PDA

View Full Version : Broncos DC Jack Del Rio to interview with Raiders, possibly Bears

OrangeHoof
01-03-2015, 01:51 PM
http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyfootball/update/24933221/broncos-dc-jack-del-rio-to-interview-with-raiders-possibly-bears

by Igor Mello | CBSSports.com
Sat, 03 Jan 2015 10:18 AM ET
Former Jacksonville Jaguars coach and current Broncos (http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyfootball/teams/page/DEN/denver-broncos) defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio remains a "top candidate" for the head coaching vacancy in Oakland, according to CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora reports. He will interview (https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/551394013379833856) with the Raiders (http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyfootball/teams/page/OAK/oakland-raiders) on Sunday and could also meet with the Bears (http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyfootball/teams/page/CHI/chicago-bears) in the near future.
Del Rio was the coach of the Jaguars from 2003-2011. He is in his third year guiding Denver's defense. The Broncos rank second in rushing yards allowed per game (79.8) and ninth in passing yards allowed (225.4). The team is currently on a bye week before starting their postseason campaign on Jan. 11.

========

This is, of course, newsworthy if you trust a guy named Igor that writes fantasy news...

Joel
01-03-2015, 08:54 PM
I'd miss Del Rio far more than Gase, even if many wouldn't. It's kinda sad though watching the Raiders keep snaking away our DCs in the delusional belief that'll somehow fix what's wrong with their owner.

BroncoWave
01-03-2015, 08:59 PM
I don't think he'd last at either of those places very long. Both bad situations and I think in general he is just more cut out to be a coordinator than a HC.

SR
01-03-2015, 10:53 PM
**** Del Rio if he goes to the Raiders. He'll die there just like Allen did.

CoachChaz
01-03-2015, 11:16 PM
**** Del Rio if he goes to the Raiders. He'll die there just like Allen did.

Belichek would drown in Oakland

OrangeHoof
01-03-2015, 11:36 PM
All those years in J-Ville proved he couldn't run an offense.

DenBronx
01-03-2015, 11:42 PM
Well...bring Allen back then.

DenBronx
01-04-2015, 12:25 AM

It still aint runnin without him. 1st pick anyone? Del Rio masked alot of problems in J-Ville.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-04-2015, 01:09 AM

It still aint runnin without him. 1st pick anyone? Del Rio masked alot of problems in J-Ville.

Exactly. I lived in the Jax area for 9 years and since they fired JDR, they haven't been even close to relevant. JDR actually got them to the playoffs a couple of times with superstars like Byron Leftwich and David Garrard. He took teams with the same talent level they have now to the playoffs.

Remember, JDR wasn't in charge of roster decisions in Jax. He had a GM who did all the drafting, scouting, and signing. He played the players he was given and even though their offense was never good (Brunnel, McCardell, and Jimmy Smith were all gone by the time he took over. The only good offensive player he had was MJD) he still had their defense playing well above their pedigree and they were a feared defensive team.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-04-2015, 01:48 AM

Jack had some good teams down there with Garrard and MJD. Doesn't anyone remember them coming in here about 5 years ago and curb stomping us?

DenBronx
01-04-2015, 02:52 AM

Jack had some good teams down there with Garrard and MJD. Doesn't anyone remember them coming in here about 5 years ago and curb stomping us?

Yeah and MJD mile high saluting us after each score. I hated MJD after that game.

ShaneFalco
01-04-2015, 03:49 AM
raiders never learn, you cant just poach broncos coaches and expect them to all be winners on their own.

capt. Jack
01-04-2015, 07:45 AM
Maybe they will hire Josh Mcdaniels instead?

FanInAZ
01-04-2015, 11:06 PM
Don't forget them poaching Shanny in the 80s. Seriously, how desperate do you have to be to for a HC gig that you'd accept the Raiders' job in spite of their track record?

I do believe the Bears' job is much better because they usually are still serious play-off contenders after Thanksgiving weekend, The Raiders' fans are usually resigning to the reality of another losing season before Halloween.

broncofaninfla
01-05-2015, 09:47 AM
If JDR bails I hope we bring Allen back. Although I've been happy with JDR I liked Allen better as our DC.

BroncoJoe
01-05-2015, 10:07 AM
I'd be surprised if JDR doesn't go to Oakland.

http://www.raidersbeat.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Screenshot_2015-01-01-22-52-25-1.png

Buff
01-05-2015, 10:33 AM
I think we should fire Del Rio regardless now that we know his parents are Raiders season ticket holders.

NightTrainLayne
01-05-2015, 12:17 PM
I think we should fire Del Rio regardless now that we know his parents are Raiders season ticket holders.

Don't be so hasty. Season tickets to the Raiders is cheaper than good single-game tickets for the Broncos. They live out there, and could guarantee watching their son win one game a year in person with good seats away from the black hole retards. It was a good investment.

;)

CoachChaz
01-05-2015, 01:04 PM
I think losing both coordinators is the perfect time to look at replacing the head coach.

Joel
01-05-2015, 01:12 PM
I think losing both coordinators is the perfect time to look at replacing the head coach.
I agree in principle, but if we replaced our whole coaching staff now there's no way the team would adjust to the new one (and vice versa) before Manning retires. It's too late, just as with the line.

FanInAZ
01-05-2015, 01:20 PM
I'd be surprised if JDR doesn't go to Oakland.

http://www.raidersbeat.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Screenshot_2015-01-01-22-52-25-1.png

"He gets it." He gets what? He gets that every Raiders' coach over the past 30 years has been sabotaged by the ownership. You ask, "What about Jon Gruden?" Oh, you mean the HC that built a SB contender & then was run out of town by an egocentric owner who want to be viewed as the brilliant mastermind that put it all together.

"He gets it" suggests that the problems of the Raiders not having a coach that understands the expectations of the Raiders. Nothing can be further from the truth.

FanInAZ
01-05-2015, 01:40 PM
Del Rio: Mom & Dad, I'm thinking about taking a HC position.

Mom: That's great Jackie, sweetie! Who with?

Del Rio: Your favorite hometown team!

Mom & Dad: Oh, no :tsk: :tsk:

Del Rio: What's the matter, I thought you'd both be excited for me :confused:

Dad: Son, we love to watch you succeed at your endeavors, that's why it would break our hearts for you to take this job. A lot of people hold you in low regard because of how things ended in Jax. So if you’re not reasonably successful in your next HC job, you may never have another opportunity. The Raiders a train wreck because of the gross incompetence of the ownership, which has been clearly proven to be hereditary. If you take this job, your career as a HC will probably be over in less than 4 years, & that's an optimistic estimate on my part.

Mom: Jackie, sweetie, we just want you to be happy. You'd probably be happier as a school crossing guard then as the HC of the Raiders.

Joel
01-05-2015, 03:31 PM
If he really "gets" the Raiders, that's the biggest reason he wouldn't be caught dead as their HC. You're absolutely right, Fan: A rookie HC (e.g. Allen) or one with some past success might be able to take a Mulligan for the unavoidable perennial disaster coaching the Raiders is, but not a guy whose Jags were so pathetic people STILL question whether he can ever be a decent HC.

Your earlier question is the one I ask about every two years: "How desperate do you have to be to for a HC gig that you'd accept the Raiders' job in spite of their track record?" The only light at the end of that tunnel was Al Davis' imminent demise. Now that his heir's a chip off the old block, they're pretty much boned in perpetuity, as is anyone dumb/desperate enough to coach there.