PDA

View Full Version : Broncos RB C.J. Anderson named AFC Offensive Player of the Week

Denver Native (Carol)
12-31-2014, 05:14 PM
Running back C.J. Anderson was named the AFC Offensive Player of the Week after his three-touchdown performance against the Raiders on Sunday, the Broncos announced.

The honor is the first conference award of Anderson’s career and the fourth of its kind for the Broncos this season; Julius Thomas (Week 1), Demaryius Thomas (Week 5) and Peyton Manning (Week 7) previously won the award.

In the Broncos’ 47-14 victory over the Raiders in their final game of the regular season, Anderson recorded 87 yards on 13 carries in addition to the three scores, and caught two passes for 20 yards.

rest - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2014/12/31/broncos-rb-c-j-anderson-named-afc-offensive-player-week/31814/

DenBronx
12-31-2014, 07:15 PM
Well deserved! He really stepped up.

Joel
01-02-2015, 05:47 PM
Well deserved! He really stepped up.
Truth. He's the only positive new development on a team whose playoff prospects otherwise depress the Hell out of me. Maybe our line will get its stuff together for more than just one or two games when they're all pissy because practically everyone who's ever wrong a Broncos uniform is publicly calling them a bunch of listless bums, in which case Mannings passing, Andersons running and a D that leads the league in three-and-outs SHOULD be unstoppable in the playoffs. I just wish I could shake the feeling Anderson, as Manning before him, is on his own throughout the playoffs.

I'd still bet on him over ANY of our other RBs though, and it's not even close. I like Thompson as understudy, but Anderson has more experience with the offense than anyone but Ball, and outplays all of them by a fair margin. He nearly hit 1000 yds despite only playing 15 games and only STARTING 7: Because he averaged 4.7/attempt, which is (or should be) more than enough to prevent defenses selling out on stopping our passing game. And when we can force defenses to address BOTH at the SAME time, an offense this talented backed by a defense this talented should be unstoppable: They can't be everywhere at once.

GEM
01-02-2015, 06:26 PM
Here we go again. Keep the depressing shit at bay, Joel, PLEASE! The Broncos just won their 4th AFCW championship in a row. They have home field advantage and we're damn near the top franchise of the last 50 ******* years...please don't come back here after a hiatus and bring us all down again. FFS if that is your entire point of coming back, please go back to being gone.

Ravage!!!
01-02-2015, 06:44 PM
Here we go again. Keep the depressing shit at bay, Joel, PLEASE! The Broncos just won their 4th AFCW championship in a row. They have home field advantage and we're damn near the top franchise of the last 50 ******* years...please don't come back here after a hiatus and bring us all down again. FFS if that is your entire point of coming back, please go back to being gone.

Don't be silly. Joel is just telling us how HE would have improved this team if he were hired. He knows... he read a book on it.

TXBRONC
01-02-2015, 07:01 PM
Don't be silly. Joel is just telling us how HE would have improved this team if he were hired. He knows... he read a book on it.

He also has 10,000 hours of playing Madden so he knows his shit.

Joel
01-02-2015, 07:31 PM
Since when do we have homefield advantage? The Pats clinched that when they won and we lost with a week left to play. And guess how many playoff games Manning OR Denver has won in Belicheat and Bradys house. It's the same number: 0. This team has dynasty-level talent for the second year running, but HS coaching; it may be good enough for whatever junior college intramural league Ravage wants to lord over me, but not good enough to win a SB. But yea, we won another division title and made the playoffs; if I were a Lions fan, I'd be thrilled. Pardon me for expecting more from Denver.

GEM
01-02-2015, 07:37 PM
Since when do we have homefield advantage? The Pats clinched that when they won and we lost with a week left to play. And guess how many playoff games Manning OR Denver has won in Belicheat and Bradys house. It's the same number: 0. This team has dynasty-level talent for the second year running, but HS coaching; it may be good enough for whatever junior college intramural league Ravage wants to lord over me, but not good enough to win a SB. But yea, we won another division title and made the playoffs; if I were a Lions fan, I'd be thrilled. Pardon me for expecting more from Denver.

Maybe you can find a team that lives up to your standards!!

