PDA

View Full Version : Predictions for Denver in the Playoffs

Slick
01-03-2015, 12:02 PM
What does Denver do in the 2015 NFL Playoffs?

Poll upcoming/poll is public

Ravage!!!
01-03-2015, 12:16 PM
I hate to be a downer, but from what I've seen of our team lately...and the way Manning has played over the last month..... I think we are a 1-n-done team this year.

underrated29
01-03-2015, 12:17 PM
New England is the only obstacle in our way. If they go down the Enchilada is ours! If not I could see a scenario where we lose in I AFCCG

OrangeHoof
01-03-2015, 12:27 PM
Pittsburgh brings Jerome Bettis out of retirement and with help from their refs "upset" Denver in the second round. Did you know Jerome Bettis is from Detroit?

RunYouOver
01-03-2015, 12:33 PM
I'm not nearly as confident as last year--not even close. And I think that might be a good thing. Sneaking suspicion we get it done this year...at least I hope :D

BroncoWave
01-03-2015, 12:34 PM
We will win our first game because this team is still dominant at home. Then I predict we will lose to New England in the AFCCG.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-03-2015, 12:36 PM
We're 8-0 at home this year. I'm confident we win the divisional round, not so much the AFCCG if we have to go on the road to NE. It's more than just the weather. To be truly effective, Manning needs the home field quiet on offense to effectively audible. Our silent count and audibles on the road this year have gotten worse and worse. I just don't trust us on the road.

Now, if NE loses in the divisional round, I can see us making the Superbowl. As far as winning it, it depends which NFC team we play. I'd actually like another shot at Seattle. Don't know if we'd win, but we have a better defense this year and we're more balanced. Seattle's offense isn't exactly scary this year either. Stop Lynch and play to stop the zone read vs Wilson and our secondary can shut down their receivers.

MOtorboat
01-03-2015, 12:37 PM
Lose the first game.

Board loses its shit.

Hoes is a dirtbag.

tomjonesrocks
01-03-2015, 01:14 PM
I'd expect a win vs. any of the possible first round opponents -- though a first-round exit would spare us what I see as a 100-to-1 shot vs. NE. Little need to even get off the plane for that one.

I don't think this team beats GB or Seattle in a SB either.

Just not Denver's year IMO.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-03-2015, 01:24 PM
We will win our first game because this team is still dominant at home. Then I predict we will lose to New England in the AFCCG.

Here is proof that Wave and I agree on something today.

Shazam!
01-03-2015, 01:29 PM
If Baltimore can win in Pitt I believe they have what it takes to upset Brady and the Pats. That's the only path Denver has realistically to host the AFCCG in Denver.

BroncoWave
01-03-2015, 01:33 PM
Board loses its shit.

And Mo is sure to remind everyone of how much more intelligent he is because he isn't losing his shit like the rest of us simpletons.

NightTrainLayne
01-03-2015, 01:47 PM
If someone else can knock off the Pats at home... I sure don't want us to play them. Any other team that can knock off the Pats at home will take care of us even at Mile High.

To be the best, you've got to beat the best. Unfortunately, I don't think we're the best.

Shazam!
01-03-2015, 01:51 PM
If someone else can knock off the Pats at home... I sure don't want us to play them. Any other team that can knock off the Pats at home will take care of us even at Mile High.

To be the best, you've got to beat the best. Unfortunately, I don't think we're the best.

I don't believe that. Some teams just don't match up well against each other and I think Baltimore can create enough havoc around Brady to pull off a close game.

Need Flacco to be tight and on his game tonight and in NE if they win.

BroncoWave
01-03-2015, 01:52 PM

Which is why I would be happy for someone to do our dirty work of taking out the best. No one will remember how easy or hard our path was if we're holding that trophy at the end of the year.

Slick
01-03-2015, 01:59 PM
I think they'll either lose the first one at home next Sunday or they win the whole thing. Feast or famine with this team.

MOtorboat
01-03-2015, 02:05 PM
And Mo is sure to remind everyone of how much more intelligent he is because he isn't losing his shit like the rest of us simpletons.

Yay! More making it personal because I don't hate this team.

There are a lot of miserable people here.

