierzynski asked West if he was going to call any strikes. West turned to Freddie Gonzalez in the Braves dugout and hollered, "Freddie we're going to need a new catcher" and Pierzynski was thrown out of spring training game.

-As told by Tim Kirkjean on ESPN just now.

WTE
03-24-2015, 01:30 PM
Joe West has a notoriously small strike zone.

Last week, A.J. Pierzynski asked West if he was going to call any strikes. West turned to Freddie Gonzalez in the Braves dugout and hollered, "Freddie we're going to need a new catcher" and Pierzynski was thrown out of spring training game.

-As told by Tim Kirkjean on ESPN just now.

Joe West thinks fans go the games to see him.

weazel
03-24-2015, 01:33 PM
he's a douche

and as for being a fan of the Jays, I'm with you MHC... it's frustrating

MOtorboat
03-25-2015, 02:40 PM
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/12485525/mlb-penultimate-play

weazel
03-25-2015, 03:37 PM
this is one of my favorite plays ever... Buck Martinez getting a double play after breaking his ankle on the play. Those are some sexy Seattle fans as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGksb1YOFC8

MOtorboat
03-31-2015, 11:20 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx2-rtsFS3k

weazel
03-31-2015, 01:05 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx2-rtsFS3k

that was painful

MOtorboat
03-31-2015, 01:38 PM
I don't understand why people are acting like this service time debate is new. This has been going on for as long as I can remember.

MOtorboat
03-31-2015, 06:05 PM
I don't understand why people are acting like this service time debate is new. This has been going on for as long as I can remember.

And after listening to Buster Olney and Jayson Stark's conversation on Baseball Tonight podcast at work, I feel this statement is validated greatly.

The Union's response is also pure bullshit.

MOtorboat
04-01-2015, 01:01 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH2_dUboyBA

Buff
04-01-2015, 01:05 PM
And after listening to Buster Olney and Jayson Stark's conversation on Baseball Tonight podcast at work, I feel this statement is validated greatly.

The Union's response is also pure bullshit.

I feel like Scott Boras is the only one making a stink about it...

That said, Cowherd made a decent point, that if you are the player and the team wants to delay you an additional year from getting paid (even if its fully within their rights), wouldn't it be hard to not then hold that against them when it's time for your next contract?

MOtorboat
04-01-2015, 01:06 PM
I feel like Scott Boras is the only one making a stink about it...

That said, Cowherd made a decent point, that if you are the player and the team wants to delay you an additional year from getting paid (even if its fully within their rights), wouldn't it be hard to not then hold that against them when it's time for your next contract?

Boras clients tend to hit free agency no matter what, and organizations know that so the player isn't really gaining any leverage.

MOtorboat
04-06-2015, 12:29 AM
"You may run like Mays, but you hit like shit."

MOtorboat
04-06-2015, 03:12 AM
It's baseball eve. I can't sleep.

weazel
04-06-2015, 11:09 AM
4 years to renovate Wrigley?

MOtorboat
04-06-2015, 01:01 PM
Jays just lit up Tanaka.

weazel
04-06-2015, 01:04 PM
Jays just lit up Tanaka.

still early... lot's of time for the Jays to collapse

CoachChaz
04-06-2015, 01:21 PM
Hard to be happy the Yanks are losing...when the Jays are winning

WTE
04-06-2015, 02:06 PM
Hard to be happy the Yanks are losing...when the Jays are winning

They tried to steal Duquette.

MOtorboat
04-06-2015, 02:08 PM
They tried to steal Duquette.

And Kenny Williams from Chicago.

Poet
04-06-2015, 02:09 PM
How good are the Padres right now?

MOtorboat
04-06-2015, 02:12 PM
It's going to be a bad bad year in Philly.

WTE
04-06-2015, 02:13 PM
Dustin Pedroia rips the first pitch he sees of the 2015 season into the left field seats.

MOtorboat
04-06-2015, 02:22 PM
Rings and trophy ceremony bitches.

CoachChaz
04-06-2015, 02:28 PM
It's going to be a bad bad year in Philly.

