PDA

View Full Version : offseason

NightTerror218
01-11-2015, 08:25 PM
I just wanted a thread about potential moves in off season and not just Fox or Manning talk. Yes I think there will be a coaching shaky down. We have a great roster Elway put together.

I think both Thomases and Pot roast are top priority. I would get Moore and Franklin on cap friendly deals. DT will get tagged.

Free agency moves or draft, shore up OL and MLB and LB depth. Fill holes left by departing FA.

I think manning should retire and we can use cap elsewhere. Every game since the rams game. No trust in OK or something. But deep passes were off. He misses most today, over throq, and no zip on ball. It comes down to do they want Manning or Osweiler since we are going into his last year. Do you groom a guy and let him walk?

CrazyHorse
01-11-2015, 08:36 PM
I think the thigh injury impacted him more than we were led to believe. Not being able to put his bodies into throws affected his performance. I think coaching is a bigger issue.

BigDaddyBronco
01-11-2015, 08:39 PM
Hey we could replace Manning's salary by trading for Cutler. LOL. :barf:

UnderArmour
01-11-2015, 08:46 PM
Let Franklin test the market. Pot Roast and DT are priorities. JT needs to be tagged, but trading him wouldn't be a bad thing. I want Virgil Green back. Hopefully Moore isn't sought after by other teams and we can re-sign him.

NightTerror218
01-11-2015, 08:49 PM
Let Franklin test the market. Pot Roast and DT are priorities. JT needs to be tagged, but trading him wouldn't be a bad thing. I want Virgil Green back. Hopefully Moore isn't sought after.

I would rather have Moore then a hole there. He will get interest. JT won't be tagged, that will be saves for DT just in case. JT should not demand top dollar, with only one healthy season on record.

UnderArmour
01-11-2015, 09:13 PM
I would rather have Moore then a hole there. He will get interest. JT won't be tagged, that will be saves for DT just in case. JT should not demand top dollar, with only one healthy season on record.
Whoops. Phrased my post incorrectly. We do need Moore back. Ideally, we re-sign DT and tag JT because the TE cap number is not as high.

Joel
01-11-2015, 09:22 PM
The same thing I want every season, Pinky: Try and find a legit starting G and MLB (at least my perennial longing for decent DTs is sated, assuming we keep Knighton.) Apart from that, nothing NEEDS changing except coaching, unless Manning really has totally lost it for good (or is just too frustrated to spend another year getting knocked around while chasing a carrot on a stick through the frigid Rockies.)

Northman
01-11-2015, 09:28 PM
I will get in more detail the further the offseason with the draft, etc.

But FA wise i would like to look at these guys who should be affordable,

Bryan Bulaga- OT
Brandon Graham- OLB
Mark Ingram- RB
Devin McCourty- S
Jason Pierre-Paul- DE
Jake Locker- QB
Niles Paul- TE

Cut loose:

Peyton Manning
Julius Thomas

If DT is asking to much than we can let him loose and try to sign someone else but for now i would keep him as long as the price range is right.

ShaneFalco
01-11-2015, 09:33 PM
tebow tebow tebow.

i need to hear the chants again. Its been too long.

PLus it would make ravage and jaded go crazy :)

underrated29
01-11-2015, 09:33 PM
All coaching aside, only players.....

I expect knighton to walk. So DT, and a stud DT at that is a must!
I expect Franklin to come back for cheap.
JT gets a contract he can't refuse and leaves.
DT will be re-signed
Moore will walk. FS is a huge need!
Welker will come back for 2-4 per year or be gone.

I. Would devote a lot of our cap (which will be plentiful) to:
Vernon Davis
Ndamakong suh

I doubt either but as of now they are my top two priorities.

We know we need LG, C, RT, FS, TE, DE, DT, MLB, wr.........we will have lots of cap again, even after we keep DT long term and whoever else.

underrated29
01-11-2015, 09:34 PM
I will get in more detail the further the offseason with the draft, etc.

But FA wise i would like to look at these guys who should be affordable,

Bryan Bulaga- OT
Brandon Graham- OLB
Mark Ingram- RB
Devin McCourty- S
Jason Pierre-Paul- DE
Jake Locker- QB
Niles Paul- TE

Cut loose:

Peyton Manning
Julius Thomas

If DT is asking to much than we can let him loose and try to sign someone else but for now i would keep him as long as the price range is right.