Slick
01-03-2015, 02:07 PM
I hope the ex-Freaks appreciated the Hoes is a dirtbag option. That was for you guys. War the old Bronco Freaks!

MOtorboat
01-03-2015, 02:10 PM
I hope the ex-Freaks appreciated the Hoes is a dirtbag option. That was for you guys. War the old Bronco Freaks!

That's what I voted for. No poll is complete without it.

BroncoWave
01-03-2015, 02:19 PM
Yay! More making it personal because I don't hate this team.

There are a lot of miserable people here.

I couldn't care less if you love or hate the team. I was talking about your constant need to shit on people for "freaking out" as you put it. All of your posts on this topic come off as "I'm better than you becaue you freak out and I don't".

If you chose to remain calm and uncritical of the team, good for you. I don't think anyone has any issuse with that. But it doesn't make your opinion worth any more than those who choose to be negative about the team.

MOtorboat
01-03-2015, 02:21 PM
I couldn't care less if you love or hate the team. I was talking about your constant need to shit on people for "freaking out" as you put it. All of your posts on this topic come off as "I'm better than you becaue you freak out and I don't".

If you chose to remain calm and uncritical of the team, good for you. I don't think anyone has any issuse with that. But it doesn't make your opinion worth any more than those who choose to be negative about the team.

I've never said that. Any of that, really. Continue on with your fun personal attacks.

BroncoWave
01-03-2015, 02:23 PM
I've never said that. Any of that, really. Continue on with your fun personal attacks.

Not in as many words, but you imply it every chance you get. It's not a personal attack, it's just an observation of the truth.

MOtorboat
01-03-2015, 02:25 PM
Not in as many words, but you imply it every chance you get. It's not a personal attack, it's just an observation of the truth.

Here's the best part: I didn't even say whether or not I'd be in that group. That's the best part to your bullshit, because if they lose that first game, I probably am going to lose it and be pissed.

Continue on with your strawman.

chazoe60
01-03-2015, 02:40 PM
We win it all. CJ is the MVP of the playoffs. This team reminds me of our 97 team. We will shock the world.

BroncoWave
01-03-2015, 03:08 PM
In all honestly, the least appealing of those options is getting back to the Super Bowl and losing again. If we're gonna lose, I'd rather get it out of the way early and get a better draft pick than have my hopes raised for the Super Bowl just to have them dashed once more.

Timmy!
01-03-2015, 03:24 PM
I think they'll either lose the first one at home next Sunday or they win the whole thing. Feast or famine with this team.

This is where I'm at. I have a feeling that starting tonight things might just start falling in place perfectly for us.

Poet
01-03-2015, 03:29 PM
We win it all. CJ is the MVP of the playoffs. This team reminds me of our 97 team. We will shock the world.

I'm here for you.

WTE
01-03-2015, 03:43 PM
This is where I'm at. I have a feeling that starting tonight things might just start falling in place perfectly for us.

Well there is good news for you on this thought process:

Baltimore has won its last 4 road games on WC weekend.

There's also bad news for you:

PITT has won its last 7 Divisional home games.

Poet
01-03-2015, 04:04 PM
I like Baltimore in that game. I don't think it matters who goes to New England, though. There isn't a team in the AFC who can cover and stop Gronk. The Patriots can manufacture a running game and since it goes through New England, the vile Patriots end up in the SB. Then we get to see Brady have one last hurrah against either the Seahawks or the Packers.

BroncoWave
01-03-2015, 04:05 PM
I like Baltimore in that game. I don't think it matters who goes to New England, though. There isn't a team in the AFC who can cover and stop Gronk. The Patriots can manufacture a running game and since it goes through New England, the vile Patriots end up in the SB. Then we get to see Brady have one last hurrah against either the Seahawks or the Packers.

Sadly, I tend to agree. Wouldn't rule out Dallas in the NFC though. They are playing fantastic football right now. Getting hot at the right time.

RunYouOver
01-03-2015, 04:18 PM

I don't think us winning would "shock the world" by any stretch. We're not the favorites, but after Seattle and New England, we're even odds with GB as third most likely to win. I agree that we're not being picked anywhere to win it, but I don't think people would be that surprised. That's exactly where I like us. Not favorites, but more than capable.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-03-2015, 04:28 PM
Well there is good news for you on this thought process:

Baltimore has won its last 4 road games on WC weekend.

