PDA

View Full Version : I ain't even mad

BroncoWave
01-11-2015, 08:09 PM
This is pretty much exactly how I expected the end of the season to play out. I thought it would come next week, but I'm none to surprised the season ended in the fashion it did. What an uninspired performance. I think the debeate about Peyton in the playoffs and in bad weather is pretty much over. I also would not be disappointed with getting an entirely new coaching staff for next season. Pretty much all the stuff that people were worried about all season came to fruition in this game. This is probably the least disappointed I have been after any of the last 3 seasons though. This just never had the makeup of a super bowl team. It's too bad we're probably not getting a ring out of Peyton but it's been a really fun run.

MOtorboat
01-11-2015, 08:10 PM
I am.

But I also expected it, so I guess I expected to be mad.

wayninja
01-11-2015, 08:11 PM
I'm not mad. Bursting my spleen while silently quivering in rage watching the game took most of the fight out of me.

ForgettingBrandonMarshall
01-11-2015, 08:12 PM
This is pretty much exactly how I expected the end of the season to play out. I thought it would come next week, but I'm none to surprised the season ended in the fashion it did. What an uninspired performance. I think the debeate about Peyton in the playoffs and in bad weather is pretty much over. I also would not be disappointed with getting an entirely new coaching staff for next season. Pretty much all the stuff that people were worried about all season came to fruition in this game. This is probably the least disappointed I have been after any of the last 3 seasons though. This just never had the makeup of a super bowl team. It's too bad we're probably not getting a ring out of Peyton but it's been a really fun run.

I strangely agree with this statement for the most part, especially how uninspired the team looked. The Broncos looked emotionless and disinterested with CJ Anderson being the exception.

It'll be an interesting offseason.

Tebowtime2011
01-11-2015, 08:17 PM
I'm not mad because Denver wasn't even competitive. If I was a cowboys fan I would be mad because they should have won, Broncos got dominated.

OrangeFanatic
01-11-2015, 08:17 PM

I would agree with everything except that it has been a fun run. Knowing your QB and coaching staff are going to choke from the beginning, is not fun at all.

I am.

But I also expected it, so I guess I expected to be mad.

Sigh, now I'm agreeing with MO, what is the world coming to?

BigDaddyBronco
01-11-2015, 08:18 PM
Not so much mad as disappointed. We took a chance on Peyton and won 3 Divisional titles, won a bunch of games, and went to a Superbowl. The team we had when we lost to the Ravens was our best bet. Time for a rebuild. Maybe try one more time if Manning wants to play for $10 million or something.

We have lots of things to fix on this team if we want to get back to dominance.

Northman
01-11-2015, 08:22 PM
Not so much mad as disappointed. We took a chance on Peyton and won 3 Divisional titles, won a bunch of games, and went to a Superbowl. The team we had when we lost to the Ravens was our best bet. Time for a rebuild. Maybe try one more time if Manning wants to play for $10 million or something.

Well, MO has stated that Manning taking a paycut wont do any good or isnt really relevant. I think the biggest problem is just the decline in his play which is normal for a old guy. It happens.

BigDaddyBronco
01-11-2015, 08:23 PM
Well, MO has stated that Manning taking a paycut wont do any good or isnt really relevant. I think the biggest problem is just the decline in his play which is normal for a old guy. It happens.

Well we can't keep some of these guys if Manning doesn't take a paycut. Not sure they all are needed if we are going to rebuild though.

MOtorboat
01-11-2015, 08:25 PM
Hypothetically, if Manning would take a pay cut like that, which player gets the team over the hump? Analysts have said Denver won free agency three years running, so clearly his salary didn't hurt the last three years.

I am starting to change my opinion and say that the problem is coaching.

Poet
01-11-2015, 08:29 PM
You guys looked to have the most fun as fans -on here at least- than at any other point that I saw -again on here- so there is that.

BigDaddyBronco
01-11-2015, 08:32 PM
Hypothetically, if Manning would take a pay cut like that, which player gets the team over the hump? Analysts have said Denver won free agency three years running, so clearly his salary didn't hurt the last three years.

I am starting to change my opinion and say that the problem is coaching.

I definitely think coaching has something to do with it, but we don't know if they were calling all those bombs, or if Manning was making that call. Is Von done or does he need some other guys to help, Ware hasn't done much for weeks. Is it time to give up on DT or JT? Both will want to get paid. All of Elway's moves pretty much sucked today. Is that on them or coaching?

Krugan
01-11-2015, 08:35 PM
Short pass game destroys rush ends, alot.

Its how Manning has been sacked so few times this year.

Not going to say a 14 sack guy is 'done' from one game.

OrangeFanatic
01-11-2015, 08:37 PM

I would tend to agree but he was a no show during the superbowl as well....another choker?