Aside from letting loose people this is a great list. Bologna would be huge and ideal!

underrated29
01-11-2015, 09:34 PM
I don't like locker tho, and JpP may not be a good fit.

chazoe60
01-11-2015, 09:36 PM
Can we trade for Big Ben?

Tebowtime2011
01-11-2015, 09:38 PM
If we get McCourty that would be another incredible but that is a long shot.

Northman
01-11-2015, 09:42 PM
I don't like locker tho, and JpP may not be a good fit.

Locker was really the best option in terms of "veteran" QB play that i liked. He wasnt the total answer but with him, Oz, and maybe a draft pick we could keep afloat until there was a better option.

underrated29
01-11-2015, 09:45 PM
Locker was really the best option in terms of "veteran" QB play that i liked. He wasnt the total answer but with him, Oz, and maybe a draft pick we could keep afloat until there was a better option.

I'm fine with manning, oz, and I'd like to bring in sam Bradford.

Northman
01-11-2015, 09:47 PM
I'm fine with manning, oz, and I'd like to bring in sam Bradford.

Im ok taking a chance on Bradford but i think the time has passed for Pey Pey.

Tebowtime2011
01-11-2015, 09:48 PM

I'm fine with manning, oz, and I'd like to bring in sam Bradford. No way the rams let Sam walk. They will create competition with a draft pick but he definitely stays. They have invested too much in him and they don't have a high enough draft pick to get mariota or Winston

ShaneFalco
01-11-2015, 09:50 PM
yea rams are not giving up on bradford. There is nobody in the upcoming draft class that is better then him. Mb Mariota but they are too far down to pick him.

Bronco9798
01-11-2015, 09:51 PM
I'd keep Manning before I went after Locker or Bradford. Peyton will get you a division title and the playoffs. Bradford and Locker will get 7-9 or 8-8. I know, Peyton chokes in the playoffs. At least I could enjoy the regular season though.

ShaneFalco
01-11-2015, 09:52 PM
i got a awesome idea. keep manning for reg season. start tebow for the playoffs. Imhot. Genius Genius Genius.

Tebowtime2011
01-11-2015, 09:53 PM
i got a awesome idea. keep manning for reg season. start tebow for the playoffs. Imhot. Genius Genius Genius. lol why are you trying so hard? I don't think you are getting to anyone

ShaneFalco
01-11-2015, 09:56 PM
im depressed after that game. i neeed something to make me smile

MOtorboat
01-11-2015, 10:02 PM
i got a awesome idea. keep manning for reg season. start tebow for the playoffs. Imhot. Genius Genius Genius.

I'd rather lose by 13 than 35.

Dumb statement is dumb.

Joel
01-11-2015, 10:27 PM
I'd rather lose by 13 than 35.

Dumb statement is dumb.
43-8=?

MOtorboat
01-11-2015, 10:29 PM
43-8=?

In the Super Bowl.

You really think Denver was going to go to a Super Bowl with Tebow? Do you really think that?

Jsteve01
01-11-2015, 10:34 PM
Shore up the right tackle position long term. Everyone acted like we had fixed our o line after a couple big games from Anderson. What really happened was we got Green healthy and would bring in an extra o lineman. Orlando Franklin was the best guard in football this year in pass pro and looked good in the run game toward the end of the season.

Its no coincidence that Dallas made a huge leap after they made a decision as an organization to begin focusing a ton of assets on the line

VonDoom
01-11-2015, 10:36 PM
Im ok taking a chance on Bradford but i think the time has passed for Pey Pey.

I'd take Bradford over Locker if I had a choice (which I obviously don't ...)

Jsteve01
01-11-2015, 10:40 PM
If you can keep Bradford healthy with these weapons he'd be very good, but I said it coming out of Oklahoma. His extensive injury history is too much risk

ShaneFalco
01-11-2015, 10:42 PM
and the fact he is under contract with another team....

