PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Feel Better Today After This Last Week?

pnbronco
01-19-2015, 01:07 PM
Last Monday so sucked in so many ways. I was really numb and then went to being down and just really, really sad.

After watching yesterdays GB/Sea game I felt better. I still hate and I mean hate Sea but dang were they a lesson on not letting 5 turn overs, having really close to a single digit QB rating be a excuse to loose the game. The adjustments and taking chances so paid off for them. I finally understood what Elway was taking about kicking and screaming mentality. After reading different comments about Kubs from former players I am starting to get the hopeful energy back that he can make a difference with the talent he has on this team.

CJ has proven how much he runs with heart and soul. We have a lot more talent on our D than Kubs had back in the day with Plummer. Whatever happens with Manning seems to not be so gloom and doom for me today. There was a movie that the motto was never give up and never surrender, it was kind of a joke but I'm hoping that is the new philosophy down at Dove.....dang now I'm excited for camp again!!!!

TimHippo
01-19-2015, 01:09 PM
Not really since we've known for the last week that it was going to be Kubiak. So it's no surprise.

TimHippo
01-19-2015, 01:18 PM
After watching yesterdays GB/Sea game I felt better. I still hate and I mean hate Sea but dang were they a lesson on not letting 5 turn overs, having really close to a single digit QB rating be a excuse to loose the game. The adjustments and taking chances so paid off for them. I finally understood what Elway was taking about kicking and screaming mentality. !

The big lesson from that game was the ball out guts of Pete Carrol vs the ultra conservative play of Mike McCarthy.

Pete Carroll:
1. Fake field goal for the T.D. when they needed points.
2. 2pt Conversion because they knew that there was 1 minute left on the clock and the Packers could easily get into field goal range
4. Going for the TD in overtime to end the game and keep Rodgers off the field when they could have just gone for field goal range.
*Onside kick not included because that wasn't really a choice.

Mike McCarthy
1. Settles for a field goal twice when they were at the 1 yard line
2. Meaningless runs to try to kill the clock with 4 minutes left when they could have got a couple 1st downs that would have ended the game
3. Not running the ball or passing at Richard Sherman when it was obvious he only had 1 arm.

aberdien
01-19-2015, 01:30 PM
We no longer have a milquetoast head coach, so I feel much better.

OB
01-19-2015, 01:32 PM
Personally, I still feel very milquetoast

pnbronco
01-19-2015, 01:40 PM

Are you going to have coffee or tea with that milquetoast?

chazoe60
01-19-2015, 01:43 PM
I might fell better if I take a stunt man class or something but other than that, no.

Ziggy
01-19-2015, 01:51 PM
Yeah PN. I'm excited about having a head coach that can make adjustments during a game for a change. Our offense won't go down without a fight, and I've missed the ZBS. We also have a coach that bleeds orange and blue. This isn't a stepping stone in his career. This is his dream job. This team finally has an identity and it's not a QB. It's doing things the Bronco way.

BroncoJoe
01-19-2015, 01:53 PM
I haven't fell in a long time, but am working on it.

:D

TimHippo
01-19-2015, 01:57 PM

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRCE5s98sugwKBIi1SIQwO1Ks33M6XeO nZd1jxacj6LJ3QF6xG1Hwhttps://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQe0XTHygLqitT-oTUAzhI_OHtCodE4Ayr2lka6SIsjftMOSmkohttps://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRsl80LRk89n7BtV9I-fQndVS_IoZtQkp85MjblleqWflshQjcE

D1g1tal j1m
01-19-2015, 02:00 PM
I still feel numb and that wont go away until training camp rolls up....

jhildebrand
01-19-2015, 02:00 PM
I don't feel better. I thought I might. Whenever a team is a 2 seed and bows out as easily as this one did in their first game in the playoffs, it doesn't sit well. Ever. I am still salty when I think about the Jags loss.

Even worse there really is no "lesser of two evils" to root for in this Super Bowl.