There's also bad news for you:

PITT has won its last 7 Divisional home games.

And Denver won it's last home divisional game against Pitt. What's your point homeslice?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
01-03-2015, 04:30 PM
I don't think us winning would "shock the world" by any stretch. We're not the favorites, but after Seattle and New England, we're even odds with GB as third most likely to win. I agree that we're not being picked anywhere to win it, but I don't think people would be that surprised. That's exactly where I like us. Not favorites, but more than capable.

Hey Run, are you still admin over at the team site?

Jsteve01
01-03-2015, 04:36 PM
I appreciated the hoes comment slick.

Joel
01-03-2015, 04:37 PM

The reward for someone else beating the team you can't beat is you're forced to PLAY the team that beat you can't beat. We saw how that worked out as the #2 seed in 2005, when (ironically) we mocked Manning throwing his line under the Bettis after Pitt upset them, only to watch Plummer have a 4 turnover career-ending meltdown as Pitt shelled us in the only home AFCCG Denver ever lost.

Not to mention NE's practically invicible at home (less than half a dozen AFC teams have beaten Brady there in his CAREER, and that's counting last weeks loss that was close even though he skipped the last 3 quarters.) Denver's never won a playoff game @Belicheat, and neither has Manning; I doubt the combination will fare any better. Brady's winless in the playoffs @Denver and @Manning, but doesn't have to worry about that this year. We didn't do our job against them, Cincy, Seattle nor even ST. LOUIS, and NE did, so the road to the SB goes through their house; for us, it ENDS there.

Ravage!!!
01-03-2015, 04:44 PM
anyone read that?

Joel
01-03-2015, 05:02 PM
If two whole paragraphs is more than you can process, that's your fault and problem, not mine.

RunYouOver
01-03-2015, 05:02 PM
Hey Run, are you still admin over at the team site?

Yeah, still doing that. Just decided to start posting here again, too. :salute:

Valar Morghulis
01-03-2015, 05:10 PM
Yeah, still doing that. Just decided to start posting here again, too. :salute:

what other site?

Edmonton Bronco Fan
01-03-2015, 05:17 PM
We're winning it all.

Take out the Bungles in the Divisional round. Take care of business against the Ravens in the Conference Championship. OT win in the Super Bowl over the Packers.

Which would surely cause me to have a heart attack. But there are worse ways to die.

RunYouOver
01-03-2015, 05:20 PM
what other site?
The denverbroncos.com message boards. A lot of old regular posters from over there moved to here a number of years ago.

Slick
01-03-2015, 05:22 PM
The denverbroncos.com message boards. A lot of old regular posters from over there moved to here a number of years ago.

The good ones did.

Nice to see you around RYO. Post moar!

WTE
01-03-2015, 05:27 PM

Am I still perma banned over there?

RunYouOver
01-03-2015, 05:29 PM
The good ones did.

Nice to see you around RYO. Post moar!

Not all the good ones ;)

Most likely :lol:

Back on topic...this current game shows us all we need to know about the playoffs, even though we already knew it; no one knows what will happen. We certainly have enough talent to win, we just need a little bit of luck and we'll be fine.

NightTrainLayne
01-03-2015, 05:32 PM

Perma-banned? I hadn't thought of that. What a wonderful idea!

WTE
01-03-2015, 05:42 PM

Time to get Gianni going again. My favorita pizza maker.

Runamok
01-03-2015, 08:03 PM
What does Denver do in the 2015 NFL Playoffs?

Poll upcoming/poll is public

I'll vote later, after seeing how the Steelers look tonight.

Runamok
01-03-2015, 08:07 PM
The reward for someone else beating the team you can't beat is you're forced to PLAY the team that beat you can't beat. We saw how that worked out as the #2 seed in 2005, when (ironically) we mocked Manning throwing his line under the Bettis after Pitt upset them, only to watch Plummer have a 4 turnover career-ending meltdown as Pitt shelled us in the only home AFCCG Denver ever lost.

