PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' Press Conference today - 1-20

Denver Native (Carol)
01-20-2015, 01:51 PM
When you go to the Broncos' website, it automatically is there.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/

Lancane
01-20-2015, 01:55 PM
5 minutes...

GEM
01-20-2015, 01:56 PM
Thanks, Carol! Knew I could count on you to post it so I wouldn't have to search! :D

Lancane
01-20-2015, 02:10 PM
Man...love Kubiak's emotions.

TimHippo
01-20-2015, 02:12 PM
Man...love Kubiak's emotions.

Beertoast!

pnbronco
01-20-2015, 02:13 PM
What a class act to start out by thanking the Ravens. Oh man just watching him talk is making me tear up. You can hear in his voice how much he appreciates this and feels like this is home. I'm really liking what I'm hearing.

Hardwired
01-20-2015, 02:14 PM
I really enjoy listening to him compared to Fox. Kubiak actually says something worth listening to.

Northman
01-20-2015, 02:15 PM
What a class act to start out by thanking the Ravens. Oh man just watching him talk is making me tear up. You can hear in his voice how much he appreciates this and feels like this is home. I'm really liking what I'm hearing.

Im jelly. Wish i was able to watch.

Lancane
01-20-2015, 02:32 PM
Damn, Elway got heated there for a moment....whew!

TXBRONC
01-20-2015, 02:35 PM

I was just thinking the same thing.

Northman
01-20-2015, 02:37 PM
I actually gave in at work and tuned in. lol

Glad John still shows confidence in Brock.

Northman
01-20-2015, 02:37 PM

WOOOOOOOOOOO!

http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/superstar_bio/public/talent/bio/2012/01/ric-flair-bio.png

tubby
01-20-2015, 02:38 PM
Kiz is such a bytch

Buff
01-20-2015, 02:42 PM

Kiz is such a bytch

What happened? Stuck on a conference call.

Lancane
01-20-2015, 02:43 PM
Man, Elway scared a couple of the media members...I think one of them might crap his pants...lol.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-20-2015, 02:43 PM
I think it was Kubes who said that there is some personal stuff going on in Peyton's life. Can only wonder what that might be.

Northman
01-20-2015, 02:46 PM
Man, Elway scared a couple of the media members...I think one of them might crap his pants...lol.

The Duke dont play around.... lmao

Denver Native (Carol)
01-20-2015, 02:46 PM

One of the people said something like if you don't meet expectations, a coach is fired - and John said OR part ways.

Lancane
01-20-2015, 02:47 PM
I think it was Kubes who said that there is some personal stuff going on in Peyton's life. Can only wonder what that might be.

Could be that his family wants him to retire whereas he is not sure or vice versa, it's a common theme for pro athletes, coaches, etc. Unless his dad or someone has become ill which is also plausible.

GEM

That reporter pissed him off. :laugh: The vein in his forehead was twitching!

TXBRONC

Btw did you catch the bit about Manning's involvement in the process of selecting a new head coach?

tubby
01-20-2015, 02:48 PM

Putting words in Elway’s mouth and using his own interpretation of events as fact. Elway called him out on it in a not so friendly manner.

pnbronco
01-20-2015, 02:49 PM
That reporter pissed him off. :laugh: The vein in his forehead was twitching!

I liked it myself.....I liked it that he reminded them that there are a lot of players in that locker room and that they matter too, heck he even mentioned the practice squad.

MileHighCrew
01-20-2015, 02:49 PM
I hope they post the entire thing so I can watch when I get home from work

Lancane
01-20-2015, 02:50 PM
Elway just sold the organization to all free agents when he said "it's not about just Manning, it's about those other 52 players, the guys on the practice squad, anyone with a contract is just as important."

pnbronco
01-20-2015, 02:51 PM
Elway just sold the organization to all free agents when he said "it's not about just Manning, it's about those other 52 players, the guys on the practice squad, anyone with a contract is just as important."

Great minds think alike.....:D

Rick
01-20-2015, 02:53 PM
Was a great press conference. Can't wait to watch it again when not at work and can pay more attention to it.

CoachChaz
01-20-2015, 02:54 PM

I think this and his comments about the money will be there...but it's the memories of competing for a championship that will be valued the most were a big play for Free Agents.

Lancane
01-20-2015, 02:55 PM
Most memorable thing though is Kubiak's emotions on having the opportunity and on returning home. I even got choked up which is not like me at all.

TXBRONC
01-20-2015, 02:56 PM

Remember there has been a lot of speculation that the team is giving to much leeway to Manning. So it's subtle message all 60 some odd players that are on the team.

underrated29
01-20-2015, 02:56 PM
Was a great press conference. Can't wait to watch it again when not at work and can pay more attention to it.