OB
01-19-2015, 02:02 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRCE5s98sugwKBIi1SIQwO1Ks33M6XeO nZd1jxacj6LJ3QF6xG1Hwhttps://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQe0XTHygLqitT-oTUAzhI_OHtCodE4Ayr2lka6SIsjftMOSmkohttps://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRsl80LRk89n7BtV9I-fQndVS_IoZtQkp85MjblleqWflshQjcE

Thats how I feel, very unmotivationalistic

spikerman
01-19-2015, 02:19 PM
Let's be honest, next to winning the big one this is the most interesting thing that could have happened to the Broncos. Now they also get to report to work earlier as a result of having a new coaching staff.

Tned
01-19-2015, 02:47 PM
Last Monday so sucked in so many ways. I was really numb and then went to being down and just really, really sad.

After watching yesterdays GB/Sea game I felt better. I still hate and I mean hate Sea but dang were they a lesson on not letting 5 turn overs, having really close to a single digit QB rating be a excuse to loose the game. The adjustments and taking chances so paid off for them. I finally understood what Elway was taking about kicking and screaming mentality. After reading different comments about Kubs from former players I am starting to get the hopeful energy back that he can make a difference with the talent he has on this team.

CJ has proven how much he runs with heart and soul. We have a lot more talent on our D than Kubs had back in the day with Plummer. Whatever happens with Manning seems to not be so gloom and doom for me today. There was a movie that the motto was never give up and never surrender, it was kind of a joke but I'm hoping that is the new philosophy down at Dove.....dang now I'm excited for camp again!!!!

I'm honestly not sure how I feel. On the one hand, I really like Kubiak. I'm still not sure how much of the past Broncos offense was Shanny, how much Kubiak, how much Alex Gibbs... Regardless, of whether it was his or he learned it, when it comes to running a zone blocking scheme, I think Kubiak knows how to do it.

At the same time, when you see what happened in Houston, including how the wheels came off and they lost eight or more in a row (before Kubiak was fired, 14 in a row, total), I just don't know how much is on Kubiak.

If Manning comes back, can Kubiak and Dennison run an offense that's suited to Manning?

Just don't know.

Ziggy
01-19-2015, 02:48 PM
I'm honestly not sure how I feel. On the one hand, I really like Kubiak. I'm still not sure how much of the past Broncos offense was Shanny, how much Kubiak, how much Alex Gibbs... Regardless, of whether it was his or he learned it, when it comes to running a zone blocking scheme, I think Kubiak knows how to do it.

At the same time, when you see what happened in Houston, including how the wheels came off and they lost eight or more in a row (before Kubiak was fired, 14 in a row, total), I just don't know how much is on Kubiak.

If Manning comes back, can Kubiak and Dennison run an offense that's suited to Manning?

Just don't know.

I think great coaches taylor their schemes to fit great players. If Manning comes back, Kubes will adjust. If not, the future begins.

spikerman
01-19-2015, 02:53 PM

Just don't know.

This is sort of how I feel too. I was really hoping for a more fiery coach, but maybe it happens behind the scenes with Kubiak. Since Elway was upset with the lack of fire as well, I'll assume that he has some knowledge that it won't be an issue. Hopefully that topic came up during the interview process.

Tned
01-19-2015, 03:19 PM
I think great coaches taylor their schemes to fit great players. If Manning comes back, Kubes will adjust. If not, the future begins.

There is no question that great coaches do that. The question is whether Kubiak is a great coach, or one one system coach.

Joel
01-19-2015, 03:20 PM

They had Foster, Daniels and Cushing on IR, plus Schaub, who started the season by breaking the NFL record for consecutive pick-six games. How much of that is on Kubes? Considering it was his ONLY losing season since his first (when he improved a 5-year-old 2-14 team to 6-10) I'd say, "not much." It's closer to the mark, IMHO, to say he took mediocre to above average QBs like Griese, Plummer, Schaub and now Flacco and made them look respectable for multiple seasons before they came crashing back down to reality. I doubt Elway will stick him with another Schaub; we'll be fine.

Plummer thinks so; he said before and after the hire that Kubiak suits his philosophy, schemes and play calls to his players abilities rather than attempting the reverse, and that's the hallmark of great coaches. Hell, ANYONE who can make Plummer admit fundamental errors—GRACEFULLY, no less—and actually work hard is in the upper echelon of coaching for that alone.

As to the OP: I feel better about this than anything I remember the Broncos doing since firing Shanahan sent us spiralling down into the McDumbass sinkhole. This is the kind of big positive move that enables Win From Now on Mode.