That's on Amaro. If he didnt have ridiculous expectations on the returns for trading vets, he'd probably have a very nice young team.

MOtorboat
04-06-2015, 02:37 PM
That's on Amaro. If he didnt have ridiculous expectations on the returns for trading vets, he'd probably have a very nice young team.

Definitely. Hamels clearly doesn't even want to be there.

CoachChaz
04-06-2015, 02:59 PM
Definitely. Hamels clearly doesn't even want to be there.

They'll eventually unload him, but it will require Amaro swallowing his pride...or some other GM being an idiot.

They had a chance to unload Howard and Utley and their contracts, but he wants the other team to take on the full balance of their existing deals. Idiot.

MOtorboat
04-06-2015, 03:09 PM
They'll eventually unload him, but it will require Amaro swallowing his pride...or some other GM being an idiot.

They had a chance to unload Howard and Utley and their contracts, but he wants the other team to take on the full balance of their existing deals. Idiot.

He asks for way too much in prospects too. I forget which team it was, Blue Jays maybe, but he was asking for the top three prospects in the organization and wouldn't budge on the team picking up full salary as well.

CoachChaz
04-06-2015, 03:18 PM
He asks for way too much in prospects too. I forget which team it was, Blue Jays maybe, but he was asking for the top three prospects in the organization and wouldn't budge on the team picking up full salary as well.

Yep. The Orioles were considering a deal for Ryan Howard if they ate some of the salary, but Amaro reportedly wanted Bundy straight up. While I'm not as high as most on Bundy...I'm also not paying 25 mil a year on top of giving up my top prospect for Howard right now.

weazel
04-06-2015, 03:21 PM
wait until the injuries start mounting, he will get offers.

CoachChaz
04-06-2015, 03:24 PM
wait until the injuries start mounting, he will get offers.

He always gets offers...he just always turns them down. People have been making offers on his top paid guys for a full year and a half already and every one of them is still in Philly. Byrd is the only one he's dealt and he had to give up 4 mil to unload him.

CoachChaz
04-06-2015, 03:51 PM
Further proof of the idiocy and the Yankees/Sox bias that goes on at ESPN... Current headline says "Sox Going Deep at Fenway"

They're playing in Philly.

MOtorboat
04-06-2015, 03:59 PM
Further proof of the idiocy and the Yankees/Sox bias that goes on at ESPN... Current headline says "Sox Going Deep at Fenway"

They're playing in Philly.

That would actually disprove bias. If they were bias, they wouldn't get that wrong.

MileHighCrew
04-06-2015, 05:49 PM
Nice Blue Jay win to start off the season!!!

MOtorboat
04-06-2015, 06:55 PM
What a fun day.

Marathon, not sprint.

MOtorboat
04-06-2015, 11:00 PM
Man I miss Jon Miller on Sunday Night Baseball. Don't get me wrong, Dan Shulman is damn good, but Miller...one of the best.

Poet
04-06-2015, 11:29 PM
Mo, I need you to do me a favor.

Tned
04-06-2015, 11:33 PM
Ok, I have pretty much given up on baseball the last few years. Even stopped buying mlb package, but this year I just bought the mlb.tv package and am going to start watching my Mets again.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

MOtorboat
04-06-2015, 11:52 PM
Ok, I have pretty much given up on baseball the last few years. Even stopped buying mlb package, but this year I just bought the mlb.tv package and am going to start watching my Mets again.

Harvey goes Thursday. Noon. I'll be watching.

MOtorboat
04-06-2015, 11:52 PM
Mo, I need you to do me a favor.

What?

Poet
04-06-2015, 11:53 PM
What?

Sell me on baseball. I make make the -wait for it- best pitch that you possibly can!

MOtorboat
04-06-2015, 11:55 PM
Sell me on baseball. I make make the -wait for it- best pitch that you possibly can!

I can't make you patriotic, King. You'll have to do that on your own.

Poet
04-06-2015, 11:58 PM
I can't make you patriotic, King. You'll have to do that on your own.

I really hate you sometimes. Now is one of those times.

