PDA

View Full Version : Broncos could dump John Fox if they lose to Colts

aberdien
01-11-2015, 05:53 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24954502/report-broncos-could-dump-john-fox-if-they-lose-to-colts

The Broncos are heavy favorites (-7) against the Colts at home on Sunday afternoon. But there's plenty of thought that Peyton Manning's old team could play spoiler for his new team. And if that happens, Broncos coach John Fox could potentially become a free agent.

Jay Glazer of FOX Sports reported on Sunday morning that Fox, whose been coaching the team since 2011, could be out in Denver if the Broncos are upset by the Colt.

I'm posting this both because it is an important topic worthy for discussion, and because hopefully posting this thread at halftime will make the Broncos suck less.

jhildebrand
01-11-2015, 05:59 PM
I've said for weeks Fox is gone if they do anything short of win a Super Bowl.

DenBronx
01-11-2015, 07:04 PM

Not sure about that one.

Northman
01-11-2015, 07:08 PM
They need to strongly consider it. This is unacceptable.

Krugan
01-11-2015, 07:21 PM
Well, something has to change, this team is truley loaded with talent.

What is the misssing link, coaching, Qbing, oline weakness, soft recivers?

jhildebrand
01-11-2015, 07:24 PM
Not sure about that one.

Heavy favorites in multiple PO games and they get embarassed. Even more embarassing having the first round bye to prepare. He HAS to go. Mo can point to the record all he wants. It is lipstick on a pig.

Krugan
01-11-2015, 07:31 PM
Maybe Gase is ready to go, and decided to call a shit game so he can move on with his life....

DenBronx
01-11-2015, 07:39 PM
We were going to lose very badly next week anyway. Saves us from getting royally embarrassed.

OrangeFanatic
01-11-2015, 07:44 PM

Coaching and QB are the biggest weak links. Peyton has been post season choking his whole career.

jhildebrand
01-11-2015, 07:55 PM
Hey Mo come sell us on the record again. Sell us on why this team should lose when: 1. They had a bye. 2. They had a home game. 3. They had a better roster talent wise. F the record. F Manning. F Fox. Time to regroup!

Mike
01-11-2015, 07:58 PM
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k145/bubba_thudd/bFEeyZq_zpsjtlwila2.gif (http://s87.photobucket.com/user/bubba_thudd/media/bFEeyZq_zpsjtlwila2.gif.html)

broken12
01-11-2015, 08:02 PM
i agree, fox has nver seemed to prepare this team for big games, always had a boring look and this defense was never imaginative, raheem moore needs to go when your freee safety dont make plays than you just have a guy out there......annoyed and pissed at this team pissing away 3 seasons in a row

NightTrainLayne
01-11-2015, 08:09 PM
Hey Mo come sell us on the record again. Sell us on why this team should lose when: 1. They had a bye. 2. They had a home game. 3. They had a better roster talent wise. F the record. F Manning. F Fox. Time to regroup!

Dude, leave Mo out of it. He has nothing to do with how the team played or prepared today.

jhildebrand
01-11-2015, 08:18 PM
Dude, leave Mo out of it. He has nothing to do with how the team played or prepared today.

All he has pointed to in his defense is this team's record. I want to know what the record matters at this point? Remember when Baltimore won at our expense? What was their record? I bet you don't know short of googling it. But you know they won the SB.

Their record is moot. This team, DESPITE their record, should still be playing. 13 points is UNACCEPTABLE.

MOtorboat
01-11-2015, 08:39 PM
All he has pointed to in his defense is this team's record. I want to know what the record matters at this point? Remember when Baltimore won at our expense? What was their record? I bet you don't know short of googling it. But you know they won the SB.

Their record is moot. This team, DESPITE their record, should still be playing. 13 points is UNACCEPTABLE.

It doesn't dumbass.

I Eat Staples
01-11-2015, 08:42 PM

Our O-Line is at LEAST average, and was better than that before the coaches ruined it. Every receiver is soft, at least ours are talented. We had one of the greatest QBs ever. The problem is obviously coaching.

OrangeFanatic
01-11-2015, 08:44 PM
Our O-Line is at LEAST average, and was better than that before the coaches ruined it. Every receiver is soft, at least ours are talented. We had one of the greatest QBs ever. The problem is obviously coaching.

