PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' Gary Kubiak is fine with John Elway's high expectations

Denver Native (Carol)
01-21-2015, 06:10 PM
some things from article:

All his mass media commitments were completed. He had properly introduced new head coach Gary Kubiak with pronouncements of better days ahead.

The bright lights had dimmed, the crowd had disappeared and John Elway was standing at a stairwell that led to his upstairs office at Broncos' headquarters.

"I didn't hire Gary Kubiak because he's my buddy," Elway said. "I hired him because he's the best man for the job."

Then Elway became the Broncos' general manager in 2011. Kubiak is the second head coach Elway has hired. To his credit, Kubiak understands the layers of the company's organizational pyramid.

"He is the boss," Kubiak said. "Believe me, he's the boss. That's all right. I want to coach. He's the boss."

Elway: Is he difficult to work for?

"Am I difficult to work for?" Elway said, repeating the question to gather his thoughts. "There's no question I have expectations. I do realize for us to win we have to work hard. I do push people. I do like to communicate with people and for people to communicate with me.

"If you make any kind of decisions that you want to do something, all you have to do is tell me why. I want a reason why. I want to know that it is thought through, that when we made this decision it was the best decision we could make. If I don't get a why, then you need to help me here."

full article - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_27358815/broncos-kubiak-is-fine-elways-high-expectations