WTE
04-07-2015, 05:52 AM
Woke up to find out the Red Sox have agreed to over pay Rick Porcello for four years. What a glorious day.

MOtorboat
04-07-2015, 10:39 AM
Woke up to find out the Red Sox have agreed to over pay Rick Porcello for four years. What a glorious day.

Just break it down like this: that's $20 million for each point of ERA.

weazel
04-07-2015, 12:16 PM

I always love bringing up the Bobby Bonilla contract whenever the Mets are brought into conversation. Absolute genius

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/articles/entertainment-articles/bobby-bonilla-baseball-contract/

MOtorboat
04-07-2015, 06:14 PM
Joe West already doing Joe West things.

spikerman
04-07-2015, 06:22 PM
I really love baseball, but damn I'd love to see them institute a 20 second pitch clock. I've given it a lot of thought and can't come up with a drawback. If anybody knows of one I'd love to hear it.

Buff
04-07-2015, 07:24 PM
I really love baseball, but damn I'd love to see them institute a 20 second pitch clock. I've given it a lot of thought and can't come up with a drawback. If anybody knows of one I'd love to hear it.

The issue is that sometimes it's the pitcher delaying the game, other times it's the batter... So who are you enforcing the clock on?

I thought they were going to try and enforce keeping the batters in the box more this year, but watching yesterday it seemed like nothing has changed.

spikerman
04-07-2015, 07:27 PM
The issue is that sometimes it's the pitcher delaying the game, other times it's the batter... So who are you enforcing the clock on?

I thought they were going to try and enforce keeping the batters in the box more this year, but watching yesterday it seemed like nothing has changed.

So, what I would do is this. It's a 20 second clock. Within that 20 seconds the pitcher must either throw a pitch or make a move to a base. If the hitter is ready at 20 seconds and the pitcher is not, it's an automatic ball. If the pitcher is ready and the hitter is not, it's a strike, no matter where the pitch goes. If there is a runner on base and the pitcher makes a pick-off move it resets the clock.

Buff
04-07-2015, 07:31 PM
So, what I would do is this. It's a 20 second clock. Within that 20 seconds the pitcher must either throw a pitch or make a move to a base. If the hitter is ready at 20 seconds and the pitcher is not, it's an automatic ball. If the pitcher is ready and the hitter is not, it's a strike, no matter where the pitch goes. If there is a runner on base and the pitcher makes a pick-off move it resets the clock.

I like it. The crazy thing is that there is already a 12-second rule for pitchers, but it's never enforced. It's like the football rule that says blockers can't aid the runner. I've never understood why it became an unwritten rule that the aiding a runner rule goes unenforced.

spikerman
04-07-2015, 07:48 PM
I like it. The crazy thing is that there is already a 12-second rule for pitchers, but it's never enforced. It's like the football rule that says blockers can't aid the runner. I've never understood why it became an unwritten rule that the aiding a runner rule goes unenforced.

True. I will tell you that at least under NCAA rules, aiding the runner by pushing him is no longer illegal.

MOtorboat
04-09-2015, 12:02 PM
Matt Harvey is about to take the mound.

MOtorboat
04-09-2015, 12:11 PM
http://deadspin.com/local-cubs-broadcast-intro-is-just-a-disaster-1696736658?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitte r&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

VonDoom
04-09-2015, 03:00 PM
Matt Harvey is about to take the mound.

6 IP, 0 runs, 4 hits, 1 BB, 9 K. Destroyed Bryce Harper three times. Not bad for a 91 pitch workload.

Oh yeah, and let's go Mets.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-09-2015, 06:47 PM
NEW YORK -- Major League Baseball has started sending written warnings to players who have violated the new pace-of-game rules.

MLB spokesman Mike Teevan said Wednesday about 10 letters had been sent since the start of the season last weekend.

Penalties for violating the new rules include fines, which start May 1.

rest - http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/12649643/mlb-issuing-warning-letters-players-pace-game

MOtorboat
04-13-2015, 01:59 PM
Beisbol:

@JamesWagnerWP: Aaron Barrett and Max Scherzer tried the standoff after the national anthem but appeared to have no takers on the Red Sox side.