Slick
01-02-2015, 07:41 PM
Joel says what a lot of us are thinking, but avoid saying. The truth can be painful.

Poet
01-02-2015, 07:48 PM
Joel embodies the sucky parts of being a fan without the good parts. It's like setting up a Christmas tree, never decorating it, watching it shed it's needles all over the floor, never putting presents underneath it, and then finally dragging it out to the garbage.

GEM
01-02-2015, 08:05 PM
Joel says what a lot of us are thinking, but avoid saying. The truth can be painful.

I guess we're just a bunch of spoiled brats then. Yes, I want to go to the Super Bowl and win it, but there's only 1 team that does that and we have a chance at doing so. Is there some issues that could stand in the way of that? Yea, but there are the same issues with every team still in it to win it. Out of 32 teams, there are 8 left with a chance. There are 4 that played well enough to have a bye week. Even less that have the chance to play a home game with their fans watching. I just don't understand how if you're a Denver Broncos fan you go into this feeling horrible. If I were a Raiders fan, I'd feel like upchuck shit. If I were a Jets fan, I'd light my football fandom on fire and put myself out of my misery. But God damn it, we're Denver ******* Broncos fans and year in and year out our team gives us meaningful football to watch damn near EVERY ******* JANUARY. We're ******* spoiled brats not to appreciate what the **** we have, because what we have is something special that damn near every other team doesn't get the pleasure of enduring year in and out for 60 years. A team that should have this pitiful outlook is the Arizona Cardinals, they finally put some good shit together and damn near every one of their QB's goes down. They should be posting depressing ass shit, but not us. FFS. The expectations are just damn near ridiculous.

GEM
01-02-2015, 08:11 PM

Don't come in celebrating if we win, you gave up that right with this excrement.

MOtorboat
01-03-2015, 03:33 AM
Truth. He's the only positive new development on a team whose playoff prospects otherwise depress the Hell out of me. Maybe our line will get its stuff together for more than just one or two games when they're all pissy because practically everyone who's ever wrong a Broncos uniform is publicly calling them a bunch of listless bums, in which case Mannings passing, Andersons running and a D that leads the league in three-and-outs SHOULD be unstoppable in the playoffs. I just wish I could shake the feeling Anderson, as Manning before him, is on his own throughout the playoffs.

I'd still bet on him over ANY of our other RBs though, and it's not even close. I like Thompson as understudy, but Anderson has more experience with the offense than anyone but Ball, and outplays all of them by a fair margin. He nearly hit 1000 yds despite only playing 15 games and only STARTING 7: Because he averaged 4.7/attempt, which is (or should be) more than enough to prevent defenses selling out on stopping our passing game. And when we can force defenses to address BOTH at the SAME time, an offense this talented backed by a defense this talented should be unstoppable: They can't be everywhere at once.

In a thread about the player of the week?

Ban. Seriously.

DenBronx
01-03-2015, 05:48 AM
I kind of like Joel around. Just to see the reactions from everyone. Lol

Slick
01-03-2015, 11:59 AM
I guess we're just a bunch of spoiled brats then. Yes, I want to go to the Super Bowl and win it, but there's only 1 team that does that and we have a chance at doing so. Is there some issues that could stand in the way of that? Yea, but there are the same issues with every team still in it to win it. Out of 32 teams, there are 8 left with a chance. There are 4 that played well enough to have a bye week. Even less that have the chance to play a home game with their fans watching. I just don't understand how if you're a Denver Broncos fan you go into this feeling horrible. If I were a Raiders fan, I'd feel like upchuck shit. If I were a Jets fan, I'd light my football fandom on fire and put myself out of my misery. But God damn it, we're Denver ******* Broncos fans and year in and year out our team gives us meaningful football to watch damn near EVERY ******* JANUARY. We're ******* spoiled brats not to appreciate what the **** we have, because what we have is something special that damn near every other team doesn't get the pleasure of enduring year in and out for 60 years. A team that should have this pitiful outlook is the Arizona Cardinals, they finally put some good shit together and damn near every one of their QB's goes down. They should be posting depressing ass shit, but not us. FFS. The expectations are just damn near ridiculous.

Posts like this are why I love you. Fiercely loyal and dedicated.

