PDA

View Full Version : John Elway remains excited about Broncos' next step

Denver Native (Carol)
01-17-2015, 10:01 PM
John Elway didn't want this audience in November, standing in front of players and coaches after an ugly loss to the New England Patriots.

From the moment the Broncos collapsed in the Super Bowl nearly a year ago, unable to offer resistance against the Seattle Seahawks, Elway went about assembling a roster he believed was capable of snarling in big games.

Then came Denver's road game against New England on Nov. 2.

The Broncos trailed 27-7 at halftime before falling 43-21. They were embarrassed in a matchup to determine early AFC supremacy, if not home-field advantage in the playoffs.

Elway didn't like what he saw. He addressed the coaches and players the following week. He demanded better, telling them he wanted a greater sense of urgency and a tougher attitude.

That the message came from Elway and not coach John Fox foreshadowed the upheaval after the Broncos' 24-13 playoff loss to the Indianapolis Colts last Sunday that led to Elway parting ways with Fox.

Multiple players said they enjoyed playing for Fox, but they conceded that he never made them feel uncomfortable. That was in stark contrast to Elway's raw assessment of the team. He criticized the team's "lack of fire," and lamented that the Broncos didn't "go out kicking and screaming."

rest - http://www.dailycamera.com/top-sports/ci_27342107/john-elway-remains-excited-about-broncos-next-step

Davii
01-17-2015, 11:48 PM
I know the fact that Elway had to come out of the box/office to give motivational speeches was a huge part of Fox's downfall. No way Elway should have to do that. Maybe he comes down before a huge game, once a season, something like that, but the GM/HOF qb shouldn't be your locker room motivator.

Northman
01-18-2015, 07:04 AM
Nailed it Davii.

DenBronx
01-18-2015, 08:10 AM
I know the fact that Elway had to come out of the box/office to give motivational speeches was a huge part of Fox's downfall. No way Elway should have to do that. Maybe he comes down before a huge game, once a season, something like that, but the GM/HOF qb shouldn't be your locker room motivator.

Yes yes and yes. No GM should have to do that for a coach. Fox wasn't motivated enough to light a fire under this teams ass. That's the problem...

ShaneFalco
01-18-2015, 08:21 AM
Manning moping didn't help either

DenBronx
01-18-2015, 08:23 AM

Wtf...please explain

ShaneFalco
01-18-2015, 08:29 AM
Manning didn't even look like he wanted to be on the field

DenBronx
01-18-2015, 09:49 AM
Manning didn't even look like he wanted to be on the field

Ok yeah maybe that explains the internal problems then. Sort of echoes what some other players were sayin. Broncos didnt want to go any further...they knew what was waiting.

There I said what no one else will.

Davii
01-18-2015, 02:01 PM

:rolleyes: Wherefore art though Timmy Try Hard?

vettesplus
01-18-2015, 02:08 PM
sounds to be kubs job to turn down... I hope he and john can come to terms I think the kub would be great for the broncos and the city.....