NightTrainLayne
01-19-2015, 03:25 PM
Last season after the Super Bowl loss was one of the absolute worst feelings I've ever had as a fan. .. and I didn't really expect to win the SB, but thought it would be a good game. The stomping we took really deflated me, and I questioned for the first time whether Fox was really a championship coach. You don't lose a game by that lop-sided a score when prepared unless there is a huge deficiency in talent.

Then Elway went and brought in Ware, Talib et al, and improved the roster even more. I was excited. I knew that if we got back to that same point, we could compete for sure.

We took a trip to Seattle, and competed, losing a game in Overtime at their place. . . Maybe this team can do it I thought.

However, our road loss to New England in November. 43-21. That told me everything I needed to know. This team couldn't compete for a championship. Sure it was just the regular season, but I've never seen a team lose by more than 20 points, giving up over 40 anytime in the regular season to anybody win any championships. I resigned myself to understanding that we just weren't to the promised land yet.

Why would a fan with the roster that we have resign themselves to runner-up status? Only if the coaching were supremely lacking would that make sense.

I didn't really put that together until after Elway let Fox go last week, but then I realized that we had arguably the best roster in the NFL and took a few whippings this season that no championship team ever would take. I'm not saying losses, I'm talking about whippings. New England, Cincinatti, & the Colts whipped us. Absolutely trashed us.

So, yes, I'm feeling better this week. If Elway continues to put together the best roster in the NFL, then Kubes can't do any worse than Fox, and I'm excited to see what he can do. I was no longer excited to see what Fox could do when the playoffs rolled around. I knew our fate with Fox already.

pnbronco
01-19-2015, 03:31 PM
This is sort of how I feel too. I was really hoping for a more fiery coach, but maybe it happens behind the scenes with Kubiak. Since Elway was upset with the lack of fire as well, I'll assume that he has some knowledge that it won't be an issue. Hopefully that topic came up during the interview process.

Since it was a major point for Elway to even talk about the kicking and screaming don't you think that would be something he would need to know before he hired the next coach. I know they are friends but I don't think John does something just because they are a friends.

I understand the Houston job did not end well. But neither did Shanny at the end here. He still was able to get 2 SB wins before those wheels came off. It just seems like coaches have a pretty small window to be effective in this day and age, unless your name is Belichick, but didn't he kind of stink it up with his first round at coaching?

I very well could be wrong but I don't think Kubiak decided to take the job to change Manning. If I remember correctly Kubiak had to retire because of back problems. He could the one person that understands what is needed to get the most out of a older QB that still has talent. I just want to see better execution from the talent we have and I'm hoping that Kubiak has the ability to achieve that.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-19-2015, 03:33 PM
PRESIDENT AND CEO JOE ELLIS:

“Gary has been part of the Broncos’ family for two decades and has proven himself as a highly successful head coach and assistant coach around the NFL. From his time in Denver, he completely understands—and has contributed to—the culture of winning that has been established throughout Pat Bowlen’s ownership. Gary also respects what the Broncos mean to this community and the special connection this team has with its fans.

“We are thrilled that Gary Kubiak is returning to Denver to become the next head coach of the Broncos.”

EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT OF FOOTBALL OPERATIONS/GENERAL MANAGER JOHN ELWAY:

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Statements-from-Ellis-Elway-on-Kubiak/80f4b03f-f478-4c45-8053-ba3a480f75fa

pnbronco
01-19-2015, 03:35 PM
Oh man Joel......this is cracking me up:

Hell, ANYONE who can make Plummer admit fundamental errors—GRACEFULLY, no less—and actually work hard is in the upper echelon of coaching for that alone.

I can't stop laughing. :laugh:

Slick
01-19-2015, 03:38 PM
I won't feel better until I see Denver fight like Seattle did or learn to step on a team's throat when they're down like New England did.

Hopefully Gary is the guy who can get them there.

pnbronco
01-19-2015, 03:53 PM
rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Statements-from-Ellis-Elway-on-Kubiak/80f4b03f-f478-4c45-8053-ba3a480f75fa

Carol thank you for posting this.