GEM
01-04-2015, 11:32 AM

Dont really care what you expect from Denver. Maybe the play from the online will be enough for you to turn your back on Denver just like Bud Adams was a good excuse to turn your back on the Oilers/Titans. Those of us that bleed for the same team through anything won't notice when you move on to another team again because this team doesn't live up to your exaggerated expectations. Are some of your views true, yes, but your delivery is where you lose agreement. ******* aye...do you get any enjoyment out of football? Or is it just there to pull out your Football for dummies book and rag on every point we don't do that meets your standards. Enjoy it dude, its a beautiful thing if you just take time to do so.

turftoad
01-04-2015, 11:46 AM
Dont really care what you expect from Denver. Maybe the play from the online will be enough for you to turn your back on Denver just like Bud Adams was a good excuse to turn your back on the Oilers/Titans. Those of us that bleed for the same team through anything won't notice when you move on to another team again because this team doesn't live up to your exaggerated expectations. Are some of your views true, yes, but your delivery is where you lose agreement. ******* aye...do you get any enjoyment out of football? Or is it just there to pull out your Football for dummies book and rag on every point we don't do that meets your standards. Enjoy it dude, its a beautiful thing if you just take time to do so.
I agree! As Broncos fans, we are a pretty lucky bunch. As some of us older guys like Joe, Broncos9798, myself, and others here can attest. It hasn't ALWAYS been that way.

GEM
01-04-2015, 11:53 AM
I agree! As Broncos fans, we are a pretty lucky bunch. As some of us older guys like Joe, Broncos9798, myself, and others here can attest. It hasn't ALWAYS been that way.

Nope, but worth it long term! Early years weren't always pretty, but some just Dont realize how truly hard it is to be high level competitive over the last few decades...DECADES! Amazeballs! I might not have been alive during the truly rough years and too young to love football during the early Elway years but even then we still always felt like we had a chance. A couple bad seasons under McDaniels does not a franchise make.

BroncoWave
01-04-2015, 01:08 PM

So because Joel has opinions that some of us don't like, he should leave? To be honest, I'm kinda surprised he does keep coming back the way people on here keep treating him like absolute garbage for no other reason than they don't like his opinions.

GEM
01-04-2015, 01:30 PM
So because Joel has opinions that some of us don't like, he should leave? To be honest, I'm kinda surprised he does keep coming back the way people on here keep treating him like absolute garbage for no other reason than they don't like his opinions.

The negativity just kills the buzz. Won't lie...it was pretty enjoyable in Broncos Talk with him not here.

BroncoWave
01-04-2015, 01:33 PM
The negativity just kills the buzz. Won't lie...it was pretty enjoyable in Broncos Talk with him not here.

It can still be just as enjoyable if people don't turn every thread into a "Joel sucks" thread. All the bickering over how negative Joel is is what kills Broncos talk.

GEM
01-04-2015, 01:34 PM
It can still be just as enjoyable if people don't turn every thread into a "Joel sucks" thread. All the bickering over how negative Joel is is what kills Broncos talk.

Same could be said about your going after Mo anywhere you can find to do it. :shrugs:

BroncoWave
01-04-2015, 01:36 PM
Same could be said about your going after Mo anywhere you can find to do it. :shrugs:

So that makes it ok to constantly go after Joel. Gotcha. Gonna remember that next time you send me a CYP for doing the exact same thing to Mo that you constantly do to Joel.

Joel
01-04-2015, 03:38 PM
Right: Because you'd sit at 5280 still bleeding silver and gold or whatever the L.A. Broncos changed their colors to if they moved there and rechristened themselves the Stallions or something. I didn't bail on the Oilers: Bud Adams killed them. Browns fans didn't just become Ravens fans when their team left, they demanded a NEW team of THEIR OWN just as Houston did, just like Baltimore did to create that situation instead of becoming Indy fans when their team moved. Again, be grateful Bowlen hasn't sent you down that road, but are you seriously trying to convince me you'd follow the Broncos to another state if he did?

Meanwhile, there's no beauty in arguably the most talented roster in NFL history struggling to even REACH a SB, let be the dynasty it should be: It's pathetic. Manning deserves better, but so did Champ.

