PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Reds Thread!!!

Bronco9798
01-14-2015, 10:36 AM
i know we're still a few months away but once we get March madness out of the way Baseball will be next up. My Reds aren't really considered to be a major player in the NL Central, but you have to have some sort of hope.

The biggest loss this year were Latos. Cueto will of course be the No #1. Looks like Bailey will move to #2 spot and #3 will go to Leake. Reds are going to have problems with that #4 and #5 spot. I guess spring training will determine those spots.

The pick of Marlyn Byrd is a so so move. He should move to the clean up spot in between Votto and Bruce. Byrd K's a lot though. He has power but he's also 37.

Hamilton will lead off and he should just keep getting better. His speed is fun to watch. He should expand on his steals from last year and lead the majors this year.

Line up should look something like this right now.

1. Hamilton
2. Phillips
3. Votto
4. Byrd
5. Bruce
6. Morasco
7. Frazier
8. Cozart

Once again Chapman will be fun to watch closing games out.

Not sure what to expect this year, but I'll gang with them as long as they are in contention!!!

GO REDS!!!!!!!

CoachChaz
01-14-2015, 10:43 AM
i know we're still a few months away but once we get March madness out of the way Baseball will be next up. My Reds aren't really considered to be a major player in the NL Central, but you have to have some sort of hope.

The biggest loss this year were Latos. Cueto will of course be the No #1. Looks like Bailey will move to #2 spot and #3 will go to Leake. Reds are going to have problems with that #4 and #5 spot. I guess spring training will determine those spots.

The pick of Marlyn Byrd is a so so move. He should move to the clean up spot in between Votto and Bruce. Byrd K's a lot though. He has power but he's also 37.

Hamilton will lead off and he should just keep getting better. His speed is fun to watch. He should expand on his steals from last year and lead the majors this year.

Line up should look something like this right now.

1. Hamilton
2. Phillips
3. Votto
4. Byrd
5. Bruce
6. Morasco
7. Frazier
8. Cozart

Once again Chapman will be fun to watch closing games out.

Not sure what to expect this year, but I'll gang with them as long as they are in contention!!!

GO REDS!!!!!!!

Rotation isnt as deep anymore and it might lose Cueto at the deadline if they cant extend him...which isnt looking good because they still have a few key players waiting on arbitration raises.

They wont suck this year, but if the lineup plays to it's ability, they could finish middle of the pack. That division is going to be fun to watch

Bronco9798
01-14-2015, 10:54 AM
Rotation isnt as deep anymore and it might lose Cueto at the deadline if they cant extend him...which isnt looking good because they still have a few key players waiting on arbitration raises.

They wont suck this year, but if the lineup plays to it's ability, they could finish middle of the pack. That division is going to be fun to watch

They have freed some money to get Cueto signed. You have names like Holmberg and Axelrod vying for that #4 and #5 spot.

If Merasco can hit like he did last year and Byrd can hit without K'ing all the time the middle of the line up could be solid.

Buff
01-14-2015, 10:55 AM
The Reds have a lot of boom or bust type of players - Phillips, Bailey, Mesoraco and Bruce all fit the bill, now they've added Byrd. I think they've got a high ceiling but could have a low floor. One of the more interesting teams because of their potential.

Bronco9798
01-14-2015, 10:59 AM
The Reds have a lot of boom or bust type of players - Phillips, Bailey, Mesoraco and Bruce all fit the bill, now they've added Byrd. I think they've got a high ceiling but could have a low floor. One of the more interesting teams because of their potential.

Central is always tough with the Cardinals in there. Pittsburgh should contend with them for the top spot again this year. Milwaukee came out the gate blazing last year and saw where they ended up. I don't think they will come out like that this year. I'll predict it comes down to Cards and Pirates, but I just got to hope the Reds can stay close and compete.

MOtorboat
01-14-2015, 12:12 PM
I'm always higher on the Reds rotation than anyone else, so we can get that out of the way for the year already.

Buff
01-14-2015, 12:14 PM
I'm always higher on the Reds rotation than anyone else, so we can get that out of the way for the year already.

I have Cueto as a keeper after my Cespedes trade last year, so I am all in on him.