While I was reading this I thought wouldn't it be nice to have that identity of the "Bronco Way" back. When John played there were some stinker games but I always felt it was a from a lack of talent vs a lack of trying. McD made a major mess of things in the short time he was here. I will always be grateful for sanity that Fox brought back. I just hope that Kubiak can bring out the pride of doing your best and if you loose it's not from a lack of effort. I would to feel like we were beaten instead of not showing up.

OrangeHoof
01-19-2015, 03:53 PM
They had Foster, Daniels and Cushing on IR, plus Schaub, who started the season by breaking the NFL record for consecutive pick-six games. How much of that is on Kubes? Considering it was his ONLY losing season since his first (when he improved a 5-year-old 2-14 team to 6-10) I'd say, "not much."

When asked to explain his pick-six problems, Schaub revealed (and the coaching staff confirmed) that Kubiak never allowed Schaub to check out of plays. Now, Schaub wasn't an idiot so why did he not have the reins removed even after 5 seasons? I'd say that part was largely Kubiak.

Later in the season as the losses mounted, owner Bob McNair wanted Case Keenum to take over at QB. Kubiak wanted to stick with Schaub. After Schaub healed from his injury and Keenum was getting eaten alive by bad OL play and a bad running game, Kubiak kept sneaking Schaub into the game if it was close. Kubiak was trying to win the game but he was also disobeying the wishes of the owner. That's ultimately why the Texans fired him late in the season instead of waiting until the season was over.

Keenum, btw, was the guy who was rescued from the Rams' practice squad and was the QB for the last two wins for the Texans this season after going winless under Kubiak.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-19-2015, 03:57 PM
I posted the following in another thread, but will post it here also:

Vic Lombardi @VicLombardi · 4h

I love Trent Dilfer's description of the Kubiak offense: "It's an offense that is quarterback-friendly. Not quarterback-dependent".

Shazam!
01-19-2015, 04:19 PM
I feel better. I like Kube and that Elway brought in a real Bronco. Probably would have happened sooner if he were available years ago.

The crushing defeats absolutely demoralized me when I was younger but I take things a lil better now.

Lancane
01-19-2015, 04:25 PM
I felt better the minute that Fox was no longer the head coach. I never thought he was a good hire as most can remember and attest to, he's a good coach in some aspects, but he's continually shown his weaknesses. Denver mirrored Carolina in so many ways that it was obvious without Manning we were closer to a .500 ball club, and the lack of passion and fire was even more apparent...I was so pissed when I saw and heard Fox being laidback about the Super Bowl, telling the team to enjoy the sights and sounds instead of keeping them focused for the bigger prize, allowing friends and family to visit and so on.

And to be honest I was not surprised Denver lost to Indianapolis when you look at the previous playoffs under Fox, IMHO it was Manning who carried the Broncos to the Super Bowl last year, but you can only shoulder a team for so long before your shoulders grow weary.

Joel
01-19-2015, 04:31 PM
When asked to explain his pick-six problems, Schaub revealed (and the coaching staff confirmed) that Kubiak never allowed Schaub to check out of plays. Now, Schaub wasn't an idiot...
aaand you just lost me. There's a reason Atlanta traded him to Houston in the first place, and that he's been a benchwarmer all of this year. Schaubs judgement is so good he rolled left on the last play of a game he trailed by 5, hopped up and down forever instead of running 5 yds through open field for the game-winning TD, then threw an Int. Talk about lack of fire and toughness, not to mention abundance of idiocy.

Later in the season as the losses mounted, owner Bob McNair wanted Case Keenum to take over at QB. Kubiak wanted to stick with Schaub. After Schaub healed from his injury and Keenum was getting eaten alive by bad OL play and a bad running game, Kubiak kept sneaking Schaub into the game if it was close. Kubiak was trying to win the game but he was also disobeying the wishes of the owner. That's ultimately why the Texans fired him late in the season instead of waiting until the season was over.

Keenum, btw, was the guy who was rescued from the Rams' practice squad and was the QB for the last two wins for the Texans this season after going winless under Kubiak.
I'm aware of Keenums starting record. I'm also aware Kubiak was so high on his fellow Houstonian in 2012 that he worried SF (who'd brought him in for tryouts) would spend a 7th round pick on him because McNair wouldn't even allow THAT. Kubiak's the only reason he made that team, but it should be obvious why he wasn't willing to throw a sophomore undrafted QB to the wolves trying to save his job. If McNair thought so highly of Keenum, why did he dump him just as he did Kubiak only to be forced to "rescue him from the Rams PS"? Hey, Bob? NO ONE in Houston missed Bud Adams.

