PDA

View Full Version : Pot Roast

VonDoom
01-14-2015, 02:57 PM
I posted these in the free agency thread, but I'm not sure how many people are looking at that right now. Sure makes it seem like Knighton is going to the Raiders once Del Rio is officially confirmed there. Thoughts?

Terrance Knighton ‏@MrKnighton2u 1h1 hour ago

If the report is true. The Raiders are getting a great damn coach. He will revive that locker room and organization.

Terrance Knighton retweeted
SiriusXM NFL Radio ‏@SiriusXMNFL 48m48 minutes ago

#Broncos DT @MrKnighton2u: I think Coach Fox was good enough to get us to the Super Bowl & I don't think it was a wasted season.

SiriusXM NFL Radio ‏@SiriusXMNFL 41m41 minutes ago

.@MrKnighton2u: I haven't gotten the feeling from the #Broncos that I will be back. I'm looking forward on being a Bronco or a fresh start.

MileHighReport ‏@MileHighReport 37m37 minutes ago

Hmm RT @AlfieBCC: Knighton thinks Oakland gonna get him paid.

Josh Dubow ✔ @JoshDubowAP
Follow

Terrance Knighton to AP's @arniestapleton recently: "I want to be wherever Jack is. I'll just leave it at that." #Raiders

Bronco9798
01-14-2015, 03:07 PM
It's free agency in the NFL. You keep some, you lose some. He's (his agent) going to demand a lot of cash. I bet Broncos say bye!! Plug the hole and move on.

VonDoom
01-14-2015, 03:15 PM
It's free agency in the NFL. You keep some, you lose some. He's (his agent) going to demand a lot of cash. I bet Broncos say bye!! Plug the hole and move on.

I think Knighton was pretty high on the list of priorities going into the offseason, at least for the fans. I guess Del Rio leaving changes things. I love having him on this team and I want him back but I don't think Elway is going to beg him.

Lancane
01-14-2015, 03:15 PM
We figured as much...so not real surprising. Elway alluded to the Thomas' in his end of the season press conference as being priority after the coaching search. Knighton is a good defensive tackle, but that is life. The Defensive Tackle Market is going to be deep with McCoy, Suh, Knighton, Fairley, Odrick, Thornton, etc. available. Knighton would have been atop my list give him wanting to follow Del Rio.

Bronco9798
01-14-2015, 03:17 PM
I think Knighton was pretty high on the list of priorities going into the offseason, at least for the fans. I guess Del Rio leaving changes things. I love having him on this team and I want him back but I don't think Elway is going to beg him.

I'm with you. i don't think he is a "High" priority. And that's only cause he's going to demand a hell of a lot of money. I don't think Elway goes there.

silkamilkamonico
01-14-2015, 03:22 PM
Sigh - This is how I just don't understand players. I get the respect he may have for him as a coach. But does playing on Sunday not have any effect on what he does scheming wise?

Like when you're playing Andrew Luck in a playoff game, and he's going right down the field on you and there is no adjustment, does that not fall back on coaching? If you say he has the right scheme and players aren't executing, what's the excuse for yourself, 2 premier and Pro Bowl pass rushers, a Pro Bowl LB, the best CB unit in the NFL, and a Pro Bowl safety in Ward not executing? Do we need more Pro Bowl defensive players to hold the team down, like 6 or 7 of them isn't enough?

If he really feels Del Rio is all that, he can go to Oakland, and fail in the scheme over there as well.

Bronco9798
01-14-2015, 03:23 PM
Sigh - This is how I just don't understand players. I get the respect he may have for him as a coach. But does playing on Sunday not have any effect on what he does scheming wise?

Like when you're playing Andrew Luck in a playoff game, and he's going right down the field on you and there is no adjustment, does that not fall back on coaching? If you say he has the right scheme and players aren't executing, what's the excuse for yourself, 2 premier and Pro Bowl pass rushers, a Pro Bowl LB, the best CB unit in the NFL, and a Pro Bowl safety in Ward not executing? Do we need more Pro Bowl defensive players to hold the team down, like 6 or 7 of them isn't enough?

If he really feels Del Rio is all that, he can go to Oakland, and fail in the scheme over there as well.

Some people like the money. Throw all that out what you just said and think money. Oakland will over pay for him. They will. He knows it.

silkamilkamonico
01-14-2015, 03:25 PM
Sucks we'll probably end up overpaying a DT or so in free agency but it is what it is.

Slick
01-14-2015, 03:25 PM
If he wants to go to a shitty team because of the coach and not stay and play for a team with a lot more talent, I really don't understand that line of thinking. Unless Oakland offered him quite a bit more money than Denver would.

Where the hell was he last Sunday? I don't think I heard his name once during the game.

silkamilkamonico
01-14-2015, 03:29 PM
Some people like the money. Throw all that out what you just said and think money. Oakland will over pay for him. They will. He knows it.

He can follow the money I get that - but I ain't listen to him ramble about how great of a coach he is when everyone watching the big games can see him getting eaten up alive throughout the course of the game.

Joel
01-14-2015, 03:59 PM
Too bad; he's been the lynchpin of our front four since Vickersons hip popped out last year @NE, and I thought he was smart enough to stay the Hell away from a trainwreck like Oakland. Guess that makes it easier to re-sign DT, but we'll need to find another space-eating, pocket-collapsing, double-team-demanding NT, because, good as they are beside one, I don't think Williams or Austin IS one.

GEM
01-14-2015, 04:16 PM
:mad: Well, **** you too, Pot Roast!

Slick
01-14-2015, 04:22 PM
Terence "Guarantee a Superbowl win" Knighton.

Someone tweet Pot Roast, call him on that crap.

Northman
01-14-2015, 04:29 PM
:mad: Well, **** you too, Pot Roast!

Yep.

**** you if you dont want to be here.

Northman
01-14-2015, 04:32 PM
Terence "Guarantee a Superbowl win" Knighton.

Someone tweet Pot Roast, call him on that crap.

Dj Anubis (MT Radio) ‏@TheRealNoobs (https://twitter.com/TheRealNoobs) 20s20 seconds ago (https://twitter.com/TheRealNoobs/status/555477279045083136) @MrKnighton2u (https://twitter.com/MrKnighton2u) - What happened to the guaranteed SB? Now you want to bail to go with Del Rio? Thanks for nothing.

silkamilkamonico
01-14-2015, 04:36 PM
Someone needs to tweet him, and ask him where was Del Rio's stellar coaching on Sunday when Andrew Luck was walking all over his Potroast, Del Rio, and the vaunted Denver defense?

