PDA

View Full Version : What Colts Fans are Saying.

ShaneFalco
01-04-2015, 11:01 PM
http://forums.colts.com/topic/34444-colts-broncos-the-matchup-merge/

Just a few quotes from their forums. Can view the link if interested in the thread.

Difference in the game will come down to turnovers and hopefully manning gives us colts fans exactly what we know he's done a lot in his previous playoff days quack quack pick - Happy2BeHere

Hopefully, "Playoff Peyton" will show up. Interceptions, etc. If the D can get something going and throw him off of his rhythm, they can win. Of course, Colts' O has to produce. - GwinnettColt

this is three years in the making. everyone knew this was gonna happen eventually. ANDREW VS PEYTON IN THE PLAYOFFS. you cant ask for a better matchup - coltsrule91

Get ready for Colts and Ravens AFCCG at LOS - Shane Bond

Best way to beat the Broncos and Manning is take away their run game and get out to an early lead. Force Manning to throw into the wind in the cold. - sportsworld33

I am not saying we win, but right now I am not feeling we get blown out either. Our two games vs. Denver since Manning has been there have been quite competitive. We historically in many recent years have given Denver a lot of tough games as well. We had a chance to even tie the thing week 1 too.......but thats water under the bridge now. I always felt Peyton played better in AFCCG's then divisional games too if my memory is right.- Jules

This one made me smile

why is there so many pats fans trolling on here? Is the pats forum that boring?- Nesjan3

tripp
01-04-2015, 11:12 PM
Funny how quickly some fans turn on the guy who made the Colts relevant for the past decade and more. Colts fans have always been trash fans IMO. Just my experience.

With that being said, I think it'll be a competitive game. We haven't lost at home once this year, and week 1.. well, we're talking about a completely different Broncos team, where the defense has had months to gel, and we've established a steady run game. What have the Colts done this season? Lost Robert Mathis for the year (as if their defense couldn't get worse), Reggie Wayne has looked old and slow, and their only threat appears to be Luck and Hilton.

BroncoWave
01-04-2015, 11:20 PM
I laughed at "quack quack pick". That was funny.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-04-2015, 11:27 PM
Wow, dilusions are running rampant over there. :laugh:

GEM
01-04-2015, 11:35 PM
My bro in law is a Colts fan being from Indy...he worshipped the ground Manning walked on until he left...now he hates Manning. I always have to remind him the Colts forced that move, not Manning.

Davii
01-04-2015, 11:40 PM
Colts will lose big. They just faced a Bengals team missing half their players and certainly their best offensive threat, no such luck against our rested team. Their secondary is NOT a strength, Manning will carve them up, the run will compliment the pass, our D will create those turnovers that Luck is becoming famous for. Broncos roll by 14+.

CrazyHorse
01-04-2015, 11:46 PM
Get ready for Broncos and Ravens AFCCG at Sport's Authority - Shane Bond

Corrected for accuracy.

pulse
01-04-2015, 11:50 PM
Hey, I was a Colts fan from 1998 to 2011! I was even in the RCA Dome when the Colts whipped the snot out of the Broncos in the 2004 playoffs. :nixon:

I have no qualms admitting I got into the Broncos because of Manning. Though I can see why the Colts parted ways with Manning, it still felt horrible and depressed the hell out of me. He saved that franchise, I thought they'd stick with him through thick and thin. After a full season of watching Peyton play games for the Broncos, I became a Broncos fan. Call me a band-wagoner, I really don't care. I still like the Colts. I have a lot of good memories going to games there, and I still pull for them when it doesn't hurt the Broncos.

Regardless of all that jazz, the Broncos are the better team. We haven't lost a game at home. We better damn well take care of business.

OrangeHoof
01-05-2015, 12:59 AM
I walked into a Sports Clips (spin-off from SuperCuts with Jay Novacek as part owner) to get a haircut during the Detroit-Dallas game and there were three chicks with Cowboy jerseys and one girl near the register in a bright orange Broncos 18 jersey. I immediately decided I'd request her.