DenBronx
Not mad either which is weird. I'm usually pissed for months...I don't handle season ending playoff losses well at all. But I saw this 6 plus weeks ago. We weren't ready and would of got killed next week.

Onto offseaso hobbies and next year.

spikerman

It's not one game. Manning has not looked good for several weeks.

NightTerror218

Should have played less zone. Luck carved it up.

spikerman
01-11-2015, 08:38 PM
Not mad either which is weird. I'm usually pissed for months...I don't handle season ending playoff losses well at all. But I saw this 6 plus weeks ago. We weren't ready and would of got killed next week.

Yep, time for me to hit the mechanics manual and work out for next season.

Krugan
01-11-2015, 08:38 PM
It's not one game. Manning has not looked good for several weeks.

Was refering to the Von being done past above mine, guess I didnt get it quoted...

Krugan
01-11-2015, 08:40 PM
I would tend to agree but he was a no show during the superbowl as well....another choker?

Was refering the the vond done post above mine, missed quoting the post

Sadly people are so ticked at manning at the moment, they arent looking at the rest of the posts. just seeing manning and going off on that.

spikerman
01-11-2015, 08:40 PM
Was refering to the Von being done past above mine, guess I didnt get it quoted...

My fault. I missed that. Von has definitely disappeared in big moments this year, though.

PatBowlensFurCoat
01-11-2015, 08:42 PM
The loss to Baltimore taught me to not invest so much feelings into a football team. Too many years of heartache as a Broncos fan to learn that it's better to go into the playoffs knowing the inevitable is more likely than actually winning it all.

wayninja
01-11-2015, 08:44 PM
The loss to Baltimore taught me to not invest so much feelings into a football team. Too many years of heartache as a Broncos fan to learn that it's better to go into the playoffs knowing the inevitable is more likely than actually winning it all.

Honestly it wouldn't be so bad for me with almost any other QB at the helm. Manning continues to prove that he's not good in big games. It's a narrative that's turning into history and I hate knowing how a movie ends before popping it into the DVD player.

MasterShake
01-11-2015, 08:48 PM
I agree with most of the sentiments here. The most devastating loss to me was not the Super Bowl but the Ravens in 2012. That was our best shot and possibly our best team. As it stands right now I thought we were at least good enough to make in interesting in Foxboro and maybe eek out a win, but Luck and that stifling defense proved otherwise. I am disappointed with how the season ended, but alas like others have said not horribly surprised.

I had a blast watching this team and talking about it with you guys, and 12-4 with the brutal schedule was nothing to shake a stick at but we had no signature wins this year. when teams could execute the formula for stopping us (i.e. throw off the timing of our receivers at the line) we had no answer. I think CJ is a good start, but we need a new attitude, a new O-Line, and at this point most likely some fresh blood in coaching.

I hope that we learn about the truth about Manning and what the hell happened to him these last few months because he looked off. I thought it might be the new balanced attack but even in the old offense he looked off tonight. I'm happy to ride with Manning one more year, but I want to know that this was an anomaly due to injury or something.

Otherwise I'm bummed for the early exit but strangely at peace that at least its over and I know it wasn't even close to being the year for us. I welcome any change to the coaching staff and hope we got enough left for another run next season.

Now I am looking forward to snowboarding, more time with my family, camping season, and of course some awesome movies coming out this year! Gonna take a bit of a break from the boards for a day or so, but I will look forward to seeing you all soon so we can figure this team out and plan for the future! Goodnight all.

NightTerror218
01-11-2015, 08:54 PM
My fault. I missed that. Von has definitely disappeared in big moments this year, though.

He was double teamed a lot. TE and RT on him. Ware was just stopped by LT.

DenBronx
01-11-2015, 08:56 PM

Yep, time for me to hit the mechanics manual and work out for next season.

Its just the trolls after losses that I get mad about. I just have wanted us to win ONE SB since Elway retired....just ONE!! Is that too much to ask? I just want to put the trolls in their place for a whole offseason. Is that too hard or an impossible task? To be able to shut up stupid fans?

wayninja
I agree with most of the sentiments here. The most devastating loss to me was not the Super Bowl but the Ravens in 2012. That was our best shot and possibly our best team. As it stands right now I thought we were at least good enough to make in interesting in Foxboro and maybe eek out a win, but Luck and that stifling defense proved otherwise. I am disappointed with how the season ended, but alas like others have said not horribly surprised.

I had a blast watching this team and talking about it with you guys, and 12-4 with the brutal schedule was nothing to shake a stick at but we had no signature wins this year. when teams could execute the formula for stopping us (i.e. throw off the timing of our receivers at the line) we had no answer. I think CJ is a good start, but we need a new attitude, a new O-Line, and at this point most likely some fresh blood in coaching.