GEM
01-14-2015, 04:37 PM
Remembering why I try not to get attached to players. They just go and **** you over in the end.

Northman
01-14-2015, 04:39 PM
Remembering why I try not to get attached to players. They just go and **** you over in the end.

Its no like the old days, their loyalty is nothing like the fans to their teams.

MOtorboat
01-14-2015, 04:43 PM
He came in following Del Rio from Jacksonville. This really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Knighton is Del Rio's sell-sword.

DenBronx
01-14-2015, 04:55 PM
Ok so Knighton leaves. This should make Julius Thomas fans happy because he most likely would have been the odd guy out.

Looks like Knighton is getting fined 300k for being overweight.

pnbronco
01-14-2015, 05:05 PM
He came in following Del Rio from Jacksonville. This really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Knighton is Del Rio's sell-sword.

I listened to him on Monday's and I heard him say over and over he wants to stay a Bronco. However on the last show he also said that no one from the organization had approached his agent with anything yet. He watched Harris get tied up. He saw them offer DT and I think JT also get offered contracts that they turned down. He anchored the D line and batted a whole lot of balls down. I personally think he should stay off of twitter right now, but dang he is important to the D as far as I am concern.

What I'm reading from these tweets is he is very grateful to Del Rio for bringing him into Denver. He worked with Del Rio in Jacksonville and trusts him. While I really believe that he want to stay in Denver but he needs a contract to make that work. If Del Rio offers him one he may have a sense of loyalty to him. So wouldn't it be good for Denver to at least offer him one to know he's wanted?????

BTW Terrance took over Wesley Woodyard's toy drive this year. He is very active in our community and I really hope they can work something out with him.

Pudge
01-14-2015, 05:08 PM
Ok so Knighton leaves. This should make Julius Thomas fans happy because he most likely would have been the odd guy out.

Looks like Knighton is getting fined 300k for being overweight.

What I read is he's been fined approximately 300k over the years for various infractions of being overweight

Bronco9798
01-14-2015, 05:10 PM
I listened to him on Monday's and I heard him say over and over he wants to stay a Bronco. However on the last show he also said that no one from the organization had approached his agent with anything yet. He watched Harris get tied up. He saw them offer DT and I think JT also get offered contracts that they turned down. He anchored the D line and batted a whole lot of balls down. I personally think he should stay off of twitter right now, but dang he is important to the D as far as I am concern.

What I'm reading from these tweets is he is very grateful to Del Rio for bringing him into Denver. He worked with Del Rio in Jacksonville and trusts him. While I really believe that he want to stay in Denver but he needs a contract to make that work. If Del Rio offers him one he may have a sense of loyalty to him. So wouldn't it be good for Denver to at least offer him one to know he's wanted?????

BTW Terrance took over Wesley Woodyard's toy drive this year. He is very active in our community and I really hope they can work something out with him.

Oakland over pays for everybody. He's gone. He'll take the money and run.

pnbronco
01-14-2015, 05:11 PM
What I read is he's been fined approximately 300k over the years for various infractions of being overweight

That makes a whole lot more sense....:lol:

This is the tweet that caught my eye: I haven't gotten the feeling from the #Broncos that I will be back. I'm looking forward on being a Bronco or a fresh start. He mentioned Bronco first and if it doesn't work out then a fresh start.

DenBronx
01-14-2015, 05:14 PM

And that's why you should judge a book by its cover. I saw a report earlier today that said Knighton fined 300k for weight issues. Lol. Makes sense that it has been over the coarse of his career. But damn....that's a lot of cheddar!

pnbronco
01-14-2015, 05:15 PM
Oakland over pays for everybody. He's gone. He'll take the money and run.

I can see him wanting to make the most he can at his age. NFL careers are so short. But I'm just saying that Denver did nothing to tie him up either, so I won't be mad at him if he goes to Oakland but I sure will miss him.

TXBRONC
01-14-2015, 05:16 PM
I can see him wanting to make the most he can at his age. NFL careers are so short. But I'm just saying that Denver did nothing to tie him up either, so I won't be mad at him if he goes to Oakland but I sure will miss him.

So will the defense.

pnbronco
01-14-2015, 05:18 PM
So will the defense.

I know TX....how many years have we begged to have a real NT. This is what I don't understand.

DenBronx
01-14-2015, 05:19 PM

Ill miss him too because we haven't had a DT like him since the 90s. For years Broncos fans were wanting a solid DT because teams were running it down our throat. Well we fixed that and now we might let him walk. Only positive I can take from this is it makes it easier to sign the rest of our free agents and hopefully our other DTs step up in 2015.

Slick
01-14-2015, 05:20 PM
I know TX....how many years have we begged to have a real NT. This is what I don't understand.

Remember Elway's presser? Remember when he said he wanted to see his team go down kicking and screaming if they lose? John might simply think Pot Roast isn't that type of player. I mean, did he even make one play on Sunday? If he did, I missed it.

Pudge
01-14-2015, 05:20 PM

Elway usually has a plan, and he might have a plan in the draft, or free agency. I've loved how elway has handled free agency and I have faith in him

pnbronco
01-14-2015, 05:41 PM
Remember Elway's presser? Remember when he said he wanted to see his team go down kicking and screaming if they lose? John might simply think Pot Roast isn't that type of player. I mean, did he even make one play on Sunday? If he did, I missed it.

Slick I get what you're saying but if that was the case who the heck do we keep??? CJ and Omar??? Pot Roast at least get's double teamed and dang he has a act of using those big paws of his bat balls down. I blame Del Rio a whole lot more for that lack luster performance or who ever called our D on Sunday. I heard his name a lot during the season so that's where I'm coming from. I was at the game so I couldn't tell you if his name was called.

Plus you've read my posts a lot, at least I think you have....:laugh: I judge players by their actions off the field and Pot Roast is a good, good man. He's done a lot for our community without camera's on him and I have a real soft spot for him in my heart.

NightTerror218
01-14-2015, 05:45 PM
Any other FA following Del Rio? Potorast I think will be Raider.

Slick
01-14-2015, 05:50 PM
Slick I get what you're saying but if that was the case who the heck do we keep??? CJ and Omar??? Pot Roast at least get's double teamed and dang he has a act of using those big paws of his bat balls down. I blame Del Rio a whole lot more for that lack luster performance or who ever called our D on Sunday. I heard his name a lot during the season so that's where I'm coming from. I was at the game so I couldn't tell you if his name was called.

Plus you've read my posts a lot, at least I think you have....:laugh: I judge players by their actions off the field and Pot Roast is a good, good man. He's done a lot for our community without camera's on him and I have a real soft spot for him in my heart.

