PDA

View Full Version : Belichick for Coach (or COWHER?)

mouthofsouth
01-13-2015, 05:23 PM
Before you jump all over me, hear me out. I am part joking, part serious and part speculating.

If the Patriots win the Super Bowl this year, which is a great possibility, Bill Belichick, the best coach the NFL has ever seen, will have done it all for the Patriots, and have nothing else to prove with them. Four rings. How about a fifth with a different team?

If offered enough money and other incentives, would he accept the challenge of showing the world that HE can get the Broncos to the Super Bowl and win it, and get Peyton Manning that 2nd ring? It is obvious the man greatly respects Manning, and how better could he prove to the world that he is the best coach ever in the NFL than to make it all happen for the Denver Broncos and for Manning?

I am putting this forth without knowing of Belichick's contract situation with the Patriots. I am sure that he is locked into a long term contract and that the Patriots would fight with all their might to keep him. But miracles have happened before.

Maybe I am just being foolish. Of course the man is probably never going to leave New England until he retires permanently from football. After all, if he defected to another team, it would be comparable on the college level to Nick Saban leaving LSU and ultimately ending up with hated Alabama.

But who knows? Just saying.

Now, to a much more possible scenario: BILL COWHER. What an opportunity if he wants to come out of retirement and coach again. And he is a great coach! Go for him, John!

BroncoWave
01-13-2015, 05:25 PM
Bill Cowher isn't coming back. He has had PLENTY of opportunities in the last 10 years had he really wanted to. I can't believe his name still comes up every offseason. Even IF he did want to come back, I wouldn't want someone who has been out of the game for 10 years.

Joel
01-13-2015, 05:44 PM
Belicheat's not going anywhere; even with his resume and reputation, NO ONE else will give him the kind of absolute power he has in NE. It's very rare for a head coach to go out on top rather than having to be pushed out the door after crashing back to earth. Vermeil did it, but not to switch teams, and Vermeil's a special case because he's retired more times than Blanda and Favre. Great coaches are almost as hard to find as great QBs, for the same reason: The great ones can write their own tickets—until they're not great anymore, at which point they're far less desirable.

It would be ironic if Manning got Kubes though, because when Indy released Manning I thought he was ideal for a Texans roster with a great HC, DC and OC, stacked at ALL positions—except their awful QB. Manning would've saved Kubiaks job, and made them both SB winners by now; instead, Schaub got him fired three seasons too late to take over from McDumbass in Denver, which already had a coaching staff in place and wasn't about to make Manning start over learning a different guys system at 38. Timing is often everything.

weazel
01-13-2015, 05:46 PM
:questionmark::balloons::marchmellow::drinking::el efant::confused:

MOtorboat
01-13-2015, 05:46 PM
Um. That's not going to happen. Belicheck is John Elway in that organization. He just happens to go on the field on game days too.

chazoe60
01-13-2015, 05:50 PM
Cowher is so overrated.

BroncoWave
01-13-2015, 05:52 PM
Cowher is so overrated.

He was a good coach in his time, but 10 years removed from the game now I think he'd be a total flop if he came back.

BroncoJoe
01-13-2015, 05:55 PM
No, and no.

thanks for the thread though.

smith49
01-13-2015, 06:36 PM
No and hell no. Belacheat was a proven train wreck until luck got in the way. Meaning if Bledsoe had not gotten hurt and one Tom Brady hadn't walked in he would have been fired from NE just as he had been from his two previous head jobs. Look, Bellacheat has done a good job keeping the pats contenders for a long time, but if not for Brady he'd be considered one of the worst of all time, not the God everyone crowns him as. JMO

Buff
01-13-2015, 06:39 PM
How is it possible that people still bring up Cowher? He wasn't even an attractive candidate immediately after his Super Bowls imo. He'd bring all of the John Fox deficiencies with him, with no added value.

Bob Kraft wouldn't give us Bellichick if we sent him all of our draft picks for the next 2 years + Von Miller.

Other than that, good thread. :D

dogfish
01-13-2015, 06:41 PM
tom landry for head coach!

TXBRONC
01-13-2015, 06:45 PM
tom landry for head coach!

He's unavailable.

dogfish
01-13-2015, 06:49 PM
He's unavailable.

well, so is bill belichick. . . :laugh:

TXBRONC
01-13-2015, 06:53 PM
well, so is bill belichick. . . :laugh:

No doubt.

Pudge
01-13-2015, 07:25 PM
Can we black hole this thread?

BroncoWave
01-13-2015, 07:25 PM
Let's pull Jimmy Johnson out of retirement!

PatriotsGuy
01-13-2015, 07:51 PM
Thank you for spelling his name correctly, dog.