PDA

View Full Version : pleeeeeease hire wade Phillips for DC.

Jsteve01
01-21-2015, 01:03 AM
Listen this isn't just blind nostalgia talking. There is a huge upside component to hiring Wade. What is it? Stability. Wade is virtually a lock to run a top caliber defense. He always has as a coordinator. I see no reason given the talent on this roster to expect anything less. But the big thing is given his five previous head coaching gigs it's also a lock that no matter how well this team performs no one will hire him as a head coach again.

The hot young candidate is exciting but it's a lose lose scenario. If he pans and is great he's gone three years ala Allen, and we lose continuity while transitioning. If he's mediocre well that speaks for itself and if he's just plain bad well same story. John, and Gary please just make the safe bet and bring Wade home.

MOtorboat
01-21-2015, 01:06 AM
I think the time for that has passed.

Ziggy
01-21-2015, 01:10 AM
Wade would be a great hire. He always runs an aggressive defense that is usually very good. He also won't be leaving for a head coaching position any time soon.

Davii
01-21-2015, 01:38 AM
I think the time for that has passed.

Why's that Mo?

Magnificent Seven
01-21-2015, 02:02 AM
Is Coach Mike Nolan still around?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-21-2015, 02:07 AM
Is Coach Mike Nolan still around?

Yeah, I think he was DC somewhere on the west coast. I don't see him leaVing where he's at for a lateral move.

MOtorboat
01-21-2015, 02:22 AM
Why's that Mo?

I thought Joseph was a done deal until I read further here. My bad.

Timmy!
01-21-2015, 02:29 AM
I'd be all for it, but its not gonna happen.

Joel
01-21-2015, 05:52 AM
I've been hoping for Wade since the moment Fox bailed, and maybe it's more likely with Kubiak, but I'm still not optimistic because I'm unsure if:

1) He still wants to coach

2) He wants to work for not one but TWO former players,

3) He wants to work for the team that fired him and

4) Mr. Bowlen wants to rehire him.

Wade didn't exactly leave on the same warm terms as Kubiak, and watching his successor finally get us to the promised land in just a few years had to be bittersweet. So: Love to see it; not holding my breath.

Lancane
01-21-2015, 10:48 AM
Yeah, I think he was DC somewhere on the west coast. I don't see him leaVing where he's at for a lateral move.

No, he was the DC for Atlanta I think but like Gase here was released with the rest of the staff. He is currently not under contract...or I believe so.

OrangeHoof
01-21-2015, 01:20 PM
Wade still thinks he should be a head coach somewhere. I think his relationship under Kubiak was professional but not warm.

You might get more out of Ware but I've seen Kubiak/Phillips teams before and the words "Super Bowl" didn't emerge from my mouth.