In honor of the type of person you are I am going to refrain from speaking my mind here. You are too nice of a person and I am smart enough to know that I am still bothered by the way a lot of those veterans played last Sunday.

DenBronx
01-14-2015, 05:55 PM
Any other FA following Del Rio? Potorast I think will be Raider.

Yeah I want him gone just because he put hashtag raiders in his tweet.

How about #traitor Pot Roast

Buff
01-14-2015, 05:55 PM
Ease up, Slick... Pot Roast is a good dude. Solid character. Solid production. Good leader. He cares.

He might have been Elway's best acquisition given the price/production at a position that's always difficult to fill on the open market. I personally think it would be a bad investment to pay him at this stage in his career - but I don't have any ill will towards him. He keeps it real and I respect that.

pnbronco
01-14-2015, 05:56 PM
In honor of the type of person you are I am going to refrain from speaking my mind here. You are too nice of a person and I am smart enough to know that I am still bothered by the way a lot of those veterans played last Sunday.

Thank you so much Slick, you're a good man.....I know you're hurting. The game really sucked.....:grouphug:

If you come to Denver and I'm around I'll buy you a beer....

Slick
01-14-2015, 06:04 PM
Ease up, Slick... Pot Roast is a good dude. Solid character. Solid production. Good leader. He cares.

He might have been Elway's best acquisition given the price/production at a position that's always difficult to fill on the open market. I personally think it would be a bad investment to pay him at this stage in his career - but I don't have any ill will towards him. He keeps it real and I respect that.

I thought I did ease up? He was a great value and a damn good signing at the time. How's that?

Buff
01-14-2015, 06:10 PM
I thought I did ease up? He was a great value and a damn good signing at the time. How's that?

You showed good restraint - but I can tell that there is still some underlying animosity. :D Which I totally get - I just think its best redirected at others who are more deserving.

Beyond the signing, Pot Roast has done everything we've asked of him.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
01-14-2015, 06:22 PM
I thought Pot Roast would be the priority to resign after the two Thomases.

To be fair, it doesn't sound like he's that determined to remain a Bronco. Oh well... what can you do.

Ziggy
01-14-2015, 06:23 PM
Pot Roast was an afterthought when he was signed. He wasn't a highly valued free agent. He was a diamond in the rough. Elway will find another. No worries.

Cugel
01-14-2015, 06:24 PM
No rippin' on Pot Roast now! He knows exactly where it's at baby!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaiSHcHM0PA

Buff
01-14-2015, 06:27 PM
I thought Pot Roast would be the priority to resign after the two Thomases.

To be fair, it doesn't sound like he's that determined to remain a Bronco. Oh well... what can you do.

I think we have to be fair to the players sometimes - it's not like our front office has made any efforts to keep him here. This is his job. He wants to get paid. I can't blame him.

And despite the quoted comments above, he's previously given every indication that he likes Denver and would love to stay if we wanted him.

It's kind of like how Eric Decker still takes flack for leaving a great situation in Denver, when he was never offered a contract to stay.

Cugel
01-14-2015, 06:36 PM
Terrance Knighton @MrKnighton2u · 2h 2 hours ago

��������RT @JusSayNate:[Nate Irving] I'm not verified cause I'm certified.....don't tell t time I said that tho Lmao
0 replies 3 retweets 17 favorites

Nate Irving @JusSayNate · 3h 3 hours ago

DENVER LOVES POT ROAST!!!!!
0 replies 265 retweets 537 favorites
Terrance Knighton @MrKnighton2u · 3h 3 hours ago

LA weather is perfect yo.
0 replies 16 retweets 46 favorites

"LA weather is perfect yo?" Well. . . .

Buff
01-14-2015, 06:39 PM

Well, it kind of is... :whoknows:

Northman
01-14-2015, 07:18 PM

Indeed.

VonDoom
01-14-2015, 07:24 PM

Now I think he's straight up trolling. He also called out Vic after Vic Tweeted "Pot Roast or Suh?" The money will decide it, as usual. If Elway makes no offer than it's a moot point

Northman
01-14-2015, 07:24 PM
I think we have to be fair to the players sometimes - it's not like our front office has made any efforts to keep him here.

Its still early though, we do have other more important issues so you will have to pardon me if Roast doesnt make the top of the list this very moment. If he cant wait until we secure our coaching staff than he is free to move on but im not cutting him any slack when we are only a couple of days removed from losing while he is busy talking up the Raiders.

Poet
01-14-2015, 07:30 PM
The Broncos are acting in their best interest. He's acting in his best interest and showing some love to a DC that he respects. That being said, if one of my guys was talking up the Browns I would expect Whitworth to beat them in the face with a brick.

Davii
01-14-2015, 08:15 PM

LA weather? Is he trying to go to the Rams?

Denver Native (Carol)
01-14-2015, 11:08 PM
The ripple effect of the Broncos' stunning playoff exit continued Wednesday, raising questions on when it will reach the roster.

Broncos defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio accepted the Oakland Raiders' head-coaching job. In looking to guide the Raiders to their first winning season since 2002 will he turn his eyes to Dove Valley and free agent defensive tackle Terrance Knighton?

Knighton remains close to Del Rio, who coached him in Jacksonville and helped his career blossom in Denver. Knighton acknowledged that the Colts' smothering victory might have been his last game with the Broncos.

"Yeah definitely. You see changes every year. I hope to be here. We have to see how the business part plays out," Knighton said.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_27320989/terrance-knighton-wonders-about-his-future-broncos

jhildebrand
01-14-2015, 11:42 PM
I could not care less about Julius Thomas. The guy disappears in big games and showed some prima dona tendencies. Offer him something fair and if not, tag him. DT has the tendency to disappear and have his worst game in big games but he is certainly worth it.

This team needs to keep Knighton here! Have we all forgotten the DT void that existed before? It was so bad many insisted on Denver going after Dareus before Von.

Jsteve01
01-15-2015, 12:39 AM
I could not care less about Julius Thomas. The guy disappears in big games and showed some prima dona tendencies. Offer him something fair and if not, tag him. DT has the tendency to disappear and have his worst game in big games but he is certainly worth it.

This team needs to keep Knighton here! Have we all forgotten the DT void that existed before? It was so bad many insisted on Denver going after Dareus before Von.. I'm inclined to agree but he was s big no show on Sunday which contributed to the edge rushers missing out

Lancane
01-15-2015, 12:51 AM

This team needs to keep Knighton here! Have we all forgotten the DT void that existed before? It was so bad many insisted on Denver going after Dareus before Von.