She noticed my Broncos sweatshirt and we talked about our mutual fanship. Turns out she's a huge Elway fan but she thought we'd be facing the Ravens next week (hey, nice blonde with gentle hands so she can be forgiven for not knowing the seedings). She was a little leary when I told her we were playing Indy but she brightened up when I told her we beat them in Week One.

Nothing to do with Indy fans, mind you, but I just thought I'd describe a Bronco-related part of my day.

Runamok
01-05-2015, 01:13 AM
Colts fans are delusional. They're lucky they got to play Cinci rather than the Ravens. Otherwise they'd be talkin about the draft.

Davii
01-05-2015, 01:14 AM
Colts fans are delusional. They're lucky they got to play Cinci rather than the Ravens. Otherwise they'd be talkin about the draft.

This time next week they will be

Bronco9798
01-05-2015, 01:20 AM
All my family are Colts fans. They all live in Indiana. They all still like Peyton and pull for the Broncos when the Colts aren't playing them. I've been to every Bronco/Colt game in Indy the last 10 years or so. The fans are actually pretty cool and never give us a hard time. I was born and raised in Indiana and moved to Colorado when I was 18. The Colts were in Baltimore then, they weren't in Indy.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-05-2015, 01:20 AM

Delusional is what I should have said. Disillusioned is not correct in that context. :laugh:

Let's see, even if the qb position is a push we have:
Better run game
better passing game
better run D
better passing D

And we have home field advantage. ...they really think they'll win? Good gravy, some people's kids.

pulse
01-05-2015, 02:08 AM
I wouldn't say the Colts are incapable. Denver is just a more complete team. The Broncos simply need not play like shit and they should win by two scores.

TXBRONC
01-05-2015, 08:33 AM
I wouldn't say the Colts are incapable. Denver is just a more complete team. The Broncos simply need not play like shit and they should win by two scores.

You're not going to find to many Bronco fans that will say differently. I hope Denver wins by two scores but it is the playoffs so I'm thinking it closer than that.

Joel
01-05-2015, 08:56 AM
Funny how quickly some fans turn on the guy who made the Colts relevant for the past decade and more. Colts fans have always been trash fans IMO. Just my experience.
You think it's just them? He made us relevant again but many here are ALREADY turning on him, and that was always guaranteed if he didn't singlehandedly deliver us a championship. He's lucky Indys D finally managed to string together two decent playoff games in a row in 2006 so he didn't have to chase a championship all by himself like every OTHER year of his career. I'm starting to feel bad for the guy.

tripp
01-05-2015, 09:52 AM
You think it's just them? He made us relevant again but many here are ALREADY turning on him, and that was always guaranteed if he didn't singlehandedly deliver us a championship. He's lucky Indys D finally managed to string together two decent playoff games in a row in 2006 so he didn't have to chase a championship all by himself like every OTHER year of his career. I'm starting to feel bad for the guy.

To be fair we didn't have complete melt down seasons without Manning. We made the Playoffs the year before he came here. And I've said it before, that's the problem when you're the best QB in the NFL, the expectations are unrealistic.

Krugan
01-05-2015, 11:02 AM
Cant see why colts fans shouldnt be positive.

They just beat a team we lost to 3 weeks ago, they have a solid team that is pretty much always competitive, and frankly Manning has had rugged games in the playoffs and in the cold.

I have no feeling at all as to an outcome, I just hope we show up and play up to what the team is.

MasterShake
01-05-2015, 11:07 AM
What Colts fans SHOULD realize is that nothing has changed in Indianapolis. They are still putting too much pressure on their QB to do it all, and while that is fine against scrubs that won't work late in the playoffs. The only difference is that now the Colts have a younger, more mobile version of Manning in Luck. Every time the Colts played a team as good or better than them this season they would get stomped because Luck CAN'T do it all, just like Manning couldn't.

One thing that gives me hope about the Broncos going into this postseason is that Elway remembers what it was like to be in that position and I think Manning is starting to accept it. We might not have it all figure it just yet, but flipping our script when we did gave us a few games that proved that we can win when Manning has an off day.

