PDA

View Full Version : Gary Kubiak finalizes offensive staff; retains four coaches

Denver Native (Carol)
01-20-2015, 03:24 PM
Before he was even introduced at his news conference, Broncos head coach Gary Kubiak has finished setting the offensive side of his coaching staff.

It helped that he already had quality coaches in place.

The Broncos will retain receivers coach Tyke Tolbert, running backs coach Eric Studesville, strength and conditioning coach Luke Richesson and quarterbacks coach Greg Knapp, according to an NFL source.

Tight ends coach Clancy Barone will shift to offensive line coach. Kubiak also is bringing two assistants with him from the Baltimore Ravens — Rick Dennison and Brian Pariani. Dennison will become the Broncos' offensive coordinator and Pariani the tights end coach.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_27356349/gary-kubiak-finalizes-broncos-offensive-staff-retains-three

I am so glad Studesville will stay

Buff
01-20-2015, 03:34 PM
I was kind of hoping that he'd turn it over completely. Not really a fan of any of his assistant hires so far.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-20-2015, 03:40 PM
I was kind of hoping that he'd turn it over completely. Not really a fan of any of his assistant hires so far.

I would believe John had input on all current coaches, as who would know them better than John. Possibly Kubes wanted John's input.

pnbronco
01-20-2015, 03:40 PM
rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_27356349/gary-kubiak-finalizes-broncos-offensive-staff-retains-three

I am so glad Studesville will stay

I am so happy for Studesville and Barone.....thank you so much for posting this Carol and everything else in this crazy week.

Rick
01-20-2015, 03:48 PM
Seems like a solid offensive staff to me.

With Kubiak, he will be the offensive steering wheel. The other guys just need to be quality experienced coaches that help Kubiak implement the system he wants to run.

Now defense on the other hand...we shall see...

Ziggy
01-20-2015, 03:51 PM
Really glad to see Studesville retained. He's now on his 3rd coaching regime with the Broncos.

chazoe60
01-20-2015, 04:06 PM
I'm glad to see Studs back, and for more reasons than the fact that I just like the guy a lot. He's pretty damn good at what he does. Bobby Turner is the best RB coach ever but I think Studs is damn good too. He seems to have a really good rapport with the players too.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-20-2015, 04:24 PM
I'm glad to see Studs back, and for more reasons than the fact that I just like the guy a lot. He's pretty damn good at what he does. Bobby Turner is the best RB coach ever but I think Studs is damn good too. He seems to have a really good rapport with the players too.

Right after John and Fox "parted ways", CJ stated that he hopes Coach Studesville comes back, as he taught him so much.

Joel
01-20-2015, 04:54 PM
If this is final, who's the QBs coach? The HC or OC? Or is Gase getting SO little interest he'll be demoted to that?

Regarding the other side of the ball, one of those links posted here to a Bears site so we could deride Fox had a thread about an official announcement Fangio is Chicagos DC, so he's off the table for us.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-20-2015, 05:10 PM
Jeff Legwold retweeted
Michael C. Wright @mikecwright · 19m

Joe DeCamillis joining Broncos staff as special teams coach, per source.

VonDoom
01-20-2015, 05:35 PM
Jeff Legwold retweeted

Just saw that. IAOFM said he was our ST coach from 88-92, which I certainly didn't remember. How were our special teams in those days??

Lancane
01-20-2015, 05:53 PM
Jeff Legwold retweeted

Not the greatest choice, actually that is the first questionable addition IMHO. DeCamillis has never stayed anywhere long and the Special Teams in Chicago were horrible.

Lancane
01-20-2015, 05:57 PM
If this is final, who's the QBs coach? The HC or OC? Or is Gase getting SO little interest he'll be demoted to that?

Regarding the other side of the ball, one of those links posted here to a Bears site so we could deride Fox had a thread about an official announcement Fangio is Chicagos DC, so he's off the table for us.

Dennison is OC, Knapp is QB Coach, Tolbert is WR Coach, Barone is OL Coach, Studdesville is RB Coach and Pariani is TE Coach. Gase is pretty much out of a job at the moment, he'll land somewhere.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-20-2015, 05:58 PM
from article:

DeCamillis has been an NFL coach since 1988, and has been a special teams coordinator everywhere he has coached. His first NFL coaching job was with the Denver Broncos, where he was ST coordinator from 1988 through 1992 under Dan Reeves. One feature of the Broncos’ kicking game during that time was the (very) occasional use of Hall of Fame Quarterback and current Broncos’ President John Elway as a drop-kick punter. Such duties once also fell to then-backup QB and new head coach of the Broncos Gary Kubiak. In 1992, the Broncos needed to use four separate punters during the season after injuries to veteran punter Mike Horan.

full article - stating everywhere DeCamillis has been
http://justblogbaby.com/2015/01/19/oakland-raiders-interviewing-special-teams-coach-joe-decamillis/