Dude, you need to quit smoking that crap for your glaucoma! Julius Thomas is probably the main target of the Broncos to re-sign...it is hard to find those elite tight ends in this league and no way in hell do I see John letting him leave, given he knew what it was like without Sharpe. J. Thomas is ranked second or third on the free agency list only Suh and one other was ranked higher by the press - and besides, we'd have lost more then won without Julius. As for Demaryius, well I would rather see them sign Knighton to a long-term deal and tag Demaryius but only in order to trade him - I fully agree that he is not worth the money that he'll garner whereas I have long stated Knighton was due a lengthy deal.

As for the void, we all remember, we're talking nearly two decades of retread tackles and underachievers at the position. But the league has balanced and we are seeing more and more of them in the league, if Denver loses Knighton it will be sad, but he isn't the only one out there, free agency is deep with them and this years defensive tackle class in the draft is deeper, there are four or five with first round grades alone right now.

aberdien
01-15-2015, 01:28 AM
Terrance Knighton @MrKnighton2u · Jan 12
I wish fans understood players don't leave teams. Teams leave players. We are not in control of our future as much as you think.

I wish him luck if he goes, and am glad if he stays. But he's 28 so you'd have to think paying a lot for him long term might not be the greatest idea. I don't know anything about longevity at the DT position though so what do I know.

Northman
01-15-2015, 05:13 AM
So what he is really saying is if Denver doesnt give up the farm for him than thats Denver's way of saying "you suck" rather than "hey, lets pay you something fair so that we can continue to build a championship styled squad".

Sorry, for players its 99% to do with how much they get paid. Its certainly understandable that they will look out for their best interests but a team also has to do that and simply throwing money around when you arent worth that amount isnt a way to run an organization either. Terrence can continue to be a Bronco, whether or not he can accept what hey offer him is two different things.

Poet
01-15-2015, 05:30 AM
I'm not sure that what you are saying is any more fair than what he is saying. For instance, the Cowboys offered Murray four million a year on a deal that lasts four years. That's not a competitive or reasonable offer, but if that's all the Cowboys will send his way then he's almost never going to be a Cowboy. He's been one of the best DT's in football for two seasons now. By all accounts a fair deal does pay him a hefty chunk of change. If Oakland pays him that money, and he leaves, he's not being unfair to Denver. If Denver lowballs him, or offers him a worse deal, he's not being unfair.

You guys are at the same place with him that I was at with Michael Johnson last year. I saw a guy who was a good DE, elite at stopping the run, batted a lot of passes down at the LOS, and could drop into coverage or play OLB on a few quirky defensive looks here and there. He was an above average pass rusher, but his stats were inflated at the time because Geno Atkins hadn't blown an ACL and was the best DT in football. Dunlap was also the same type of player as Johnson, so both of those two guys helped one another, and both were beneficiaries of a DE pass rush rotation which kept them fresh.

At least to me, your guy benefits from playing on a really good defense. With that sort of talent around him it's not like the line can just key on him and call it a day. The fact that he gets double teams and all that also shows that he is playing at a high level in Denver. However, Johnson left Cincy for Tampa and his play dropped substantially. I'm going to bet that this is likely to happen again.

That's sort of the kicker - the Broncos probably feel like 'yeah, you're pretty good, but not as good as you look because of other pieces. Give us a break.' He's probably thinking 'yeah well I actually went out there and did it, and I play defensive line, conventional wisdom dictates that I help other positions more than they help me. I'm a premium position player. **** you, pay me.'

Northman
01-15-2015, 05:42 AM
Team always comes first for me. There are players who buy into it and there are players who dont. It really comes down to that.

Ziggy
01-15-2015, 05:54 AM
Something tells me that Elway is putting a priority on players with a killer instinct. Coaches as well. I don't know if Pot Roast fits that bill or not. For a lot of guys, you'd have to be around the locker room to see how much they really care about winning.

Simple Jaded
01-15-2015, 06:30 AM
We figured as much...so not real surprising. Elway alluded to the Thomas' in his end of the season press conference as being priority after the coaching search. Knighton is a good defensive tackle, but that is life. The Defensive Tackle Market is going to be deep with McCoy, Suh, Knighton, Fairley, Odrick, Thornton, etc. available. Knighton would have been atop my list give him wanting to follow Del Rio.

Gerald McCoy got paid.......well played!

Simple Jaded
01-15-2015, 07:01 AM
Dude, you need to quit smoking that crap for your glaucoma! Julius Thomas is probably the main target of the Broncos to re-sign...it is hard to find those elite tight ends in this league and no way in hell do I see John letting him leave, given he knew what it was like without Sharpe. J. Thomas is ranked second or third on the free agency list only Suh and one other was ranked higher by the press - and besides, we'd have lost more then won without Julius. As for Demaryius, well I would rather see them sign Knighton to a long-term deal and tag Demaryius but only in order to trade him - I fully agree that he is not worth the money that he'll garner whereas I have long stated Knighton was due a lengthy deal.

As for the void, we all remember, we're talking nearly two decades of retread tackles and underachievers at the position. But the league has balanced and we are seeing more and more of them in the league, if Denver loses Knighton it will be sad, but he isn't the only one out there, free agency is deep with them and this years defensive tackle class in the draft is deeper, there are four or five with first round grades alone right now.

No, no, dude, Damaryus Thomas is #88, he's a beast. JULIUS Thomas is #80, he's a candyass bed wetter.

TXBRONC
01-15-2015, 08:16 AM
No, no, dude, Damaryus Thomas is #88, he's a beast. JULIUS Thomas is #80, he's a candyass bed wetter.

I don't think he's a candyass bed wetter but I do fully agree that Demaryius is highest priority.

Krugan
01-15-2015, 09:47 AM
Things like this make me nervous.

I get he likes the coach, but the coach didnt pay him to be in Denver.

Make my tinfoil hat tingle, as in there is something wrong at dove valley, and it starts from higher up.

Love John Elway, but maybe he is to involved or overbearing enough to make players feel uncomfortable. Which is fine, but im not sure it creates a environment that will continue to draw players to want to stay or come here. Time will tell I guess,

Simple Jaded
01-15-2015, 10:08 AM
I don't think he's a candyass bed wetter but I do fully agree that Demaryius is highest priority.

You don't have a problem with his attitude? It's not a lack of anything but effort, I used to defend him but I lost a lot of respect for the dude. And there's certainly no denying that his blocking is comical.

I can't imagine any FO that chooses JT over DT, DT is both a better receiver and a better blocker. I mean making Julius Thomas the #1 priority and franchising DT only facilitate a trade, that is completely backwards. DT is the true freak, Thomas is athletic but has absolutely no interest in doing the dirty work. He's a basketball player.