Buff
04-13-2015, 02:37 PM
Beisbol:

Barrett is good - I'm not surprised nobody challenged him.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/07/nationals-rockies-national-anthem-stand-off

weazel
04-13-2015, 03:22 PM
ghey

WTE
04-13-2015, 03:24 PM
ghey

Like totally

WTE
04-13-2015, 03:32 PM
Red Sox are up on Nats 8 - 0. Zimmerman plucked the Sox 2 most recent purchases, Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandobal, back to back. Pablo not happy.

Time for some retaliation and bean Bryce.

weazel
04-13-2015, 03:33 PM
Red Sox are up on Nats 8 - 0. Zimmerman plucked the Sox 2 most recent purchases, Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandobal, back to back. Pablo not happy.

Time for some retaliation and bean Bryce.

like whatever

WTE
04-13-2015, 03:34 PM
like whatever

Are you like, serious?

weazel
04-13-2015, 03:37 PM
Are you like, serious?

I'm very interested in the plunkings. Who got hit in retalitation?

MOtorboat
04-15-2015, 12:11 PM
Love me some baseball dust ups. Phillies hit a pair of Mets in the hands, up and in, soHarvey plunked Utley in the back. Loved Utley's response too, basically said that's baseball, won't be the first time and won't be the last.

MOtorboat
04-15-2015, 12:34 PM
On Jackie Robinson day:

http://www.si.com/mlb/strike-zone/2013/04/15/jackie-robinson-brooklyn-dodgers-vin-scully

MOtorboat
04-15-2015, 12:49 PM
Beisbol:

Someone in the Marlins clubhouse dropped all the bats on the floor before last night's game, to "wake them up." The Marlins have scored 13 runs in the 15 innings since.

weazel
04-15-2015, 12:57 PM
Jays pitching already looking like Jays pitching

MOtorboat
04-17-2015, 12:11 PM
David Price, your starting pitcher and he is presented by Family Heating, Cooling and Electrical.

#localbroadcasts

weazel
04-17-2015, 12:35 PM
Jays pitchers have given up 14 home runs so far. #excellence

MOtorboat
04-17-2015, 02:12 PM
Shift just caused Padres to give up a run.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-17-2015, 08:19 PM
Orioles starter was ejected with two outs in the fourth inning after hitting Red Sox third baseman Pablo Sandoval with a pitch. Neither side had been issued a warning by home plate umpire Jordan Baker, but Jimenez was ejected immediately. He had shut the Red Sox out on no hits to that point, though he had walked three.

As the three walks indicate — and as Keith Law noted on Twitter — control isn’t exactly Jimenez’s forte. That he might throw a wayward pitch that hits a batter would not be unprecedented. Though Jimenez has never led the league in hit batsmen, he has twice led the league in wild pitches.

Baker, ostensibly, felt that Jimenez was retaliating because Sandoval slid hard into second base to break up a double play in the second inning.

rest - http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/17/ubaldo-jimenez-was-ejected-wrongfully-for-hitting-pablo-sandoval-with-a-pitch/

MOtorboat
04-20-2015, 01:08 AM
Baseball stats:

Roughly 150 players per season qualify for the batting title.

That's 16,950 players since 1901. 643 have had a slash line of, or better than, .300/.400/.500. That's 3.8 percent of complete batting seasons. 43 of those seasons are from active players.

Those seasons, by individual:
Albert Pujols, 9
Miguel Cabrera, 5
Andrew McCutchen, 3
Joey Votto, 3
Alex Rodriguez, 3
Joe Mauer, 2
Hanley Ramirez, 2
Matt Holliday, 2
Mark Teixeira, 2
Josh Hamilton, 1
Adrian Gonzalez, 1
Buster Posey, 1
Victor Martinez, 1
David Ortiz, 1
Chase Utley, 1
David Wright, 1
Prince Fielder, 1
Ryan Howard, 1
Paul Goldschmidt, 1
Jose Bautista, 1
Mike Trout, 1

chazoe60
04-20-2015, 07:01 AM
Hey MO forgive my ignorance but is that BA/OBP/SLUGGING%?

