broncofaninfla
01-11-2015, 07:42 PM
Do we keep Manning or cut him?

ShaneFalco
01-11-2015, 07:43 PM
Bring back timmy.

OrangeFanatic
01-11-2015, 07:46 PM
DUMP HIM. Him and Fox can go choke by themselves on their couches next season. BTW Papa John's pizza SUCKS. I choke on it just like Peyton in the playoffs.

Tebowtime2011
01-11-2015, 07:48 PM
Dump manning can you imagine what he will look like next year by week 16? He is too old now, next year I have no clue who will be the answer.

underrated29
01-11-2015, 07:49 PM
Has nothing to do with manning

Tebowtime2011
01-11-2015, 07:50 PM
Has nothing to do with manning So Manning deserves no blame? You think the Broncos shouldn't move on?

chazoe60
01-11-2015, 07:52 PM
DUMP HIM. Him and Fox can go choke by themselves on their couches next season. BTW Papa John's pizza SUCKS. I choke on it just like Peyton in the playoffs.

Calm down fella.

aberdien
01-11-2015, 07:54 PM
Really makes me sad to say so, but I don't see how you can keep Manning if you want to win a championship. If his play today (and the last 8 or so games) is an indication of how he is going to play next season, he is a liability.

jhildebrand
01-11-2015, 07:54 PM
Not at anything north of 10 million a year

vern shields
01-11-2015, 07:55 PM
Cut bronco's players

OrangeFanatic
01-11-2015, 07:55 PM

LOL! You couldn't be more wrong. Peyton and Fox have to go at a minimum. As for a maximum the entire coaching staff, Monte Ball, the whole offense line and butterfingers.

Tebowtime2011
01-11-2015, 07:56 PM

Calm down fella. This loss didn't hurt me that much after the last two I am emotionless. I still love the Broncos but I can't get hurt over playoff losses after the last two

chazoe60
01-11-2015, 07:57 PM
LOL! You couldn't be more wrong. Peyton and Fox have to go at a minimum. As for a maximum the entire coaching staff, Monte Ball, the whole offense line and butterfingers.

You'll make a fine GM someday

Tebowtime2011
01-11-2015, 07:57 PM

LOL! You couldn't be more wrong. Peyton and Fox have to go at a minimum. As for a maximum the entire coaching staff, Monte Ball, the whole offense line and butterfingers.We better keep DT or we are screwed

Krugan
01-11-2015, 07:58 PM
NOt going to go all emotional after such a tough loss, so ill defer for 3 or so weeks to decide.

Obviously the season was long and hard for him this season, as it was showing later on down the line.

Denver played some of the best D's in the league over a HUGE stretch without a week off. It showed.

BigDaddyBronco
01-11-2015, 07:59 PM
Really makes me sad to say so, but I don't see how you can keep Manning if you want to win a championship. If his play today (and the last 8 or so games) is an indication of how he is going to play next season, he is a liability.

His lack of mobility kills us. Add in his recent inaccuracy and he just isn't cutting it when it matters. Age and injuries have caught up with him. Time to rebuild.

artie_dale
01-11-2015, 08:00 PM
Don't have to dump him. Out of respect, Elway will find out within 24 hrs that Manning wants to retire. Fox will the be fire right after (or sooner) and contract talks with Osweiller will determine whether we look at another QB.

Peyton's heart isn't in it anymore. Today, he seemed to just go through the motions but didn't want to be in there anymore.

OrangeFanatic
01-11-2015, 08:00 PM
We better keep DT or we are screwed

So he can pull a Welker in a big moment? This is a team full of chokers and we need to clear the board and start rebuilding like we should have done years ago.

Bronco9798
01-11-2015, 08:01 PM
Peyton needs to retire. Fox needs to be fired. Hire Kubiak as our head coach!!!

ShaneFalco
01-11-2015, 08:03 PM
So he can pull a Welker in a big moment? This is a team full of chokers and we need to clear the board and start rebuilding like we should have done years ago.

seriously DT is such a choke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ0UOxrcS2Q

underrated29
Manning missed a few throws sure. But I can't blame him when we call bubble screen after bubble screen. Out route after out route. Hey instead of throwing a quick slant on third and short lets throw a 40 yard sideline route.
Hey instead of throwing for the first down on 4th and long let's call a play where the routes are short of the sticks.

And when we get a first down lets run it on every first down.

How can anyone blame manning?

Tel you what:

You fine as many plays as you can that work the middle of the field or are even towards the middle of the field, a seem, post, slant, hitch, whatever.....find as many as you can and I GURANTEE I will double, triple that amount to the outside.

That's not manning

CrazyHorse
Fire Fox, promote Gase to HC, Manning to OC, and start Osweiler. Manning will come in at the end of games like a relief pitcher since he can't last a full season.

OrangeFanatic
01-11-2015, 08:04 PM

he wasn't a choker back then. He'll he wasn't even last year. Seems like Peyton rubbed off on him this year.

Tebowtime2011
01-11-2015, 08:05 PM
We better keep DT or we are screwed

So he can pull a Welker in a big moment? This is a team full of chokers and we need to clear the board and start rebuilding like we should have done years ago. so you want to get rid of everyone who didn't play good in one playoff game and forget how good DT has been in playoffs before and the entire season? Good luck with your team of one player on it, just CJ Anderson. Since he is the only one who noticeably played good today.

broken12
01-11-2015, 08:05 PM
if you keep manning you have to let manning be manning, you cannot tone him down or slow him down, now go and get someone with some balls to coach this team, tired of this vagina fox

Tebowtime2011
01-11-2015, 08:06 PM

he wasn't a choker back then. He'll he wasn't even last year. Seems like Peyton rubbed off on him this year. I'm convinced that you are a trolling now. Or maybe you are letting your emotions get the best of you. Eat a snickers.

Krugan
01-11-2015, 08:06 PM
Manning missed a few throws sure. But I can't blame him when we call bubble screen after bubble screen. Out route after out route. Hey instead of throwing a quick slant on third and short lets throw a 40 yard sideline route.
Hey instead of throwing for the first down on 4th and long let's call a play where the routes are short of the sticks.

And when we get a first down lets run it on every first down.

How can anyone blame manning?

Tel you what:

You fine as many plays as you can that work the middle of the field or are even towards the middle of the field, a seem, post, slant, hitch, whatever.....find as many as you can and I GURANTEE I will double, triple that amount to the outside.

That's not manning

I have to agree with this.

He had a great first half of he year on his arm, he didnt just fall off the edge over 1 week. (rams)

Dreadnought
01-11-2015, 08:08 PM
I'm over Manning. Time to see what Fox can do to rebuild this thing

CrazyHorse
01-11-2015, 08:16 PM
I'm over Manning. Time to see what Fox can do to rebuild this thing

No. Keep Manning, dump Fox. It's obvious he was hurt at the end of the season. A team that sends the most pro-bowlers shouldn't lose first game in the playoffs. That points to a coaching issue.

underrated29
01-11-2015, 08:20 PM
No. Keep Manning, dump Fox. It's obvious he was hurt at the end of the season. A team that sends the most pro-bowlers shouldn't lose first game in the playoffs. That points to a coaching issue.

100% percent coaching. 100% percent. It's the only thing we have bitched about all year. One common denominator.

OrangeFanatic
01-11-2015, 08:22 PM
I'm convinced that you are a troll now. I'm also convinced you only watch football on the playoffs.

If speaking my mind makes me troll then so be it. I mostly lurk because I can't stand the circle jerk that this board has become. As a final note, THANK GOD! I don't only watch the playoffs or I could barely stomach being a Broncos fan. Sucks you can't turn in your fan card or bleed another color...gotta take the good with the chokes...

CrazyHorse
01-11-2015, 08:24 PM
His lack of mobility kills us. Add in his recent inaccuracy and he just isn't cutting it when it matters. Age and injuries have caught up with him. Time to rebuild.

Thigh injuries? I really think Manning should work on agility training. It couldn't hurt.

chazoe60
01-11-2015, 08:24 PM
100 percent percent, UR? Thats a lotta percent.

Dreadnought
01-11-2015, 08:37 PM

Nonsense. Manning has been lame since @ November. He is in fact the weakest link as of January 2015

ShaneFalco
01-11-2015, 08:38 PM
He cant throw outside. Just plain and simple. Rams knew it, and every team since knew it.

wayninja
01-11-2015, 08:39 PM
Nonsense. Manning has been lame since @ November. He is in fact the weakest link as of January 2015

Agreed. I'd consider having him come back and start the season again, only because we don't have a lot of great alternatives, and only if he's willing to take a very large pay cut. His talent is no longer commensurate with his compensation.

Simple Jaded
01-11-2015, 08:46 PM
This is a team full of chokers and we need to clear the board and start rebuilding like we should have done years ago.

What were they thinking trying to win a SB? That is where they went wrong.

OrangeFanatic
01-11-2015, 08:50 PM
What were they thinking trying to win a SB? That is where they went wrong.

You can't win a SB with a choker QB period. Elway thought he might be able to squeak one by but he should know better....

Simple Jaded
01-11-2015, 08:52 PM
You can't win a SB with a choker QB period. Elway thought he might be able to squeak one by but he should know better....

Elway had no other choice, I guess an MVP QB just wasn't enough.

OrangeFanatic
01-11-2015, 09:01 PM
Elway had no other choice, I guess an MVP QB just wasn't enough.

Elway could have not chosen one of the biggest chokers in history. Bring on Brok!

PS what happened to your family guy avatar?

VonDoom
01-11-2015, 09:05 PM
I became an out of market Bronco fan because I was a kid when the Drive happened (28 years ago today, I hear). If I had been born about ten years later, I probably would have been a Colts fan for the same reasons. I love Manning. I love what he's given us in these last three years.

That being said ... my first priority would be firing every coach on this team. Bringing back a 39 year old QB with an entirely new coaching staff is probably not prudent. I think we should thank him for his service and move on. We'll probably be worse for it in the short term, but maybe we can build a contender from these ashes.

Simple Jaded
01-11-2015, 09:08 PM
Elway could have not chosen one of the biggest chokers in history. Bring on Brok!

PS what happened to your family guy avatar?

Family Guy hates Tebowfans so he cut out.

Dzone
01-11-2015, 09:09 PM
Let the Osweiller era begin.
The Manning era was fun for 3 years. :salute:

OrangeFanatic
01-11-2015, 09:15 PM
Family Guy hates Tebowfans so he cut out.

Ahhh, too bad. It was like every post you made I could look at your avatar and think "look at this fat idiot who has no idea what he's talking about".

Let the Osweiller era begin.
The Manning era was fun for 3 years. :salute:

It was no fun knowing what was coming, but GO BROK!

Tebowtime2011
01-11-2015, 09:15 PM
I'm convinced that you are a troll now. I'm also convinced you only watch football on the playoffs.

If speaking my mind makes me troll then so be it. I mostly lurk because I can't stand the circle jerk that this board has become. As a final note, THANK GOD! I don't only watch the playoffs or I could barely stomach being a Broncos fan. Sucks you can't turn in your fan card or bleed another color...gotta take the good with the chokes... But you do realize you are being irrational right? I can understand why you say get rid of the whole team because You are mad but did you really think that broncos were going to the Superbowl?

underrated29
01-11-2015, 09:20 PM
100 percent percent, UR? Thats a lotta percent.

60% of the time it's everytime

OrangeFanatic
01-11-2015, 09:22 PM
But you do realize you are being irrational right? I can understand why you say get rid of the whole team because You are mad but did you really think that broncos were going to the Superbowl?

When you have the best QB ever (regular season) and a top 10 defense, who wouldn't think your going to the SB? Not me, and that's my point. Peyton is a giant choker, and if you've read other threads, you see that everyone expected this giant choke. Time to get rid of everyone and rebuild.

LTC Pain
01-11-2015, 10:11 PM
Dump!

TimHippo
01-11-2015, 10:25 PM
You get rid of him then it's a couple years of rebuild mold and getting high draft picks.

silkamilkamonico
01-11-2015, 10:37 PM
After today I think we should move on. We absolutely need to move on from the entire coaching staff.

I think Denver is going to be down in a 6 to 10 win seasons for a long long time. Could be a long next decade of football for Denver.

OrangeFanatic
01-11-2015, 10:41 PM
I said it since we signed him...we will not win and get crappy picks

Bronco9798
01-11-2015, 11:02 PM
All the talk about dumping everyone and starting over is pretty stupid.

jhildebrand
01-11-2015, 11:10 PM
Manning refused to call the play called. Insubordiantion is what it is called in the corp world. He is NOT smarter than his staff! He may want you to believe that but that is not the case!

D's have outsmarted Manning at this point! He has all the records but none that matter! #Bradyisbetter unfortunately

aberdien
01-11-2015, 11:11 PM
After today I think we should move on. We absolutely need to move on from the entire coaching staff.

I think Denver is going to be down in a 6 to 10 win seasons for a long long time. Could be a long next decade of football for Denver.

How do you figure? It's not like this team doesn't have any talent. There's plenty of it. We just might need to find a new QB and grab a few more pieces. No reason to make it seem like we're about to fall into mediocrity.

jhildebrand
01-11-2015, 11:15 PM
#firefox is no longer a browser!

Fire fox. Promote Gase and Os. See what you have in both! If nothing, reload and rebuild!

Bronco9798
01-11-2015, 11:15 PM
Only the poorly run organizations usually tear it down and try to build it up. The good teams keep reloading, sign their own, add a few, draft a few, and keep on going. Tearing down a team and rebuilding is for losers. Re-tooling and making adjustments along the way is what the good teams do. There may be some exceptions to the rule, but that's how it is for the most part.

MOtorboat
01-11-2015, 11:20 PM
Only the poorly run organizations usually tear it down and try to build it up. The good teams keep reloading, sign their own, add a few, draft a few, and keep on going. Tearing down a team and rebuilding is for losers. Re-tooling and making adjustments along the way is what the good teams do. There may be some exceptions to the rule, but that's how it is for the most part.

I would like to see the Broncos part ways with Fox. Other than that, I don't want it torn down, although admittedly, Manning might be done and the sheer fact your quarterback is done means it's time for a rebuild.

VonDoom
01-11-2015, 11:22 PM

Gase and Del Rio are probably moving on anyway. After that pathetic display, I don't think it's too far fetched to see Fox get the boot. Will Manning stay at that point? Those are not great leaps in logic - if they happen, that's essentially "starting over" with a new QB and entirely new coaching staff. This team does have a lot of talent elsewhere, so I don't think we'd be in the cellar no matter what, but it would be hard to expect the success we've had for the last three years. I just don't know if we're getting beyond this point as the team is currently constructed.

Jsteve01
01-11-2015, 11:23 PM
Only the poorly run organizations usually tear it down and try to build it up. The good teams keep reloading, sign their own, add a few, draft a few, and keep on going. Tearing down a team and rebuilding is for losers. Re-tooling and making adjustments along the way is what the good teams do. There may be some exceptions to the rule, but that's how it is for the most part..^^^^^ this! The biggest frustration with this loss is the ineffectiveness with a loaded roster. No need to scrap it. We just need to find a legitimate leader

D1g1tal j1m
01-11-2015, 11:24 PM
I appreciate all the Manning has done for the Broncos but it's time to move on and see what we have in Oz. Manning had no zip on his balls and they floated to his targets. We had no threat of the deep ball as Manning's ball floated past the WR as he tried to over compensate for his lack of arm strength. Indy stacked the box and dared Manning to beat them deep (ala the SuperBowl last year) and he couldn't deliver this late in the season when his body broke down.

We will have a run heavy offense next year even with Manning back, but I think we will have Oz directing the offense.

Bronco9798
01-11-2015, 11:24 PM
I would like to see the Broncos part ways with Fox. Other than that, I don't want it torn down, although admittedly, Manning might be done and the sheer fact your quarterback is done means it's time for a rebuild.

Yeah, making a few changes is one thing but we don't need a lot of wholesale changes. I think we should part ways with Fox too. But if you make a coaching change and a QB change it could be a few rough years. I wouldn't be surprised to see Elway say, You know we started this thing with these guys and we're going to give it another shot. But, then I think Fox is as good as gone too. It's just really hard to gauge at this point. Believe me the QB FA market is horrible. Just horrible.

Bronco9798
01-11-2015, 11:25 PM
I have no confidence in OZ in today's NFL. I hope to God we don't go in that direction.

VonDoom
01-11-2015, 11:27 PM
I have no confidence in OZ in today's NFL. I hope to God we don't go in that direction.

They've invested a pick and a few years in Oz, though; wouldn't he at least be in the conversation to start next year if Manning retires? He deserves that much. If he gets beat out by a veteran, then so be it.

Buff
01-11-2015, 11:28 PM

I don't see Elway firing Fox after four straight division championships and an AFC Championship. But I do think Manning's future is in doubt because of his clear physical deterioration and salary cap number. He hasn't been playing like a $20mil/yr QB during the 2nd half of the year.

MOtorboat
Yeah, making a few changes is one thing but we don't need a lot of wholesale changes. I think we should part ways with Fox too. But if you make a coaching change and a QB change it could be a few rough years. I wouldn't be surprised to see Elway say, You know we started this thing with these guys and we're going to give it another shot. But, then I think Fox is as good as gone too. It's just really hard to gauge at this point. Believe me the QB FA market is horrible. Just horrible.

If we part ways with Fox and don't go with Oz, if Manning retires, that's a massive transition. I'm not saying that's not going to happen, but I'd like to see a new coach work with him as a starter for a year before ditching him.

The defense needs to stay intact, Demaryius Thomas needs to be re-signed.

VonDoom
The first of probably many articles in the next couple of days about Manning comes from Pete Prisco. Check out these words:

Some inside the organization wonder. I talked to some Broncos players who said Manning was throwing more picks in practice in the past six weeks than at any other time. Before the game, some Colts veterans expressed to Broncos players that Manning's arm looked spent.

"You could tell something wasn't right," one Broncos player said of practice the past month. "He just didn't look like 18 out there."

The rest: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pete-prisco/24955597

NightTrainLayne
01-11-2015, 11:30 PM

Now wait, Niner... I seem to remember endorsing a post of yours from earlier advocating bringing in Kubiak for head coach to coach Ossweiler...

Bronco9798
01-11-2015, 11:31 PM
Now wait, Niner... I seem to remember endorsing a post of yours from earlier advocating bringing in Kubiak for head coach to coach Ossweiler...

You would have to show me that exact quote about OZ. Se if you can find it, cause I dont think I said that.

aberdien
01-11-2015, 11:32 PM
Kubiak says he's staying with Baltimore according to ESPN bottomline.

Jsteve01
01-11-2015, 11:36 PM
Kubiak says he's staying with Baltimore according to ESPN bottomline. yeah well have the Broncos job open up and then let's talk

NightTrainLayne
01-11-2015, 11:40 PM
You would have to show me that exact quote about OZ. Se if you can find it, cause I dont think I said that.

Peyton retire, Hire Kubiak, and fire Fox.

I suppose you didn't exactly say "Oz" at QB, but you did also just say that the QB free agent market is "ugly", so I'm not sure who else you propose at QB if Manning retires.

Sorry, wasn't trying to pick a fight with you. I was really just joshing you, because what you posted above sounds close to dumping everyone.

aberdien
01-11-2015, 11:40 PM
Do we have faith that Kubes can be a good HC after what he did in Houston? Are we afraid of Joel wetting himself from excitement?

MOtorboat
01-11-2015, 11:44 PM
Jeebus, we do not need Kubiak.

Jsteve01
Do we have faith that Kubes can be a good HC after what he did in Houston? Are we afraid of Joel wetting himself from excitement?. I already posted that our Bronco bias is clouding our vision. I think we need a dynamic fire starter with a good staff. I'd take a Rex Ryan or a Quinn type right about now. Not sold on Kubes

Bronco9798
I suppose you didn't exactly say "Oz" at QB, but you did also just say that the QB free agent market is "ugly", so I'm not sure who else you propose at QB if Manning retires.

Sorry, wasn't trying to pick a fight with you. I was really just joshing you, because what you posted above sounds close to dumping everyone.

Yeah, I have never been an OZ fan. Glad you rectified that. I like Kubiak is what I said. :-) All good!! I've known you a long time, didn't think you were picking a fight.

Bronco9798
01-11-2015, 11:46 PM

Also, I'm not an advocate of dumping everyone. I've never said that. lol...not sure what you're reading tonight. lol

jhildebrand
01-11-2015, 11:50 PM
Yeah, I have never been an OZ fan. Glad you rectified that. I like Kubiak is what I said. :-) All good!! I've known you a long time, didn't think you were picking a fight.

You said the Colts "suck." Please clarify. Or answer why we should listen to you!

I think, as I said before this is a team more than one player away, and we should rebuild for long term success!

Jsteve01
01-11-2015, 11:53 PM

You said the Colts "suck." Please clarify. Or answer why we should listen to you!

I think, as I said before this is a team more than one player away, and we should rebuild for long term success!. Beyond tackle please tell me where you see glaring needs?

NightTerror218
01-12-2015, 12:29 AM
. Beyond tackle please tell me where you see glaring needs?

MLB, a Wagner, Keuchley, a leader right there.

Also a leader with passion. This team is all business, next man up, next game. I never see a player be passionate before a game to pump this team up.

CrazyHorse
01-12-2015, 12:33 AM
Do we have faith that Kubes can be a good HC after what he did in Houston? Are we afraid of Joel wetting himself from excitement?

Kubiak never had a QB at Houston. He'd have one of the best ever if he came here. We need a solid defensive coordinator. Dennis Allen back wouldn't be bad.

Bronco9798
01-12-2015, 12:47 AM

Yes the FA QB market is ugly for 2014. I have absolutely nobody to recommend for QB if Peyton retires. I am not a "OZ" fan either. From what I've seen, and no it's not a lot, I just simply don't like his skill set. I see nothing there that makes me feel good. If you get right down to it, Peyton is probably our best option for next year. You're going to get 10-13 wins, probably an AFC West Title, another go at the playoffs with a #1 or #2 seed. With any other QB in the FA market, or OZ, you're probably not going to get that. I am far from advocating a total dump on this team as well. I'm absolutely against that move. That's what the Browns, Vikings, Jags, and team like that do. Elway's not going to tear this team down and rebuild. The NFL is a year to year adventure. Your good teams reload and go at it again through the draft and a few FA moves. This is what Elway is attempting to do. No way, he tears it down.

The best thing for this team is to reload at a few positions, draft well, make a FA move or two and keep going. It's probably the best option there really is. I'd love to see Fox let go. I'm not a John Fox fan at all. But is that the right move? No one really knows. I'm sure Elway has a lot of thoughts going through his mind and will have meetings in the morning and make quick decisions. If Fox isn't fired in the next two days, he's not going to be fired. Does Manning plan on staying, and he does have any say so if Fox goes or not? The next two days will give us a few answers. Who knows. We'll see. I just don't think wholesale changes are good and I don't think OZ is our future at QB.

CrazyHorse
01-12-2015, 12:50 AM

Also a leader with passion. This team is all business, next man up, next game. I never see a player be passionate before a game to pump this team up.

Ware? I'd like to see our 3 starting LB's as Trevathan, Marshall(provided he can play MLB), and Miller.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-12-2015, 12:52 AM

Our defense is far from the problem. I saw plenty of passion from them. The offense laid an egg.

NightTerror218
01-12-2015, 12:55 AM
Ware? I'd like to see our 3 starting LB's as Trevathan, Marshall(provided he can play MLB), and Miller.

We have tried putting a Will at Mike for last 7 years? Since DJ Williams was placed there in McDaniels era. Have not had a complete Mike package player. Plugging in Travathan or Marshall probably will not work they are Wills.

Like having 2 good FS and decide one should play a cover corner just because you have two good players at one position.

Tebowtime2011
01-12-2015, 12:55 AM

Ware? I'd like to see our 3 starting LB's as Trevathan, Marshall(provided he can play MLB), and Miller. I agree that this team needs a VOCAL leader in the worst way. Not a lead by example kind of leader. We need a Brian Dawkins. I miss Brian Dawkins...

NightTerror218
01-12-2015, 12:57 AM
Our defense is far from the problem. I saw plenty of passion from them. The offense laid an egg.

I have not seen passion on defense since Dawkins left. He was the last out spoken leader.

I read an article on this type of thing but it was called soul. The defense had no soul.

Tebowtime2011
01-12-2015, 12:58 AM

I have not seen passion on defense since Dawkins left. He was the last out spoken leader. Beat ya to it ^^^ :p

ShaneFalco
01-12-2015, 01:10 AM
http://cdn29.elitedaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/tim-tebow-celebrates-with-passion-gif.gif

Dawkins was pretty awesome thou. I miss that guy. But Tebow needs to be brought back to remove the curse. As 3rd string, te, whatever. Maybe we could make him a kicker and he could take Mcamanus job of kicking off.

Tebowtime2011
01-12-2015, 01:14 AM
http://cdn29.elitedaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/tim-tebow-celebrates-with-passion-gif.gif

Dawkins was pretty awesome thou. I miss that guy.I have to admit Tebow was a great vocal leader that is really the last time this team played with fire. Whether people believe it or not he could fire a team up.

MOtorboat
01-12-2015, 01:17 AM
I have to admit Tebow was a great vocal leader that is really the last time this team played with fire. Whether people believe it or not he could fire a team up.

Too bad he can't throw a football or read a defense.

Bronco9798
01-12-2015, 01:20 AM
Too bad he can't throw a football or read a defense.

He can throw a football. It just isn't very accurate. And no, he can't read a defense.

MOtorboat
01-12-2015, 01:24 AM
He can throw a football. It just isn't very accurate. And no, he can't read a defense.

Not at an NFL level. I always forget to add that part. The Tebow fans get so mad about it.

silkamilkamonico
01-12-2015, 01:43 AM
The defense I like. I don't like Del Rio's play calling. Like what's been stating, Talib was playing man up in your face in New England last year. WHy is he 12 yards off this year? Von Miller, who's played his worst football in playoff games is a little bit of a scare.

The offense I don't know. Last year at this time 7 yards seemed like a cloud of dust. Today, 3 yards seem like a mile. So what happened? Why don't our gifted WR's get seperation? Does the defense really know the exact routes of our recievers like what has been stated?

There's a lot of f'n question marks. Ever since the Rams game, the offense has not looked like anything it's been the last 3 years. Our best player on offense was our 3rd string RB coming into the season. Our QB who has set all kinds of records ended the last month+ with the worst string of his career.

IMHO there has to be changes. This group IMHO has run it's course.

Simple Jaded
01-12-2015, 01:54 AM
I have to admit Tebow was a great vocal leader that is really the last time this team played with fire. Whether people believe it or not he could fire a team up.

This isn't true, the dude was a loner in the lockerroom.

Simple Jaded
01-12-2015, 01:59 AM
[IMG]http://cdn29.elitedaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/tim-tebow-celebrates-with-passion-gif.gi

Dawkins was pretty awesome thou. I miss that guy. But Tebow needs to be brought back to remove the curse. As 3rd string, te, whatever. Maybe we could make him a kicker and he could take Mcamanus job of kicking off.
Yeah, I knew that's why you wanted McManus gone, because he's taking the roster spot of your Precious. You are literally impossible to take seriously.

Btw, there is no curse.

Tebowtime2011
01-12-2015, 02:20 AM

Too bad he can't throw a football or read a defense. never said he could.

Tebowtime2011
01-12-2015, 02:21 AM

This isn't true, the dude was a loner in the lockerroom. I meant he could fire a team up by sucking all game then giving them hope in the 4th quarter.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
01-12-2015, 03:03 AM
Manning obviously was one of the many problem areas that plagued us in the latter half of the season but I'm not in a rush to dump him.