OB
01-15-2015, 12:49 PM
He also made a statement (and this may have been said - didnt read the whole thread) about teams are teh ones to leave players - players dont leave teams.

After all of his talking it would be hard to have respect for him as a Bronco. If he truly doesnt want to be here, he should move on because I do not want to see another performance in the post season like the last two.

BroncoJoe
01-15-2015, 01:05 PM
A Defensive Lineman once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

http://www.screeninsults.com/images/silence-of-the-lambs-hannibal.JPG

Lancane
01-15-2015, 01:18 PM

Let's see he has two games with no catches and multiple drops? Julius Thomas on the other hand was one of the reasons we still one those games? I think your top receiver shouldn't be non-existent.

Simple Jaded
01-15-2015, 01:28 PM
According to Jeff Legwold Juluis Thomas reps have already informed the Broncos of their intentions to demand Top 3 money and to be paid like a WR. **** that, **** him and **** his candyass, big-game-disappearing, bed wetting basketball mentality.

It's beyond my ability to process to say that the Brincos would have been below .500 without JT, that's revealing.

GEM
01-15-2015, 01:29 PM
Even with 5 games off...Julius led the team in scoring and TD's. Just sayin...

Lancane
01-15-2015, 01:30 PM
You don't have a problem with his attitude? It's not a lack of anything but effort, I used to defend him but I lost a lot of respect for the dude. And there's certainly no denying that his blocking is comical.

I can't imagine any FO that chooses JT over DT, DT is both a better receiver and a better blocker. I mean making Julius Thomas the #1 priority and franchising DT only facilitate a trade, that is completely backwards. DT is the true freak, Thomas is athletic but has absolutely no interest in doing the dirty work. He's a basketball player.

Demaryius has the size and the tangibles, but on several occasions he's looked more like the second or third wideout then the primary. He disappears more then J. Thomas, who without on several occasions, especially those where little 'Bey-Bey's' *** was irrelevant we won because of J.T., not vice-versa. Ask Elway, Aikman and other great quarterbacks how hard finding a great pass-catching tight end, most only can block...i'll take the one that gives ball security to sack security any day of the week because he becomes that go-to guy when all **** breaks down. Not to mention that D.T. is Manning trained, that does not mean that he is suddenly the cream of the crop. I'd take Bryant, Fitzgerald or Cobb over D.T. in a freaking heartbeat. And that basketball mumbo-jumbo, go tell that to Antonio Gates.

silkamilkamonico
01-15-2015, 01:31 PM
Sign either DThomas or Jthomas. They are both WR's. You're absolutely kidding yourself if you call JThomas a TE. He can stay outside where he belongs. I have to say though, at least DThomas plays injured.

Simple Jaded
01-15-2015, 01:32 PM
Tell Ya what, if DT is not irreplaceable then let them both go, cause JT isn't half the football player DT is.

Lancane
01-15-2015, 01:33 PM
According to Jeff Legwold Juluis Thomas reps have already informed the Broncos of their intentions to demand Top 3 money and to be paid like a WR. **** that, **** him and **** his candyass, big-game-disappearing, bed wetting basketball mentality.

It's beyond my ability to process to say that the Brincos would have been below .500 without JT, that's revealing.

According to Jeff Legwold Tebow had an Elephant Trunk for a ****, I don't listen to Denver Media much. They have messed up so much news that PFT seems legit!

Secondly, he'll only receive top tight end money and his reps damn well know it.

Simple Jaded
01-15-2015, 01:34 PM
Sign either DThomas or Jthomas. They are both WR's. You're absolutely kidding yourself if you call JThomas a TE. He can stay outside where he belongs. I have to say though, at least DThomas plays injured.

JT sure as **** isn't a Top WR though, if he wants to be paid like a WR it's actually hurting his bargaining power.

Lancane
01-15-2015, 01:35 PM

They use to say the same thing about Sharpe. And J. Thomas is not going to be targeted as a wideout but as a pass-catching tight end. And great D. Thomas plays injured, funny how many times he seems to be injured or irrelevant.

Simple Jaded
01-15-2015, 01:35 PM
According to Jeff Legwold Tebow had an Elephant Trunk for a ****, I don't listen to Denver Media much. They have messed up so much news that PFT seems legit!

Secondly, he'll only receive top tight end money and his reps damn well know it.

I'm just passing along his info, you don't need to be Deep Throat to Get that info.

Simple Jaded
01-15-2015, 01:37 PM
They use to say the same thing about Sharpe. And J. Thomas is not going to be targeted as a wideout but as a pass-catching tight end. And great D. Thomas plays injured, funny how many times he seems to be injured or irrelevant.
Sharpe at least tried to block, he said JT should be embarrassed. Justifying JT over DT is utterly pointless, DT even blocks better.

silkamilkamonico
01-15-2015, 01:37 PM

The run game was never bad with Sharpe. The run game is garbage when Jthomas is playing TE. Coincidence? I think not. And we need to stop comparing JThomas and SSharpe. They are 2 completely different type of players. SHarpe was a bad ass salty SOB who did anything to win. JThomas is a candyass who doesn't like to be inconvenienced with anything. The guy is a soft, soft, soft football player.

silkamilkamonico
01-15-2015, 01:38 PM
........................DT even blocks better.

This is so true, and so sad on so many levels.

Simple Jaded
01-15-2015, 01:39 PM
Soft as Baby Shit, from now on that's his name. Baby Shit. Or BS for short. . .fitting.

TXBRONC
01-15-2015, 01:39 PM

I'm agreeing completely with you that Demaryius is/should be the highest priority. I just don't think J. Thomas and he is one of the best receiving tight ends in the League. If the Broncos want him back I think they'll be able to do that without breaking the bank.

Simple Jaded
01-15-2015, 01:45 PM
I'm sorry to be a dick about it Lan but JT physically makes me completely redassed. I am literally pissed off right now.

Simple Jaded
01-15-2015, 01:48 PM
I'm agreeing completely with you that Demaryius is/should be the highest priority. I just don't think J. Thomas and he is one of the best receiving tight ends in the League. If the Broncos want him back I think they'll be able to do that without breaking the bank.

Of course, I'm not even saying I don't want JT to end his career as a Bronco, just as long as he is used and paid along the lines of other thoroughly one-dimensional TE's. Even if he's overpaid, just not as it's not Top TE pay, he's not a Top TE. I can't see losing a handful of glue-players because JT makes $10 MM.