MOtorboat
04-20-2015, 10:26 AM
Hey MO forgive my ignorance but is that BA/OBP/SLUGGING%?

Yes.

MOtorboat
04-22-2015, 11:15 PM
Mike Scoscia just over-thought himself and cost his team the game. Jared Weaver should still be in the game and three relievers in one inning have given up four runs in what was a 1-1 game in the 7th. Scoscia is good, but sometimes modern day managers do way too damn much.

Oh, and **** the A's, but #countrybreakfast just went #dongtown.

Poet
04-23-2015, 05:02 PM
The manager of the Reds is looking pretty shaky.

MOtorboat
04-23-2015, 05:16 PM
The manager of the Reds is looking pretty shaky.

How many F-bombs did he drop this time?

VonDoom
04-23-2015, 06:02 PM
How about my Mets? Eleven in a row is like something out of a movie

MOtorboat
04-23-2015, 06:16 PM
Imagine what it will be like when the Mets acquire a shortstop in late June.

chazoe60
04-23-2015, 08:30 PM
Imagine what it will be like when the Mets acquire a shortstop in late June.

Only if the Rockies acquire a pitcher.

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2013/1004/ny_i_harvey01jr_400x600.jpg

:D

MOtorboat
04-23-2015, 08:31 PM
Lulz

VonDoom
04-23-2015, 08:42 PM
Only if the Rockies acquire a pitcher.

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2013/1004/ny_i_harvey01jr_400x600.jpg

:D

Harvey's not going anywhere ... until he leaves for the Yankees in a few years. Ugh.

The Tulo ship has sailed, I believe. If that deal was going to happen, it would have gone down already. I've enjoyed having Cuddyer here so far, though.

weazel
04-24-2015, 09:28 AM
Blue Jays did their best to blow a 5 run lead in the 9th, but they failed to lose.

CoachChaz
04-24-2015, 09:36 AM
Blue Jays did their best to blow a 5 run lead in the 9th, but they failed to lose.

Must be nice

MOtorboat
04-28-2015, 12:34 PM
So, Josh Hamilton is a Ranger again, Brandon McCarthy and Adam Wainwright are out for the year, Homer Bailey might be right behind them and the Mets have the best record in baseball.

chazoe60
04-28-2015, 12:35 PM
So, Josh Hamilton is a Ranger again, Brandon McCarthy and Adam Wainwright are out for the year, Homer Bailey might be right behind them and the Mets have the best record in the National League.

Strange times brother, strange times indeed. Sucks about Wainright.

weazel
04-28-2015, 12:36 PM
Must be nice

losers of 4 in a row.

MOtorboat
04-28-2015, 12:40 PM
Strange times brother, strange times indeed. Sucks about Wainright.

The Cards will have someone to replace him and he'll probably be excellent. McCarthy's injury is the more intriguing one because the Dodgers are more apt to try to trade for a replacement. Hamels?

Could the Nats trade a pitcher if they can't turn it around?

Buff
04-28-2015, 01:18 PM
The Cards will have someone to replace him and he'll probably be excellent. McCarthy's injury is the more intriguing one because the Dodgers are more apt to try to trade for a replacement. Hamels?

Could the Nats trade a pitcher if they can't turn it around?

The NL East is a train wreck. They should just demolish their stadium if they can't turn it around.

MOtorboat
04-28-2015, 01:21 PM
The NL East is a train wreck. They should just demolish their stadium if they can't turn it around.

Stephen Strasburg likes Southern California.

VonDoom
04-28-2015, 01:25 PM

I'm still expecting them to get back on track, but I would not be at all upset if they continue to flounder.