Obviously, both John and Kubes know him

Lancane
01-20-2015, 06:00 PM
from article:

full article - stating everywhere DeCamillis has been
http://justblogbaby.com/2015/01/19/oakland-raiders-interviewing-special-teams-coach-joe-decamillis/

Obviously, both John and Kubes know him

Still a questionable hire, look at what his units have done. Last year one of Chicago's mainstays on ST said they were not prepared and didn't know where they would go next. I think they were the most penalized unit in the league as well.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-20-2015, 06:08 PM
Vic Lombardi @VicLombardi · 2m

RT @guitar_geek3: another name I've never heard before --->>longtime special teams coach in this league. And he's #WestSide #Arvada

Looks like he is coming home - he was born in Arvada, CO

VonDoom
01-20-2015, 06:09 PM
Still a questionable hire, look at what his units have done. Last year one of Chicago's mainstays on ST said they were not prepared and didn't know where they would go next. I think they were the most penalized unit in the league as well.

Good info, thanks. Doesn't sound encouraging though

Lancane
01-20-2015, 06:12 PM
Good info, thanks. Doesn't sound encouraging though

It's not, so bad was his unit that Chicago fans didn't care who was hired as long as he was gone. I would have let the Raiders have him who were interested in him, I think we jumped the gun on bringing him in. Hell, do you know how many ST Assistants are awaiting their shot to be a ST Coordinator?

Joel
01-20-2015, 06:14 PM
Dennison is OC, Knapp is QB Coach, Tolbert is WR Coach, Barone is OL Coach, Studdesville is RB Coach and Pariani is TE Coach. Gase is pretty much out of a job at the moment, he'll land somewhere.
Opps, right there in blue and white; glad one of us can read. So no more Gase in any capacity: Not the worst news I've had today.

Buff
01-20-2015, 06:18 PM
Not very inspired by all of the convenience/relationship hires. For all of Fox's faults, I always felt like he was getting the best assistants available regardless of affiliation.

It feels like we are just getting the band back together.

Buff
01-20-2015, 06:19 PM
Also, I don't like the anti-Gase sentiment that seems to be permeating around here. He was more valuable than Studesville ever was, yet we hero worship that guy because he's survived a few regimes and is a nice guy.

elsid13
01-20-2015, 06:20 PM
Not very inspired by all of the convenience/relationship hires. For all of Fox's faults, I always felt like he was getting the best assistants available regardless of affiliation.

It feels like we are just getting the band back together.

That what Fox did with Del Rio, Gase, and offense line coach. All the guys where tied to him somehow. But that how it works in NFL, the same coaches stick together.

Buff
01-20-2015, 06:24 PM
That what Fox did with Del Rio, Gase, and offense line coach. All the guys where tied to him somehow. But that how it works in NFL, the same coaches stick together.

Well it's a little tricky because Fox is 1000 years old and tied to everybody in the league. So maybe he just had an advantage in that regard. But whether it was Allen or Del Rio, McCoy, Gase, Knapp, etc. We always had an impressive stable of assistants that were coveted by other teams. Right now it feels more like the Oakland Raider approach of focusing only on guys with ties to the organization.

chazoe60
01-20-2015, 06:28 PM
Also, I don't like the anti-Gase sentiment that seems to be permeating around here. He was more valuable than Studesville ever was, yet we hero worship that guy because he's survived a few regimes and is a nice guy.
I for one am not anti-Gase I just realize his and Kubes' philosophies don't necessarily mesh. I wish Gase nothing but the best.

shank
01-20-2015, 06:35 PM
I for one am not anti-Gase I just realize his and Kubes' philosophies don't necessarily mesh. I wish Gase nothing but the best.

I wish buff nothing by itchy *******.

chazoe60
01-20-2015, 06:38 PM
And short arms

underrated29
01-20-2015, 06:39 PM
I wish gase a successful career. He needs to learn how to game plan better and also how to adjust. He is extremely poor at this. I also think his playcalling this year has been near mike mccoy awful. Injury to Peyton or not, it was drastically bad. I do not see how this can be argued otherwise either. That said, Gase is young and has only done this twice- I think most in the league will understand this and he will get his shot to bounce back.

Rick
01-20-2015, 06:40 PM
Only hire I have seen him make so far that is a little bit of a "huh?" is the STC. Still worried about defense though.

Buff
01-20-2015, 06:42 PM

Can I be your date to Garth Brooks? We could get matching cowboy hats and wear them.

pulse
01-20-2015, 06:42 PM
Gase was already a great coach before Manning came to Denver. He's had three additional years of gaining experience with a master offensive mind. I would say only insiders and the team really knows what happened after the St. Louis game but a change in philosophy is a change in philosophy. We don't even know if the rumored grind between he and Fox has substance. I'm certainly not bashing him. I wish him the best. If he doesn't land an OC job this year, I think it's only a matter of time he's a head coach. Perhaps that might be on the collegiate level first. But I have little doubt that he will be a household name for many years to come.

chazoe60
01-20-2015, 06:43 PM
Can I be your date to Garth Brooks? We could get matching cowboy hats and wear them.

And assless chaps