Lancane
01-15-2015, 01:48 PM
The run game was never bad with Sharpe. The run game is garbage when Jthomas is playing TE. Coincidence? I think not. And we need to stop comparing JThomas and SSharpe. They are 2 completely different type of players. SHarpe was a bad ass salty SOB who did anything to win. JThomas is a candyass who doesn't like to be inconvenienced with anything. The guy is a soft, soft, soft football player.

Yeah, I guess I remember more then you do why he was a 7th Round pick, they said he was too slow to be a receiver and had trouble blocking not to mention was from a small school. Sharpe played with a chip on his shoulder to disprove everyone and he did. I am not saying J.Thomas is on par with Sharpe, IMHO Sharpe is the greatest tight end to ever play the game - but from a quarterback's standpoint, like Elway has or Manning will have, is a Jacob Tamme or Virgil Green better then a Julius Thomas? Maybe they can go for Owen Daniels in Free Agency, but you can bet your ass that Elway remembers the years Sharpe was in Baltimore and we had second-tier tight ends trying to fit a pass catching tight end role and couldn't do it. Just so you know Witten made 8.5 Million this year, Davis made 7.5 million whereas Larry Fitzgerald made 8.6 million and Welker made 7.6 million. No matter what he was going to make receiver like money!

Simple Jaded
01-15-2015, 01:54 PM
A combo of Jermaine Gresham and Rob Housler replace JT adequately, provided Virgil is also brought back. Green is a good football player, I think he's underused too.

You can have a combination of any two of these TE's for the same price as JT, admittedly not nearly the receiving threat but. . .oh well.

silkamilkamonico
01-15-2015, 01:57 PM
Yeah, I guess I remember more then you do why he was a 7th Round pick, they said he was too slow to be a receiver and had trouble blocking not to mention was from a small school.

I remember exactly how Sharpe was coming into the league. I remember how he was at Savannah State. I also remember, 4 years into the leage, he was a badass shitalking salty SOB who played hurt and did anything to win - so I'm just going to disregard this comment considering how completely irrelevant it is comparing someone coming into the league, and then 4 seasons into it which is where JThomas is now.

Jthomas is a great recieveing option when he's healthy and wants to play, but like I said before, keep his ass out in space and away from the LOS, because all he is along there is a complete liability to the team when the playcall isn't going to favor his trait. The only thing worse than his actually blocking, is his effort when he does block, and there's a reason why our running game was tenfold better when Virgil Green was in and Jthomas was out. He can be a contributor, but not for a hard nosed salty running team that wants to play with an attitude, because that just simply isn't who he is.

Lancane
01-15-2015, 02:01 PM
A combo of Jermaine Gresham and Rob Housler replace JT adequately, provided Virgil is also brought back. Green is a good football player, I think he's underused too.

You can have a combination of any two of these TE's for the same price as JT, admittedly not nearly the receiving threat but. . .oh well.

And I understand that, but were talking about an organization ran by a legendary quarterback and a soon to be HOF quarterback, while blocking tight ends are invaluable to run offenses, a pass catching tight end is invaluable to a quarterback. Of course I am a fan of offenses that utilize blocking fullbacks, so a blocking tight end is less important IMHO. I get what you and Silk are getting at and why you are so mad at J.Thomas, but he was far from the only Bronco to disappear on the team, you could say the whole offense became invisible give Anderson.

Simple Jaded
01-15-2015, 03:06 PM
Yeah. I wouldn't like going into the season without a pass catching TE either, but I think Housler could be that, not as lethal as JT but still a huge step up from Tamme. I also think Green has more to offer in this area. Gresham is a good redzone target and what he lacks in JT's dynamic there he'd make up for in the goaline running game.

Btw, this discussion is utter bullshit, because JT can block if he wants to. Green is basically the same athlete, the big difference is he is willing to get dirty.

VonDoom
01-15-2015, 03:26 PM
Yeah. I wouldn't like going into the season without a pass catching TE either, but I think Housler could be that, not as lethal as JT but still a huge step up from Tamme. I also think Green has more to offer in this area. Gresham is a good redzone target and what he lacks in JT's dynamic there he'd make up for in the goaline running game.

Btw, this discussion is utter bullshit, because JT can block if he wants to. Green is basically the same athlete, the big difference is he is willing to get dirty.

I don't see why we didn't use Green more as a receiving threat this year. He's not JT, but if we actually threw it his way occasionally, our running plays might not have been so obvious.

Simple Jaded
01-15-2015, 03:34 PM
I don't see why we didn't use Green more as a receiving threat this year. He's not JT, but if we actually threw it his way occasionally, our running plays might not have been so obvious.

Great point.

Krugan
01-15-2015, 03:37 PM

The offense has been anything but creative for quite some time, where the problem lies im guessing is many fold.

Green caught a couple nice passes from Oz, so his hands arent totally bricks :)

jhildebrand
01-15-2015, 04:01 PM
Dude, you need to quit smoking that crap for your glaucoma!
I don't smoke. But I do drink. A LOT! Sometimes, like when the Broncos lay Easter Eggs in January, A TON!

Julius Thomas is probably the main target of the Broncos to re-sign...
I bet their priority, which we will know by the press reports, is DT then Knighton, then JT.

it is hard to find those elite tight ends in this league and no way in hell do I see John letting him leave, given he knew what it was like without Sharpe. J.
It is hard to find elite TE's. Where you and I differ is in labeling him elite. JT wont block. For all the comparisons to Graham he is a terrible blocker. It forces this team to carry 2nd and even a 3rd TE. Plain and simple it affected the offense in so many ways namely the opposing D could more easily diagnose plays when JT was pulled for Tamme/Green. Elite TE's are on the field for 3 downs and can not only block but block well.

Thomas is ranked second or third on the free agency list only Suh and one other was ranked higher by the press - and besides, we'd have lost more then won without Julius. Julius was out for a stretch of games and the team did just fine. In fact, going back to elite the staff felt he was ready LONG before he actually returned. To hammer, one final time, on the elite point-ELITE is Gronk. Elite is a guy who blocks, who fights for yards, who shows up, not disappears, in big games.

As for Demaryius, well I would rather see them sign Knighton to a long-term deal and tag Demaryius but only in order to trade him - I fully agree that he is not worth the money that he'll garner whereas I have long stated Knighton was due a lengthy deal.

We agree that Knighton is worth the money. However, DT is and HAS to be the top priority. Guys like he and Calvin Johnson and Julio Jones don't grow on trees. The BIGGER reason he has to be the number one priority is this team will be going to a new QB next year or the season following at the latest. If it is Os, which it should be given the resources this team has into him, he will need every weapon available to give him every opportunity to succeed.