Or MO doing it to me so much he keeps demanding you ban me. I may be abrasive, but not to the point of trolling half the site by name and telling Mods how to do their job.

GEM
01-04-2015, 03:42 PM
Your God damn right I'd stick with them. They are my team whether in Denver or not. That's what being a fan is, thick, thin, good, bad. Not a damn thing in the world would change that!

BroncoWave
01-04-2015, 03:45 PM
I wouldn't blame anyone that stopped being a fan of a team that, for all intents and purposes, stopped existing.

Joel
01-04-2015, 04:44 PM
I wouldn't blame anyone that stopped being a fan of a team that, for all intents and purposes, stopped existing.
Pretty much everyone that's ever happened to has; teams bailing on a city tends to create a lot of bad blood, and it usually builds up for a long time before the move actually occurred (e.g. Adams spent roughly a decade threatening to leave if Houston didn't bulldoze the Eighth Wonder of the World to give him more skyboxes when he NEVER sold out the stadium he already had.) It's really hard to imagine a native of a city sticking with a team whose owner basically says, "screw your town and everyone in it;" it amount to loving ones team more than ones home.

If she's one of the few, I'll concede she's a better man than I. Yet given all the folks who consistenly give me the "I don't care about ANYTHING that happens outside Colorado, let alone the US" every time I chime on potential NFL teams in Europe, I'd say she's one of VERY few.

I should also note Bud Adams didn't just move the team to another state, he repeated that "blow up the whole roster if they don't win the SB" thing he pulled with Bum and Earl, so the team that arrived in Tennessee had a completely different name, location AND personnel: They were strangers, so what did I owe them? I grew up watching Warren Moon, so I should cheer for Air McNair taking his job when Tennessee took my team? Why?!

Meh; Denver has a bye, so off to watch the team my dad raised me on; the owner's a douche who fired Landry and bulldozed Texas Stadium for a billion dollar shrine to his ego, but never took away the team.

Poet
01-04-2015, 04:46 PM
It's a tough situation, just look at how weird it would be for Browns fans to cheer for the Ravens. Even tougher when the Browns then got their team back.

But, more importantly...

You're an awful fan who doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Joel
01-04-2015, 04:56 PM
It's a tough situation, just look at how weird it would be for Browns fans to cheer for the Ravens. Even tougher when the Browns then got their team back.
Keep in mind your team only EXISTS because Modell kicked out his original and best coach; he couldn't even keep all of OHIO loyal after that, let alone all BROWNS fans.

But, more importantly...

You're an awful fan who doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt.
Uh huh. But if my team loses next week I won't spend the postgame on some other teams fan sites questioning the fanhood of any of their members

GEM
01-04-2015, 04:56 PM
Pretty much everyone that's ever happened to has; teams bailing on a city tends to create a lot of bad blood, and it usually builds up for a long time before the move actually occurred (e.g. Adams spent roughly a decade threatening to leave if Houston didn't bulldoze the Eighth Wonder of the World to give him more skyboxes when he NEVER sold out the stadium he already had.) It's really hard to imagine a native of a city sticking with a team whose owner basically says, "screw your town and everyone in it;" it amount to loving ones team more than ones home.

If she's one of the few, I'll concede she's a better man than I. Yet given all the folks who consistenly give me the "I don't care about ANYTHING that happens outside Colorado, let alone the US" every time I chime on potential NFL teams in Europe, I'd say she's one of VERY few.

I should also note Bud Adams didn't just move the team to another state, he repeated that "blow up the whole roster if they don't win the SB" thing he pulled with Bum and Earl, so the team that arrived in Tennessee had a completely different name, location AND personnel: They were strangers, so what did I owe them? I grew up watching Warren Moon, so I should cheer for Air McNair taking his job when Tennessee took my team? Why?!

Meh; Denver has a bye, so off to watch the team my dad raised me on; the owner's a douche who fired Landry and bulldozed Texas Stadium for a billion dollar shrine to his ego, but never took away the team.

Couldn't do it. Not sure if there is anything that would make me stop being a Broncos fan.

Poet
01-04-2015, 05:02 PM
Keep in mind your team only EXISTS because Modell kicked out his original and best coach; he couldn't even keep all of OHIO loyal after that, let alone all BROWNS fans.

