PDA

View Full Version : John Fox - Chicago Bears Tampering Compensation?

TimHippo
01-14-2015, 10:46 PM
Is it applicable here? Since it seems like John Fox - Chicago Bears were planning this all along. Fox would have still been under contact when the Jay Glazer report came out so shouldn't the Broncos get draft picks from the Bears?

DenBronx
01-14-2015, 10:58 PM
Nothing ever goes our way so doubt it.

Dzone
01-14-2015, 10:58 PM
LOL...Ya they could give back cutler

BroncoWave
01-14-2015, 11:03 PM
Would be just about impossible to prove. Teams almost never get busted for tampering. Not gonna happen.

TimHippo
01-14-2015, 11:07 PM
Would be just about impossible to prove. Teams almost never get busted for tampering. Not gonna happen.

Parcells got busted after the NFL investigation. There have been other cases as well.

Pudge
01-14-2015, 11:23 PM
Is it applicable here? Since it seems like John Fox - Chicago Bears were planning this all along. Fox would have still been under contact when the Jay Glazer report came out so shouldn't the Broncos get draft picks from the Bears?

I don't think there's enough impignorate to really prove anything

TimHippo
01-14-2015, 11:30 PM
I don't think there's enough impignorate to really prove anything

Thanks, Octomom.

Pudge
01-14-2015, 11:34 PM
Thanks, Octomom.

I'm not really sure what the octomom has to do with anything

underrated29
01-14-2015, 11:51 PM
He's not a hockey fan I'm guessing.

Pudge
01-15-2015, 12:14 AM
He's not a hockey fan I'm guessing.

I'm questioning wether he's a football fan

Pudge
01-15-2015, 12:47 AM

666 posts, coincidence? I think not, Tim Tebow has to be turning in his.grave

Lancane
01-15-2015, 12:58 AM
Glazier has been the one running his friend's hiring campaign and doing all the talking and was floating the name out there for other NFL teams. Even if Fox did partake in phone calls with Ernie Accorsi, they are old friends and could have been discussing anything. This one would be hard to prove, no matter the fact I'd love to see it happen and I think Fox deserves as much.

Joel
01-15-2015, 03:11 PM
Yeah, not sure why Chicago would even NEED to tamper; if they had their heart set on Fox and knew he'd bail after our season, all they had to do was wait for it to end, whether in a championship, the way it did or something between the two. Foxs chum Glazer going on national TV to say Fox was looking for work at the very moment the Broncos were doing pregame warmups smells a lot more like Fox unilaterally decided he desperately wanted the Bears gig but had had little or no contact with them and feared they'd hire someone else before he had a chance if he didn't tank our only playoff game.

If that's the case, it'll all come out in the wash eventually, and Fox better pray to whatever dark god he worships that he goes all the way with his next team, or it'll probably be his last (which serves him right.)

Simple Jaded
01-16-2015, 03:08 AM
I've been thinking that if Fox were as good at coaching strategy as he has been securing the Bears gig he might still be Denver's HC.

silkamilkamonico
01-16-2015, 08:02 AM
The Bears are a good fit for him and he will do well there. They aren't interested in competing for SuperBowls right now, they want someone to come in and bring stability, and that is something he will do very well at.

Joel
01-16-2015, 02:24 PM
The Bears are a good fit for him and he will do well there. They aren't interested in competing for SuperBowls right now, they want someone to come in and bring stability, and that is something he will do very well at.
He's a good fit, alright: A coach who quit on his defending Conference Champs season to go to a team notorious for quitting on EVERY season.

Joel
01-16-2015, 09:04 PM
Keep in mind these articles are by the SAME WRITER:

After the Colts loss but before the Fox announcement, Florio cited Klis to declare "Broncos never considered firing John Fox" http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/11/report-broncos-never-considered-firing-john-fox/

After Fox announcement, he extensively quoted Glazer to declare "Glazer: Fox, Elway had 'irreconcilable differences'" http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/13/glazer-fox-elway-had-irreconcilable-differences/

To be fair, his headline DID put that characterization in quotes and attribute it to Glazer rather than take it at face value. Media sure is meta these days though; probably the biggest coaching move of the year, but instead of doing his own research a national network reporter just quotes a local reporters assessment for one article, then a rival national networks reporter for the other. Maybe he doesn't need to be so far up NFL execs rears he helps engineer hirings like Glazer, but SOME level of original research would be more professional.

Lancane
01-16-2015, 09:08 PM
Even if anything came from the league looking into tampering in this instance, I wouldn't expect much in the way of compensation because I think it would take Elway really throwing Fox under the bus to prove the more damning aspect and he doesn't have that kind of personality so it would be based more on the findings of the investigator.