Holy Shit it must have been a good press conference!!

TXBRONC
01-20-2015, 02:59 PM

It was a very news conference. There were a couple places were John was a little salty.

Northman
01-20-2015, 03:03 PM
It was a very news conference. There were a couple places were John was a little salty.

Bwhhahahahahahahahaa Love it. Salty. hhaa

GEM
01-20-2015, 03:04 PM
I liked it myself.....I liked it that he reminded them that there are a lot of players in that locker room and that they matter too, heck he even mentioned the practice squad.

That was one of the key things that I liked as well!

Rick
01-20-2015, 03:06 PM

It was a very good conference, but mostly I am just excited about the new season.

Gary coming home is just awesome, I always wanted him to be the guy that succeeded Mike in the years before Gary left. Then Gary leaves, Mike gets fired, then the Josh fiascoes and a changing offense, Josh gets fired, Fox comes in and offense changes even more.

Gary coming back is a return to the product I loved to watch on Sundays.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-20-2015, 03:25 PM
Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 1h

Broncos guard Ben Garland attending press conference wearing military fatigues. He's serving with Air Force National Guard Reserves

NightTrainLayne
01-20-2015, 04:00 PM
I was able to listen to the main comments from Elway and Kubiak on Sirius/XM NFL channel, but they went away relatively soon after the questions started.

I wish I would have heard Elway's confrontation with the reporter regarding "parting ways" with Fox, and all the context around it.

GEM
01-20-2015, 04:01 PM
I was able to listen to the main comments from Elway and Kubiak on Sirius/XM NFL channel, but they went away relatively soon after the questions started.

I wish I would have heard Elway's confrontation with the reporter regarding "parting ways" with Fox, and all the context around it.

denverbroncos.com usually posts the pressers on their site.

chazoe60
01-20-2015, 04:02 PM
Can't wait to listen to this on my way back to the shop in about a half hour or so. I hope 104.3 has a podcast of it, they usually do.

CoachChaz
01-20-2015, 04:08 PM
The Elway anger is being blown out of proportion as it pertains to the comment about a coach being fired. If anyone plans on going out of their way to see the conference because of that aspect...you'll be disappointed.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-20-2015, 04:25 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 55m

Just interviewed Kubiak in this room. He made it pretty clear, a great offense starts in this room. pic.twitter.com/vhqXjUWVvL

silkamilkamonico
01-20-2015, 04:31 PM
Wish we could move on from all the offesne talk. We've already had a great one in place here the last 3 years. How does Kubiak go about changing the culture of the organization from a soft one to one that can compete in big games when it matters? Work in progress.

Lancane
01-20-2015, 04:45 PM
The Elway anger is being blown out of proportion as it pertains to the comment about a coach being fired. If anyone plans on going out of their way to see the conference because of that aspect...you'll be disappointed.

Why? I wasn't...lol.

GEM
01-20-2015, 04:45 PM

Nah, it was worth it, but you have to watch it, not just listen. He was flustered, but handled it very well.

Slick
01-20-2015, 04:48 PM
Wish we could move on from all the offesne talk. We've already had a great one in place here the last 3 years. How does Kubiak go about changing the culture of the organization from a soft one to one that can compete in big games when it matters? Work in progress.

Agreed, although talk is cheap. We're in for fluff pieces all off season long. We won't really know anything until we see them play.

silkamilkamonico
01-20-2015, 04:50 PM
Agreed, although talk is cheap. We're in for fluff pieces all off season long. We won't really know anything until we see them play.

Yep - for me, I will have to wait really for the playoffs. We've already been King of the AFCWest for 4 seasons now. I expect that at this point. A new offense and coach with another AFCWEst championship isn't going to do anything. And we don't even need to win playoff games. Just compete and show that we belong in them, and will actually fight when things don't go our way.

CoachChaz
01-20-2015, 04:52 PM
Why? I wasn't...lol.

Nah, it was worth it, but you have to watch it, not just listen. He was flustered, but handled it very well.

It was funny for a moment, but some of the comments here are making it out to be something much bigger than what it was. My opinion anyway

silkamilkamonico
01-20-2015, 04:54 PM
It was funny for a moment, but some of the comments here are making it out to be something much bigger than what it was. My opinion anyway

DId something happen? I didn't watch the press conference.