One of the greatest QB's during the regular season ever.

wayninja
01-11-2015, 08:46 PM
I will lose all respect for Elway if Fox is our headcoach next year. Well, not all, but at least respect as a football exec.

I Eat Staples
01-11-2015, 08:51 PM
One of the greatest QB's during the regular season ever.

He played pretty damn well in the playoffs last year until we got to the superbowl.

Yes, I agree that Manning is soft and easy to rattle, but that's far from our only problem.

NightTerror218
01-11-2015, 08:52 PM
He played pretty damn well in the playoffs last year until we got to the superbowl.

Yes, I agree that Manning is soft and easy to rattle, but that's far from our only problem.

I also watched him beat himself in his own head this year by changing plays too much. It slowed down the no huddle or killed it at times.

wayninja
01-11-2015, 08:53 PM
Wes Welker just looked suicidal in his CBS post game interview. I'd seriously assign a 24 hour watch.

CoachChaz
01-11-2015, 09:00 PM
Wes Welker just looked suicidal in his CBS post game interview. I'd seriously assign a 24 hour watch.

Let him do it. With all of his concussions, it's bound to happen eventually

spikerman
01-11-2015, 09:02 PM

ouch.

OrangeFanatic
01-11-2015, 09:03 PM

Wes Welker looks like a serial killer in anything he does.

Rick
01-11-2015, 09:29 PM
Easy to say fire, but who do you want to replace him with?

All the good coaches are getting snatched up.

Northman
01-11-2015, 09:34 PM

If Denver acts fast i would like to see them look at Kubes.

Traveler
01-11-2015, 09:37 PM

The Manning & Fox era may well be over. Team has seemed unprepared and emotionless when it counts the most. Injuries or not, Manning looks old physically. Team needs a new identity, receivers that can beat press coverage, a better interior offensive line, etc.....

Hire the Quinn guy from Seattle if Elway decides to move on from Fox.

DenBronx
01-11-2015, 09:39 PM
Fans lose their minds after post season losses.

2011 the scapegoat was Tebow
2012 it was Rahim Moore
2013 it was Manning after a bad SB
2014 it is Fox

Rick
01-11-2015, 09:42 PM
I agree on Kubes as well if we moved on.

Brock seems the kind of QB that would work well in his offense.

MOtorboat
01-11-2015, 09:57 PM
Bring back McDaniels.

:coffee:

DenBronx
01-11-2015, 09:58 PM
Bring back McDaniels.

Ill quit of we do. I seriously will quit watching football all together.

spikerman
01-11-2015, 10:03 PM
Bring back McDaniels.

No need for him to come back. I already have my season tickets.

Jsteve01
01-11-2015, 10:18 PM
One thing we certainly learned from Elways days with the Crush is he's not afraid to make tough calls. He fired a close family friend in the HC and his personal best friend in the OC in one fell swoop. I think its obvious this team needs a change. Far too much talent to lose this way at home in the divisional round. The Crush decision also makes me skeptical that Elway would want to endure the potential backlash from the Kubes relationship if it didn't work out. I'll tell you right now there are a bunch of HC candidates that may delay decisions to wait on the outcome here and we would definitely have lick of the litter

TimHippo
01-11-2015, 10:20 PM
It's a little too late I think. They should have gotten rid of him a long time ago. Wasted Payton's best remaining years.

BroncoWave
01-11-2015, 10:24 PM
Bring back McDaniels.

For sure!

In all seriousness, though, Dan Quinn would be an option. I don't see the huge enamorment with Kubiak. He was wholly mediocre in Houston. I don't see him as some huge upgrade over Fox. Too bad Rex already got snatched up.

TimHippo
01-11-2015, 10:47 PM
For sure!

In all seriousness, though, Dan Quinn would be an option. I don't see the huge enamorment with Kubiak. He was wholly mediocre in Houston. I don't see him as some huge upgrade over Fox. Too bad Rex already got snatched up.

Bears are going to snag Kubiak. More misery for them.

Jsteve01
01-11-2015, 10:54 PM
We need someone with some passion. Quinn fits that bill, but man he lacks experience which is scary

jhildebrand
01-11-2015, 11:04 PM

This team ate a shit sandwhich after a bye and facing the Pats. Now another bye, facing the Colts a vastly underrated team, and a HOME game....Fox HAS TO GO.

