PDA

View Full Version : Kubiak’s trust, respect leaves positive impact on players

Denver Native (Carol)
01-23-2015, 02:24 PM
PHOENIX — When you watch Houston's defensive dynamo J.J. Watt play, you get the sense he doesn't like quarterbacks very much. However, I do know there was at least one he particularly liked: his first head coach, Gary Kubiak, the former Broncos quarterback and Denver’s new head coach.

"Coach Kubiak’s a great man and a very good coach," Watt said. "I really respect him. He’s a guy who I will always be— I mean, he drafted me. So I’m very fortunate for that. But he’s a great man, he’s a great coach and I think he’s going to have success, so I’m happy for him."

Kubiak has garnered praise for his coaching prowess and people skills.

You really needn't look any further for proof than Justin Forsett, Kubiak's Pro Bowl running back from the Ravens this past season. Forsett feels somewhat indebted to Kubiak, who helped bring him to Baltimore from Houston after he played for him there previously.

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Kubiak%E2%80%99s-trust-respect-leaves-positive-impact-on-players/b68458a6-4b4a-43b6-8283-97cedb5b17ff

vettesplus
01-23-2015, 02:42 PM
no matter how hard you look or how deep you dig it seems that there is really nothing bad to say about kub, just a great human being in my books....:2thumbs:

Denver Native (Carol)
01-23-2015, 02:46 PM
from same article:

With his history as a player, Kubiak knows the players' perspective and that's another thing that endeared him to Watt.

"He’s a type of guy who—he’s played in the league obviously—he’s had success in the league so he knows how to take care of his guys," Watt said. "When a coach is like that, he takes care of his players. You want to play for him. So I think he’ll be very successful."

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Kubiak%E2%80%99s-trust-respect-leaves-positive-impact-on-players/b68458a6-4b4a-43b6-8283-97cedb5b17ff

Joel
01-23-2015, 04:04 PM
Everything that's being said about Kubiak (which is plenty) argues for that ideal coaching style that's supportive while demanding the excellence that combination delivers. Everyone's in it together, but no one gets a free pass; anyone shirking or otherwise underperforming gets squared away fast or out of town, but no one's berated or demeaned. Small wonder all his former players say things like they'd take a bullet or run through a brick wall for him. Smart money says that and the resulting consistent record of great production had far more to do with Elway hiring him than did the close friendship Kubes style created.