Lancane
01-20-2015, 05:01 PM

A great one that sputtered often in key games. The culture is fine, because I think most know the culture, especially now that Elway has really set the bar - is get it done or get gone. But regarding the lack of competitiveness, both he and Elway touched on it. That you need likeminded coaches that are just as committed and involved, that all are accountable and that you have to show players that while they might be tired the goal is worth it in the end. According to Dreessen he'd take a bullet for Coach Kubiak, he also said that was a comment sentiment among his teammates. Most of those aspects are something Carroll and Belichick are known for, making players self aware of their place on the team as well as letting them know that they all are important to the success of the organization. Arrington said this morning that Carroll gets his players to buy into his game plans and philosophy, makes you want to be a part of it.

Lancane
01-20-2015, 05:04 PM

We usually see that from coaches like Rex Ryan and not usually from General Managers. But as I always say we're all each entitled to our opinions.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-20-2015, 05:07 PM
Kubiak introduced as head coach
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Kubiak-introduced-as-head-coach/b154ff0a-07ee-49b6-84e4-67c1e2107e62

Elway on why Kubiak was ‘perfect fit’
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Elway_on_why_Kubiak_was_perfect_fit/ea2589b9-917e-4ea6-8b11-daeeee46c42d

Kubiak embraces opportunity
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Kubiak_embraces_opportunity/9ae96f6e-d830-4aee-bb36-25405db6997e

silkamilkamonico
01-20-2015, 05:08 PM
A great one that sputtered often in key games. The culture is fine, because I think most know the culture, especially now that Elway has really set the bar - is get it done or get gone. But regarding the lack of competitiveness, both he and Elway touched on it. That you need likeminded coaches that are just as committed and involved, that all are accountable and that you have to show players that while they might be tired the goal is worth it in the end. According to Dreessen he'd take a bullet for Coach Kubiak, he also said that was a comment sentiment among his teammates. Most of those aspects are something Carroll and Belichick are known for, making players self aware of their place on the team as well as letting them know that they all are important to the success of the organization. Arrington said this morning that Carroll gets his players to buy into his game plans and philosophy, makes you want to be a part of it.

The culture is soft, and full of player that don't compete in big games when things get tough. And if I have to listen to more talk from our best CB who graded out to be the best in the NFL say how we probably were'nt going to win the game because our 40 year old QB is hobbled even more, makes me question if we even have the right players in place. And the culture isn't all of a sudden fine because Elway says it is, it's fine when the break through in those games and don't embarass themselves.

Carroll has got it done on the field, I don't see how that's even a relevant comparison. Every coach and organization tries the buying in mehtod. Apparently these players bought into Fox, and you could see that with their responses when he was fired, but that di8dn't fix anything in the 4 embarrassing playoff losses.

Rick
01-20-2015, 05:09 PM
We had a great offense but a great offense that managed 21 points combined in it's last 2 playoff games.

Last 2 playoff games Gary was involved with the team scored 61 combined.

P.S., press conference has been uploaded to denverbroncos.com.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-20-2015, 05:13 PM
Andrew Mason retweeted
Ben Garland @BenGarland63 · 2h

It was great getting to meet Coach Kubiak. I'm excited for this opportunity to play for him. Broncos country is lucky to have him.

Northman
01-20-2015, 05:16 PM
The Broncos do need more mental fortitude but i have confidence that Kubes and Elway can get us to that point.

silkamilkamonico
01-20-2015, 05:18 PM
We had a great offense but a great offense that managed 21 points combined in it's last 2 playoff games.

Last 2 playoff games Gary was involved with the team scored 61 combined.

P.S., press conference has been uploaded to denverbroncos.com.

The last 4 playoff losses Denver has been outscored something like 155-66. I think some people are just sick of it and want to have a performance we can feel good about.

And to me it doesn't really matter what Kubiak did in Houston, because if I go back and look, it looks very similiar to John Fox.

So lets hope he can go and right this ship. Like any hire, you are going to have supporters, and doubters. What happens on the field over the next couple years will bring both together anyways.

EastCoastBronco
01-20-2015, 05:21 PM
Bring back Romanowski to coach the linebackers and Alex Gibbs full time and I'll start believing in our ability to dominate other teams for 60 minutes again...;-)

Rick
01-20-2015, 05:25 PM
The last 4 playoff losses Denver has been outscored something like 155-66. I think some people are just sick of it and want to have a performance we can feel good about.

And to me it doesn't really matter what Kubiak did in Houston, because if I go back and look, it looks very similiar to John Fox.

So lets hope he can go and right this ship. Like any hire, you are going to have supporters, and doubters. What happens on the field over the next couple years will bring both together anyways.

I wasn't talking about Houston, I was talking about the 2 Ravens games he was the OC for this year in the playoffs when they scored 30 and 31.