I hope that we learn about the truth about Manning and what the hell happened to him these last few months because he looked off. I thought it might be the new balanced attack but even in the old offense he looked off tonight. I'm happy to ride with Manning one more year, but I want to know that this was an anomaly due to injury or something.

Otherwise I'm bummed for the early exit but strangely at peace that at least its over and I know it wasn't even close to being the year for us. I welcome any change to the coaching staff and hope we got enough left for another run next season.

Now I am looking forward to snowboarding, more time with my family, camping season, and of course some awesome movies coming out this year! Gonna take a bit of a break from the boards for a day or so, but I will look forward to seeing you all soon so we can figure this team out and plan for the future! Goodnight all.

Jesus, this is not a good time for being reasonable, moderate, and mature. Come back in a few days.

Buff
We were never in the game.

Manning doesn't scare defenses anymore. DBs just press our WRs every play and dare us to throw deep. You shouldn't be able to get away with that with our WRs. I'm not exactly sure that we'd be better off with Osweiler, I tend to think not, but I just don't see why we should keep pressing forward with Manning when he's incapable of beating the best defenses anymore.

Davii
01-11-2015, 09:05 PM
Bring in Kubiak, let him pick his next QB.

VonDoom
01-11-2015, 09:08 PM

Well done. I plan on posting a reasonable paragraph or so in the next day, but I'm not up to it now. You've done well, sir.

Bronco9798
01-11-2015, 09:35 PM
I really expected a win today and a loss in New England next week. I thought the Broncos would come out and dominate from the beginning and the Defense would really confuse Luck and come out with some new looks. I was totally wrong on everything about this game. As the game progressed, I waited for that play or that spark that would ignite a 21-0 run, or something similar. It just never happened. I felt it really slipping away late in the 3rd quarter and knew this would be the end of the season.

I would personally like to see Elway let Fox go go and bring somebody else in. Problem is, who do you bring in? I think if Fox is let go, Peyton retires. I don't think Peyton wants to go through a new coaching staff and get reacquainted. I think Peyton's decision will rely on what happens to Fox. If we went to a new coach, I'd like to see Kubiak come in but what does he have to work with if Peyton retires? The best FA QB available is going to be in the class of Mark Sanchez and other journeymen QB's.

But, If you really take a sensible look at the scenarios, the best one is to bring Fox and Manning back, regroup and give it another shot. Try to sign what available Free agents we have on the team we can and go at it again. There really are no other better options at this point. There are no magic wands to wave and create something that isn't there. Elway has already said he is playing to win now. There's really not an easy way to make a bunch of changes and stay competitive in this league and Elway doesn't want to make wholesale changes.

I think we stand pat, go at it again with what we have and a few minor changes. The Nucleus is going to be intact. You just sign who you can and go at it. I do think Welker needs to go though. That's one change I would definetly make.

tomjonesrocks
01-11-2015, 09:39 PM
I'm mad in the sense it means one of the best QBs ever loses to Irsay and his replacement with my rooting franchise as the victim.

It's pretty ugly.

Sad for Peyton, but many greats ate plates of shit on the way out also I guess.

Anyone going to wear that Manning Broncos jersey in 3 years? Doubt it...

sneakers
01-11-2015, 09:41 PM
I kind of expected it

Davii
01-11-2015, 10:06 PM
I'm mad in the sense it means one of the best QBs ever loses to Irsay and his replacement with my rooting franchise as the victim.

It's pretty ugly.

Sad for Peyton, but many greats ate plates of shit on the way out also I guess.

Anyone going to wear that Manning Broncos jersey in 3 years? Doubt it...

Yes. I will.

MOtorboat
01-11-2015, 10:08 PM
Yes. I will.

I hope so. There's still plenty to be proud of, and I'm proud that Manning is/was a Bronco.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-11-2015, 10:10 PM
We won 3 division titles and a conference championship. I question the intelligence of regrets about Manning coming to Denver.

OrangeFanatic
01-11-2015, 10:11 PM
I kind of expected it

I think we all did.

Davii
01-11-2015, 10:12 PM
I hope so. There's still plenty to be proud of, and I'm proud that Manning is/was a Bronco.

Who wouldn't wear this bad ass jersey?

