PDA

View Full Version : Adam Gase on Brock Osweiler’s first TD: “It was a good call by Peyton”

Denver Native (Carol)
12-31-2014, 05:23 PM
Brock Osweiler’s touchdown pass to Virgil Green with about two minutes remaining in Denver’s victory over the Raiders on Sunday has been well-documented: Osweiler first finds Green for a 38-yard catch up the middle on third-and-10. Then, three plays later on third-and-1, hits him in the right corner of the end zone for a 1-yard touchdown.

It was the first score for both of them, and it had been in the works for months now, thanks to Peyton Manning.

On Monday, when asked about the touchdown, Osweiler told reporters that he was relieved it was finally behind him, while also admitting he had some help. The play was called by Manning.

But wait. It gets better.

rest - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2014/12/31/adam-gase-brock-osweilers-first-td-good-call-peyton/31824/

Denver Native (Carol)
12-31-2014, 05:27 PM
Oh, you should have seen Peyton. Like a proud papa on the sideline as his backup, Brock Osweiler, threw his first career touchdown pass, and his tight end, Virgil Green, snagged his first touchdown catch.

It was at the 1:58 mark in the fourth quarter, with the Broncos up by 26. On third-and-goal, Osweiler took the snap, ran right and found Green in the near corner of the end zone.

Magic, boys.

The camera first flashed to Green, pumping his arms in celebration before skipping to the sideline with the touchdown ball in hand.

Then it flashed to Peyton Manning, smiling coyly.

Then it flashed to Osweiler, high-fiving and head-butting anyone who walked in front of him.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/lunchspecial/ci_27228722/brock-osweiler-1st-career-td-pass-was-peyton-manning-kind-call-denver-broncos

Northman
12-31-2014, 05:58 PM
Thats my boy Oz.

BroncoWave
12-31-2014, 06:15 PM
That was awesome for him to finally get that monkey off his back. Hopefully that gives him extra confidence heading into this offseason and drives him to improve even more.

FanInAZ
12-31-2014, 06:56 PM
So does this mean that Payton will be our new QBC or OC when he does finally retire :confused:

HORSEPOWER 56
12-31-2014, 07:01 PM
So does this mean that Payton will be our new QBC or OC when he does finally retire :confused:

It's a great thought, but it would be a drastic pay cut for Manning. When he hangs them up the networks will be beating down his door to be an analyst and offering him 5+ mil a year to do it. Being an assistant coach is long hours and significantly less pay than a HC or a HOF analyst makes. If he does decide to go that route, it will be for the love of the game and definitely not the money.

dogfish
12-31-2014, 07:09 PM
It's a great thought, but it would be a drastic pay cut for Manning. When he hangs them up the networks will be beating down his door to be an analyst and offering him 5+ mil a year to do it. Being an assistant coach is long hours and significantly less pay than a HC or a HOF analyst makes. If he does decide to go that route, it will be for the love of the game and definitely not the money.

pey pey's gonna end up OWNING a team, not coaching one. . .

BroncoWave
12-31-2014, 07:11 PM
pey pey's gonna end up OWNING a team, not coaching one. . .

Yeah, his wife is already a member of the Memphis Grizzlies ownership group. Definitely would not shock me to see Peyton go that route as well.

DenBronx
12-31-2014, 07:21 PM
Sell the shares with the Grizzlies then Manning can team up with Elway and own part of the Broncos!

FanInAZ
12-31-2014, 07:29 PM
If you already have more money then you could ever spend in a life time, you might decide to take on projects that you like, even if you don't get paid for it. Of course I'm joking around by suggesting this, but does anyone really know what kind of off field interest that he already has? After all, Elway was starting/buying car dealerships while he was still playing.

OrangeHoof
12-31-2014, 08:24 PM
I think Manning will be like Brett Favre and doesn't turn into a media whore because he doesn't need the money. He put up with it while he was an NFL player but I am guessing he won't be a commentator on one of the networks.

aberdien
12-31-2014, 09:19 PM
I don't know what Montana is doing these days, but I suspect it's the same thing Manning will be doing.

Simple Jaded
01-01-2015, 01:10 AM
I am 100% convinced that Manning goes into broadcasting, he's a glory whore and every single network will be knocking on his door after he retires.

DenBronx
01-01-2015, 04:07 AM
Ill be suprised if he doesnt coach. He has a gift in that area. It would be a wasted talent...

pulse
01-01-2015, 10:19 AM
Ill be suprised if he doesnt coach. He has a gift in that area. It would be a wasted talent...

But how much will a team be willing to pay for his services? He's not going to be someone that will need work his way up the coaching ranks. He'll be a head coach almost immediately. That's right, he knows just as much about defense as offense. But you're total overkill paying him what he's going to be valued at unless you're hiring him to captain the ship. No way you pay a coordinator that kind of money. Then again, Manning has a family. I'm not entirely convinced he'd go the coaching route until his kids are much older. Really, all you can do is speculate, but I could see him being an owner and kind of stepping out of the limelight for a while.

Joel
01-02-2015, 03:02 PM
Manning LITERALLY doing Gases job for him now; I feel sorry for whichever sad sack team shells out the cash to anoint Gase their messiah: It'll work as well as McDumbass did for us, for the same reason.

As for PFMs "post-retirement career," he was born on the bayou just like me, so don't expect he'll trudge through Rocky Mountain snow 1000 miles from an ocean a SECOND longer than he's paid $20 mil/yr. He'll end up on the Jags or Texans coaching staff before he stays in Denver as a coordinator, if only because of Elway: Their chemistry works now because—although they played the same position at the same level—Elways CURRENT job is wholly different and separate; the deeper Manning (or anyone) gets into coaching, the more input he'll want on personnel for his schemes.

That's an impossible scenario, because guys don't get to be first ballot HoF championship-winning QBs by rolling over for ANYONE. Elway and Manning may agree on some or even most things, but can't possibly agree on EVERYTHING, and what would be minor bones of contention in most relationships would quickly become irreconcilable differences. And they're both smart enough to know that already. Too bad; Manning's the best OC we've had since Kubiak got his first HC job.

dogfish
01-02-2015, 03:25 PM

be prepared to be surprised. . . pulse is right, manning's not going to put in those kind of hours for what coaching pays. . . the guy's used to making twenty million a year, no chance he's going to work for three-to-five. . . i wouldn't be AS surpised if he went into broadcasting, but i really don't see that either. . . maybe until he can put together an ownership group. . . he's not going to be satisfied just owning a basketball team, though-- we all know the NFL is his real love. . .

Simple Jaded
01-04-2015, 05:28 AM
Poor Os, even his first TD pass turns into sort of an accomplishment for Peyton Manning.

Valar Morghulis
01-04-2015, 06:37 AM
be prepared to be surprised. . . pulse is right, manning's not going to put in those kind of hours for what coaching pays. . . the guy's used to making twenty million a year, no chance he's going to work for three-to-five. . . i wouldn't be AS surpised if he went into broadcasting, but i really don't see that either. . . maybe until he can put together an ownership group. . . he's not going to be satisfied just owning a basketball team, though-- we all know the NFL is his real love. . .

I could see him having a role in the college game - but nothing that stopps him from finding time for Buick and pizza ads