It is all relative though, and maybe we end up no better. I for one am excited about it though :) It however will not matter if he doesn't bring in a quality DC, it will be just like the Shanny days if no DC.

Northman
01-20-2015, 05:27 PM
I wasn't talking about Houston, I was talking about the 2 Ravens games he was the OC for this year in the playoffs when they scored 30 and 31.

It is all relative though, and maybe we end up no better. I for one am excited about it though :) It however will not matter if he doesn't bring in a quality DC, it will be just like the Shanny days if no DC.

Im excited too, if nothing more than i know that Kubes will be more creative on the offensive side of the ball. Just need to get that DC setup and get a little more attitude and i think we will be good to go.

Joel
01-20-2015, 05:34 PM
Team site also has an articlish quote from John McClain (from the Houston Chronicles NFL beat, not "Die Hard") which I found interesting: http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Houston-Chronicle%E2%80%99s-John-McClain-on-Gary-Kubiak/8f6b37eb-7f7d-41d1-9250-2c5927ae772b

Perhaps most revealing was what Kubiak rarely reveals publicly:
Frank Bush, one of his former coaches in Denver, who was a coach with him here, used to tell me, ‘Man, the Kubes you guys see is not the Kubes we see.’ When he’s behind the scenes, he’s emotional, he’s intense, he’s inspiring and that’s the way people say here that he was. There’s going to be no problem to get people fired up behind the scenes.”
That's always been my impression of Kubiak, too; he's not a cheerleader like Fox was, but we know too well that doesn't translate into motivation. Maybe the pressure was less as OC, or maybe the cameras were just on Shanny more as HC, but Kubiak always looked a lot more broody and intense on the Texans sidelines.

The other big thing that keeps coming out in ALL statements from his former players and coaches is that he's far from passive but also far from abusive: He gets his players respect—ALL of it—by earning it rather than berating them. Not that he won't chew them out like a gristly steak when needed, but he knows how to stay on a players case demanding and getting his best without making the guy hate him—just the opposite. Another quoted quote from the article:

I used to have players say, ‘Man, when I was going to be called out in the meeting room, where we watched the tape after the game, I wanted to sink and become about 100 times smaller because I knew two things: He was going to be tough on me, tough but fair. But [I was] also going to let him down.’

Players don’t want to let him down.

silkamilkamonico
01-20-2015, 05:37 PM

John Harbaugh does an excellent job getting that team to play tough. WE know by firsthand experience.

Joel
01-20-2015, 05:57 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 55m

Just interviewed Kubiak in this room. He made it pretty clear, a great offense starts in this room. pic.twitter.com/vhqXjUWVvL
THIS is why I'm a Broncos fan. No way in :censored: we come out next season with the five Ferdinand the Bulls who cost us a SB. The one and only thing they have going for them is size and strength, so if they can find the agility and will to play a ZBS and show up 60:00/week, anyone who doesn't want a premature burial better stay out of their way. But I'm just as confident any of them who can't or won't do what it takes will be replaced by someone who can and will. To use a tired phrase, Kubiak just gets it, knows the best "skill" players ever can't do jack with the D swarming them.

If willing and able, Manning just might finish his contract and win another SB yet. Either way, our offense just got a lot scarier overnight.

GEM
01-20-2015, 06:06 PM
Bring back Romanowski to coach the linebackers and Alex Gibbs full time and I'll start believing in our ability to dominate other teams for 60 minutes again...;-)

I'll take Gradishar or Mecklenberg over Romo. All Romo would do is sell them some supplements.

Lancane
01-20-2015, 06:14 PM
I'll take Gradishar or Mecklenberg over Romo. All Romo would do is sell them some supplements.

Not that, that is bad...if they played like him. I am all for supplemental usage, so are the Seahawks! :rofl:

Denver Native (Carol)
01-20-2015, 06:33 PM
Rod Mackey retweeted
mark schlereth @markschlereth · 14m

I love the Kubiak hire but I'm biased cuz I love the man!

chazoe60
01-20-2015, 06:37 PM
Team site also has an articlish quote from John McClain (from the Houston Chronicles NFL beat, not "Die Hard") which I found interesting: http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Houston-Chronicle%E2%80%99s-John-McClain-on-Gary-Kubiak/8f6b37eb-7f7d-41d1-9250-2c5927ae772b

Perhaps most revealing was what Kubiak rarely reveals publicly:
That's always been my impression of Kubiak, too; he's not a cheerleader like Fox was, but we know too well that doesn't translate into motivation. Maybe the pressure was less as OC, or maybe the cameras were just on Shanny more as HC, but Kubiak always looked a lot more broody and intense on the Texans sidelines.