MOtorboat
04-28-2015, 01:29 PM
Oh, and I see your Arenado and raise you a Gordon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW6mBAoFDuY

Denver Native (Carol)
04-28-2015, 04:08 PM
• Wednesday's game between the Baltimore Orioles and Chicago White Sox will be closed to the public, the Orioles announced. A source within Major League Baseball told CNN the league is not aware of any prior closed-door games in major league history.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/28/us/baltimore-riots/

chazoe60
04-28-2015, 04:39 PM
Oh, and I see your Arenado and raise you a Gordon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW6mBAoFDuY

Arenado's catch was from a much more difficult angle and the pop up and throw to third was a thing of beauty, advantage Arenado by a country mile.

MOtorboat
04-28-2015, 04:53 PM
Arenado's catch was from a much more difficult angle and the pop up and throw to third was a thing of beauty, advantage Arenado by a country mile.

Maybe.

How long are country miles in East Utah?

chazoe60
04-28-2015, 04:55 PM
Maybe.

How long are country miles in East Utah?
No maybe about it, Nebraskan.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-28-2015, 05:58 PM
Wednesday's game will be available on MLB.TV and will be televised locally by the teams' respective regional sports networks.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/121011784/white-sox-orioles-to-play-in-private-weekend-games-moved-to-tampa-bay

MOtorboat
04-29-2015, 12:49 PM
Via @baseballpro, Camden 15 minutes to first pitch today.

weazel
04-29-2015, 01:38 PM
it's the free game on mlb.tv

looks strange...

chazoe60
04-29-2015, 03:26 PM
it's the free game on mlb.tv

looks strange...

I bet it sounds really weird too, not having that background murmur of the crowd.

MOtorboat
04-29-2015, 03:29 PM
I bets it sounds really weird too, not having that background murmur of the crowd.

Gary Thorne called an Adam Jones double like a golf shot at Augusta.

BroncoWave
04-29-2015, 03:43 PM
I bets it sounds really weird too, not having that background murmur of the crowd.

See: Any Florida Marlins game! :D

MOtorboat
04-29-2015, 06:38 PM
And another Royal actually gets hit in the head. Meanwhile, their teammate is the only one serving a suspension for it, and he didn't even hit anyone.

chazoe60
04-29-2015, 08:30 PM
And another Royal actually gets hit in the head. Meanwhile, their teammate is the only one serving a suspension for it, and he didn't even hit anyone.
Whaaaa. Seems to me the Royals are the common denominator.

MOtorboat
04-29-2015, 09:02 PM
Whaaaa. Seems to me the Royals are the common denominator.

The Royals have got hit 20 times in 21 games and not one single warning has been issued to the opposing team. Two of those have been in the head. I know what the national narrative is and I know Ventura is the spark of three incidents. That narrative isn't telling everything.

That White Sox incident is almost entirely on Samardjia. He smoked Lorenzo Cain on opening day and was never even given a warning and talked shit right up until things blew up in the next series. You're not hearing that on ESPN.

weazel
04-30-2015, 11:34 AM
I bet it sounds really weird too, not having that background murmur of the crowd.

it was funny because I heard some clapping and then they showed about 15 dudes all pressed up against a gate in the outfield. So the game actually did have about 15 fans and 3 scouts watching (besides the media in the press boxes)

CoachChaz
04-30-2015, 12:00 PM
They still played music in the stadium, but yeah...it was weird being able to loudly hear the pop of the glove on every pitch and throw.

The O's already dont spend as much money as they can, so if it means we score 8 runs and Ubaldo pitches like a champ, I'm okay with an empty stadium on a regular basis.

WTE
04-30-2015, 03:13 PM
The Royals have got hit 20 times in 21 games and not one single warning has been issued to the opposing team. Two of those have been in the head. I know what the national narrative is and I know Ventura is the spark of three incidents. That narrative isn't telling everything.

That White Sox incident is almost entirely on Samardjia. He smoked Lorenzo Cain on opening day and was never even given a warning and talked shit right up until things blew up in the next series. You're not hearing that on ESPN.

Ventura's idol is Pedro so he ain't changing his ways any time soon. And I say great. Baseball needs more personalities like him.

MOtorboat
04-30-2015, 03:14 PM
Ventura's idol is Pedro so he ain't changing his ways any time soon. And I say great. Baseball needs more personalities like him.

