PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning has March 9 deadline to make career decision

Denver Native (Carol)
01-19-2015, 09:32 PM
Whatever Peyton Manning decides about his future, he must decide by March 9.

The NFL's all-time leader with 530 touchdown passes, Manning finished his third season with the Broncos, 17th in the league, by saying he needed more time to consider whether to return for another year.

Broncos general manager John Elway and chief executive officer Joe Ellis have emphatically stated they want Manning back but are willing to give him time to think it through.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_27351781/peyton-manning-has-march-9-deadline-make-decision

DenBronx
01-19-2015, 10:22 PM
That would suck if he took that long but at least it wouldn't be as bad as Favre. Brett would wait until late in training camp.

BroncoWave
01-19-2015, 10:26 PM
That would suck if he took that long but at least it wouldn't be as bad as Favre. Brett would wait until late in training camp.

Manning has a ton of respect for Elway and just the game in general. He will let them know in a timely manner what his decision is. He won't leave us hanging out to dry IMO.

I'm sure Elway is already scouting QBs just incase anyway, so even if Manning does wait to the deadline and decide to retire, Elway will be ready.

tomjonesrocks
01-19-2015, 10:47 PM
Hopefully a call from Kubiak will charge his batteries a bit.

FanInAZ
01-19-2015, 11:28 PM

Like I said in the other thread, I just don't want to get "Favred." Just let us know before the start FA.

Lancane
01-20-2015, 02:52 AM
Like I said in the other thread, I just don't want to get "Favred." Just let us know before the start FA.

I think he will or IMHO Elway will make the choice, I don't see him letting Denver be on the hook for 19 million out of respect.

TXBRONC
01-20-2015, 08:08 AM
I think he will or IMHO Elway will make the choice, I don't see him letting Denver be on the hook for 19 million out of respect.

I agree I don't think Manning leave Denver hanging and if he did I don't see allowing the Broncos eat $19 million just because he thinks Manning is a swell guy.

Joel
01-20-2015, 08:26 PM
No way that happens: The one thing Elway's underscored more than anything is that EVERYTHING takes a backseat to winning, not just game or division titles, but championships, and the last is such a demanding delicate process NOTHING that jeopardizes it can be tolerated. We have too many key FA decisions imminent to go on the hook for another $19 million in cap money just HOPING our QB doesn't call up the next day and say he's done. And I also agree with Wave that Manning won't force his hand that way, not least because he's smart enough to know the result.

Hopefully a call from Kubiak will charge his batteries a bit.
According to his presser, Kubes and Manning have already talked at length several times. Another thing I hadn't considered but he noted in the presser was that, while Elway's the only one onboard with firsthand experience with Mannings situation, Kubiak was deeply involved with Elways in both '98 and '99: Both times, our OC was the one sent to have The Talk, after having discussed it often and at length with Elway during the season; the first time, he knew Elway was coming back long before Elway said so, and the second time Elway told him at the start he was done.