Manning, at 10 mil/lion or more needs to go, too. Gase for HC. If Manning isn't down, then let's see what #Ozzy has! #Crazytrain!

jhildebrand
01-11-2015, 11:07 PM
Gase for HC. If not, bring kubiak back!

jhildebrand
01-11-2015, 11:08 PM
Tell Manning and his quick release "see ya when I see ya!"

Jsteve01
01-11-2015, 11:33 PM
Ummm dominate threads much bro?

dogfish
01-12-2015, 01:42 AM
if we do decide to move on from fox, i'd start the interview process with pep hamilton. . .

7DnBrnc53
01-12-2015, 04:08 AM
We need someone with some passion. Quinn fits that bill, but man he lacks experience which is scary

Well, I would rather choose Quinn than staying with Fox and his mediocre track record. Someone called in 104.3 The Fan earlier this year and asked if anyone had ever gotten a HC job after a 2-14 year besides Fox. That says a lot.

Joel
01-12-2015, 05:52 AM
It's a little too late I think. They should have gotten rid of him a long time ago. Wasted Payton's best remaining years.
Ayup. Same with the line's failure to protect a geriatric immobile QB with a surgically repaired neck, or open holes for our RBs so that QB doesn't have to do it alone like his whole career.

Yet it'll all be his fault Irsay wouldn't draft a D at gunpoint and Fox couldn't find his rear end with both hands a map. Truly, and doesn't speak well of Elway for taking so long to see what was obvious to so many others (seriously, how'd he go from three SB blowouts in your mid-twenties to a repeat championship when pushing 40? It's called "a great offensive line.")

For sure!

How was Kubiak mediocre in Houston? He took a cellar dwelling expansion team with a decent D but NO offense to its first winning season and playoff win, then followed up with a division title and another playoff win. And he did it by building an offense that was a carbon copy of our SB winners, except that Schaub was a huge step down from Elway, eventually getting Kubiak fired along with him. But the rest: Dominant ZBS line that protects a QB with too much Fainting Goat to use it and opens huge holes that turn UDFAs into NFL rushing champs; sound familiar?

Kubiaks sole problem is the one he inherited from his mentor: He's a master of beating defenses, but has NO clue how to run them. Yet in an era when most HCs get their job being great on just a single side of the ball despite being mediocre or worse on the other, Kubes can hire an equally elite DC to handle that half of the team for him; worked fine with Wade Phillips, and if they'd had ANYTHING AT ALL at QB in 2012, they probably go all the way.

I promise none of Kubiaks lines have ever frustrated me like ours, even when our ZBS got no line surge and had to run left every time because Carlisle and Foster sucked. But then, HE didn't release Chris Myers: He picked him up when we released him, then turned him into a top NFL center. Dennison may've been a huge part of that, but he's followed Kubes everywhere so far, so it'd be two-for-one deal that gave us the excellent HC AND OC who created an elite offense from nothing despite having to work around two straight awful QBs.

As others have noted, if anyone can develop a rusty rangy scrambling QB like Oz, it's Kubes, who sorely could've used one in Houston and spent his playing career backing up the best one ever before turning Plummer into a briefly decent one despite having to fight him every step of the way.

OrangeFanatic
01-12-2015, 06:39 AM
I wouldn't take Manning back if he signed for free.

7DnBrnc53
01-12-2015, 07:20 AM
I wouldn't take Manning back if he signed for free.

Mike Golic on Mike and Mike in the Morning suggested that Denver can't force him out. That's bull. It's Elway's team, not Manning's. If John thinks that moving on from Peyton is best, then that's what will happen.

Jsteve01
01-12-2015, 07:53 AM
Ayup. Same with the line's failure to protect a geriatric immobile QB with a surgically repaired neck, or open holes for our RBs so that QB doesn't have to do it alone like his whole career.

Yet it'll all be his fault Irsay wouldn't draft a D at gunpoint and Fox couldn't find his rear end with both hands a map. Truly, and doesn't speak well of Elway for taking so long to see what was obvious to so many others (seriously, how'd he go from three SB blowouts in your mid-twenties to a repeat championship when pushing 40? It's called "a great offensive line.")

For sure!