Not to mention NE's practically invicible at home (less than half a dozen AFC teams have beaten Brady there in his CAREER, and that's counting last weeks loss that was close even though he skipped the last 3 quarters.) Denver's never won a playoff game @Belicheat, and neither has Manning; I doubt the combination will fare any better. Brady's winless in the playoffs @Denver and @Manning, but doesn't have to worry about that this year. We didn't do our job against them, Cincy, Seattle nor even ST. LOUIS, and NE did, so the road to the SB goes through their house; for us, it ENDS there.

Welcome back, Joel.

Runamok
01-03-2015, 08:14 PM

Well, if you decide to do that, could you please do it before the Board's HOF balloting closes on Jan 8? I don't want to waste one of my votes.

underrated29
01-03-2015, 08:43 PM
what other site?

The official site is a very......uhmm..........you're humor would get you in trouble there. It's very strict if you will.

Valar Morghulis
01-03-2015, 09:02 PM
The official site is a very......uhmm..........you're humor would get you in trouble there. It's very strict if you will.

Yeah, I had a quick look through it. Not for me. To hold my interest, I need pictures of hot Russian chicks and inflammatory arguments about race, religion, drugs and gun ownership - all topped off with the occasional discussion about football lol

underrated29
01-03-2015, 09:06 PM
Yeah, I had a quick look through it. Not for me. To hold my interest, I need pictures of hot Russian chicks and inflammatory arguments about race, religion, drugs and gun ownership - all topped off with the occasional discussion about football lol

So when do you think carol will invite us over?

olathebroncofan
01-03-2015, 10:33 PM
"My prediction? Pain!" Clubber Lang

Timmy!
01-03-2015, 11:05 PM

*cough*

DenBronx
01-03-2015, 11:47 PM
I hate to be a downer, but from what I've seen of our team lately...and the way Manning has played over the last month..... I think we are a 1-n-done team this year.

I dont think were 1 n done but 2 n done might be what it is. Hope im wrong but this team doesnt seem hot at the time of the year it needs to be hot.

Simple Jaded
01-04-2015, 12:34 AM
I wonder if Aleister is still at Mothership oppressing free speech.

Bronco9798
01-04-2015, 07:36 AM
We win round one. We advance to the Super Bowl if Baltimore beats New England and we get the AFCCG at home. We then go on to win the Super Bowl. Our outcome depends on the winner of the Balt/NE game.

Shazam!
01-04-2015, 08:18 AM
We win round one. We advance to the Super Bowl if Baltimore beats New England and we get the AFCCG at home. We then go on to win the Super Bowl. Our outcome depends on the winner of the Balt/NE game.

I love that matchup, even if NE beats Baltimore, they're gonna be physically abused which could help too.

MasterShake
01-04-2015, 10:45 AM
I think we end up in the AFCCG game this year. I like our chances in the divisional round against Cincy or the Colts. New England will have their hands full with that pass rush vs Baltimore. Like last year I think our Defense steps up big in the playoffs like it has the last few weeks and gives us a chance to get to the Super Bowl. The rest all depends on CJ Anderson and how well Manning plays, obviously. New England is still the biggest obstacle, I just don't piss my pants thinking about playing them. Mostly because I personally don't have to play them.

Either way, I will be rooting for the Broncos so it really doesn't matter. Lots of fans would love to be in our position!

Runamok
01-04-2015, 11:39 AM
I think we end up in the AFCCG game this year. I like our chances in the divisional round against Cincy or the Colts. New England will have their hands full with that pass rush vs Baltimore. Like last year I think our Defense steps up big in the playoffs like it has the last few weeks and gives us a chance to get to the Super Bowl. The rest all depends on CJ Anderson and how well Manning plays, obviously. New England is still the biggest obstacle, I just don't piss my pants thinking about playing them. Mostly because I personally don't have to play them.

Either way, I will be rooting for the Broncos so it really doesn't matter. Lots of fans would love to be in our position!

Couldn't agree more. I thought the Steelers would handle Baltimore at home, and be the less dangerous of those two for NE. Now that the Ravens will be facing off ag'in the Pats, anything could happen next week. Also, either Cincy or Indy should be a better matchup for the Broncos than the Steelers would have been. All boiling down to how well Peyton performs. He hasn't looked very good in a month.

