PDA

View Full Version : CJ Anderson to the Pro Bowl

Ziggy
01-19-2015, 08:00 PM
@ProFootballTalk: Le'Veon Bell said two weeks ago he'll play in Pro Bowl if cleared. He hasn't been. He's out and C.J. Anderson is in.

Great news. He was a top 3 back the last half of the season.

DenBronx
01-19-2015, 08:16 PM
Happy for CJ! He earned it! Had he played the whole year as the starter he would have had crazy stats this year.

Joel
01-19-2015, 08:30 PM
Happy for CJ! He earned it! Had he played the whole year as the starter he would have had crazy stats this year.
He nearly hit 900 yds rushing starting less than half the season; if he'd had Ball and Hillmans carries, too, and maintained his average (which was DOWN almost a yard from last year) he'd have been right at 1700 yds. Speaking of his 4.7 yd average, it was the same as DeMarco Murrays. 2014 NFL Rushing Champ DeMarco Murray, who had a FAR better group of blockers.

Congrats to the only guy who showed up for our playoff game: He deserves to still be playing after the way he played the rest of the year. Hopefully he'll still be playing next year, too, just not this week.

MileHighCrew
01-19-2015, 08:34 PM
I hope this carries him through and he can be a top back going forward. Congrats CJ

G_Money
01-19-2015, 08:34 PM
Good for him :salute: tell him to stay healthy. He'll be running like he never has before next year.

BroncoNut
01-19-2015, 08:46 PM
Way to go cj. You deserve it

pnbronco
01-19-2015, 09:08 PM
Congrts CJ....so glad for you!!!!

VonDoom
01-19-2015, 09:26 PM
Denver Post article about it here:

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_27352250/c-j-anderson-joins-pro-bowl-looks-forward

Besides his well deserved trip to the Pro Bowl, he has some positive quotes about Kubiak already:

"I have known about his system for a while, and what he accomplished," Anderson said of Kubiak. "One cut downhill and go get it. It fits me and the offense well. It's always been successful. He knows the team we have and what we can do. I can't wait to get started working with him."

chazoe60
01-19-2015, 10:41 PM
This is great news. My son has been telling me since the PB announcements that CJ should be on the team. He's been very excited about it since I told him. His first words to me were "I told you so."

tomjonesrocks
01-19-2015, 10:44 PM
So 10 Pro Bowlers and one and done.

Good for CJ but that's insane.

Jsteve01
01-19-2015, 11:23 PM
So 10 Pro Bowlers and one and done.

Good for CJ but that's insane.. Fox looks worse every day. Good friend of mine is a huge Panthers fan. The day of the loss to Indy he just looked at me and said, " I told you". Very glad to have Kubiak back

OB
01-19-2015, 11:34 PM
I love CJ. I love his tenacity and heart. I'd use a different word but dang. I got killed for it earlier, and it didn't even rhyme with silk roast. :/

Ziggy
01-20-2015, 04:06 AM
1 fumble in 179 carries. I can't wait to see what he does in the ZBS.

Northman
01-20-2015, 05:13 AM
Even though they got in through the back door im loving that Sanders and Anderson still made it. They both had great years even though CJ's was only a half a year but he was a huge impact for us.

Tebowtime2011
01-20-2015, 05:29 AM
Undrafted free agent in his second year made it to the pro bowl. Gear job he deserves it so much he worked so hard this off season and it's paid off. Keep grinding CJ!!

GEM
01-20-2015, 10:05 AM
Undrafted free agent in his second year made it to the pro bowl. Gear job he deserves it so much he worked so hard this off season and it's paid off. Keep grinding CJ!!

I know coaching staffs want draft picks to be the end all, be all, but I just freaking love when undrafted free agents do it.

Joel
01-20-2015, 02:54 PM
I know coaching staffs want draft picks to be the end all, be all, but I just freaking love when undrafted free agents do it.
In fairness to coaches riding 1st and 2nd round busts, any late round/UDFA they stick in better light it up fast and consistently, or the GM starts demanding to know why his 1st round pick's being wasted on the bench. Kubiak's made a habit of turning late round/UDFA RBs into Pro Bowlers though, so it's hard not to be excited by what he'll do with Anderson, Thompson and maybe even Hillman once they don't have to lead the NFL in yards after contact just to avoid a loss. Congrats to CJ regardless, and (as North said) to Sanders, whose exclusion from the Pro Bowl first team I considered a gross oversight.