This is on Samardjia though and apparently goes back to him being an A last year. He has something out for the Royals.

MOtorboat
05-04-2015, 06:38 PM
The Marlins are only allowing season ticket holders to watch Marlins batting practice.

Seems like a shitty owner thing to do. I wonder if the Monforts discussed it?

Dapper Dan
05-13-2015, 09:22 PM
Just left Cincy. Watched the Reds kick ass.

Dapper Dan
05-13-2015, 09:23 PM
A kid in front of me had a Royals hat on. I thought of MO. He was about the same height.

SR
05-13-2015, 09:30 PM
Apparently the Astros are doing pretty well.

CoachChaz
05-14-2015, 08:55 AM
Apparently the Astros are doing pretty well.

Starting to come back to Earth lately, but overall...yeah.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-14-2015, 09:12 AM
Mike Freaking Trout.

...dude put on a show in the outfield last night.

chazoe60
05-14-2015, 09:13 AM
Mike Freaking Trout.

...dude put on a show in the outfield last night.

He was pissing me off. All the love and support I've showed him and that's how he repays me?

weazel
05-14-2015, 09:19 AM
It was an average season, kinda happy it's over

MOtorboat
05-15-2015, 12:24 PM
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/phillies/20150515_Cole_Hamels_is_a_Philly_institution__but_ for_how_long_.html

Dapper Dan
05-15-2015, 06:43 PM
I might be going to see the Reds and Rockies on the 25th.

MOtorboat
05-18-2015, 12:10 PM
The Critter.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/mat-latos-throws-a-pitch-that-nobody-else-has-thrown/

Dapper Dan
05-25-2015, 11:45 AM
I made it to the game but it's gonna rain.

Dapper Dan
05-25-2015, 11:48 AM

Poet
05-25-2015, 02:49 PM
They're playing so poorly maybe it's better that it gets rained out.

Dapper Dan
05-25-2015, 03:15 PM
Dang. So close. I was hoping for the rally. The streak is still going. Frazier has a homer in every game I've been to.

MOtorboat
05-25-2015, 06:52 PM
They're playing so poorly maybe it's better that it gets rained out.

If you think the Reds are bad, watch the Rockies for a few weeks.

Dapper Dan
05-25-2015, 06:56 PM
I can't stand Jason Marquis.

Dapper Dan
05-25-2015, 06:57 PM
That Troy Tulololololawski dude pinched hit in the 9th

MOtorboat
05-25-2015, 06:57 PM
I can't stand Jason Marquis.

Yeah, I didn't realize he was in the Reds rotation until last week. I can see how that is brutal.

Dapper Dan
05-25-2015, 07:14 PM
Yeah, I didn't realize he was in the Reds rotation until last week. I can see how that is brutal.

I cannot think of the guy without thinking about him as a Cardinal. That, and he sucks.

MOtorboat
05-25-2015, 07:48 PM
I cannot think of the guy without thinking about him as a Cardinal. That, and he sucks.

I think he's played for nine teams now.

Buff
05-26-2015, 10:16 AM
Two things about the Reds:

1.) I'm really sweating this Johhny Cueto elbow examination. That would be a kick to my fantasy team's balls if he needs Tommy John.
2.) I was watching Jason Marquis yesterday thinking about how it's an interesting phenomenon in baseball where these mediocre-to-below-average pitchers can have really nice long careers because it's such a specialized role that so few can do effectively.

weazel
05-26-2015, 03:03 PM
If you think the Reds are bad, watch the Rockies for a few weeks.

Blue Jay pitchers say hi

MOtorboat
05-26-2015, 03:17 PM
Blue Jay pitchers say hi

Hutchison pitched a complete game 4-hitter last night. I don't think the Rockies have had a complete game for possibly seasons.

chazoe60
05-26-2015, 03:29 PM
Hutchison pitched a complete game 4-hitter last night. I don't think the Rockies have had a complete game for possibly seasons.