And now that I said all of that, I hope we can put that theory to the test this Sunday. I expect the Broncos to be rested and ready to show Indy what you can do with not only a great QB, but a good team around him. I felt cocky about the Broncos last year until Seattle put an end to that, but this year I have a weird quiet confidence I haven't felt since the revenge tour in the late 90's. Not saying it will take us all the way to where we need to be, but I like the chip on the shoulder we have this season. If Manning does struggle I know that CJ Anderson and the defense can step up, and that is a nice feeling to have.

Joel
01-05-2015, 12:40 PM
To be fair we didn't have complete melt down seasons without Manning.
Sure we did: We blew up our offense and spent a 1st round pick on the latest SECAA flavor of the month, missed the playoffs after we fell off a cliff following a 6-0 start, and followed that by finishing next to last in the league despite CHEATING. We pretty much imploded. Indy didn't have melt down seasonS without Manning though: They finished dead last, but it got them a franchise QB who had them back in the playoffs his rookie year.

We made the Playoffs the year before he came here.
Even won a playoff game, but the near-unanimous consensus is that that was thanks to the most luck of any team in NFL history, including a division where no one had a winning record (though it should be noted only ONE team had a LOSING record, and only by ONE game even then.)

And I've said it before, that's the problem when you're the best QB in the NFL, the expectations are unrealistic.
With that I certainly agree: We didn't have a championship-calibre roster before Manning, so the idea he'd carry it to a SB win all by himself was always a pipe dream—but it's a mortal lock everyone who bought it into will blame Manning rather than admit the error. His career narrative and how much Broncos fans hated him BEFORE we signed him guarantee it.

FanInAZ
01-05-2015, 02:46 PM

With that being said, I think it'll be a competitive game. We haven't lost at home once this year, and week 1.. well, we're talking about a completely different Broncos team, where the defense has had months to gel, and we've established a steady run game. What have the Colts done this season? Lost Robert Mathis for the year (as if their defense couldn't get worse), Reggie Wayne has looked old and slow, and their only threat appears to be Luck and Hilton.

What about how fast Broncos' fans warmed up to him when he came here? Unlike me, most fans on this site was saying the same things about Manning when he was with the Colts that the Colts' fans are saying since he's been here.

Joel
01-05-2015, 03:47 PM
What about how fast Broncos' fans warmed up to him when he came here? Unlike me, most fans on this site was saying the same things about Manning when he was with the Colts that the Colts' fans are saying since he's been here.
Yeah, some folks have much shorter memories than those of us they accuse of being fair weather, johnny-come-lately bandwagon fans. Remember all the Broncomania members mocking Manning for throwing his line under the bus in '05? I guarantee Manning does, hence he's promptly volunteered to take all blame for every loss, whether or not deserved, but the sad thing is, THIS line deserves a view of the axles.

It still won't help Indy next week, at least not enough; we've got a top five D and theirs is hit-or-miss Swiss cheese with worse run support than ours. That game's ours to lose; NO excuses if we do.

FanInAZ
01-05-2015, 03:52 PM
Yeah, some folks have much shorter memories than those of us they accuse of being fair weather, johnny-come-lately bandwagon fans. Remember all the Broncomania members mocking Manning for throwing his line under the bus in '05? I guarantee Manning does, hence he's promptly volunteered to take all blame for every loss, whether or not deserved, but the sad thing is, THIS line deserves a view of the axles.

It still won't help Indy next week, at least not enough; we've got a top five D and theirs is hit-or-miss Swiss cheese with worse run support than ours. That game's ours to lose; NO excuses if we do.

I've never been on Broncomania, but I was on Broncosfreak. I'm pretty sure that the fans on both site were pretty similar.

tripp
01-05-2015, 04:00 PM

Good point, HOWEVER, I think personally, there's a huge difference between Broncos fans hating Manning before he came to Denver, as opposed to Colts fans ripping on Manning post Colts era. BIG difference.

Manning has torched the Broncos every time he's played us. Only time in recent memory do I remember us beating the Colts, is when Jim Sorgi came in as backup in week 17 when the game was meaningless for the Colts, and meant everything to US to make the playoffs, only then to make the playoffs and have to face the Colts in which we got trounced.

