PDA

View Full Version : house of cards *spoilers*

Pudge
01-05-2015, 01:51 AM
New season starts on the 28th, I just finished session two tonight. It's a very addicting series.

One thing that's been driving me nuts is the scene where it seems as if Frank and Claire seem to get intimate with their secret service detail. Did that irritate anyone else?

MOtorboat
01-05-2015, 02:19 AM
This gives me a reason to rewatch it again.

Just an incredible show.

Northman
01-05-2015, 05:08 AM
New season starts on the 28th, I just finished session two tonight. It's a very addicting series.

One thing that's been driving me nuts is the scene where it seems as if Frank and Claire seem to get intimate with their secret service detail. Did that irritate anyone else?

Didnt really irritate me but did catch me off guard that Frank went that way.

BroncoWave
01-05-2015, 08:14 AM
It was first hinted frank might swing that way in the episode where he went back to his old college for the weekend

Pudge
01-05-2015, 11:32 AM
Didnt really irritate me but did catch me off guard that Frank went that way.

It irritated me in the sense that he has so much to lose. I feel like this will be a scandal in the future. Also I meant new season February 28th

Northman
01-05-2015, 11:56 AM
It irritated me in the sense that he has so much to lose. I feel like this will be a scandal in the future. Also I meant new season February 28th

Well, seeing how he has been involved in two murders i think making nuk nuk with his SS agent is the least of his worries. lol

FanInAZ
01-05-2015, 02:39 PM
I'm looking forward to 2016 more then 2015. That's when he runs to retain the Office of the Presidency which he stole from his predecessor.

FanInAZ
01-05-2015, 02:40 PM
As far as Frank "swinging both ways," this is 21 century Hollywood. More & more characters will be expected to swing both way in order to keep up with current social expectations. I'm not going to elaborate any further on this subject in this thread due to forum rules.

Pudge
01-05-2015, 02:59 PM
As far as Frank "swinging both ways," this is 21 century Hollywood. More & more characters will be expected to swing both way in order to keep up with current social expectations. I'm not going to elaborate any further on this subject in this thread due to forum rules.

Meh, I disagree that it's a social expectation for us to have a bisexual character. I was just really surprised by it

Pudge
04-08-2015, 10:09 AM
Finally got around to finishing season three, I hated the cliff hanger

DenBronx
06-24-2015, 06:04 PM
I loved House of Cards season 1 and some of season 2. Then it just got boring and I couldn't watch it any longer. I tried hanging on but couldn't. Did it get any better at least?

weazel
06-25-2015, 10:11 AM
it wasn't as good but it is just to set up season 4... going to be war!

Northman
06-25-2015, 10:21 AM
Yea, season 3 was a little disappointing but im not sure what to expect from season 4 so im hoping for some good stuff.

weazel
06-25-2015, 10:25 AM
I think it will be good... she's going to run and he's gonna have to fight her.

Pudge
02-27-2016, 06:21 AM
I've been rewatching this getting ready for season 4. Season one and two were great to watch again, season three not so much. Regardless I'm getting excited for season four

Ravage!!!
02-27-2016, 10:17 AM
season three seemed to have been the "set up" season for a ramped up political FIGHT that is goign to be intriguing. All the new chess pieces are put into place with enough backround for us to keep up with. There actually was a LOT of things that happened in 3, and a lot of new players.

(like wave pointed out, when Frank went to college and was kissing on his college friend was the first time we were introduced to his bi side. We just didn't know if his wife knew until the SS agent)

Slick
02-27-2016, 11:30 AM
Is season 3 the one where Frank pissed on his Dad's grave?

MOtorboat
03-03-2016, 03:38 AM
Is season 3 the one where Frank pissed on his Dad's grave?

Yep. Season 4 comes out tomorrow. Just about to finish my annual rewatch, 56 minutes away, in fact.

MOtorboat
03-04-2016, 03:04 AM
It's time.

What a hell of an open...