BroncoWave
01-11-2015, 10:12 PM

Agreed. I'll always wear my Manning jersey proudly. I just hope we don't have to see the ugly downfall of his career when he REALLY doesn't have it anymore. I'd rather him retire when he still has a couple of drops left in the tank instead of waiting a year too long. I don't know if that's this offseason or not, but he definitely has a tough decision to make.

tripleoption
01-11-2015, 10:22 PM

I'm with you on this. I used to get really mad after losses, but I've chilled a lot over the years. I think a lot of it has to do with coaching for almost 20 years and realizing it's not as easy as I used to think. I'm glad Payton chose to play here. Heck, imagine what this board would've been like after Super Bowl 24 when the 49ers won 55-10 and Elway lost his third SB blowout. I shudder at the possibilities. :wacko:

Jsteve01
01-11-2015, 10:26 PM

Agreed. I'll always wear my Manning jersey proudly. I just hope we don't have to see the ugly downfall of his career when he REALLY doesn't have it anymore. I'd rather him retire when he still has a couple of drops left in the tank instead of waiting a year too long. I don't know if that's this offseason or not, but he definitely has a tough decision to make. I heard an analyst and I can't remember who bit was now stating that much of the Manning drop off can be blamed on his work ethic as in he began pressing and never really let himself get healthy and rest the arm after St Louis.

weazel
01-12-2015, 12:26 PM

right with you man, anyone who watched this team the last 6 to 8 weeks and thought they were going to do anything more than this was delusional or just wishful thinking. On to next season.

weazel
01-12-2015, 12:28 PM
We won 3 division titles and a conference championship. I question the intelligence of regrets about Manning coming to Denver.

I agree... one of the best QB's of all time was available and they took a chance on him, what's to question?

Mike
01-12-2015, 12:59 PM
There were only a couple of times this team looked like a SB team, so I ain't mad about the loss. Expected nothing less after the not too shabby press conference last year.

I'll be mad if Elway doesn't make some changes.

weazel
01-12-2015, 01:05 PM
There were only a couple of times this team looked like a SB team, so I ain't mad about the loss. Expected nothing less after the not too shabby press conference last year.

I'll be mad if Elway doesn't make some changes.

I kind of agree but Elway can't make changes just to make changes... It's easy to say fire people but you have to have a better option available. Have to see how everything sorts out, it will be interesting.

tomjonesrocks
01-12-2015, 03:09 PM
With everyone I was disgusted and hysterical yesterday but am already over it. It was a surprising loss, which has become a trend.

But I had no hope whatsoever vs the Pats so I don't feel like this cost the team a ring, as with the last 2 playoff losses.

Joel
01-12-2015, 04:09 PM
Most talented NFL team in a decade or more, a pair of first ballot HoFers and former DRoY every season, a league-high NINE Pro Bowlers—and everyone EXPECTED the playoff blowout they got. #Coaching

Glad the consenus is finally on the right page; just wish Elway had gotten there a year or two sooner, because the folks saying Manning doesn't have time to get in synch with a whole new coaching staff are right. There's never been a 40-year-old SB-winning QB, and he won't be the first. My kingdom for a LG, RT and COACH....

The past two years I thought the players just read their own press clippings and bought their own BS, but now it feels like they share our expectations to lose every big game against teams they should beat handily. I suspect it's partly bad coaching and partly long bitter experience with the results of that coaching. Lombardi said something once about never accepting losing because that creates a taste for it; seems like that's where we are, and if so, I don't see any way it CAN change while Coach Not Too Shabby Correctable Mistakes is in town.

7DnBrnc53
01-13-2015, 01:45 AM
Most talented NFL team in a decade or more, a pair of first ballot HoFers and former DRoY every season, a league-high NINE Pro Bowlers—and everyone EXPECTED the playoff blowout they got. #Coaching

Glad the consenus is finally on the right page; just wish Elway had gotten there a year or two sooner, because the folks saying Manning doesn't have time to get in synch with a whole new coaching staff are right. There's never been a 40-year-old SB-winning QB, and he won't be the first. My kingdom for a LG, RT and COACH....

The past two years I thought the players just read their own press clippings and bought their own BS, but now it feels like they share our expectations to lose every big game against teams they should beat handily. I suspect it's partly bad coaching and partly long bitter experience with the results of that coaching. Lombardi said something once about never accepting losing because that creates a taste for it; seems like that's where we are, and if so, I don't see any way it CAN change while Coach Not Too Shabby Correctable Mistakes is in town.

This is like the early-90's Oilers all over again, except we have a great man in charge like Elway, and the Oilers had incompetents like Bud Adams and GM Floyd Reese in charge. Elway wouldn't have kept Pardee around after that 92 Wild Card loss to Buffaluck.

Runamok
01-13-2015, 06:45 AM

That sums it up for me, too.

This years team was a definite upgrade over the previous two years, in terms of personnel, on both sides of the ball, so how do you go from a the all-time record-setting offense and SB appearance to what we witnessed over the second half of this season?

I don't know, but it sure seemed like the team took on the personality or demeanor of the coach, looking lost all too often.