How was Kubiak mediocre in Houston? He took a cellar dwelling expansion team with a decent D but NO offense to its first winning season and playoff win, then followed up with a division title and another playoff win. And he did it by building an offense that was a carbon copy of our SB winners, except that Schaub was a huge step down from Elway, eventually getting Kubiak fired along with him. But the rest: Dominant ZBS line that protects a QB with too much Fainting Goat to use it and opens huge holes that turn UDFAs into NFL rushing champs; sound familiar?

Kubiaks sole problem is the one he inherited from his mentor: He's a master of beating defenses, but has NO clue how to run them. Yet in an era when most HCs get their job being great on just a single side of the ball despite being mediocre or worse on the other, Kubes can hire an equally elite DC to handle that half of the team for him; worked fine with Wade Phillips, and if they'd had ANYTHING AT ALL at QB in 2012, they probably go all the way.

I promise none of Kubiaks lines have ever frustrated me like ours, even when our ZBS got no line surge and had to run left every time because Carlisle and Foster sucked. But then, HE didn't release Chris Myers: He picked him up when we released him, then turned him into a top NFL center. Dennison may've been a huge part of that, but he's followed Kubes everywhere so far, so it'd be two-for-one deal that gave us the excellent HC AND OC who created an elite offense from nothing despite having to work around two straight awful QBs.

As others have noted, if anyone can develop a rusty rangy scrambling QB like Oz, it's Kubes, who sorely could've used one in Houston and spent his playing career backing up the best one ever before turning Plummer into a briefly decent one despite having to fight him every step of the way. the o line issues were thought to be fixed Joel. If you can't see the improvement in Franklin by the end of the year then it can only be because you're married to that theme. The issue is RT. And when everyone they put in there sucked the moved Vasquez which was a horrid idea, but they had to try something. I hated the move because now you had three players at new positions. But all these issues can be fixed with one move: draft or sign a very good RT

Mike
01-12-2015, 01:05 PM
Gase for HC. If not, bring kubiak back!

What the hell did Gase do to earn a HC nod? Gase is in no way ready to be a HC, he wasn't ready to be an OC.

NightTerror218
01-12-2015, 01:07 PM
Mike Golic on Mike and Mike in the Morning suggested that Denver can't force him out. That's bull. It's Elway's team, not Manning's. If John thinks that moving on from Peyton is best, then that's what will happen.

Depends on guarantees.

jhildebrand
01-12-2015, 01:24 PM
What the hell did Gase do to earn a HC nod? Gase is in no way ready to be a HC, he wasn't ready to be an OC.

Well, that depends on whom you believe to be the coordinator. Some posters here like to have it that Manning is the OC when things go well and Gase/McCoy when they didn't. I am not that guy. I read somewhere Peyton's comments regarding changing the play to some deep pass plays (Denver Post article I believe). Why should that be on Gase? :confused:

Also, I do believe this team set records last year with Gase as the OC of record.

All that aside, the reasons I would like most to keep Gase is: 1. I think he is a very smart offensively and more aggressive than what we have seen under Fox. 2. Maybe most importantly, I want to see this team begin to rebuild/reload. I think if Os is going to have any success, his best chance will be with Gase and not having to learn a new offense going into his first season as a starter.

Traveler
01-12-2015, 01:25 PM
Depends on guarantees.

My understanding is that most of the salary guarantees have already been paid out, except for that slight restructure earlier the season. Hit to the cap would be
$5million in dead money and $16.5 million in cap saving per OTC.com

http://overthecap.com/salary-cap/denver-broncos/

BroncoJoe
01-12-2015, 01:42 PM
My understanding is that most of the salary guarantees have already been paid out, except for that slight restructure earlier the season. Hit to the cap would be
$5million in dead money and $16.5 million in cap saving per OTC.com

http://overthecap.com/salary-cap/denver-broncos/

Plus, if he retires, it's a different story.

Cugel
01-12-2015, 06:54 PM
Gase is being hired tonight by the 49ers. He's their #1 choice.

Lancane
01-13-2015, 11:58 AM
Gase is being hired tonight by the 49ers. He's their #1 choice.

I believe you're right, the Broncos will meet with him tonight after he meets with the 49ers, but I don't see San Francisco letting it get to that and will likely jump the gun and hire him before Elway can meet with him. But I don't believe Elway has any real intentions to hire Adam Gase as the Head Coach, but would like to interview him anyways to get the ball rolling or see if he can change John's mind about being the Head Coach.