Tyler Matzek threw a complete game 2 or 3 hit shutout last September. Chad Bettic threw a very nice 8.1 2 run game just the other night. But yeah, for the most part our pitching is horrendous.

MOtorboat
05-26-2015, 03:33 PM
Tyler Matzek threw a complete game 2 or 3 hit shutout last September. Chad Bettic threw a very nice 8.1 2 run game just the other night. But yeah, for the most part our pitching is horrendous.

I just found the Matzek one. It was the only 9 inning shutout for the Rockies last year. Butler has a complete game on his stat sheet this year, but hasn't pitched more than 6 innings, so that must be one of the rain-shortened games.

MOtorboat
05-26-2015, 03:35 PM
Colorado has the highest ERA in the league by almost a half a run per game.

chazoe60
05-26-2015, 03:36 PM
I just found the Matzek one. It was the only 9 inning shutout for the Rockies last year. Butler has a complete game on his stat sheet this year, but hasn't pitched more than 6 innings, so that must be one of the rain-shortened games.

Yeah Butler pitched all of the 5+ inning game that was called for rain. I think Butler should go back down he's not ready yet. I loved what Bettis did the other night and that Hale kid pitched a pretty damn good game too. I want to see Matzek come back, he killed it in his last ten starts before the walk-a-thon that got him sent back down.

Buff
05-26-2015, 04:12 PM
Yeah Butler pitched all of the 5+ inning game that was called for rain. I think Butler should go back down he's not ready yet. I loved what Bettis did the other night and that Hale kid pitched a pretty damn good game too. I want to see Matzek come back, he killed it in his last ten starts before the walk-a-thon that got him sent back down.

Butler is hot garbage. I don't even know what he's supposed to do well. He has shown absolutely nothing, and has had precisely zero flashes of competence.

All I've seen him do is get consistently destroyed. If there was ever any doubt as to what this franchise needs to do, it's way past time to blow it up and try to trade for actual established quality MLB pitchers.

MOtorboat
05-26-2015, 04:13 PM
Butler is hot garbage. I don't even know what he's supposed to do well. He has shown absolutely nothing, and has had precisely zero flashes of competence.

All I've seen him do is get consistently destroyed. If there was ever any doubt as to what this franchise needs to do, it's way past time to blow it up and try to trade for actual established quality MLB pitchers.

It does have trouble developing them.

weazel
05-27-2015, 11:15 AM
Colorado has the highest ERA in the league by almost a half a run per game.

the park can contribute to that too though.

Buff
05-27-2015, 11:21 AM
the park can contribute to that too though.

Yeah, but mostly it's talentless pitching staff.

chazoe60
05-27-2015, 08:48 PM
Bryce Harper with another HR. Rockies had a day game so Chuck and I are watching the Nats/Cubs on MLB TV, after 2 hours of baseball practice.

chazoe60
05-27-2015, 08:51 PM
I've watched a lot of Cubs games and maybe I'm wrong but Starlin Castro strikes me as a terrible defensive SS.

MOtorboat
05-27-2015, 08:57 PM
I've watched a lot of Cubs games and maybe I'm wrong but Starlin Castro strikes me as a terrible defensive SS.

You would be correct.

Poet
05-27-2015, 09:00 PM
Fire Jocketty.

Buff
05-27-2015, 09:53 PM

I think his reputation is a guy who can make amazing plays, but often screws up routine ones.

chazoe60
05-27-2015, 09:54 PM
He just committed his second error of the night.

MOtorboat
06-01-2015, 08:31 PM
Lol. Starlin Castro just blasted a moon shot and took a slow trot around the bases and the Marlins announcers said "It's a good thing Brian McCann isn't here."

McCann is such a douche.

Buff
06-01-2015, 08:43 PM
Lol. Starlin Castro just blasted a moon shot and took a slow trot around the bases and the Marlins announcers said "It's a good thing Brian McCann isn't here."

McCann is such a douche.

http://www.fangraphs.com/not/brian-mccann-fun-police/

chazoe60
06-02-2015, 06:52 AM

McCann is such a douche.
And how many errors did Castro commit in the next half inning? #shortstopsshouldfield