PDA

View Full Version : Broncos launch "United in Orange" postseason promotions

Denver Native (Carol)
01-04-2015, 01:40 PM
DENVER— The Denver Broncos are collaborating with several corporate partners and the City of Denver to kick off numerous “United in Orange” postseason promotions.

In the past week, oversized jersey banners were hung along Larimer Street between 14th & 15th Ave., striking a playoff visual for fans in the Mile High City.

The Broncos also teamed up with 9News and King Soopers for a United in Orange yard sign giveaway. Broncos, 9News and King Soopers social media accounts have been announcing King Soopers locations involved with the giveaways as part of the week-long promotion involving 12 stores in the metro area. Fans are being asked to creatively stake signs in their yards and post a photo to www.denverbroncos.com/broncosyardsigns or on social media using the hashtag #BroncosYardSigns for the chance to win prizes, including playoff tickets, Broncos merchandise and exclusive playoff gameday experiences.

Beginning Monday, passengers traveling on terminal trains at Denver International Airport will be greeted by Pro Bowl defensive end DeMarcus Ware. Denver’s defensive captain will welcome visitors to the Mile High City and remind all travelers that Denver is ‘United in Orange’ for the Broncos’ playoff run.

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-launch-United-in-Orange-postseason-promotions/0d47acb2-265c-45e6-99cb-ccac930024a2

Denver Native (Carol)
01-05-2015, 02:29 PM
Polidori Sausage  ‏@PolidoriSausage 36m

Beautiful Larimer Square! #UnitedInOrange http://fb.me/758CQUPHc

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-05-2015, 04:42 PM
Orange, I like it -

GEM
01-05-2015, 05:19 PM
Larimer Square looks awesome as shit!!!

:rockon:

NightTrainLayne
01-05-2015, 06:03 PM
Dude! I want a yard sign! Can someone help a Mod out?

GEM
01-05-2015, 06:05 PM

I'll try to keep an eye out for if they go to a store up on the north side of town. So far it's all been down south. :(

DenBronx
01-05-2015, 07:02 PM
If we get to the SuperBowl again....please dont wear orange. We dont win those wearing orange. TIA

Timmy!
01-05-2015, 08:45 PM
If we get to the SuperBowl again....please dont wear orange. We dont win those wearing orange. TIA

We wouldn't. It alternates every year so NFC teams gets "home" uniforms this year. Broncos would be in white.

Davii
01-05-2015, 08:58 PM

Me too!

Denver Native (Carol)
01-05-2015, 09:32 PM
I'll try to keep an eye out for if they go to a store up on the north side of town. So far it's all been down south. :(

Here's their schedule so far

http://www.9news.com/story/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/2015/01/01/free-broncos-yard-sign/21144651/

GEM
01-05-2015, 10:24 PM
The closest they get is tomorrow morning in wheat ridge. Let's see if I can get there early enough to grab a couple and get to work on time.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-05-2015, 10:29 PM
The closest they get is tomorrow morning in wheat ridge. Let's see if I can get there early enough to grab a couple and get to work on time.

They keep saying one per family, so you will need to do some fast talking.

GEM
01-05-2015, 10:33 PM
Dammit! Nothing can just be easy! I Dont have a yard so Dont need one for myself, but would have liked to get one for Layne and Matt.

NightTrainLayne
01-05-2015, 10:35 PM
Dammit! Nothing can just be easy! I Dont have a yard so Dont need one for myself, but would have liked to get one for Layne and Matt.

No worries. If you were to get one, Matt deserves it more than me. #travellingjersey.

GEM
01-05-2015, 10:39 PM
No worries. If you were to get one, Matt deserves it more than me. #travellingjersey.

There is another store further north on weds. I will try to hit both.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-05-2015, 10:43 PM
There is another store further north on weds. I will try to hit both.

Would Alameda & Wadsworth work for you? They are there on Friday morning.

NightTrainLayne
01-05-2015, 10:59 PM
Ive Got a friend in Boulder who said they'd pick one up for me. I'm good. Get Matt one if you get a chance.

Davii
01-05-2015, 11:07 PM

I cannot endorse this message. Your Fandom cost you a knee! :lol:

NightTrainLayne
01-05-2015, 11:09 PM
I cannot endorse this message. Your Fandom cost you a knee! :lol:

I regret that I have but one knee to give for my team. (My wife won't allow another such sacrifice)

GEM
01-06-2015, 12:28 AM
Ok, will hit wheat ridge in the morning!

dogfish
01-06-2015, 02:04 AM
They keep saying one per family, so you will need to do some fast talking.

all these years on the board, and you've never seen her pics?

GEM
01-06-2015, 08:46 AM
Got it! Matt, shoot me an address where you want this sent. :D

NightTrainLayne
01-06-2015, 09:55 AM

Sign it and send some kind of trinket with it! :D

GEM
01-06-2015, 10:04 AM

Davii
01-06-2015, 10:18 AM
PM sent, Gem is awesome! Looming forward to planting it in the front yard!

GEM
01-06-2015, 10:32 AM
Got it, finding a box and it will go out by tomorrow morning! :D

BroncoJoe
01-06-2015, 11:00 AM
That's awesome of you GEM!

I was going to get one, but my HOA doesn't allow yard signs. Knowing my neighbors, they'd complain (they did during the elections with other's political signs).

GEM
01-06-2015, 11:35 AM

I was going to get one, but my HOA doesn't allow yard signs. Knowing my neighbors, they'd complain (they did during the elections with other's political signs).

More reason to hate HOA's!! Tyrant old women with nothing better to do!! :laugh:

pnbronco
01-06-2015, 04:34 PM

Good I was trying to figure out how to get more than one because I always look guilty.....now I can get one for us....

You're the best Gem!

Denver Native (Carol)
01-06-2015, 04:46 PM

You can just put it in your front window - you do not need to put it in your yard.

MasterShake
01-06-2015, 04:51 PM
The United in Orange stuff is great! Last year around this time just from my normal walk on 16th street mall on my lunch I got an orange Broncos Beanie, 3 posters, and some stickers. If (not gonna say when!) we get to the AFCCG things get really nutty and they have a big event by the city and county building with the cheerleaders and a bunch of goodies/music/former players. I love living in Denver, and I especially love working downtown this time of year when the Broncos are in the playoffs! A lot of the statues around town also get Broncos jerseys on this time of year.

GEM
01-06-2015, 05:49 PM
That is one thing I miss about working Downtown. All the events and things.

pnbronco
01-06-2015, 09:37 PM
The line was nuts....got there a few before 4 and it was around the store to the back and people were talking that had been there since 2:00.... Did get it and they would only give one. I'm not putting mine in my yard....Thank you Carol for all the information and thank you again Gem so I don't have to go to King Soopers at 5:00 am tomorrow..... :D

GEM
01-06-2015, 10:40 PM
Do the morning ones. I got there at 6:30 and there was no line.I was in and out in about 20-25 min.

pnbronco
01-07-2015, 11:57 AM
Do the morning ones. I got there at 6:30 and there was no line.I was in and out in about 20-25 min.

I am not a morning person....too many years for working on my own and in retail....so I opened one eye at 6:30 this am and thought do I want to venture out. Finally threw myself out of bed and went outside to scrap ice for 10 minutes with a plastic knife since I didn't want to go find my ice scrapper in my other van, remember not a morning person....only a few brain cells working.

So I get to the store around 7 and they had a few left so I got the sign. BTW Christmas stuff is now 90% off at King Soopers so got some great gifts to give out later. Anyway I was talking to the check out lady if it had been busy..... People started showing up at 1:00 this am and by 6:00 it was completely wrapped along the inside of the store.... I was soooo glad I had slept in and got what I wanted and more....:cool:

MasterShake
01-07-2015, 03:37 PM
And right on cue, the statues in front of the hotel on 16th and Court just put their jerseys on for the upcoming game!

GEM
01-07-2015, 04:31 PM
They must sew those babies on there! :laugh:

GEM
01-07-2015, 04:32 PM
Davii's package will arrive in CA on Friday! :dance: He got the yard sign and I sent him a pretty cool Broncos item. :D

Krugan
01-07-2015, 04:44 PM
I miss living in CO :(

pnbronco
01-07-2015, 09:12 PM
And right on cue, the statues in front of the hotel on 16th and Court just put their jerseys on for the upcoming game!

I love the idea of the city supporting the Broncos. But that first picture looks like a Alien with it's arms up and a giant snail crawling up it's leg....just kind of creepy but love the idea....:laugh:

BroncoJoe
01-08-2015, 08:37 AM
http://www.denvergov.org/Portals/728/documents/United%20in%20Orange%20Friday%20Proclamation.pdf

NightTrainLayne
01-08-2015, 11:11 AM
Yee-haw!!!

My friend in Boulder came through this morning. She said there was not much of a line at all at 6:00am for the yard sign.

She also said that she took a flyer and spent $20 on an autographed Broncos calendar that they were selling as part of the promotion. I don't know yet who has signed it (I don't imagine PFM, or DT or anyone like that), but it doesn't matter.

She is sending it today. If I'm lucky I get it by Saturday and can put it in the yard before the game on Sunday!

GEM
01-08-2015, 11:14 AM
Yee-haw!!!

My friend in Boulder came through this morning. She said there was not much of a line at all at 6:00am for the yard sign.

She also said that she took a flyer and spent $20 on an autographed Broncos calendar that they were selling as part of the promotion. I don't know yet who has signed it (I don't imagine PFM, or DT or anyone like that), but it doesn't matter.

She is sending it today. If I'm lucky I get it by Saturday and can put it in the yard before the game on Sunday!

Fantastic! :D

Buff
01-08-2015, 11:15 AM
Yee-haw!!!

You have a friend in Boulder? :D

NightTrainLayne
01-08-2015, 11:17 AM
You have a friend in Boulder? :D

Yes. She's beautiful, and a fitness freak.

Buff
01-08-2015, 11:18 AM
Yes. She's beautiful, and a fitness freak.

Duh. It's Boulder.

OB
01-08-2015, 11:20 AM
This makes me want to move to denver even more

NightTrainLayne
01-08-2015, 11:29 AM
Duh. It's Boulder.

:D

She's also married to a Doctor, who is a great guy.

Buff
01-08-2015, 11:29 AM
:D

She's also married to a Doctor, who is a great guy.

Way to ruin the story!

pnbronco
01-08-2015, 11:52 AM
Yee-haw!!!

That is so great. I think as the word got out it got more crazy... The Calendar could of be of the Cheerleaders, FYI. There were 2 of them at the 104th and Federal store and I was thinking wow they must of sold all their calendars because they usually have them with them at the events they go to. I believe you will enjoy it but since I'm not sure how Mrs. NTL feels about those kind of things, you might want to take it to work.

NightTrainLayne
01-08-2015, 12:50 PM
That is so great. I think as the word got out it got more crazy... The Calendar could of be of the Cheerleaders, FYI. There were 2 of them at the 104th and Federal store and I was thinking wow they must of sold all their calendars because they usually have them with them at the events they go to. I believe you will enjoy it but since I'm not sure how Mrs. NTL feels about those kind of things, you might want to take it to work.

Oh snap! I didn't think about it being a cheerleader calendar. :D :D :D :D

Mrs. NTL will REALLY enjoy that on the kitchen fridge for the year! :D

Denver Native (Carol)
01-08-2015, 06:35 PM
A few days ago, the Denver City and County building downtown was decked out for the holidays, with colored spotlights turning the building into a massive ornament for the city.

Not anymore. Santa is out. Broncos are in.

As the team prepares to face the Colts in an AFC divisional playoff game at Sports Authority Field at Mile High on Sunday, the city has turned orange and blue. Literally.

pictures - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2015/01/07/denver-decked-orange-blue-broncos-playoff-game/31983/

Denver Native (Carol)
01-08-2015, 06:39 PM
DENVER — Beginning today, passengers in Jeppesen terminal train stations at Denver International Airport will be greeted by Denver Broncos eight-time Pro Bowl defensive end DeMarcus Ware. Denver’s defensive captain will welcome visitors to the Mile High City and remind all travelers that Denver is ‘United in Orange’ for the Broncos’ playoff appearance.

In contrast to conventional public announcements, DIA’s Train Calls feature a series of musical chimes greeting travelers throughout the underground system. These chimes function as melodic preludes to voice messages and have greeted visitors to DIA since the airport opened in 1995.

Denver International Airport began recording celebrity messages in 2010. Previous Train Call greetings have been recorded by Broncos Executive Vice President of Football Operations/General Manager John Elway (2011), quarterback Peyton Manning (2012) and former cornerback Champ Bailey (2013).

you can hear Demarcus' train call
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/DeMarcus-Wares-Train-Call-greets-DIA-travelers/f638f3e9-b58b-49ab-b7b7-faf108c838fa

Denver Native (Carol)
01-10-2015, 11:21 AM
When you go to the Broncos' website, the first thing that comes up is a great United In Orange video.

GEM
01-12-2015, 07:24 PM
Stupid USPS didn't get Matt's package there until today, but it has arrived. Hopefully the extra item in there makes up for the sign getting there a day late and a dollar short. :laugh:

Davii
01-12-2015, 10:12 PM
Holy freaking hell you guys should see the Bronco head Gem sent to me. What an unexpected, amazing surprise. This thing is gorgeous and freaking HEAVY. I love it. This badass chunk of diamond plate will dominate my Bronco collection for eternity!

Thank you Gem, you're awesome, I will find something for you....

GEM
01-12-2015, 10:21 PM
:D Glad you like it!

BroncoJoe
01-13-2015, 10:18 AM
Holy freaking hell you guys should see the Bronco head Gem sent to me. What an unexpected, amazing surprise. This thing is gorgeous and freaking HEAVY. I love it. This badass chunk of diamond plate will dominate my Bronco collection for eternity!

Thank you Gem, you're awesome, I will find something for you....

Love the typewriter in the background.

The Broncos head is pretty nice too... :D