NE is going to have its hands full with the Ravens who looked pumped.

Northman
01-04-2015, 12:13 PM
I think we will be one and done. I had more confidence in last year's team.

GEM
01-04-2015, 12:31 PM
We got this! Elway takes control of Gronks surgically repaired metal arm in the 2nd half of the AFCC game. He turns Gronk on Brady clotheslining him every chance he gets. Broncos win and go on to beat Dallas in a death rematch of 1977.

:D

tripp
01-04-2015, 12:33 PM

Joel
01-04-2015, 03:47 PM
I still think it was ludicrous to claim a 5'9" WR with so many concussions the next one gets him a set of steak knives would headhunt ANYONE. Talib's just always been fragile, partly due to his physical style of play; sadly, that hasn't changed in Denver, so I'm more than a little worried HE won't finish all our playoff games. I just hope next weeks game looks more like the first half of Opening Day than the second.

VonDoom
01-04-2015, 03:53 PM
I think we will be one and done. I had more confidence in last year's team.

You think we're losing to this Colts team? In Denver? I don't see it.

NightTerror218
01-04-2015, 04:04 PM
I think we can be the Colts. Our defense is so much better than game 1. Our offense can still be the best in league and almost unstoppable.

I think AFC Championship will be Denver and Ravens. Watching the Ravens defense last night.... That much QB pressure from the sides and up the middle. Brady will be in fetal position all game. With that said, Manning may as well be in fetal position to in AFC Championship game too.

Northman
01-04-2015, 04:11 PM
You think we're losing to this Colts team? In Denver? I don't see it.

Just a feeling, kind of like i had when we played Cincy.

Bronco9798
01-04-2015, 04:22 PM
We win round 1 with a bit of ease. We'll be really prepared for this one. Peyton isn't looking this game and the Defense will control the Colts offense pretty easy.

tripp
01-04-2015, 08:37 PM
My biggest worry with the Colts is their deep passes to Hilton. A lot of vertical plays to their receivers hurt the Bengals big time. Other than that, they look very very average.

Bronco9798
01-04-2015, 09:13 PM
My biggest worry with the Colts is their deep passes to Hilton. A lot of vertical plays to their receivers hurt the Bengals big time. Other than that, they look very very average.

Very average. They aren't complete on offense. You have to play the game and anything can happen, but it's an easy sell that we win going away.

VonDoom
01-04-2015, 09:39 PM

Our corners are better than Cincy's. I'm a little concerned about the Dream letting Hilton run past him when he's supposed to pick him up in coverage, but other than that, I'm not that worried about that aspect. Also, Cincy got virtually no pass rush on Luck, and I think things will be different in our game. We have to rattle him. They have zero running game, so we shouldn't bite on play fakes and just be aggressive rushing the passer. I expect Ward to be used in blitzing situations a lot.

tripp
01-04-2015, 10:11 PM
Our corners are better than Cincy's. I'm a little concerned about the Dream letting Hilton run past him when he's supposed to pick him up in coverage, but other than that, I'm not that worried about that aspect. Also, Cincy got virtually no pass rush on Luck, and I think things will be different in our game. We have to rattle him. They have zero running game, so we shouldn't bite on play fakes and just be aggressive rushing the passer. I expect Ward to be used in blitzing situations a lot.

Yeah the pass rush was awful on Cinci's part. There were plenty of times where Luck had all the time in the world to throw the ball. Wasn't dazzled by Colts defense either. No Robert Mathis hurts them big time. I'll never under estimate Andy Luck though, almost came back to beat us earlier in the season.

GEM
01-04-2015, 10:18 PM
Just a feeling, kind of like i had when we played Cincy.

Dont you jinx us, North!!! :mad:

Northman
01-05-2015, 05:28 AM
Dont you jinx us, North!!! :mad:

:behindsofa:

EastCoastBronco
01-05-2015, 08:18 AM
We contain "Lucky" and this one is a piece of cake.
That would mean that Ware needs to come back from vacation and Von needs to play under control.