FanInAZ
03-04-2016, 04:13 AM
It's time.

What a hell of an open...

I hate that Underwood has the best "shark repellent" ever. I want to see him go down so bad, but he just won't.

MOtorboat
03-04-2016, 04:15 AM
I hate that Underwood has the best "shark repellent" ever. I want to see him go down so bad, but he just won't.

I root for him. This show is amazing and Kevin Spacey is awesome.

FanInAZ
03-04-2016, 04:28 AM

The acting & scripts are great, I hate the character mainly because I'd hate to see someone obtain the Presidency the way he did. What he's done as President... :shocked:

BroncoWave
03-05-2016, 11:40 PM
Holy balls season 4 was awesome. Could not stop watching it once I started. And that last scene was absolutely bone-chilling. (A little disappointed that that last line was a blatant Breaking Bad ripoff, but otherwise great).

FanInAZ
03-06-2016, 12:03 AM
Holy balls season 4 was awesome. Could not stop watching it once I started. And that last scene was absolutely bone-chilling. (A little disappointed that that last line was a blatant Breaking Bad ripoff, but otherwise great).

I think its safe to say that everything's going to hit the fan, once & for all, in season 5. The only question is, how much damage will they do as they go down in flames?

Northman
03-06-2016, 08:03 AM

Have to agree.

The reality is when you look past Frank all of the political figures are corrupt in some degree. Frank is just more upfront about it and i like his persona. Just got done with season 4 and it was way better than last season. Both Spacey and Wright nail their roles in this show.

FanInAZ
03-06-2016, 12:10 PM
Have to agree.

The reality is when you look past Frank all of the political figures are corrupt in some degree. Frank is just more upfront about it and i like his persona. Just got done with season 4 and it was way better than last season. Both Spacey and Wright nail their roles in this show.

Frank Murdered 2 people & stole the White House; that goes above & beyond common corruption. Nevertheless, your absolutely right about them nailing their roles to the point of being scary. By the way, how has Shane not gotten into this? For someone who started the "1984" thread, about a book published in 1949, you'd think he'd love this show that could be considered a modern day adaptation of it.

weazel
03-06-2016, 02:20 PM
Just finished binge watching season 4, that was awesome! Season 5 is going to be absolutely insane, the characters in this show are perfect

mouthofsouth
03-06-2016, 03:15 PM
I am rewatching it all in preparation for season 4 just released. I am still on season 1 (rewatch) and don't recall the scene you refer to from watching the first time. Anyway, you have to realize these are not nice people. Frank is evil, to say the least. But I am thinking that there is a whole lot of similarity to the way the Washington scene really is. So corrupt. I enjoy the series, especially Spacey's acting. Enjoying watching it again and looking forward to season 4.

MOtorboat
03-07-2016, 01:10 AM
Didn't see episode three coming. Shit just got real.

That was a great episode. I've always kind of disliked Claire until now.

FanInAZ
03-07-2016, 01:17 AM
Didn't see episode three coming. Shit just got real.

That was a great episode. I've always kind of disliked Claire until now.

Just wait until the last thing that comes out of her mouth during the last 5 minutes of the final episode. That, & the stare that she & Frank give as he make the final statement of the season before closing credits.

MOtorboat
03-07-2016, 01:42 AM
And shit got even realer in episode four. This season is great.

Northman
03-07-2016, 08:17 AM
And shit got even realer in episode four. This season is great.

Yea, Missy and i had heard some people hated this season but we watched the entire series over a couple of days and loved every bit of it.

BroncoNut
03-07-2016, 09:28 AM

I love the series and look forward to picking up on it.

iirc, when Claire and Frank got intimate with Meecham, I fell into a bit of a jealous fit for a while I have to admit. Meecham has it pretty good and Frank did real well by him. Frank took him back because of his tenacity and loyalty, and it paid off well for him. irritated, no not really. I find certain characters irritatating more than that particular exchange.