PDA

View Full Version : Broncos cornerback Chris Harris shows hoops skills on football field

Denver Native (Carol)
01-10-2015, 08:37 PM
Chris Harris looked at the calendar and shook his head. Football practice at Bixby High School, located in a Tulsa, Okla., suburb, was about to start before his junior year.

Harris owned remarkable skills, a big smile and growing dissatisfaction with football. He quit football once in middle school before returning at the urging of friends. This felt different. This felt like the right time to disappear for good.

"I just didn't like playing it," Harris said. "I would run a kick back and never get the ball again. I use to hate that. I only played to stay active. I didn't like it. I wanted the ball. I was a basketball guy."

AND

Teams prefer to pay premium money for one shutdown defensive back. The Broncos ponied up for Harris and free agent Aqib Talib. They invested wisely, Pro Football Focus grading the duo as the best cornerback tandem in the NFL. And it wasn't even close. Harris and Talib totaled 36.4 points, nearly double the 19.0 combined rating of Seattle's Richard Sherman and Byron Maxwell.

full article - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_27296924/broncos-cornerback-chris-harris-shows-hoops-skills-football-field