So yes, I think we had the right to hate on Manning, I know I certainly did. Not because I thought he was a bad QB, not because he threw lame ducks, but because he beat us every time. Kind of the same way I look at Brady, I respect him as a player, but I hated him because he always found a way of beating us. Look, if Elway went to a different team in the twilight of his career, I'd NEVER bash the guy because OUR team let him go. Never. Elway was the face of the Broncos, just like Manning was the face of the Colts. I'd never disrespect a guy who made you competitive year in and year out. Sorry but some Colts fans are brutal and spoiled.

pulse
01-05-2015, 04:19 PM
I don't know how many Colts fans are actually bashing Manning right now, but to those that are either have really short memories or they're just Luck newcomers. I will say that until Luck overcomes their deficiencies in the running game and their same old bend-but-sometimes-don't-break defense, winning an AFC Championship, their fans really have no place to say anything negative about the man who damn sure should be credited for pulling their franchise out of the perpetual cellar. Prior to Manning, Indianapolis had a few good years thanks to some brilliant play by Jim Harbaugh and a stout defense in the mid-90s. But they were quickly heading back into oblivion, perhaps losing the franchise to another city, until they made the greatest decision they ever could have ever made in drafting Peyton Manning. He transformed that city and the state of Indiana into football country. I'm glad they have a great player like Luck to keep it going, but it's kind of ridiculous for any Colts fan to bash Manning on what he didn't accomplish there based on where their franchise is today.

silkamilkamonico
01-05-2015, 04:21 PM
Forget the Peyton vs Luck matchup - these guys are obviously clueless as to how god our defense is playing right now.

FanInAZ
01-05-2015, 04:23 PM
Forget the Peyton vs Luck matchup - these guys are obviously clueless as to how god our defense is playing right now.

God is playing D for us :shocked:

Joel
01-05-2015, 04:31 PM
I've never been on Broncomania, but I was on Broncosfreak. I'm pretty sure that the fans on both site were pretty similar.
From what I've heard of the Freak, Mania was MUCH tamer; as the offical team site, the Mods must keep it that way, because anything and everything said there reflects on the Broncos organization running the place. Apart from that though, I think the fan bell curve is pretty much for every site for every team in every sport. There's probably a bunch of people in Saskatoon right now talking trash at the curling team who'll beat their overrated local favorite next week.

Good point, HOWEVER, I think personally, there's a huge difference between Broncos fans hating Manning before he came to Denver, as opposed to Colts fans ripping on Manning post Colts era. BIG difference.

Manning has torched the Broncos every time he's played us. Only time in recent memory do I remember us beating the Colts, is when Jim Sorgi came in as backup in week 17 when the game was meaningless for the Colts, and meant everything to US to make the playoffs, only then to make the playoffs and have to face the Colts in which we got trounced.

So yes, I think we had the right to hate on Manning, I know I certainly did. Not because I thought he was a bad QB, not because he threw lame ducks, but because he beat us every time. Kind of the same way I look at Brady, I respect him as a player, but I hated him because he always found a way of beating us. Look, if Elway went to a different team in the twilight of his career, I'd NEVER bash the guy because OUR team let him go. Never. Elway was the face of the Broncos, just like Manning was the face of the Colts. I'd never disrespect a guy who made you competitive year in and year out. Sorry but some Colts fans are brutal and spoiled.
The word is "fickle;" welcome to pro sports. Most other Broncos fans act like—once they expected him to win US a SB—they immediately forgot all about the Peyton Manning dartboards they had when he made a HoF career out of torching us and everyone BUT Brady. They'll miraculously and promptly recover from that amnesia if he retires without gratifying their pipe dream though, because that's how it goes.

It's easy to say, "I'D never be like fickle fans of all OTHER teams if Elway bailed on us for Cleveland or Bowlen moved the team to L.A." because that commitment can never be tested. In that respect, the Broncos have had it VERY good pretty much from Day One, and most of the credit for that goes to Bowlen. I guess Romanowski still has Denver fans, but I bet they're the minority since he went to Oakland and turned his dirty hits on former teammates twice/year.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-05-2015, 04:39 PM

That's what I'm saying. ...we have a much better D and running game. Then, to top it off we have home field advantage. I don't see us losing this game.

