PDA

View Full Version : Chris Harris: The Spirit of the Broncos

VonDoom
01-08-2015, 10:47 AM
Good read by Dan Pompei on our boy Chris Harris, mostly about coming back from his injury last year:

Harris believes he is a better cornerback because of his knee problems. He thought his knee would benefit if he played at a lighter weight, so he dropped 12 pounds to 188, and it has made a difference.

"I feel faster this year," he said. "I feel more explosive. That is what has elevated my game to another level. I guess it teaches you to run properly. It fixes all the bad mechanics in running and the things you were doing wrong technique-wise."

Bailey told Legwold he believes Harris is playing better than any corner in the league. He also said Harris reminds him of himself in the way his technique is similar to Bailey's.

Harris does not have Bailey's special physical traits, but he studied Bailey and imitated his approach. And after Bailey left Denver in the offseason, Bailey's locker was given to Harris. It was a symbolic gesture, but also a practical one, as now Harris is in the center of the room where he can be seen and heard by all.

The rest: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2322698-the-spirit-of-the-broncos-pitbull-defender-chris-harris-jr-cant-be-held-down

NightTrainLayne
01-08-2015, 11:37 AM
Love this graph:

That wasn't enough to get him drafted, though. And for a time, it appeared he would not merit a free-agent invitation. Only the Broncos were remotely interested. The story, told to ESPN.com's Jeff Legwold, goes that they had one roster spot for a cornerback, and there were three players on their board. Denver scouts told head coach John Fox he could have the fast one, the big one or the smart one who started four years at Kansas. Fox chose the smart one, and the Broncos offered Harris a $2,000, take-it-or-leave-it bonus.

jhildebrand
01-08-2015, 12:20 PM
Love this graph:

Not only that, the guy wasn't even invited to the combine! Think about that for a moment. Think about some of the really small school guys who get invites and Harris didn't even get a sniff!

NightTrainLayne
01-08-2015, 12:44 PM
Not only that, the guy wasn't even invited to the combine! Think about that for a moment. Think about some of the really small school guys who get invites and Harris didn't even get a sniff!

All because he was a true team first guy, and played Safety his Senior year.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-08-2015, 01:01 PM
He looks pretty fast on the field to me.