PDA

View Full Version : Why Is Joe Gibbs A Coach!??!??!?!

Poet
12-02-2007, 04:16 PM
This guy is easily the stupidest man on the face of the earth. Your team is playing for SEAN TAYLOR. SEAN TAYLOR!!!!!! AND YOU GET AN UNSPORTSMANLIKE CONDUCT CALL ON YOURSELF FOR TAKING BACK TO BACK TIMEOUTS!!!!!!!!!! My god, he turned a hard kick into a gimme shot, and his team lost because of it. Does he not even care about his team? That is an obscure rule and even I knew that it would result in a penalty. He should be fired immediately. I cared more about this game then I do for the Bengals game tonight and he blew it. It isn't like a player missing a tackle to lose the game, this is a mental mistake by a "Hall of Fame" coach. I have never been more disgusted about a football game ever.

KCL
12-02-2007, 04:53 PM
I beg to differ with you.Joe Gibbs is not stupid and when he was a
coach before,he was very successful.

Alot of coaches do things that we don't agree with but to call him
stupid is well....stupid.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-02-2007, 04:58 PM
Just proves that coaches are human - I am sure he got caught up in the moment, and I believe there are assistant coaches on the field also, who should have known.

Poet
12-02-2007, 04:58 PM
I beg to differ with you.Joe Gibbs is not stupid and when he was a
coach before,he was very successful.

Alot of coaches do things that we don't agree with but to call him
stupid is well....stupid.

He was good 15 years ago. He can't even manage the clock now. That isn't even his responsibility anymore. He was once an amazing coach and now he doesn't have it. And then this, what head coach doesn't know the rules? Seriously, as a coach it is your responsibility to be able to manage the game and he failed on their biggest game. He disgusts me.

OB
12-02-2007, 07:31 PM
it was sad n ot stupid - not trying to start anything but here is where your lack of respect comes into play - Joe Gibbs did amazing things - is he now what he used to be - id say no - but never stupid

Poet
12-02-2007, 07:33 PM
it was sad n ot stupid - not trying to start anything but here is where your lack of respect comes into play - Joe Gibbs did amazing things - is he now what he used to be - id say no - but never stupid

I have respect for what he DID, I have no respect for what kind of coach he is now. He has constantly blundered games late, he isn't even in charge of handling the clock. He has a roster full of talent and he has made the playoffs once, he is a bad coach right now. Then you add on this and it's down right frustrating.

What he did was as stupid as a QB spiking the ball on fourth down.

Poet
12-02-2007, 07:35 PM
Just proves that coaches are human - I am sure he got caught up in the moment, and I believe there are assistant coaches on the field also, who should have known.

What can they do? If the head coach calls a timeout then it happens, an assistant coach cannot override the HC. As soon as Gibbs called timeout it was over and done with. They probably didn't say anything to Gibbs about it because they didn't think they would have someone who is dumb enough to call back to back timeouts.

OB
12-02-2007, 07:36 PM
I have respect for what he DID, I have no respect for what kind of coach he is now. He has constantly blundered games late, he isn't even in charge of handling the clock. He has a roster full of talent and he has made the playoffs once, he is a bad coach right now. Then you add on this and it's down right frustrating.

What he did was as stupid as a QB spiking the ball on fourth down.

And what did we do last week against the bears - and tell me again what sorry ass team we just lost to :shocked:

Poet
12-02-2007, 07:38 PM
And what did we do last week against the bears - and tell me again what sorry ass team we just lost to :shocked:

I am failing to understand what you are saying OB420. I am sure the problem is on my end, but I am drawing a blank.

Watchthemiddle
12-02-2007, 07:38 PM
If memory serves me correct, Gibbs is a HOF coach. I think given the events of the week surrounding his team and Taylor, its unfair for anyone to call him out and say he is a bad coach.

I can't believe someone even started this thread...:rolleyes:..thats classless.

:coffee:

Poet
12-02-2007, 07:39 PM
If memory serves me correct, Gibbs is a HOF coach. I think given the events of the week surrounding his team and Taylor, its unfair for anyone to call him out and say he is a bad coach.

I can't believe someone even started this thread...:rolleyes:

I provided enough examples to make my point. Thank you for addressing them......... Oh wait, you didn't my bad.:confused:

Michael Irvin is a HOF WR, that doesn't mean he is a good WR or should be a WR now does it?

Watchthemiddle
12-02-2007, 07:40 PM
I provided enough examples to make my point. Thank you for addressing them......... Oh wait, you didn't my bad.:confused:

Michael Irvin is a HOF WR, that doesn't mean he is a good WR or should be a WR now does it?

So what is your point King?? Call a man out when he is down? Pretty classy and honorable you are as a person..