Uh huh. But if my team loses next week I won't spend the postgame on some other teams fan sites questioning the fanhood of any of their members

I posted here for a long time and have a lot of friends here. It's a community that I enjoy. You can't guilt or shame me for that, especially since you're not actually a ******* fan of the Broncos. My team exists because Paul Brown is a ******* stud who moved to a better city with a better class of human beings. I don't truly celebrate any time a team moves because fans love their teams. Will, some of them do. You don't love much of anything in regards to football. So go ahead and try to blast me for spending time on a message board while I multi-task on the internet during a break in school. I'll blast you for being an intellectually dishonest fraud who gets abused post after post while simultaneously making people hate the fact that you exist as a poster. One day rules will be changed on the board that allow for the banning of posters who do the same negative spamming of threads over and over again. So many people gripe about you that's its funny. I just assume that you take delight in bringing other people down.

Joel
01-04-2015, 05:03 PM
Couldn't do it. Not sure if there is anything that would make me stop being a Broncos fan.
Well, I never stopped being an Oilers fan either: THEY stopped BEING. Different players, different city, different name, different colors: What remained of my team? The owner who kiled it?

Like I say, if you could stick around for that, good on you, but I don't have it in me. I don't love my team so LITTLE I'd cheer for its murderer.

Poet
01-04-2015, 05:03 PM
Great, you're an Oilers fan. Stop being a piece of shit like me and spending time on another team's message board.

Joel
01-04-2015, 05:38 PM
I posted here for a long time and have a lot of friends here. It's a community that I enjoy. You can't guilt or shame me for that, especially since you're not actually a ******* fan of the Broncos. My team exists because Paul Brown is a ******* stud who moved to a better city with a better class of human beings. I don't truly celebrate any time a team moves because fans love their teams. Will, some of them do. You don't love much of anything in regards to football. So go ahead and try to blast me for spending time on a message board while I multi-task on the internet during a break in school. I'll blast you for being an intellectually dishonest fraud who gets abused post after post while simultaneously making people hate the fact that you exist as a poster. One day rules will be changed on the board that allow for the banning of posters who do the same negative spamming of threads over and over again. So many people gripe about you that's its funny. I just assume that you take delight in bringing other people down.
I'm not guilting nor shaming you for POSTING anywhere, but if you want to play Loyalty Officer, comrade, one of YOUR teams sites would be a better place. You've been throwing around the dishonesty charge ever since you falsely called me a liar and persisted in it even after shown a quote disproving the charge: What's the technically term for KNOWINGLY stating a falsehood, counselor Those are factual acts, so fair game, but I won't speculate on character or motives because that would be 1) one of those "assumptions" you referenced and 2) a personal attack in violation of the CoC.

So keep pining for the day the rules are changed to forbid my behavior as completely as they ALREADY forbid yours.

Poet
01-04-2015, 05:46 PM
:lol::lol::lol:

Please, you're trying to play a ******* game that you've lost at repeatedly. By the way, you're a spammer and thread destroyer. I wonder if those violate the rules.

BroncoWave
01-04-2015, 05:51 PM
:lol::lol::lol:

Please, you're trying to play a ******* game that you've lost at repeatedly. By the way, you're a spammer and thread destroyer. I wonder if those violate the rules.

I'm sorry King, I just don't agree with this. His first post in this this thread, while wordy and negative, was perfectly on topic and discussing football. Then the next 10 posts were "Joel you suck" posts. To me, those people are the ones who are spamming and destroying the thread. Not the guy who made a single, on-topic post that wasn't personally attacking anyone.

Poet
01-04-2015, 05:55 PM
I was referring to his posting in totality. That should have been made clearer.

BroncoWave
01-04-2015, 05:57 PM
I was referring to his posting in totality. That should have been made clearer.

I still think that the "thread-destroying" that goes on in threads he posts in has 90% to do with the people who respond to him.

MOtorboat
01-04-2015, 05:59 PM
I still think that the "thread-destroying" that goes on in threads he posts in has 90% to do with the people who respond to him.

You're the authority on destroying threads so I guess we should probably listen to you.