Davii
01-05-2015, 04:58 PM
With that I certainly agree: We didn't have a championship-calibre roster before Manning, so the idea he'd carry it to a SB win all by himself was always a pipe dream—but it's a mortal lock everyone who bought it into will blame Manning rather than admit the error. His career narrative and how much Broncos fans hated him BEFORE we signed him guarantee it.

What error would that be Joel?

Pudge
01-05-2015, 05:25 PM

I don't remember Broncos fans hating him. Yeah sure there was razzing like we do with Tom Brady I've always respected players who can play at a high caliber and are classy about it. Tom Brady is phenominal, so is drew brees and Aaron rodgers. Sure I'm going to talk shit given the opurtunity but I still enjoy watching them

Pudge
01-05-2015, 05:26 PM
I don't remember Broncos fans hating him. Yeah sure there was razzing like we do with Tom Brady I've always respected players who can play at a high caliber and are classy about it. Tom Brady is phenominal, so is drew brees and Aaron rodgers. Sure I'm going to talk shit given the opurtunity but I still enjoy watching them

Quoted the wrong person, but whatever

Joel
01-05-2015, 05:34 PM
Expecting PFM to be a one-man championship team. Ironically, that's what this whole game boils down to: Andrew Luck@Denver Broncos; I'd bet on our 53 over their 1 every day of the week and twice on Super Bowl Sunday. I just wish it could leave us with even an average offensive line to take to NE, but if we had that the AFCCG wouldn't be a travel week for us. It's "just" one hole, but the most critical place.

Bronco9798
01-05-2015, 06:00 PM
There won't be much talking after Sunday. It will be over very quickly for them. Broncos aren't going to waste a lot of time putting these guys away.

spikerman
01-05-2015, 06:04 PM
There won't be much talking after Sunday. It will be over very quickly for them. Broncos aren't going to waste a lot of time putting these guys away.

The Broncos don't ever put anybody away quickly. Like all Broncos games, it will probably be a nail biter before it's over.

Bronco9798
01-05-2015, 06:09 PM
The Broncos don't ever put anybody away quickly. Like all Broncos games, it will probably be a nail biter before it's over.

I have a gut feeling. Can I enjoy it? Please don't rain on my parade. :-) Again, we will come out and we will play our best game of the year in all 3 phases of the game. I really do believe this. And look out for the Defense this week!! They will be all the **** over it. :-)

MOtorboat
01-05-2015, 06:23 PM
Expecting PFM to be a one-man championship team.

No one has done that. Especially, and obviously most importantly, the Denver Broncos.

MOtorboat
01-05-2015, 06:25 PM

I agree.

Don't see a lot of big wins in the playoffs unless something seriously goes wrong on one side, like unfortunately the Super Bowl last year. Even the AFC Championship game which was in doubt even in the fourth quarter last season was a relatively easy playoff win.

spikerman
01-05-2015, 06:27 PM
I have a gut feeling. Can I enjoy it? Please don't rain on my parade. :-) Again, we will come out and we will play our best game of the year in all 3 phases of the game. I really do believe this. And look out for the Defense this week!! They will be all the **** over it. :-)

I would like nothing more than for you to give me a big "I told you so" next week. :D

Bronco9798
01-05-2015, 06:29 PM
I would like nothing more than for you to give me a big "I told you so" next week. :D

Oh, I'm going to!! I just have a really good feeling!!! Defense, especially. I see a dominating performance!!!

MOtorboat
01-05-2015, 06:30 PM
Oh, I'm going to!! I just have a really good feeling!!! Defense, especially. I see a dominating performance!!!

That would be fun to watch.

BroncoJoe
01-05-2015, 06:33 PM
I wonder how much satisfaction Manning will get seeing Luck on his ass all afternoon.

TXBRONC
01-05-2015, 07:36 PM

I hope you're right but I think it's going to be close game.