Bronco9798
01-11-2015, 10:58 PM
I think Bradford or Locker would be terrible options. My opinion.

pulse
01-11-2015, 11:13 PM
You don't come to a fan forum expecting sanity after a heartbreaking loss, but some of these comments take the cake. Locker? Really? Anyway, no sugar coating it; something is wrong with Peyton Manning. He looked as frustrated and uncomfortable on the sideline as I've seen him all year. That's just ridiculous after a bye week. The comments about the loss being entirely on him are ridiculous. But he definitely shares a lot of the blame for this one. He does not look like the Peyton Manning before the St. Louis loss. He was throwing deep bombs with a lot of accuracy right up until then. Right now, it doesn't look like he can throw deep at all. Even those deep fade passes he threw tonight weren't really that deep for the exception of one and, of course, it was way off. Whatever is wrong with him, he needs to find the problem and correct it. If he's lost so much of his ability that he can't perform any better than tonight, he really does need to retire. I am saying this and I'm the biggest Peyton Manning homer on this forum. On the other hand, if this is correctable and he and Elway do agree that he should return next year, he better be able to show he can play better than this or it will be a long season. Manning may still be the best option at winning the AFC West. That is your primary focus. That guarantees you a spot in the playoffs. But the Peyton Manning that played tonight won't guarantee you squat. Here's to hoping the best decisions are made and Denver can continue dominating the AFC West and, hopefully, improve upon a 1-and-done in the playoffs next year.

Northman
01-12-2015, 05:36 AM
In the Super Bowl.

You really think Denver was going to go to a Super Bowl with Tebow? Do you really think that?

Do you really want him to answer that? :lol:

As bad as the SB was with Manning if Tebow had played that game it would of been 63-0. Tim has a great heart and fire but is not a good QB no matter how much Falco or Joel try to pretend otherwise.

sneakers
01-12-2015, 06:52 AM
Tebow is still available from what I heard

spikerman
01-12-2015, 06:56 AM
All I know is that if this same core comes back and the Broncos make the playoffs I hope to hell they don't have a bye week.

Northman
01-12-2015, 08:02 AM
All I know is that if this same core comes back and the Broncos make the playoffs I hope to hell they don't have a bye week.

If Denver continues to move forward with its current makeup then they need to concentrate on Oline, LB, and Dline. But, that is only if Manning can improve his accuracy. If he cant improve than might as well move on from him.

underrated29
01-12-2015, 09:51 AM
I believe mannings accuracy is from the lack of protection the OLine has given him. He's always throwing the ball too early or off his back foot or on the run. If his mechanics aren't perfect he doesn't have the arm to make up for it. His mechanics have not been perfect this year because he has not been given the time to have perfect mechanics and step into his throws.

On all the deep throws last night he was throwing a tad early. If any of you remember how much time he had last year you would see this year was waaaaay worse, despite what several of you have said regarding the OLine being fine. It is not. It hasn't been all year. It will also likely be the first position filled in FA and draft.

CoachChaz
01-12-2015, 09:56 AM
I believe mannings accuracy is from the lack of protection the OLine has given him. He's always throwing the ball too early or off his back foot or on the run. If his mechanics aren't perfect he doesn't have the arm to make up for it. His mechanics have not been perfect this year because he has not been given the time to have perfect mechanics and step into his throws.

On all the deep throws last night he was throwing a tad early. If any of you remember how much time he had last year you would see this year was waaaaay worse, despite what several of you have said regarding the OLine being fine. It is not. It hasn't been all year. It will also likely be the first position filled in FA and draft.

I wont make the argument that the OL is "great" by any means, but let them block for a QB with a little more mobility than a statue and I think the conversation is a little different.

BroncoJoe
01-12-2015, 09:59 AM
I wont make the argument that the OL is "great" by any means, but let them block for a QB with a little more mobility than a statue and I think the conversation is a little different.

Exactly. Manning simply can't move. Did anyone even watch the other games? If Manning was playing for Green Bay or Dallas, he'd be dead.

Dzone
01-12-2015, 10:05 AM
The training camp battle for #1 between Dysert and Oz might be fun to watch

CoachChaz
01-12-2015, 10:07 AM
Exactly. Manning simply can't move. Did anyone even watch the other games? If Manning was playing for Green Bay or Dallas, he'd be dead.

I dont think he'd be dead...but I think he would have played dead quite a few times and dropped like a rock at the first sign of pressure.