G_Money
01-19-2015, 05:13 PM
I feel like we have a plan. Having a plan is better than having no plan, and the benefit to Kubiak is that he should be able to get a good performance out of any QB/offense, not just one captained by Manning.

As long as Kubiak learned his lesson about inept and inexperienced DCs, I'm looking forward to this. And if we hire Joseph as a DC, then I'll just hope he's inexperienced but not inept.

I'm pretty optimistic about this - we'll see what happens when we see the staff composition, and the offseason moves. It's certainly better than hiring Gase, IMO. There were a couple of defensive-minded guys who were high on my list, but with the uncertainty about Manning I'm not at all opposed to an offensive-minded head coach who has gotten some pretty tremendous efforts out of QBs and RBs alike.

But let's see the rest of the staff.

tripp
01-19-2015, 05:18 PM
I'll feel better once Manning addresses his future in the NFL. Can't imagine why it would take too long to come up with an idea whether you want to play another year or not once you know who your HC and OC are.

pnbronco
01-19-2015, 05:44 PM
Thanks G.....I love the part where you said they have a plan. For me that says establishing a vision that everyone can see and get on board with. It's easy enough to say Super Bowl or Bust it's another to create steps that helps you work towards that vision.

If we don't hear from Manning for awhile I think it has more to do with his injury and how it's healing. If rest and treatments get him back to his normal then I think we will hear pretty soon, if not I want him to take his time and make sure this is right for him and the team.

Lancane
01-19-2015, 05:53 PM
Thanks G.....I love the part where you said they have a plan. For me that says establishing a vision that everyone can see and get on board with. It's easy enough to say Super Bowl or Bust it's another to create steps that helps you work towards that vision.

If we don't hear from Manning for awhile I think it has more to do with his injury and how it's healing. If rest and treatments get him back to his normal then I think we will hear pretty soon, if not I want him to take his time and make sure this is right for him and the team.

Depends PN, I have a feeling Denver will prefer to have an answer before the month is up and he has to take his physical so they are not left having to pay if he is not.

pnbronco
01-19-2015, 06:04 PM
Depends PN, I have a feeling Denver will prefer to have an answer before the month is up and he has to take his physical so they are not left having to pay if he is not.

I thought the deadline was in March for his salary. Does anyone know when that is?

He has to take his normal neck physical right? Thanks guys for all the info all of you are sharing.

Lancane
01-19-2015, 06:12 PM
I thought the deadline was in March for his salary. Does anyone know when that is?

He has to take his normal neck physical right? Thanks guys for all the info all of you are sharing.

NFLN said the other day a month, I believe he has to pass the physical before the start of the NFL New Year which is the beginning of March. But say he passes his physical and is still unsure then retires after the deadline then Denver is left holding the bag - so if he doesn't re-commit to Elway before then Denver may be the side parting ways.

DenBronx
01-19-2015, 07:23 PM

What is it with that word around here lately? Lol

BigDaddyBronco
01-19-2015, 08:09 PM
I feel better. I think Kubiak can run a pretty good offense that is centered on a good running game and getting the ball to your receivers where they can get good YAC. I think that fits us well after Manning is gone as we have enough talent to not be drafting in the top 5 and getting a franchise QB anytime soon. I don't think he is revolutionary or one of the best coaches in the NFL, but who cares as long as we have a decent offense and defense.

What I'm really wanting to see is if we get a new DC who wants to attack and not sit back and let Manning win games. With the secondary we have we should be going for the throat with blitzes and a swarming pass rush if we have a 2 TD lead, not letting them have 5 and trying to not give up 1st downs. I want fire on both sides of the ball. Give me a relentless swarming defense and a pounding, physical run game with an opportunistic passing game and I like our chances.

chazoe60
01-19-2015, 08:13 PM
Last season after the Super Bowl loss was one of the absolute worst feelings I've ever had as a fan. .. and I didn't really expect to win the SB, but thought it would be a good game. The stomping we took really deflated me, and I questioned for the first time whether Fox was really a championship coach. You don't lose a game by that lop-sided a score when prepared unless there is a huge deficiency in talent.