Joel
01-05-2015, 07:48 PM
No one has done that. Especially, and obviously most importantly, the Denver Broncos.
I'll cut to the chase: Neither of us can change the others mind on this, so instead of wasting time, band width and vitriol trying, let's just agree to disagree. :)

tripp
01-05-2015, 07:50 PM
I honestly wouldn't be surprised in the least if the Colts start with the lead. Colts have momentum going their way, we need to shake the rust off after being off for a week. I think we'll settle down in the 2nd half and take control, but will still be close. Not totally out of the question we finish with 2 score lead though.

MOtorboat
01-05-2015, 07:57 PM
I'll cut to the chase: Neither of us can change the others mind on this, so instead of wasting time, band width and vitriol trying, let's just agree to disagree. :)

Awesome. You're going to stop spamming the board, then?

Joel
01-05-2015, 08:16 PM
Awesome. You're going to stop spamming the board, then?
About whether Indy expected Manning to do it all with NO D before Denver expected him do the same with no line? Sure, but the second part covers far more ground, all of which remains fair game so long as it exists. Easiest way to shut me up about THAT is for Denver to win even ONE of the SBs everyone's taken for granted since the moment Manning signed; as much as we outclass all other teams at all other positions, that should be very easy indeed if the line's as good as our coaches, former All Pro SB-winning linemen and network analysts all agree it ISN'T. What's left to stop us...?

MOtorboat
01-05-2015, 08:20 PM
About whether Indy expected Manning to do it all with NO D before Denver expected him do the same with no line? Sure, but the second part covers far more ground, all of which remains fair game so long as it exists. Easiest way to shut me up about THAT is for Denver to win even ONE of the SBs everyone's taken for granted since the moment Manning signed; as much as we outclass all other teams at all other positions, that should be very easy indeed if the line's as good as our coaches, former All Pro SB-winning linemen and network analysts all agree it ISN'T. What's left to stop us...?

Who is taking a championship for granted?

Good grief.

Poet
01-05-2015, 08:24 PM
The Broncos have tried to give Manning an offensive line. Clady was signed when he was a stud. Ramirez was signed as a valuable addition as well. Whether those moves have worked out due to circumstances and what not is a different matter. This is the same franchise who turned around and built a very strong defensive unit in one offseason. They are trying to craft the best team possible. The effort and results are there.

RunYouOver
01-05-2015, 08:36 PM
As always, what the fans think doesn't matter. Everyone is in the what have you done for me lately mentality come playoff time (at least as far as fans go), and the Colts are coming off an impressive victory in the wild card round. Our matchup against them was the first week of the season and plenty has changed. They have every right to feel confident, but fortunately for us, their confidence literally means nothing.

I'm pretty confident we come out and if we don't crush them, at least take care of business and move onto the AFC Championship. We're clearly the more talented team, we have playoff experience at this point and we're ready. I think we win by 10.

tripp
01-05-2015, 08:50 PM
The Broncos have tried to give Manning an offensive line. Clady was signed when he was a stud. Ramirez was signed as a valuable addition as well. Whether those moves have worked out due to circumstances and what not is a different matter. This is the same franchise who turned around and built a very strong defensive unit in one offseason. They are trying to craft the best team possible. The effort and results are there.

I think you mean Vasquez, as we've had Ramirez since the beginning of the 2011 season. Would like to see them grab a OT in free agency this off-season regardless what happens this year.

Poet
01-05-2015, 08:50 PM
I think you mean Vasquez, as we've had Ramirez since the beginning of the 2011 season. Would like to see them grab a OT in free agency this off-season regardless what happens this year.

I apologize.

MOtorboat
01-05-2015, 08:53 PM

Just move Franklin back to RT where he belongs.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-05-2015, 08:54 PM
I apologize.

I've been waiting years to hear that.

Thank you King, thank you :hugs:

tripp
01-05-2015, 08:57 PM
I apologize.

Please, please, please, don't ever do it again, please. :lol:

Poet
01-05-2015, 09:41 PM
Please, please, please, don't ever do it again, please. :lol: