PDA

View Full Version : So yea

Northman
01-11-2015, 07:31 PM
Well solid season Denver, but 2 losses at home in the playoffs is unacceptable even with a future HOF like Manning. Add in a total embarrassment in the SB and that tells me we have some shit to work on.

There are no regular season champions.

Time for a new coaching staff, maybe let Pey Pey go to another contender if he still wants to play but we need hungrier and more energetic players for this football team. We have some talent, actually way too much talent to have been one and done this year. Time to move on, good run but its time for the actual rebuild.

DenBronx
01-11-2015, 07:38 PM
Good talk

Bronco9798
01-11-2015, 07:41 PM
Fox should be fired by tomorrow morning.

OrangeFanatic
01-11-2015, 07:42 PM
Time to rebuild without a choke artist for quarterback.

ShaneFalco
01-11-2015, 07:53 PM
yea we need someone who can score when the game is on the line.... i wonder who.

Northman
01-11-2015, 07:55 PM
yea we need someone who can score when the game is on the line.... i wonder who.

Shaun Hill?

FanInAZ

A punt protector :confused:

ShaneFalco
:laugh:

EastCoastBronco
01-11-2015, 07:57 PM
Fox should be fired by tomorrow morning.

If I could salute this more than once, I would, 9798...
I'm so tired of watching an unmotivated bunch of players take the field.

Bronco9798
01-11-2015, 08:00 PM
Peyton retire, Hire Kubiak, and fire Fox.

ShaneFalco
01-11-2015, 08:00 PM
they were motivated with a different qb with John Fox as coach

Northman
01-11-2015, 08:10 PM

^This

NightTrainLayne
01-11-2015, 08:12 PM

I would endorse this.

OrangeFanatic
01-11-2015, 08:14 PM

This sounds acceptable.

NightTerror218
01-11-2015, 08:17 PM

I am on board. Fox has been out coached to many times. Delay has created an awesome roster and it should go further that this against the colts

VonDoom
01-11-2015, 10:38 PM

Kubiak put out a statement that he's staying with the Ravens. Of course, this isn't legally binding or anything, and maybe he thought the Bronco job wouldn't be available. I wonder if he'd change his tune if Fox was fired tomorrow.

Jsteve01
01-11-2015, 10:45 PM
Look I love Kubes as much as the next guy but what about him beyond 2012 makes anyone think he's a great HC? I think we are a little too nostalgic when it comes to Gary

Bronco9798
01-11-2015, 10:56 PM
A lot of us would love to see Kubiak come to Denver. I doubt it really happens though. Reality probably is, is Fox and Peyton are in this together. If one stays the other stays, vice versa. I'm not sure Peyton would want another head coach, who knows. Elway has to look at all his options and it's going to be tough call for him to make. If Peyton say's I'm retiring, then I think Fox is definitely gone.

Joel
01-11-2015, 11:03 PM
Look I love Kubes as much as the next guy but what about him beyond 2012 makes anyone think he's a great HC? I think we are a little too nostalgic when it comes to Gary
He took the Texans from a moribund cellar-dwelling expansion team with NO offense to its first winning season and playoff appearance (in 2011) and a division title vying for homefield in 2012. Once he had Wade there to rebuild the D into a powerhouse because Kubes is as bad as Shanny on D, they had a STACKED roster getting it done on BOTH sides of the ball. The only problem was Schaub being Orton with a better deep ball, but if a franchise QB can't win championships singlehandedly, a bum impersonating one can LOSE them quite easily, and he played himself and his coach out of a job as I feared.

We don't have Schaub; even if Manning hangs it up, Oz may be better than Schaub, especially after a few years under a former QB who came up under an elite QB coach like Shanny. I guarantee our line wouldn't be Swiss cheese under Kubiak, and, while tonights game was a TEAM loss, the line's been so bad for so long they practically lost last years SB single-handedly. We wouldn't be wondering where Mannings run support is with Kubiak; remember how Denver transformed a seemingly endless list of no-name guys into 1000 yd rushers? Remember how Arian Foster was undrafted?

All that said, I don't see it happening, especially if Manning returns. A new coach means major changes, and Manning doesn't have time for him and the team to adjust to a new coaches philosophy (and vice versa.) The time to do this was last year, if not the year before; much like drafting/signing starting linemen next offseason, it's closing the barn door after the cows are out.

Bronco9798
01-11-2015, 11:05 PM
I think Kubiak is a pretty sharp guy and will make an excellent coach somewhere again one day. He just needs a QB that can run his plays.

Jsteve01
01-11-2015, 11:27 PM
He took the Texans from a moribund cellar-dwelling expansion team with NO offense to its first winning season and playoff appearance (in 2011) and a division title vying for homefield in 2012. Once he had Wade there to rebuild the D into a powerhouse because Kubes is as bad as Shanny on D, they had a STACKED roster getting it done on BOTH sides of the ball. The only problem was Schaub being Orton with a better deep ball, but if a franchise QB can't win championships singlehandedly, a bum impersonating one can LOSE them quite easily, and he played himself and his coach out of a job as I feared.

We don't have Schaub; even if Manning hangs it up, Oz may be better than Schaub, especially after a few years under a former QB who came up under an elite QB coach like Shanny. I guarantee our line wouldn't be Swiss cheese under Kubiak, and, while tonights game was a TEAM loss, the line's been so bad for so long they practically lost last years SB single-handedly. We wouldn't be wondering where Mannings run support is with Kubiak; remember how Denver transformed a seemingly endless list of no-name guys into 1000 yd rushers? Remember how Arian Foster was undrafted?

All that said, I don't see it happening, especially if Manning returns. A new coach means major changes, and Manning doesn't have time for him and the team to adjust to a new coaches philosophy (and vice versa.) The time to do this was last year, if not the year before; much like drafting/signing starting linemen next offseason, it's closing the barn door after the cows are out. Rick Smith rebuilt that team. Kubes teams never exceeded expectations and mor often underperformed. Schaub was a top 10 qb in the league until 2013. Not elite but almost.

Northman
01-12-2015, 05:33 AM

Its not really about whether or not he's a great HC. Its about the fact that he is more creative and has a younger fresher mind. No one thought Shanahan was going to be a great HC, you have to start somewhere and right now i know that Fox is not the answer there. Nostalgia doesnt havent anything really to do with it, but being familiar with the person doesnt hurt either. But, as previously stated for now it looks like Kubes is staying put so its a moot point.

mouthofsouth
01-12-2015, 09:40 AM

Wonder who? I wonder why he isn't quarterbacking another team in the NFL? Surely somebody out there realizes, like you, that he is a great quarterback.