Then Elway went and brought in Ware, Talib et al, and improved the roster even more. I was excited. I knew that if we got back to that same point, we could compete for sure.

We took a trip to Seattle, and competed, losing a game in Overtime at their place. . . Maybe this team can do it I thought.

However, our road loss to New England in November. 43-21. That told me everything I needed to know. This team couldn't compete for a championship. Sure it was just the regular season, but I've never seen a team lose by more than 20 points, giving up over 40 anytime in the regular season to anybody win any championships. I resigned myself to understanding that we just weren't to the promised land yet.

Why would a fan with the roster that we have resign themselves to runner-up status? Only if the coaching were supremely lacking would that make sense.

I didn't really put that together until after Elway let Fox go last week, but then I realized that we had arguably the best roster in the NFL and took a few whippings this season that no championship team ever would take. I'm not saying losses, I'm talking about whippings. New England, Cincinatti, & the Colts whipped us. Absolutely trashed us.

So, yes, I'm feeling better this week. If Elway continues to put together the best roster in the NFL, then Kubes can't do any worse than Fox, and I'm excited to see what he can do. I was no longer excited to see what Fox could do when the playoffs rolled around. I knew our fate with Fox already.
Absolutely brilliant post. Echoes how I feel to a tee.

Joel
01-19-2015, 08:24 PM
I feel better. I think Kubiak can run a pretty good offense that is centered on a good running game and getting the ball to your receivers where they can get good YAC. I think that fits us well after Manning is gone as we have enough talent to not be drafting in the top 5 and getting a franchise QB anytime soon. I don't think he is revolutionary or one of the best coaches in the NFL, but who cares as long as we have a decent offense and defense.

What I'm really wanting to see is if we get a new DC who wants to attack and not sit back and let Manning win games. With the secondary we have we should be going for the throat with blitzes and a swarming pass rush if we have a 2 TD lead, not letting them have 5 and trying to not give up 1st downs. I want fire on both sides of the ball. Give me a relentless swarming defense and a pounding, physical run game with an opportunistic passing game and I like our chances.
Whoa, now, we still need a franchise QB to go all the way; even a roster STACKED everywhere else under a great HC like Kubes and great DC like Phillips is hopeless if their QB is: That's why Kubes is available for a second HC gig. It'll probably take more than one try to find one, too, but he and Dennison can find and develop one faster than anyone, even if it means trading up in a draft (AFTER we fix the line; the technical term for a talented QB with NO line is "David Carr") and Elway won't expect them to do it tomorrow nor set them up to fail by forcing a trade for a Schaub on them.

tomjonesrocks
01-19-2015, 10:18 PM
If Manning recommits, which is a big question mark.

Apparently Houston was his first choice as a FA, maybe he will be back. This team has as much talent as that Houston team did.

Just really would like to see if a healthy Manning and Kubes can make it work.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-19-2015, 10:26 PM

Peyton Manning has March 9 deadline to make career decision
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_27351781/peyton-manning-has-march-9-deadline-make-decision

pnbronco
01-19-2015, 10:35 PM
Peyton Manning has March 9 deadline to make career decision
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_27351781/peyton-manning-has-march-9-deadline-make-decision

Carol you are so amazing....thank you...:salute:

Jsteve01
01-19-2015, 11:37 PM
Since it's the Broncos reunion tour why not Wade Phillips. There is less doubt about how nasty a Phillips coached defense will be than whether Kubiak is a good head coach. Phillips is such a good coordinator that 4 teams forgot what a bad head coach he is

chazoe60
01-19-2015, 11:41 PM
Since it's the Broncos reunion tour why not Wade Phillips. There is less doubt about how nasty a Phillips coached defense will be than whether Kubiak is a good head coach. Phillips is such a good coordinator that 4 teams forgot what a bad head coach he is

I really like Wade as a person and as a DC and would be ecstatic if that were to happen but I can't shake the idea that's it's going to be Vance Joseph. I basically haven't even let myself think about someone else getting the job.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-20-2015, 01:04 AM
I really like Wade as a person and as a DC and would be ecstatic if that were to happen but I can't shake the idea that's it's going to be Vance Joseph. I basically haven't even let myself think about someone else getting the job.