The other big thing that keeps coming out in ALL statements from his former players and coaches is that he's far from passive but also far from abusive: He gets his players respect—ALL of it—by earning it rather than berating them. Not that he won't chew them out like a gristly steak when needed, but he knows how to stay on a players case demanding and getting his best without making the guy hate him—just the opposite. Another quoted quote from the article:
Sounds a lot like how people describe Bill Belichick.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-20-2015, 06:37 PM
Emmanuel Sanders @ESanders_10 · 2h

Deep crosser & man beater routes RT @AustinPearn08 How do your talents and skill set fit under Gary Kubiaks system? #AskE

Emmanuel Sanders @ESanders_10 · 4h

😁😁😁😁😁 great offensive mind & motivator. ready to work! #imopen RT @Kenzhope how do you feel about the new coaching decision? #AskE

Denver Native (Carol)
01-20-2015, 06:53 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_27358098/transcript-gary-kubiak-john-elway-joe-ellis-bronco-press-conference

Joel
01-20-2015, 07:23 PM
And snapping fingers at the bottom of piles where no refs were around, or dislocating former teammates arms to take them out of games, or shattering the eye sockets and ending the careers of CURRENT teammates over something that happened in CAMP. That dude's gonna go full Aaron Hernandez/OJ Simpson one day; just a matter of time.

Not that, that is bad...if they played like him. I am all for supplemental usage, so are the Seahawks! :rofl:
Who do you think Carrolls USC and Seattle teams got them from in the first place? "If you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin'"

Denver Native (Carol)
01-20-2015, 09:04 PM
Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 1h

This is a tricky time for Broncos with Peyton Manning getting up there and new coaching staff. Today brought some reassurance

Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 1h

Liked the way Kubiak talked without notes. Comfortable in his own skin

Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 1h

Broncos had 5 players attend presser-Brandon Marshall Ben Garland Shaq Barrett Brandon McManus Virgil Green

Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 1h

Impressions-Gary Kubiak thanked Pat BOWLEN multiple times. When you think of it Kubiak knew BOWLEN way more than John Fox did.

Joel
01-20-2015, 09:34 PM
Yes and no. Belicheat doesn't scream in peoples faces either, because it would diminish his gravitas (two things his protege clearly never realized,) but he's notoriously capricious, even vindictive, in way I've never seen in or attributed to Kubiak. Kubes wouldn't cut a key starter for missing meeting, nor bench a guy who's 5 minutes late to one a week after a 200 yd game. That kind of stuff's not just disciplinary, it's egotism and power-tripping: "However good anyone is, I'M so good I don't need them to win; it puts the lotion on its skin, or it gets the hose again...."

People won't "take a bullet" or "run through walls" for THAT crap, nor for the Patriot Way that tosses franchise players on the rubbish heap the moment they dare ask for what they've earned so they're not living on the street when too old to play a game that's made them incapable of remembering their own name or walking. I doubt Belicheat's ever uttered remarks like Kubiaks to the players about being himself and everyone being in it together, or the importance of assistants playing a role rather than the HC always being out in front while they silently do as told.

Belicheats players respect his RESULTS, but I'm unsure many respect him as a PERSON, because he doesn't return the favor. Everyone's supposed to just be grateful he deigns to let them ride his coattails.

Hawgdriver
01-20-2015, 09:38 PM
There were a couple places were John was a little salty.

It's time for salt. F yeah. Didn't see it, but by y'alls reaction, great stuff.

TimHippo
01-20-2015, 10:11 PM
Got rid of the two milquetoasts and bringing in the Beertoast. Great day!

Denver Native (Carol)
01-21-2015, 01:46 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (CBS4) – The wife of new Denver Broncos head coach Gary Kubiak’s says moving back to Colorado is like coming home.

Rhonda Kubiak and her husband were newlyweds in this state and their three sons were born and raised here.

Even so, she told CBS4’s Suzanne McCarroll that after Kubiak’s recent health problems, she can’t help but worry a little bit about her husband.

AND

McCarroll asked “Did you have any reservations about this position in Colorado?”

“Zero,” Rhonda said. “It’s a no-brainer. It’s just like Kube said. It’s home.”

full article - plus video - http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/01/21/rhonda-kubiak/

It's not in this article - but in one of the other interviews Rhonda did - she said that she needs to tell something on her sister - her sister says - "there's the right way, there's the wrong way, and there's ELWAY

Joel
01-21-2015, 02:00 PM
Got rid of the two milquetoasts and bringing in the Beertoast. Great day!
I believe the technical term for beertoast is "pretzel." ;)

Simple Jaded
01-21-2015, 10:16 PM

Cool, I think Manning could benefit from under inflated footballs.