I do wish he could improve his arm strength in the off-season however. I don't know if we'll ever get the full story on his health situation but a combination of factors (change in offensive identity, wear and tear, injuries, fatigue etc.) made him look worse than he really is over the past few games. Still think he has another good, maybe great, year left in him. I don't think we're in a position to transition right now and if we do, it's going to be a rough and painful one.

Timmy!
01-12-2015, 06:00 AM
Think its up to Peyton at this point. If he has one last ride in him, he will be our QB next season. We probably won't know for a month or two. A new offensive coordinator will help.

OrangeFanatic
01-12-2015, 06:24 AM
Think its up to Peyton at this point. If he has one last ride in him, he will be our QB next season. We probably won't know for a month or two. A new offensive coordinator will help.

Hopefully not. I bet an entire career of choking in the playoffs will make him realize he should have been done years ago.

mouthofsouth
01-12-2015, 09:32 AM

Do you realize that most teams go forever and never get even an average good quarterback? The way you get a potentially great one is to have the number one or two draft choice, and that means hitting the bottom of the barrel for at least a season. So, how close do you think the Broncos get to a championship for years after Manning leaves? He has gotten them there the past three years. They will not even get in the playoffs until they find another good qb and the backup now is not the answer. As a super Manning fan, I am willing to admit his career is coming to an end, but some of you Bronco fans do not appreciate you have been in the midst of greatness. In 17 years the man has gotten his team to the playoffs about 14 times. That has to be some kind of record. And I did not look up the stats, but many of those times there was a first round bye, which is essentially a playoff win that does not go in the stats.

7DnBrnc53
01-12-2015, 09:42 AM
Do you realize that most teams go forever and never get even an average good quarterback? The way you get a potentially great one is to have the number one or two draft choice, and that means hitting the bottom of the barrel for at least a season. So, how close do you think the Broncos get to a championship for years after Manning leaves? He has gotten them there the past three years. They will not even get in the playoffs until they find another good qb and the backup now is not the answer. As a super Manning fan, I am willing to admit his career is coming to an end, but some of you Bronco fans do not appreciate you have been in the midst of greatness. In 17 years the man has gotten his team to the playoffs about 14 times. That has to be some kind of record. And I did not look up the stats, but many of those times there was a first round bye, which is essentially a playoff win that does not go in the stats.

Well, here's the thing: Can he do it anymore? If he can't, John will ask him to quit. That's what this is about, not just forcing him out for no reason.

Timmy!
01-12-2015, 12:49 PM
Hopefully not. I bet an entire career of choking in the playoffs will make him realize he should have been done years ago.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Traveler
01-12-2015, 01:43 PM
Maybe he'll announce that next year will be his last and the NFL will "rig" the schedule to make sure he goes out on top like they did for Ray Lewis. I kid, I kid!

Cugel
01-12-2015, 02:21 PM

I'd say he's a liability compared with Andrew Luck or Tom Brady. Newsflash! Neither of those guys is coming to Denver next season.

Is he a "liability" compared with Brock Osweiler? Or anybody else they could hope to get next season? I'd say "no".

Buff
01-12-2015, 02:28 PM
I'd say he's a liability compared with Andrew Luck or Tom Brady. Newsflash! Neither of those guys is coming to Denver next season.

Is he a "liability" compared with Brock Osweiler? Or anybody else they could hope to get next season? I'd say "no".

Being a liability isn't a relative measurement. He either is or he isn't. Yesterday, and the latter half of the season, he most certainly was. We couldn't take what the defense was giving us. The potential quad terror complicates matters though.

Npba900
01-12-2015, 08:44 PM
Dump manning can you imagine what he will look like next year by week 16? He is too old now, next year I have no clue who will be the answer.

Brock Osweiler will be the Answer in 2015. Elway has already made his decision.

NightTerror218
01-12-2015, 08:54 PM
Brock Osweiler will be the Answer in 2015. Elway has already made his decision.

He will get the first shot at it. But he will have competition.

underrated29
01-12-2015, 09:02 PM
Being a liability isn't a relative measurement. He either is or he isn't. Yesterday, and the latter half of the season, he most certainly was. We couldn't take what the defense was giving us. The potential quad terror complicates matters though.

Just a question then..

If he has lost it, a liability, use whatever adjective you would like here.....how do we explain the bengals game. Yes, I know immediately the 14 interceptions come to mind and rightfully so, but let's focus on when he went to hurry up. The Seattle game also comes to mind when we went ton hurry up at the end of the game. Both times, we were able to move them all at will. Almost exclusively through the air, with pinpoint passing and accuracy.