DT's in the draft are the way to go. However, as we have seen with Sylvestor Williams, BJ Raji, Dareus, Daton Jones, and down the line they take 3 to 4 years to develop.

Simple Jaded
01-15-2015, 04:06 PM
I can't watch Yo Soi Fiesta throw that Colts DB outta the club without thinking "**** you Julius", true story.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-15-2015, 04:10 PM
I can't watch Yo Soi Fiesta throw that Colts DB outta the club without thinking "**** you Julius", true story.

Wha?

PatriotsGuy
01-15-2015, 04:11 PM
Wha?

Yo soi fiesta = Gronk http://www.csnne.com/blog/patriots-talk/gronkowski-i-took-him-and-threw-him-out-club

TXBRONC
01-15-2015, 05:38 PM

By Green's own admission two years ago he said needed to improve on running routes.

TXBRONC
01-15-2015, 05:41 PM
The offense has been anything but creative for quite some time, where the problem lies im guessing is many fold.

Green caught a couple nice passes from Oz, so his hands arent totally bricks :)

He has always had good hands the problem has been in running routes.

Simple Jaded
01-15-2015, 06:42 PM
He has always had good hands the problem has been in running routes.

To be fair JT hasn't exactly been getting separation either.

pnbronco
01-15-2015, 10:46 PM
Does anyone know what players are free agents this year?

Can you please list them somewhere? Thanks

jhildebrand
01-15-2015, 11:02 PM
Does anyone know what players are free agents this year?

Can you please list them somewhere? Thanks

There are 17. I will begin naming them and see if I cant edit this later to get the ones I miss:
Quinton Carter
Wes Welker
Terence Knighton
Demaryius Thomas
Julius Thomas
Virgil Green
Jacob Tamme
Will Montgomery
Nate Irving
Orlando Franklin
Rahim Moore
Mitch Unrein
Steven Johnson*
Aaron Brewer*
Tony Carter*
Brandon Marshall*
Ben Garland
Paul Cornick
John Youboty
Austin Wuebbels

*Restricted Free Agent

jhildebrand
01-15-2015, 11:07 PM
Here is my take on the list

Quinton Carter-Good player when healthy. Resigning him shouldn't be hard nor expensive
Wes Welker-GONE
Terence Knighton-Will get an offer. Depends on his bromance with Del Rio. Count him as gone.
Demaryius Thomas-HE WILL BE RE-SIGNED
Julius Thomas-tag him like a cheap markdown at walmart
Virgil Green-shouldn't be hard to keep around. Not sure they will want to.
Jacob Tamme-gone
Will Montgomery-need to resign him after the debacle of Manny and Walton
Nate Irving-need to resign. Need to see how he recovers.
Orlando Franklin-resign him. Only player on line with heart. Vazquez too.
Rahim Moore-He is sooo young. Need to sign him. If he gets expensive-even a tiny bit-bye bye
Mitch Unrein-meh
Steven Johnson*
Aaron Brewer*
Tony Carter*BYE BYE
Brandon Marshall*
Ben Garland-probably sticks around
Paul Cornick-gone
John Youboty-don't know
Austin Wuebbels-don't know

*Restricted Free Agent

ShaneFalco
01-16-2015, 12:57 AM
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/broncos-player-reportedly-fined-300-171300324.html

Broncos Player Reportedly Fined $300,000 For Being Overweight, Could Leave Team

Pudge
01-16-2015, 01:19 AM
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/broncos-player-reportedly-fined-300-171300324.html

Misleading quote

Simple Jaded
01-16-2015, 02:17 AM
I think that article is revealing, hard for Potroast to be butthurt over this if the Broncos have that high of an opinion of him.

Lancane
01-16-2015, 02:31 AM
I think that article is revealing, hard for Potroast to be butthurt over this if the Broncos have that high of an opinion of him.

Completely agree with you there. But as you know, sometimes it is just not good enough for them.

Simple Jaded
01-16-2015, 02:38 AM
Completely agree with you there. But as you know, sometimes it is just not good enough for them.

A lot of players would hear their team thinks he could be the best in the league and would want them to pay him accordingly.

Lancane
01-16-2015, 02:41 AM
A lot of players would hear their team thinks he could be the best in the league and would want them to pay him accordingly.

Could you imagine if these players had to go back to when it all began and work full-time jobs, practice in the evening and playing every Sunday for chump change, the love of the sport and their teams?

Simple Jaded
01-16-2015, 02:46 AM
Could you imagine if these players had to go back to when it all began and work full-time jobs, practice in the evening and playing every Sunday for chump change, the love of the sport and their teams?

Yeah when there was no free agency? One could argue today's system has enabled players like Potroast who can't pass up a meal or others who can't pass up a bong.

VonDoom
01-16-2015, 03:49 PM
Sounds like Knighton did some damage control. Like I said, I'd welcome him back here if he wants to be here (and the price is right, of course):

"I have made it clear that I want to be here. I know I might not be their top priority because of all (the team's other free agents). I am comfortable here. I love the city. I love the fans, and I love the organization," Knighton told The Denver Post Friday. "And I love the fact that (general manager) John Elway puts together a championship-caliber roster every year. Being in Jacksonville, I know what it's like on the other end of the spectrum. With team success comes player success. Me being happy is way more important than money."

The rest: http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_27334114/terrance-knighton-wants-return-broncos-valuing-happiness-over

Northman
01-16-2015, 03:57 PM
I knew my tweet would get through to him.

Poet
01-16-2015, 03:58 PM
I knew my tweet would get through to him.

Wanna do me a favor and talk to Marvin Lewis for me.

OB
01-16-2015, 04:00 PM
I think I will make pot roast for dinner tomorrow night :D

Poet
01-16-2015, 04:04 PM
I think I will make pot roast for dinner tomorrow night :D

That is premeditated murder! You are a monster!

Northman
01-16-2015, 04:04 PM
Wanna do me a favor and talk to Marvin Lewis for me.

:lol:

Dude, dont do that. I almost lost it in my cube just now.

Poet
01-16-2015, 04:09 PM
:lol:

Dude, dont do that. I almost lost it in my cube just now.

Look, if I don't see Marvin Lewis put out an emotionally stirring speech in the next day or so we ain't friends.

BroncoNut
01-16-2015, 04:10 PM
eff you Terrence. love that guy though, effin awesome

Northman
01-16-2015, 04:12 PM
Look, if I don't see Marvin Lewis put out an emotionally stirring speech in the next day or so we ain't friends.

Well shit, i need to get right on that then. Cant lose you! I cant quit you!

GEM
01-16-2015, 04:14 PM
Alright Pot Roast....I'm a sucker....I love that guy so I forgive him for now...but I reserve the right to tell him to **** off again any damn time I want to in the future.

