PDA

View Full Version : Rahim Moore

Jsteve01
01-07-2015, 10:37 AM
Interesting stats for our very own Rahim Moore which proves the Rahim Moore sucks line of thought is so 2013. If you want to see a coverage look no further than our very own TJ Ward. I said it when we signed Ward but the big thumper safeties who are liabilities in coverage are dinosaurs in today's pass happy NFL.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/prime-cuts/slice/rahim-moore-haters-wont-believe-his-coverage-stats

Northman
01-07-2015, 10:39 AM
Is this even a story anymore? Why are people still harping on what happened in 2012? lmao

Buff
01-07-2015, 10:58 AM
...should stay deeper than the deepest WR!

Ravage!!!
01-07-2015, 11:01 AM
...should stay deeper than the deepest WR!

but that wasn't even the problem with that miss in 2012.

Buff
01-07-2015, 11:03 AM
but that wasn't even the problem with that miss in 2012.

So what do you think was the problem then?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-07-2015, 11:13 AM
How do you grade a safety in coverage when he's never 1on1? Ward draws assignments against TE's and RB's all of the time. I don't agree at all that Ward sucks in coverage.

chazoe60
01-07-2015, 11:20 AM
Meh. He's had moments but for the most prt he's very average and even below average. He was pathetically bad in the Cincy game. He is eminently replaceable.

Bronco9798
01-07-2015, 11:27 AM
Everybody puts that playoff loss on Moore. If Mr. Champ Bailey hadn't given up 14 points earlier in the game by getting beat and walked on, we would have never been in that position in the end. I always laughed how Champ always got free passes when he would get beat. If Champ wasn't getting beat, he would trip over his feet after he knew he was beat and then lay on the ground. Yes, he make great plays and he made great open field tackles and I loved the guy. But there is more blame to blame on the "Moore" play. We never should of got that far. I didn't read that article, I just assume somebody was talking about the Balt playoff game.

BroncoWave
01-07-2015, 11:32 AM
Meh. He's had moments but for the most prt he's very average and even below average. He was pathetically bad in the Cincy game. He is eminently replaceable.

These are my thoughts as well. To use more of a baseball term, I'd say he is a replacement level player. Not horrible by any means, but just overall average.

Buff
01-07-2015, 11:45 AM
Everybody puts that playoff loss on Moore. If Mr. Champ Bailey hadn't given up 14 points earlier in the game by getting beat and walked on, we would have never been in that position in the end. I always laughed how Champ always got free passes when he would get beat. If Champ wasn't getting beat, he would trip over his feet after he knew he was beat and then lay on the ground. Yes, he make great plays and he made great open field tackles and I loved the guy. But there is more blame to blame on the "Moore" play. We never should of got that far. I didn't read that article, I just assume somebody was talking about the Balt playoff game.

Champ got physically dominated during that game. Moore made an avoidable mental error at the most critical point in the game. Fair or not, I am more easily able to excuse the former than the latter. #BillBuckner

tripp
01-07-2015, 12:25 PM
Nothing drives me more nuts about Rahim Moore than him referring to himself as the "The Dream", he gave me nightmares after the Ravens loss. But I tend to agree with a few others, he seems very average.

Timmy!
01-07-2015, 12:38 PM
Don't make me post it.....I will do it. Ward>>>>>>>>>>>Moore

Ravage!!!
01-07-2015, 12:41 PM
So what do you think was the problem then?

Misjudgment on the angle of the ball. TERRRIBLE Play on his part, I'm not saying he played it right, or didn't completely frak it up... but most passes don't drop down from that far out at that steep of an angle. He COMPLETELY misjudged the ball.... just horribly.

Buff
01-07-2015, 12:46 PM
Misjudgment on the angle of the ball. TERRRIBLE Play on his part, I'm not saying he played it right, or didn't completely frak it up... but most passes don't drop down from that far out at that steep of an angle. He COMPLETELY misjudged the ball.... just horribly.

Right - you might even say he let the WR behind him in the process. ;)

NightTrainLayne
01-07-2015, 01:02 PM
Right - you might even say he let the WR behind him in the process. ;)

He let the WR behind him LOOOONNNNNGGGG before he misjudged the ball.

Krugan
01-07-2015, 01:47 PM
That goes far beyond moore, what about the CB on that side of the field?

Who made the call to drop the deep receiver ?

The coverage call was awful, so lets put this on more than just moore, although ultimately he should have made the play.

silkamilkamonico
01-07-2015, 02:08 PM
Moore is about as good as we're ever going to get at that position with the surrounding castr we currently have and want to keep.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-07-2015, 02:46 PM
That goes far beyond moore, what about the CB on that side of the field?

Who made the call to drop the deep receiver ?

The coverage call was awful, so lets put this on more than just moore, although ultimately he should have made the play.

Tony Carter didn't bump him, then released him about 15 yards past los.

Krugan
01-07-2015, 04:29 PM

Thats exactly my point, there was soooo much wrong on that play, besides moore just flat out missing the ball.

No reason to hang him for a multiple layered fark up

BroncoWave
01-07-2015, 04:47 PM
Moore is about as good as we're ever going to get at that position with the surrounding castr we currently have and want to keep.

