PDA

View Full Version : Gary Kubiak: 'It's great to be home again'

Denver Native (Carol)
01-19-2015, 06:20 PM
All was quiet at Dove Valley. Only a skeletal staff was in at Broncos headquarters on a holiday Monday.

The news conference to introduce the new head coach won't occur until Tuesday, but Gary Kubiak was in the Broncos lobby getting a tour of the facility with his son Klein, who works upstairs as an intern in the personnel department.

"A lot of things about this place are the same, and a lot has changed," Kubiak said, grinning. "I can't believe how big that fieldhouse out there is."

AND

"I'm excited," he said. "I'm looking forward to the work. It's great to be home again.

"Hopefully it works out so this is the last coaching job I have in my career."

"Oh yeah, this is a special place," Kubiak said. "We love it here. Plus, I have a pretty close relationship with the guy I've spent a lot of time with the past 48 hours."

full article - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_27349028/gary-kubiak-hired-broncos-coach-team-sends-out

GEM
01-19-2015, 06:22 PM
I just love these quotes and call me a sentimental screwball, but I feel great about Kubiak because of his history with this team and the desire he will have for the team to win. It just feels right.

ShaneFalco
01-19-2015, 06:24 PM
i wasnt even around for those days here. But its pretty cool to see a old team reassemble here now.

chazoe60
01-19-2015, 06:28 PM
I just love these quotes and call me a sentimental screwball, but I feel great about Kubiak because of his history with this team and the desire he will have for the team to win. It just feels right.

Say what you want but it's nice to know that our HC loves this franchise as much as we do. Will it work out? I don't know. Will we win a SB or SBs? No one knows. But we know that the people who influence those possibilities the most have nothing on their mind but the Denver Broncos, not sure we've had that in a while.

BroncoWave
01-19-2015, 06:30 PM
Say what you want but it's nice to know that our HC loves this franchise as much as we do. Will it work out? I don't know. Will we win a SB or SBs? No one knows. But we know that the people who influence those possibilities the most have nothing on their mind but the Denver Broncos, not sure we've had that in a while.

This is a good point. Will be hice to have a HC whose mind isn't halfway on his next move during a playoff run.

Joel
01-19-2015, 06:31 PM
Great to have you home, man. I won't lie, a BIG part of me wishes it worked out in our hometown, but if that disappoinment leads to putting the championship band back together in Denver, I can't complain. Just wish the timing had worked out better: If Manning goes to Houston (back to the Gulf Coast he's from, and the city where his father briefly played) or Kubiak comes to Denver in 2012... EITHER has dynasty written all over it. A Denver dynasty's STILL not out of the question though, even if it'll be hard to find a successor equal to Manning.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-19-2015, 06:39 PM

You're a sentimental screw ball. I only called you that because you asked me to. I feel the same way though.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-19-2015, 06:41 PM

Exactly how I feel - Kubes has orange and blue blood, as does Dennison. And if it does not work out, it won't be because Kubes did not give it his all.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-19-2015, 06:45 PM
Vic Lombardi @VicLombardi · 8m

I asked John Elway how felt about his football team now that Kubiak is on board: "We got a lot better."

Northman
01-19-2015, 06:49 PM
Im ecstatic that he is here and back home. Will it pay dividends? No idea but i have faith in Elway and Kubes and am very excited for the future.

GEM
01-19-2015, 06:49 PM

I asked John Elway how felt about his football team now that Kubiak is on board: "We got a lot better."

Take that Fox, you double dipping damn douchebag. Still too soon!

Lancane
01-19-2015, 06:51 PM
All I know is I am glad we have a Coach who wants to be here and wants to win compared to having one that is looking beyond the horizon because his feelings are hurt.

pnbronco
01-19-2015, 06:55 PM
Exactly how I feel - Kubes has orange and blue blood, as does Dennison. And if it does not work out, it won't be because Kubes did not give it his all.

Reading those comments made me tear up. Both those men feel like we do and that means something. I see it in Karl's eye when he talks about the team. No matter how long along ago they played the Broncos are still their team.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-19-2015, 06:57 PM
The sports guy on ch7 just said that after Kubes arrived here today, he said that one of the first things he wants to do is reach out to every Bronco player and talk to them individually.

Northman
01-19-2015, 07:00 PM
The sports guy on ch7 just said that after Kubes arrived here today, he said that one of the first things he wants to do is reach out to every Bronco player and talk to them individually.

Total class.

GEM
01-19-2015, 07:06 PM
Reading those comments made me tear up. Both those men feel like we do and that means something. I see it in Karl's eye when he talks about the team. No matter how long along ago they played the Broncos are still their team.