GEM
01-20-2015, 03:07 PM
No shit, Joel. I said I love it. It was an opinion. I already know why they want their draft picks to pan out. DUH!

CrazyHorse
01-20-2015, 04:46 PM
He'll be Pro Bowl MVP. I bet he plays with the same effort he did against the Colts.

Joel
01-20-2015, 07:36 PM
No shit, Joel. I said I love it. It was an opinion. I already know why they want their draft picks to pan out. DUH!
Sorry, the wording gave me the impression you thought it simply ego. I suspect it often is for coaches who double as GMs, but the rest sometimes have no choice.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-22-2015, 12:40 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 39m

These are the narrow goal posts they're experimenting with at the Pro Bowl. Friggin' cold here. pic.twitter.com/UrYDXmzlGr

Joel
01-22-2015, 01:31 PM
Narrow goal posts? First I'm hearing of this; does that mean narrower hashmarks? 18½' isn't exactly a yawning maw as it is, especially from 50-60 yds distant.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-22-2015, 02:07 PM
Narrow goal posts? First I'm hearing of this; does that mean narrower hashmarks? 18½' isn't exactly a yawning maw as it is, especially from 50-60 yds distant.

Last year, it was stated that the NFL would try this out during the ProBowl. Here is update on it.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12201016/nfl-try-narrower-goal-posts-longer-kicks-pats-2015-pro-bowl

Joel
01-22-2015, 03:11 PM
Last year, it was stated that the NFL would try this out during the ProBowl. Here is update on it.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12201016/nfl-try-narrower-goal-posts-longer-kicks-pats-2015-pro-bowl
Thanks; still no word on what (if anything) that'll do to hashmarks. I'd think kicking FGs from OUTSIDE the goal posts would be much harder, but the flip side is 14' is a pretty small swathe of a 160' wide field.

The insanity of moving PATs to an arbitrary location like the 15-yard-line is still ridiculous: Just give the option of a literally automatic 7 pts or a play from the 2-yard-line to get 8. Since <0.1% of PATs are good and ~50% of 2 PATs succeed, it works out the same, but would speed up the game and waste less time because every team would take the automatic 7 except in the few specific situations where an 8 pt score is significantly better than 7 (or 6 pts is negligibly worse than 7, depending how one looks at it.)

Even from the 15, PATs are still good so often they aren't truly "extra" points, only a chance for a team that just achieved something really difficult and positive to be PENALIZED a point for the bad luck of a wild snap, bobbled hold, wet ball and field, etc. Left alone, the law of averages says that'll eventually be the difference in a big game and even a SB if we all live long enough and, while luck is and should be a key part of any sport, it should never be a DECISIVE part in any game, much less a championship. Sorry for the tangent, but all the idiocy with PATs really irks me.

sneakers
01-22-2015, 06:40 PM
wew go broncos!

Denver Native (Carol)
01-22-2015, 10:54 PM
Vic is at the ProBowl and here is a video of him talking to the Broncos' two new coaches, plus Harbaugh.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/video/11060820-broncos-coaches-take-field-at-pro-bowl/

And, Vic talking with some of the Bronco players there:

http://denver.cbslocal.com/video/11061171-denver-broncos-have-11-pro-bowlers/

Denver Native (Carol)
01-23-2015, 09:12 PM
1-on-1 with Sanders at the Pro Bowl
Broncos TV's Phil Milani sat down with Emmanuel Sanders in Arizona to talk about being a Pro Bowler and what he has planned for the offseason.
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/1-on-1-with-Sanders-at-the-Pro-Bowl/a6197b7a-beed-4b64-9690-80929f1c4416

Players excited to start working with Kubiak
Broncos Pro Bowlers talk about playing for newly hired Head Coach Gary Kubiak.
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Players_excited_to_start_working_with_Kubiak/c39791be-cf2f-4793-a1fc-831ef44d609c

Denver Native (Carol)
01-24-2015, 06:56 PM
The days where the head NFL official ducked under a hood to see an instant replay might be coming to an end.

The NFL will test a new instant replay system at Sunday's Pro Bowl involving two of its technology partners.

When a play needs to be reviewed, an NFL staffer will hand Bose headphones and a Microsoft Surface tablet to the official, and the video will be streamed wirelessly to the tablet.

The league will also, for the first time, offer video replays to players and coaches on the sideline using the Surface tablets. Tablets will be used to record the video, which will then be cut and catalogued for use.

rest - http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12220962/nfl-test-revamped-replay-system-integrate-technology-partners-pro-bowl