You're locked on, like a pit bull on an adversary, or WTE on a bad joke.

Joel
01-20-2015, 01:50 AM
Yeah, love to see that happen, but my gut says you're right (for whatever that's worth.)

Lancane
01-20-2015, 02:19 AM
Well, if it was Joseph then why have we heard no request to interview him for the job? You'd think someone would have reported it if someone had reached out to him.

And while I am not against Joseph getting a crack at the coordinator position, he would not be atop my list which would consist of Jim Schwartz, Wade Phillips, Mike Nolan, Vic Fangio, Gary Gibbs, Ted Monachino and Steven Wilks.

Ziggy
01-20-2015, 02:38 AM
Well, if it was Joseph then why have we heard no request to interview him for the job? You'd think someone would have reported it if someone had reached out to him.

And while I am not against Joseph getting a crack at the coordinator position, he would not be atop my list which would consist of Jim Schwartz, Wade Phillips, Mike Nolan, Vic Fangio, Gary Gibbs, Ted Monachino and Steven Wilks.

Probably because the Broncos haven't even had the press conference introducing Kubes as head coach. It was decided yesterday, but today was a holiday. I'm guessing we'll hear more tomorrow after the press conference. I'm still hoping for Schwartz of Fangio myself, but I'll trust the FO on this one.

OrangeHoof
01-20-2015, 02:45 AM
Since it's the Broncos reunion tour why not Wade Phillips.

Why not Joe Collier? Those were the best and most innovative defenses Denver ever had.

Lancane
01-20-2015, 02:49 AM
Why not Joe Collier? Those were the best and most innovative defenses Denver ever had.

Probably because he is 82 years old. Collier would be a major health risk at his age due to the excitement of the sport - I don't think they want to kill a Denver Legend on National Television.

tomjonesrocks
01-20-2015, 07:11 AM
Am sick of the Schwartz love. Guy is a complete douche. Don't want him near Denver.

TXBRONC
01-20-2015, 08:53 AM
You're locked on, like a pit bull on an adversary, or WTE on a bad joke.

WTE is locked onto bad taste.

Mike
01-20-2015, 09:54 AM
I feel better that Fox is gone. Apprehensive about Kubiak. Kubiak and Dennison have to be better than Fox and Gase though. I will feel better if they bring in a strong DC.

BigDaddyBronco
01-20-2015, 10:16 AM
All I really want out of a coaching staff is a team that can adjust during the game when what they are doing isn't working and a team that wants to fight if they get down by 2 TD's not say, "Oh well, there is always next week."

pnbronco
01-20-2015, 10:38 AM
All I really want out of a coaching staff is a team that can adjust during the game when what they are doing isn't working and a team that wants to fight if they get down by 2 TD's not say, "Oh well, there is always next week."

Great post BDB....there is one other thing I would like to add to this. I would like to see players that plays for their team mates and the not the camera.

pnbronco
01-20-2015, 12:17 PM

I don't know this person. Can you please share some info and if this is a good thing?

MOtorboat
01-20-2015, 03:20 PM
I feel better after the press conference.

pnbronco
01-20-2015, 03:35 PM
This may be a fools dream but I loved that conference. Seeing Kubs emotional about coming home and what the organization means to him just touched something in me. Kubs had a long relationship with Mr. Bowlen and he understands from a lot of different positions of what being a Bronco means. I'm ready to see Bronco pride again from the Head Coach to the ball boys......

The part that I found touching from John is when he talked about the feeling you get when you win a championship together. The money is the money but winning together is something that no one can ever take from you. I've heard Alfred and Steve Atwater say the same thing, they try to include the birth of their children in the greatest events in their life, but they have to work at mentioning that first....you can just see how bad they want that again and for our current players to experience it too.

I was in the store several years ago and someone from the office was in there too talking about how bad Mr. Bowlen wanted to win a championship again. It was like well, yeah and he said no. It's not what you think, he loves picking out the rings, he loves the feeling that everyone was on the same page and together made this event happen. I know that the lady that ran the store as the manager got a Super Bowl ring, he truly feels like it's a group effort with everyone working together. They no longer have a store manager since a company took over the Stadium Store and the Dove store runs under them now. Hearing Gary and John talk today reminded me of those feelings that were standard back with SB wins. YEAH!