This I agree with as well. Can't have all-pros at every position. Sometimes you have to settle for average. I don't see us really going after a replacement for Moore in free agency. Maybe we draft someone to compete for his spot, but I think that would be the extent of it.

DenBronx
01-07-2015, 06:53 PM
The Rahim play was just the nail in the coffin. We can not blame that guy for that loss though. The ravens never should have been in that game. If wanted it bad enough then we should have made plays in all 4 quarters.

Moore played good that year until that play and still continues to impress.

TXBRONC
01-07-2015, 06:56 PM
The Rahim play was just the nail in the coffin. We can not blame that guy for that loss though. The ravens never should have been in that game. If wanted it bad enough then we should have made plays in all 4 quarters.

He's not Ed Reed but he has gotten better every year. He played extremely well this season.

DenBronx
01-07-2015, 07:03 PM

He's not Ed Reed but he has gotten better every year. He played extremely well this season.

Our whole secondary has. I feel way better about this group than I had in years.

tripp
01-07-2015, 07:37 PM
Our whole secondary has. I feel way better about this group than I had in years.

Hate to say it, but I cringed whenever Champ was out there his last 2 years with us. Just got burned on most plays. I feel way more confident in our secondary too.

DenBronx
01-07-2015, 07:56 PM

Hate to say it, but I cringed whenever Champ was out there his last 2 years with us. Just got burned on most plays. I feel way more confident in our secondary too.

His name and what he has meant to the Denver Broncos community is what kept him here the last few years he was here. Loved that guy but he was done.

dogfish
01-07-2015, 10:06 PM
thankfully, he's gone after this season, so we won't have to have this debate any more. . .

Simple Jaded
01-08-2015, 01:46 AM
Moore doesn't draw the assignments that Ward does, he'd never hold up, I've seen him line up once this year and he looked like a fish outta water covering a WR. I'll take Ward over Moore at this point.

I was hoping Moore could be a ballhawk coming out of college, he's been anything but that though he is a solid starter. Nothing wrong with that.

chazoe60
01-08-2015, 07:26 AM
thankfully, he's gone after this season, so we won't have to have this debate any more. . .

I really hope you're right

TXBRONC
01-08-2015, 10:40 AM

I think Carter either fell down or slipped.

dogfish
01-08-2015, 07:28 PM
just heard an interview with chris harris on 104.3. . . when they asked him what the broncos would do to keep the colts wideouts from making explosive plays down the field, his answer was pure, 100% 24-karat GOLD. . .

"We're gonna make sure rahim stays extra deep this week."

boom! deal with that!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-08-2015, 07:33 PM
I think Carter either fell down or slipped.

I don't know dude, I don't remember that at all. I remember Carter doing very little on that play. He played the short zone, gave a clean release at the LOS, watched the QB the whole time, then released him 15-20 yards down field.

NightTerror218
01-08-2015, 07:38 PM
Moore is playing well in 2014.

Traveler
01-09-2015, 03:06 PM

^this!

Ravage!!!
01-09-2015, 04:53 PM
Moore is playing well in 2014.

Don't you mean "was" since it's now 2015? :D

Simple Jaded
01-09-2015, 05:46 PM
I don't know dude, I don't remember that at all. I remember Carter doing very little on that play. He played the short zone, gave a clean release at the LOS, watched the QB the whole time, then released him 15-20 yards down field.

Iirc Carter appeared to exchange pleasantries with Dancing With Stars as he went by.

Jsteve01
01-09-2015, 05:49 PM

^this!. The hate for guy that's proven to be solid since then is just silly

chazoe60
01-09-2015, 05:56 PM
. The hate for guy that's proven to be solid since then is just silly

When has he prove to be solid? I see him as easily our weakest link on the defense when we're fully healthy.

Timmy!
01-09-2015, 06:10 PM
Alright, you asked for it.....

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2006503/rahimno.gif

chazoe60
01-09-2015, 06:38 PM
Alright, you asked for it.....

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2006503/rahimno.gif
It's so bad it's comical. Has a safety ever made a worse play?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-09-2015, 07:02 PM
It's so bad it's comical. Has a safety ever made a worse play?

Remember when Mike Harden got trucked by Bo Jackson? I don't know if it's as bad, but it's equally embarrassing.

dogfish
01-09-2015, 10:24 PM
. The hate for guy that's proven to be solid since then is just silly

oh, stop. . . i don't "hate" rahim moore. . . i do think he's extremely replaceable-- we always struggle covering TEs, i'd love to see us add a safety who can actually do it well. . .

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-10-2015, 12:03 AM
oh, stop. . . i don't "hate" rahim moore. . . i do think he's extremely replaceable-- we always struggle covering TEs, i'd love to see us add a safety who can actually do it well. . .

I think Denver might be the only place Ward's coverage ability isn't respected. He does very well againstTE'S.

Traveler
01-10-2015, 04:54 AM

^this!. The hate for guy that's proven to be solid since then is just silly

I don't hate Moore. I just don't think he'll get a new contract with Denver since they have bigger priorities. He's also just average player who still blows his coverage responsibilites as a single high safety.

dogfish
01-10-2015, 09:00 AM
I think Denver might be the only place Ward's coverage ability isn't respected. He does very well againstTE'S.

he's okay. . . in any case, that doesn't make rahim any better at it. . .