PDA

View Full Version : Why Our Head Coach Search Could Be Limited....

WARHORSE
01-13-2015, 09:59 PM
I love John Elway. Hes the man. Every Bronco fan in america has allegiance to the Duke of Mile High. His ability to compete on the highest levels makes him a go to guy in almost any situation.

And his ability to put a team together has been amazing to watch.

But...............

If Im a head coach.......Im not sure I want to be in Denver. On most NFL teams, the headcoach is the go to guy for answers as to whats going on with a team. In Denver, John Elway is the guy.

Fox was in my opinion, a sidekick for much of the time. How many pressers did you see where it was Elway speaking when on every other team in the league it would have been a head coach?

I think Elway may be more involved than he should be. Im wondering if maybe thats why Fox and the Duke werent getting along too well?

And if thats the case...........every head coaching candidate out there knows about it by now. A

Part two: Wonder if Peyton thinks John is too involved too? No clarity on whos actually behind the wheel of this caddy?

Ruh Roh. :driver:

tomjonesrocks
01-13-2015, 10:04 PM
I had 2 paragraphs written but deleted them.

I'll just say "I'm not worried".

Bronco9798
01-13-2015, 10:41 PM
I think it's limited to Kubiak. All other interviews are formalities and to meet the Rooney rule, of course. (Stupid rule, but whatever).

Denver Native (Carol)
01-13-2015, 10:52 PM
Living in Denver, John Fox was on the tv all of the time. He had a weekly show on the local FOX station titled - "FOX ON FOX". After each game, both John Fox and Peyton spoke. During the season, you saw Fox on tv much more than Elway, unless it was something like today. Also, when Peyton was signed, both Elway and Fox were there for the press conference.

tripp
01-13-2015, 10:54 PM
I don't think Elway was as involved as you think he was. I think he's done everything right so far. He's had a talk with the team when they needed one, but outside of that, I thought John Fox did most of the talking. It didn't ever feel like he had an abnormal HC role.

He knows as a player what its like to compete at a high level at an old age, and I think he's done everything well when it comes to giving Peyton space to think about his future with the Broncos.

I'm not worried about it.

spikerman
01-13-2015, 10:54 PM
I like Fox, but damn I wish I would have seen him get mad at least once.

WARHORSE
01-13-2015, 10:58 PM
You local fellas would know more than me, I defer comment. But Glazer, who claims to be really close to Fox, said it wasnt only Fox and Elway that were at odds, it was the whole staff and Elway.

I didnt like the sound of that.

My hopes for the Broncos are always the same though.

I hope we choose the right guy and I hope the right guy chooses us.

spikerman
01-13-2015, 11:00 PM
You local fellas would know more than me, I defer comment. But Glazer, who claims to be really close to Fox, said it wasnt only Fox and Elway that were at odds, it was the whole staff and Elway.

My hopes for the Broncos are always the same though.

I hope we choose the right guy and I hope the right guy chooses us.

Obviously none of us know what the situation truly was, but if that's the best effort this staff could get out of the team put me in Elway's corner.

Simple Jaded
01-14-2015, 01:40 AM
Fox and Manning were by far the face of the organization, and both were top notch in their role. From where I sat Elway was very behind the scenes as far as press conferences and such.

In hindsight I'd have to say it bolsters my confidence in Elway that he had issues with the entire staff and not just a scapegoat, as we all know each e phase of the game cost this team during the season. My imagination tells me this maybe comes from the urgency and pressure he put on the team to win a SB, whether we like it or not I doubt these meetings are all peaches and cream.

Davii
01-14-2015, 01:50 AM
I think Elway was forced to be more involved than he wants to be and that's a lot of the reason Fox is gone. John fired up the team a few times not because he wanted to but because it's not Fox's nature and someone had to. Hence the "kicking and screaming" comment and others.

Npba900
01-14-2015, 05:41 PM
I think it's limited to Kubiak. All other interviews are formalities and to meet the Rooney rule, of course. (Stupid rule, but whatever).

I think Kubiak is too comfortable with just OC responsibility's vs HC responsibility.

Bronco9798
01-14-2015, 05:43 PM
I think Kubiak is too comfortable with just OC responsibility's vs HC responsibility.

Yeah, you're probably right. He is in the process of building a new house right now in Baltimore.

Npba900
01-14-2015, 05:44 PM
I think Elway was forced to be more involved than he wants to be and that's a lot of the reason Fox is gone. John fired up the team a few times not because he wanted to but because it's not Fox's nature and someone had to. Hence the "kicking and screaming" comment and others.

I'm thinking Elway may go with a hiring a college HC if John thinks the team needs a fusion of excitement and getting fired up to play with intensity.

Joel
01-14-2015, 06:48 PM

Well, what WOULD Foxs media pal say? "Elway got along great with everyone else, but him and my chum fought constantly."

That was my thought exactly. Remember when Elway made his first unprecedented speech to the whole team? Remember when "unprecedented" became merely "rare"? By the end of this year we were approaching "customary;" rallying the team with halftime locker room speeches is the COACHS job, but if the coach isn't doing it, or does it so badly the team plods through another big loss....

People kept defending the screw ups and listless play from a roster full of Pro Bowlers by saying Elway picked the players, Del Rio and Gase drew up game plans and ran practices, Manning's his own OC, and I kept asking "if they're doing all those things, what are we paying Fox to do?" Evidently Elway's been asking himself the same same question.