That's the difference with the older players. The younger players claim their college team for life, but not so much the team they are with in the NFL. No loyalty on either side anymore.

DenBronx
01-19-2015, 07:12 PM
Kubiak is really the only other HC I wanted to come here after we let Fox go. Still worried what were going to look like but excited. Saw on NFLN that the Ravens run game went from 30th to 6th. Flacco was sacked like 69 times the year prior and was only sacked 19 times? They also set franchise records for points scored.

Kubiak is a great OC....its the HC part that worries me. But glad we got him and lets see what happens. Can't be worse then Fox.

I do think Gase struggles this year were bc of not being on the same page as Fox. Would of liked to see him here with Kubiak. I've always liked Dennison and he follows Kubiak wherever he goes so that makes sense...plus he too played here.

So who's going to be our DC?

GEM
01-19-2015, 07:17 PM
That's the difference with the older players. The younger players claim their college team for life, but not so much the team they are with in the NFL. No loyalty on either side anymore.

And this has only really changed the last decade or so. Rod Smith would claim the Broncos til the day he died. Shannon Sharpe same thing. The new age players, I don't see them claim much of a love for any team, just a love of the money any team can pay them. When you play for a love of the money, the team paying it isn't important.

VonDoom
01-19-2015, 07:19 PM

Shots fired. Love it!

GEM
01-19-2015, 07:20 PM
What does the Fox say....

damn, damn, damn, damn, damn-duh-damn!

Denver Native (Carol)
01-19-2015, 07:57 PM
Kubiak is really the only other HC I wanted to come here after we let Fox go. Still worried what were going to look like but excited. Saw on NFLN that the Ravens run game went from 30th to 6th. Flacco was sacked like 69 times the year prior and was only sacked 19 times? They also set franchise records for points scored.

Kubiak is a great OC....its the HC part that worries me. But glad we got him and lets see what happens. Can't be worse then Fox.

I do think Gase struggles this year were bc of not being on the same page as Fox. Would of liked to see him here with Kubiak. I've always liked Dennison and he follows Kubiak wherever he goes so that makes sense...plus he too played here.

Many of the sports people locally feel Kubes will be calling the offensive plays.

DenBronx
01-19-2015, 08:20 PM

Many of the sports people locally feel Kubes will be calling the offensive plays.

Sounds like Dennison will just be a yes man then.

WARHORSE
01-19-2015, 08:20 PM
Great to have you home, man. I won't lie, a BIG part of me wishes it worked out in our hometown, but if that disappoinment leads to putting the championship band back together in Denver, I can't complain. Just wish the timing had worked out better: If Manning goes to Houston (back to the Gulf Coast he's from, and the city where his father briefly played) or Kubiak comes to Denver in 2012... EITHER has dynasty written all over it. A Denver dynasty's STILL not out of the question though, even if it'll be hard to find a successor equal to Manning.

Um.........what?

Denver Native (Carol)
01-19-2015, 08:22 PM
Vic on ch4 is doing "down memory lane", when Kubes played. Reeves said that Gary calls or suggests some of the plays during the game.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-19-2015, 08:24 PM
Sounds like Dennison will just be a yes man then.

May not mean that - he may be upstairs sending plays down to Kubes, and I am sure that Dennison will be a major part in putting the offensive game plan together.

G_Money
01-19-2015, 08:33 PM
Kubes is the mastermind, Dennison is the technician. When Kubiak wants guys to zone block, Dennison shows them where and how hard. And yeah, he and Kubiak put their game plans together in concert with each other from what I hear, not in line.

Nothing wrong with being a right-hand man, as long as you're good at your job. Dennison has been, every time. I'm not worried about the fit.

MileHighCrew
01-19-2015, 08:36 PM
I love that Kubiak and I bleed the same blood :)
Go Broncos!!!

Denver Native (Carol)
01-19-2015, 09:09 PM
See photos of the Broncos' new head coach returning to Dove Valley and getting a tour of the renovated facility from his son, Klein, an intern in the Broncos' personnel department.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/photo-gallery/Gary-Kubiak-back-at-Dove-Valley/0cc791ae-4507-4b67-a1f5-71437923a188

Runamok
01-19-2015, 09:24 PM
Shots fired. Love it!

Wow.....didn't realize John shared my opinion about Fox.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-20-2015, 11:01 AM
Gary Kubiak talks to Broncos TV about becoming the team's next head coach and the opportunity to work in Denver.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Kubiak-I-understand-the-expectations/8b459485-1957-41b0-acc9-f20fd49f962c