How do we explain this. I mean if the guy at the start of the year was able to do that, then 2 weeks ago, with a torn quad can do it, why do we put the onus on him?

We know where I stand. I believe gase is the one that was the liability, and it's shows when manning goes to hurry up and gase does not, cannot call the plays, manning does, and we march down field and score. I would like to know your side of the fence and how you would explain those.....excluding the OLine because I tink, finally, everyone has now come to terms the OLine was pretty terrible.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-12-2015, 09:28 PM
Nobody here is a bigger Manning fan than me. First he was a Vol. Then won a ring with a hometown guy, Marlin Jackson...and now a stop in Denver. So it pains me to say this. It's over. We may be able to point to a single injury for his rough finish, but these wont stop at his age. Perhaps a bye week after week 4 would be nice for the healing process...but too late now. I thank Manning for all he has done for my squads since the mid 90s. Love ya.

Its Oz time now. Take some Manning money. Signthe studs, add a real lb and 2 ol.

Buff
01-12-2015, 09:37 PM
Just a question then..

If he has lost it, a liability, use whatever adjective you would like here.....how do we explain the bengals game. Yes, I know immediately the 14 interceptions come to mind and rightfully so, but let's focus on when he went to hurry up. The Seattle game also comes to mind when we went ton hurry up at the end of the game. Both times, we were able to move them all at will. Almost exclusively through the air, with pinpoint passing and accuracy.

How do we explain this. I mean if the guy at the start of the year was able to do that, then 2 weeks ago, with a torn quad can do it, why do we put the onus on him?

We know where I stand. I believe gase is the one that was the liability, and it's shows when manning goes to hurry up and gase does not, cannot call the plays, manning does, and we march down field and score. I would like to know your side of the fence and how you would explain those.....excluding the OLine because I tink, finally, everyone has now come to terms the OLine was pretty terrible.

In Cincy we started having success arguably once Cincy softened up their defense after going up by two scores. I don't want to get too down on Manning - he can still beat plenty of NFL defenses on one good leg. But he just doesn't have that elite physical ability anymore and it is only going to get worse. The evidence is in how defenses scheme against us. It's impossible to hold Gase accountable because he's trying to account for all of Manning's many deficiencies. Especially when you layer in a torn quad on top of his already limited arm strength and mobility.

Npba900
01-13-2015, 07:53 PM
Nobody here is a bigger Manning fan than me. First he was a Vol. Then won a ring with a hometown guy, Marlin Jackson...and now a stop in Denver. So it pains me to say this. It's over. We may be able to point to a single injury for his rough finish, but these wont stop at his age. Perhaps a bye week after week 4 would be nice for the healing process...but too late now. I thank Manning for all he has done for my squads since the mid 90s. Love ya.

Its Oz time now. Take some Manning money. Signthe studs, add a real lb and 2 ol.

Manning could possibly still win a SB but not with the current offensive scheme. Manning is at the point in his career to where his passing production effectiveness would have to take a back seat to zone blocking scheme with lead blocking full back to mirror Elway's offense of 97 and 98 with TD leading the way. Elway could still pass effectively and opposing teams had to respect his arm...but also, teams had to deal with Denvers vaunted rushing attack. Can anyone imagine Manning in a SB passing for 160-230 passing yards and 1 or 2 TD's and Denver winning another SB! Well in 97 when the Broncos faced Farve and the Packers Elway only had 157 yards passing at 37 years of age with TD rushing for 153 yards! The balance attack was enough to score 35 points to defeat Farve and the Packers.

Npba900
01-14-2015, 05:37 PM
In Cincy we started having success arguably once Cincy softened up their defense after going up by two scores. I don't want to get too down on Manning - he can still beat plenty of NFL defenses on one good leg. But he just doesn't have that elite physical ability anymore and it is only going to get worse. The evidence is in how defenses scheme against us. It's impossible to hold Gase accountable because he's trying to account for all of Manning's many deficiencies. Especially when you layer in a torn quad on top of his already limited arm strength and mobility.

I would be surprise if Manning doesn't retire! Elway has Oswieler(sp) waiting in the wings after sitting and learning (A-La like Rodgers) under studied and waited for his chance once Bret Farve was forced to leave Green Bay.

BroncoJoe
01-15-2015, 09:50 AM
I would be surprise if Manning doesn't retire! Elway has Oswieler(sp) waiting in the wings after sitting and learning (A-La like Rodgers) under studied and waited for his chance once Bret Farve was forced to leave Green Bay.

I posted this in another thread, but I think Manning will come back.

Heard this on the radio yesterday, and makes me believe Manning will indeed come back for one more season:

Brett Favre career passing yards: 71,838
Peyton Manning career passing yards: 69,691

Manning only needs 2,148 yards to be the all time leading passer.