MOtorboat
01-14-2015, 12:14 PM
I have Cueto as a keeper after my Cespedes trade last year, so I am all in on him.

I have a historical bromance with the Reds rotation.

CoachChaz
01-14-2015, 12:26 PM

Yes you do.

Buff
01-14-2015, 12:27 PM

How did this start? Let's explore your feelings here a little bit...

MOtorboat
01-14-2015, 12:31 PM
How did this start? Let's explore your feelings here a little bit...

I'm not really sure what there is to not like about it.

Buff
01-14-2015, 12:49 PM
I'm not really sure what there is to not like about it.

Homer Bailey flopped big time after getting paid last year. Latos is gone. Leake is Leake. Cingrani looked like he might not live up to potential last year. Beyond Cueto, I'm not sure if I'm as high on them as you... But then, you just said that nobody is.

Bronco9798
01-14-2015, 12:52 PM
Homer Bailey flopped big time after getting paid last year. Latos is gone. Leake is Leake. Cingrani looked like he might not live up to potential last year. Beyond Cueto, I'm not sure if I'm as high on them as you... But then, you just said that nobody is.

Cingrani probably doesn't make rotation this year. I'm still looking for one move/pickup by the Reds. Bailey is the key guy this year in that #2 spot. He has to produce.

CoachChaz
01-14-2015, 12:54 PM
But what kind of move can be expected? They just salary dumped 2 of their better pitchers. If you're interested, I'm sure we can make a deal for Ubaldo Jimenez. I know Baltimore talked with the Reds last month about Jay Bruce. maybe we can rekindle that option

MOtorboat
01-14-2015, 12:55 PM

I will say, my original bromance was sparked by Latos.

Bronco9798
01-14-2015, 12:57 PM
But what kind of move can be expected? They just salary dumped 2 of their better pitchers. If you're interested, I'm sure we can make a deal for Ubaldo Jimenez. I know Baltimore talked with the Reds last month about Jay Bruce. maybe we can rekindle that option

I think Jockety (<sp) is still exploring options. There's a slew of prospects in the farm system. Most aren't ready yet though. We'll see.

Bronco9798
01-19-2015, 06:17 PM
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/redsblog/2015/01/16/011614-leake-cozart-reds/21869153/

With starter Mike Leake and shortstop Zack Cozart agreeing to one-year deals on Friday, the Reds still have three players who are arbitration eligible.

Still left without a contract for 2015 are All-Stars Aroldis Chapman, Todd Frazier and Devin Mesoraco. The arbitration process would settle the players' salary for the 2015 season.

Leake agreed to a one-year deal worth $9.775 million, while Cozart will earn $2.3 million in 2015, according to sources.

Reds really need to get something done with Merasco and Chapman. I'm sure they will. Just formalities.

Bronco9798
01-26-2015, 02:29 PM
Reds sign Merasco to a 4 year extension today. Glad they got him signed.

Bronco9798
02-13-2015, 03:36 PM
http://m.reds.mlb.com/news/article/109167176/reds-aroldis-chapman-agree-on-one-year-deal-avoid-arbitration?tcid=tw_share

CINCINNATI -- At the 11th hour before a hearing, the Reds and All-Star closer Aroldis Chapman avoided arbitration on Friday by agreeing to a one-year contract worth $8.05 million.

Dapper Dan
02-13-2015, 09:55 PM
I'd like to see the Reds celebrating Pete Rose gaining HoF eligibility at the All Star game.

Bronco9798
03-15-2015, 07:54 PM
Rotation:

Johnny Cueto

Mike Leake

Anthony DeSclafani

Tony Cingrani

Jason Marquis

Bullpen:

Aroldis Chapman

Burke Badenhop

Jumbo Diaz

Manny Parra

Sam LeCure

Michael Lorenzen

Raisel Iglesias

Starting 8:

Billy Hamilton CF

Joey Votto 1B

Todd Frazier 3B

Jay Bruce RF

Marlon Byrd LF

Devin Mesoraco C

Brandon Phillips 2B

Zack Cozart SS

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/mlb/reds/2015/03/14/cincinnati-reds-baseball-projected-roster/70302400/