PDA

View Full Version : The Sports Show - Why didn't Gase get the 49ers HC position.

Lancane
01-15-2015, 08:53 PM
http://sportsshow.denverpost.com/2015/01/15/why-didn-t-the-san-francisco-49ers-hire-adam-gase-as-their-head-coach/

It starts about halfway through the video. But listen how Woody and Les down the Broncos' Front Office and San Francisco, with their guest saying that both teams are acting like the Oakland Raiders. (((OUCH)))

Simple Jaded
01-15-2015, 09:15 PM
Name one GM who is going to give up any control to keep a HC he hired and hates and can't get along with? That's not ego, that's human nature.

vettesplus
01-15-2015, 09:29 PM
if gase becomes hc I may have to burn my bronco jersey and become a raider fan:lol:

DenBronx
01-15-2015, 09:32 PM
The Broncos basically mirrored what SF did. Its very risky and next year could be a debacle. We at least had a recipe for winning the div WITH a bye week. Im nervous about this team post Manning.

Buff
01-15-2015, 09:35 PM
Who are the ad wizards who came up with that show's name?

Denver Native (Carol)
01-15-2015, 09:45 PM
I just listened to that, and if the following is true, there is no comparison to what SF did, vs why the Broncos got rid of Fox.

Vic Lombardi @VicLombardi · 10h

Multiple reports now about Fox to Chicago. Some may argue Foxy had the Bears job wrapped up a week ago.

Vic Lombardi @VicLombardi · 10h

.@MileHigh81 If there's a mistake Elway made, it's not following his instincts and parting ways with Fox after the SB debacle.

Jsteve01
01-15-2015, 09:56 PM
I think the most frustrating factor for elway has to be that he created the 97 98 scenario for Fox. Loaded up on talent. This was not like the talent depleted Reeves rosters with picks Maddox over Carl Pickens.

Simple Jaded
01-15-2015, 10:14 PM
Who are the ad wizards who came up with that show's name?

And how is it possible that someone like Woody ever gets to be overexposed?

Lancane
01-15-2015, 10:20 PM
I just wanted to share what I saw, I had to laugh at Woody and Les, especially Woody - he acts like he has dementia but they act like Gase was the second coming.

Saddest thing IMHO is that Harbaugh went to Michigan, had he waited he'd likely be the Broncos Head Coach already.

Buff
01-15-2015, 10:22 PM
And how is it possible that someone like Woody ever gets to be overexposed?

Woody has entered the Lou Holtz zone.

ShaneFalco
01-16-2015, 01:11 AM
2 bad we didnt get harbuagh to wait to commit.

ForgettingBrandonMarshall
01-16-2015, 08:14 AM
I just wanted to share what I saw, I had to laugh at Woody and Les, especially Woody - he acts like he has dementia but they act like Gase was the second coming.

Saddest thing IMHO is that Harbaugh went to Michigan, had he waited he'd likely be the Broncos Head Coach already.

You think Harbaugh and Elway could coexist? Wasn't it reported that Harbaugh turned PFM off from joining the 49ers?

I don't think Harbaugh's availability would've mattered in the end.

GEM
01-16-2015, 10:29 AM
I can't do Les Shapiro...dude has the ego the size of a continent...and for no good reason.

Ravage!!!
01-16-2015, 10:54 AM

What are you talking about? Harbaugh knew he could have MANY jobs in the NFL if he wanted to stay, but I don't think Elway would want him anywhere around the stadium, and neither would I. McDaniels giant ego ruined enough, and Harbaugh's giant head got him canned from San Fran. No thanks.

G_Money
01-16-2015, 02:46 PM
I think the most frustrating factor for elway has to be that he created the 97 98 scenario for Fox. Loaded up on talent. This was not like the talent depleted Reeves rosters with picks Maddox over Carl Pickens.

With the caveat that he didn't get the OL that he had, I mostly agree. Talent on both sides of that ball (probably the most talent in the AFC), HOF QB... what else do you need to stay motivated and hungry? So now it's time to get someone who can use that talent better.

And I'd like it if we would correct the few roster deficiencies as well, if ya don't mind... :)

MOtorboat
01-16-2015, 02:50 PM
http://thebiglead.com/2015/01/16/jim-tomsula-needs-to-work-on-his-interview-game/

BigDaddyBronco
01-16-2015, 06:39 PM
http://thebiglead.com/2015/01/16/jim-tomsula-needs-to-work-on-his-interview-game/

That is awesome. It's how I answer questions from the EPA or FBI.

LawDog
01-18-2015, 02:03 AM
That is awesome. It's how I answer questions from the EPA or FBI.

My wife asked if that was real or a comedy skit from SNL... Gotta be proud in Santa Clara. Wow.

TXBRONC
01-18-2015, 02:13 PM
I kind of felt sorry for the guy interviewing Tomsula. He had be thinking "man you're killing me!"

Lancane
01-18-2015, 05:26 PM
I kind of felt sorry for the guy interviewing Tomsula. He had be thinking "man you're killing me!"

Or..."I think that's Homer Simpson!"