Poet
01-16-2015, 04:16 PM
Alright Pot Roast....I'm a sucker....I love that guy so I forgive him for now...but I reserve the right to tell him to **** off again any damn time I want to in the future.

GEM is a cruel mistress.

GEM
01-16-2015, 04:17 PM
GEM is a cruel mistress.

You're damn right! I giveth and I taketh away!

Poet
01-16-2015, 04:22 PM
You're damn right! I giveth and I taketh away!

There's a joke here and it's not appropriate.

Pot Roast should sign with the Bengals. There. I said it.

Northman
01-16-2015, 04:27 PM
There's a joke here and it's not appropriate.

t.

Bwhahahahahaha, i said the same thing.

Poet
01-16-2015, 04:27 PM
Bwhahahahahaha, i said the same thing.

It warms my heart that you think Pot Roast should be a Bengal.

You're a good man.

GEM
01-16-2015, 04:43 PM
Go **** yourself, King! No Pot Roast for you! :tsk:

Poet
01-16-2015, 04:45 PM
:laugh:

TXBRONC
01-16-2015, 06:01 PM

What if he sent you two slabs of premium center cut bacon?

Poet
01-16-2015, 06:10 PM
What if he sent you two slabs of premium center cut bacon?

I'd vie up bacon for a decade just to get a real coach.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-16-2015, 08:17 PM
Terrance Knighton faces an uncertain future, but his feelings for the Broncos remain constant. The popular free agent defensive tackle wants to return Denver, where he has emerged as a locker room leader and consistent contributor on the field.

"I have made it clear that I want to be here. I know I might not be their top priority because of all (the team's other free agents). I am comfortable here. I love the city. I love the fans, and I love the organization," Knighton told The Denver Post Friday. "And I love the fact that (general manager) John Elway puts together a championship-caliber roster every year. Being in Jacksonville, I know what it's like on the other end of the spectrum. With team success comes player success. Me being happy is way more important than money."

For Knighton, this week became a bit of a nightmare. Near the end of the regular season he predicted the Broncos would win the Super Bowl — confidence he admitted drawing from Elway's midseason talk to the team — and Denver bowed out meekly at home against the Indianapolis Colts on Sunday.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_27334114/terrance-knighton-wants-return-broncos-valuing-happiness-over

Joel
01-16-2015, 08:31 PM
Yeah when there was no free agency? One could argue today's system has enabled players like Potroast who can't pass up a meal or others who can't pass up a bong.
It's not just free agency; willing teams always could and did trade ubertalented headaches for half a day-old sandwich, or just cut them and let them go begging for any work they could get. Free agency DID grossly inflate top salaries, but that wasn't a problem for billionaire owners getting half the gate and $300+ million in annual revenue sharing—until the cap came along to not only limit teams total salaries but prevent them bailing on any and every All Pros contract when turning into Aaron Hernandez hurts ratings and ticket sales more than even the best play can help.

Look at Adrian Peterson: He came within a first down of the season rushing record fresh off a torn ACL, so Minnesota gave him the kind of huge guarantees a HoFer in his prime expects, over a long contract so they could soften the cap blow—and now he's a pariah who may never play another down. They'd LOVE to get rid of him, but all potential trade partners know that and how unpopular he is, so no one's racing to blow up their cap for a guy who may be done. The Vikings thus have every incentive to go along to get along and pray to Goodell he's allowed on the field next year.

Todays owners have a LOT invested in todays stars, most of whom know that means they can get away with being prima donnas or even public menaces to a degree impossible even in the decade after free agency boosted contracts but before the salary cap made them at least partially binding (and constricting.) Pet players obliterating team discipline by going over hard-nosed coaches heads to sympathetic owners has gone from unheard of to common, but a lot of that's because star players get paid and generate several times the money of any coach except maybe Belicheat.

That may not apply to Pot Roast NOW, but the way it's changed the NFL there's no telling if Denver will give him a contract with a $20 million cap hit spread over three seasons only to end up just eating it when DPD pulls him over for speeding tomorrow and finds ten keys of coke in his trunk next to a dead hooker. These days, injuries are often the least of a teams concerns about big contracts. But those happen, too, even long after retirement, so the flip side is if a journeyman or rookie makes a Pro Bowl or two he demands "bank" on his next contract before he's too old or injured to get it.

Guess stuff like this is why they call it PROFESSIONAL football, but today's NFL is like the Navy: It's not just a job, it's an adventure.

Joel
01-16-2015, 08:33 PM
rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_27334114/terrance-knighton-wants-return-broncos-valuing-happiness-over
A key ingredient in happiness is not wondering how to pay for a hip replacement at 40.

WTE
01-16-2015, 10:54 PM
A key ingredient in happiness is not wondering how to pay for a hip replacement at 40.

With the way your fingers work the keyboards you're going to pay for a knuckle replacement at 50.

Simple Jaded
01-16-2015, 11:42 PM
I'd vie up bacon for a decade just to get a real coach.

Does vie up mean cutback?

Lancane
01-17-2015, 05:16 PM
Does vie up mean cutback?

I'll believe that when I see it. King giving up Bacon would be akin to the Browns winning a Super Bowl - neither is likely to happen anytime soon! :lol:

HORSEPOWER 56
01-17-2015, 05:52 PM
Pot Roast has a lot of loyalty to JDR. I don't really blame him. He was a monster and fan favorite in Jax until JDR got fired. Then somehow the new staff didn't use him/like him and he got benched. JDR was a big reason he came to Denver and he has played very well for us. JDR gave him his first shot and then resurrected his career. I'd love to keep him, but if he moves on I won't hate him for it.

Slick
01-17-2015, 05:55 PM
Pot Roast has a lot of loyalty to JDR. I don't really blame him. He was a monster and fan favorite in Jax until JDR got fired. Then somehow the new staff didn't use him/like him and he got benched. JDR was a big reason he came to Denver and he has played very well for us. JDR gave him his first shot and then resurrected his career. I'd love to keep him, but if he moves on I won't hate him for it.

I won't hate him for it either. I'll be suprised if he leaves a team that put him in the playoffs and took him to a Superbowl for a bottom feeder unless the contract offers are miles apart.

His comments after the game pissed me off a little but I was emotional after the loss and I didn't even play so I can understand him being so.

Simple Jaded
01-17-2015, 08:15 PM
I'll believe that when I see it. King giving up Bacon would be akin to the Browns winning a Super Bowl - neither is likely to happen anytime soon! :lol:

I can't blame King. I won't give up bacon, sorry Broncos, these arteries won't clog themselves.