Northman
01-12-2015, 10:16 AM
The fact that Manning would not run for a first down when that was a higher percentage play tells you everything you need to know about where he is at physically and mentally right now.

chazoe60
01-12-2015, 10:22 AM
The fact that Manning would not run for a first down when that was a higher percentage play tells you everything you need to know about where he is at physically and mentally right now.

That particular play was extremely bothersome.

tripp
01-12-2015, 10:26 AM
So long as Elway is managing the team, I have absolutely no worries about the direction of this team. None.

NightTerror218
01-12-2015, 01:27 PM
Elway is willing to draft in the trenches. If this year is not a a sign that OL needs help.

IMO, resign franklin since he played well at guard. Move Vasquez back to LG. Draft a new C or RT in round 1 and 2. Montgomery was better then Manny. Not too many gousehold names on the FA list.

Manning did not trust this OL, he go ball out quick, or forced it out quick because he saw ghosts. To me he never let plays develop in the last month. Never had to moved in pocket for more time. Quick throws or throw deep hoping WR wins ball.

weazel
01-12-2015, 02:50 PM
I dont think he'd be dead...but I think he would have played dead quite a few times and dropped like a rock at the first sign of pressure.

fainting goat

Valar Morghulis
01-12-2015, 04:16 PM
Current players

I would look to keep Manning (he should take a cut, he is not a 20 mil $ QB) and Pot Roast (big pay day). Offer Welker a one year contract - big pay cut. Offer JT a reasonable offer, let him walk if he does not take it. Offer DT a really good package, but let him walk if he is chasing stupid money. I would also bring back Franklin, he got a lot of grief this year, but i think the dude is underrated.

I would look to trade Montee Ball, this Years 1st round pick and next years 2nd - get me some Mariota. (That was a joke, but i would love some crazy draft day action just to lift me from this depressive haze i am in right now)

Free Agency

I always liked Sam Bradford - he was the best and most NFL ready college QB ever to go on and be a total bust lol. If he can be picked up great, if not, i would steer clear of all game manager/journeymen QBs that i think will be available.

I think this year we will be quiet in FA - our team is stacked, we just need to re-sign what we have. And draft well - RT, MLB, FS and TE.

CoachChaz
01-12-2015, 04:18 PM
I was having a text conversation with a member that chooses to not post here anymore and he mentioned a trade proposal. It'll never happen for various reasons, but as long as we're all talking out of our asses...

Aqib Talib, 2015 1st round pick, 2016 2nd round pick, for...Matt Ryan.

Joel
01-12-2015, 04:26 PM
Our last QB was so mobile people insisted THAT made our lines great pass protection look awful. Can't have it both ways:

"Our great line only LOOKS bad because our QB's too mobile—or IMmobile, or... something...."

Or, y'know, maybe our line ain't that great; everyone from current Broncos players and coaches to media analysts who happen to be former All Pro SB-winning guards didn't just make that up to have conversational fodder. Linemen can't play like garbage for three solid seasons until everyone connected to the game publicly calls them out, yet silence all those critics with one pouty press conference and a whopping two straight good games before reverting to crap. Vasquez is good, and Clady's coming off his second season-ending injury in five years; the rest have no excuse.

Manning didn't look REALLY bad Sunday before the blindside strip-sack early in the first quarter (the play that started the long excruciating rout) but after that it was a disaster. Getting blindsided will do that, especially for a guy who endured that for a whole SB last year knowing it was probably his last shot after a blitz nearly ended his career and maybe even life, and now playing on a thigh shredded a month ago. Seriously, Elway, if you REALLY want to help Manning end his career like you ended yours, get him the line that took you from a big three-time loser to repeat champion. Simple as that.

Valar Morghulis
01-12-2015, 04:38 PM
I was having a text conversation with a member that chooses to not post here anymore and he mentioned a trade proposal. It'll never happen for various reasons, but as long as we're all talking out of our asses...

Love it

Northman
01-12-2015, 05:09 PM
Not entirely sure Ryan is worth a first at this point.

Bronco9798
01-12-2015, 05:13 PM
Not entirely sure Ryan is worth a first at this point.

Me either. Why would Atlanta even trade him? They would have no QB then. Nobody trades QB's in the NFL. I'm talking Quality QB's. Ryan isn't anything special, but he's still a tad above average.

TXBRONC
01-12-2015, 05:28 PM

It would gutsy but I think that is way to much to give up for Ryan.