Poet
12-02-2007, 07:43 PM
So what is your point King?? Call a man out when he is down? Pretty classy and honorable you are as a person..

By that logic you can never call any football player out when he is playing poorly because he is down.....

Leave the personal barbs out of it.

BroncoBJ
12-02-2007, 07:43 PM
Acidents happen. :salute:
But I was shocked he did that as well.
Some coaches also dont know the rules.
I dont know what the rule was on that 15 years ago.

He did cost them the game and that was foolish.
I think in college your allowed to call multiple timeouts though but Damn.

Tough loss for them.

Poet
12-02-2007, 07:44 PM
Acidents happen. :salute:
But I was shocked he did that as well.
Some coaches also dont know the rules.
I dont know what the rule was on that 15 years ago.

He did cost them the game and that was foolish.
I think in college your allowed to call multiple timeouts though but Damn.

Tough loss for them.

Yay for logic.

Watchthemiddle
12-02-2007, 08:03 PM
By that logic you can never call any football player out when he is playing poorly because he is down.....

Leave the personal barbs out of it.

Besides, why does it matter? DId you have money on the game or something? oh wait, you probably are too young to gamble. Seriosly, why are you taking it sooooo personal that Gibbs made a bad choice? If its that big a deal, spend your time on the Skins message board instead of the Broncos.

Shouldn't you be using your talents as a message board member venting on the Broncos and their downfalls instead of the Skins?

OB
12-02-2007, 08:05 PM
I am failing to understand what you are saying OB420. I am sure the problem is on my end, but I am drawing a blank.

We BLEW a 14 pt lead to the bears

OUR coaches kicked back to back to Hester

Who called that timeout that gave the bears, was it a TD?

And well as far as this week goes - we lost to the RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!!

what more do i need to say

I didnt see the Washington game - from what i hear Gibbs called them both - maybe he had a flashback of old school rules or something - but all he did was make a human mistake - same ones mikey seems to make week after week - thus my point

One play - or bad call by a coach/team does not a game make, thus you can not blame a whole loss on one person - Redskins shouldnt have let it get to that point AS A TEAM - but I dont think the skins are that good and I dont think gibbs is their future BUT i would never call the man a stupid coach

champbronc2
12-03-2007, 08:14 AM
Either way I feel pretty bad for the 'Skins.

Did you see Clinton Portis after the game? He was crying I think.

I was pulling for the 'Skins.

Stand Ablaze
12-03-2007, 12:57 PM
They should've played better football, if they would've done that it wouldn't have came down to a FG. :tsk:

Poet
12-03-2007, 03:15 PM
Besides, why does it matter? DId you have money on the game or something? oh wait, you probably are too young to gamble. Seriosly, why are you taking it sooooo personal that Gibbs made a bad choice? If its that big a deal, spend your time on the Skins message board instead of the Broncos.

Shouldn't you be using your talents as a message board member venting on the Broncos and their downfalls instead of the Skins?

It matters because I have never rooted for a team that wasn't my own this hard ever. I mean this is kinda the smack forum, you know where you talk smack about other teams and coaches and players.....

Watchthemiddle
12-03-2007, 07:17 PM
They should've played better football, if they would've done that it wouldn't have came down to a FG. :tsk:

:congrats;

Exactly. The team as a whole should have done better. I respect Gibbs in his press conference taking 100% of the blame. Not only for his call, but for the lose and the game.

BroncoWave
12-03-2007, 10:26 PM
Wow, if not for the Cutler bashing thread on BM, I would say this is the dumbest thread I have opened all day. Wow.

broncosfanscott
12-03-2007, 11:23 PM
I feel bad for the Skins. I was rooting for them to win. Gibbs is not stupid, however he should have known that you can't call back to back timeouts and not expect a penalty. I mean I know you can't do that so how couldn't he? :confused:

I did like how Portis had a shirt on under his jersey about Taylor and another player had a Taylor jersey on underneath his.

KCL
12-04-2007, 12:14 AM
I feel bad for the Skins. I was rooting for them to win. Gibbs is not stupid, however he should have known that you can't call back to back timeouts and not expect a penalty. I mean I know you can't do that so how couldn't he? :confused:

I did like how Portis had a shirt on under his jersey about Taylor and another player had a Taylor jersey on underneath his.

Its pretty hard to believe that Gibbs didnt know that.:confused:

As long as he has been coaching.

Poet
12-04-2007, 12:20 AM
Wow, if not for the Cutler bashing thread on BM, I would say this is the dumbest thread I have opened all day. Wow.

And I backed up my statement and as opposed to refuting anything I said you give me this BTB. Thanks for the discussion...