Poet
01-04-2015, 06:05 PM

I think people respond to him and have for years out of frustration that ignoring does nothing because a quote is visible, he's always negative, often times wrong, fills threads with voluminous writing, and is always so hyper critical of the team while never being happy that he's not actually a fan. He causes a ******* misery index. You can find in so many different threads the frustrations that people have with him and his posts. The dude sucks and makes the place less fun while adding nothing.

BroncoWave
01-04-2015, 06:09 PM
I think people respond to him and have for years out of frustration that ignoring does nothing because a quote is visible, he's always negative, often times wrong, fills threads with voluminous writing, and is always so hyper critical of the team while never being happy that he's not actually a fan. He causes a ******* misery index. You can find in so many different threads the frustrations that people have with him and his posts. The dude sucks and makes the place less fun while adding nothing.

I just don't think being negative and making long posts are bannable offenses. Hell I skip over 90% of his posts and that's usually good enough for me, but when the next 10-15 posts are just people shitting on the guy, that's what kills Broncos talk.

GEM
01-04-2015, 06:10 PM
This has probably gone far enough off the rails.

How about that badass CJ Anderson!

EastCoastBronco
01-04-2015, 06:19 PM
Boom, boom, boom.
Even brighter than the moon, moon, moon...

Poet
01-04-2015, 06:22 PM
I just don't think being negative and making long posts are bannable offenses. Hell I skip over 90% of his posts and that's usually good enough for me, but when the next 10-15 posts are just people shitting on the guy, that's what kills Broncos talk.

No, but bringing up the offensive line in every thread/context possible with such consistency is spam.

Joel
01-04-2015, 06:49 PM
Wait, so it's my fault a half dozen people can't scroll past a SINGLE lenghty post with about posting a DOZEN complaints? When you said you're in school, did you mean nursery school? ;) You publicly and falsely called me a liar, couldn't prove it, saw me disprove it with a quote, yet have remained on my butt with the same false charge ever since—and you want to talk integrity and conduct?! :rolleyes:

Anyway, GEM said get back to CJ, so I will: He's had a fantastic year and is the single biggest encouragement I have going into the playoffs. He nearly hit 1000 yds despite never starting before halfway through the season, and a legit run threat will draw safeties into the box, LBs out of coverage and slow pass rushers by forcing them to look over their shoulder: All the things we couldn't do in the SB that make it much easier for Manning to set his feet and our Pro Bowl receivers to get open deep. Defenses must actually respect play-action now instead of mock it.

Davii
01-04-2015, 07:06 PM
CJ has been great, no doubt. Very happy to see his emergence. I think it also gives credit to the OL, they have been playing pretty well as of late.

Joel
01-04-2015, 08:00 PM
CJ has been great, no doubt. Very happy to see his emergence. I think it also gives credit to the OL, they have been playing pretty well as of late.
Nice try, but I'm emphatically told that last line's off topic, so I'll resist strong temptation to comment on it (see how hard that is, folks? :tongue:)

Slick
01-04-2015, 08:14 PM
The big test will be if CJ can run effectively out of Denver's passing formations. Better yet, can 5 offensive lineman provide him running lanes?

Telegraphing run and pass based on the formation isn't going to work against the good teams.
That and Denver's turnovers are my biggest concerns at the moment.

dogfish
01-04-2015, 08:23 PM
Voicing concerns about the o-line is out of bounds in this thread, Slick. Please try to stay on topic.

aaand just as slick WAS trying to get the effin' thread back on topic, way to throw another gigantic chunk of flamebait out there, defender of the people. . .

:rolleyes:

smile next time you try to blame somebody else for threads being off topic. . .

dogfish
01-04-2015, 08:23 PM

there we go. . .

Joel
01-04-2015, 08:27 PM
The big test will be if CJ can run effectively out of Denver's passing formations. Better yet, can 5 offensive lineman provide him running lanes?

Telegraphing run and pass based on the formation isn't going to work against the good teams.
That and Denver's turnovers are my biggest concerns at the moment.
You're KILLIN' me, man! :tongue: But, yeah, that's been my big worry ever since we suddenly and totally "found" our run game without needing to do anything more than exclusively dedicate 8 guys to it. Draws out of THAT are about as deceptive as play-action from an empty backfield. Virgil Greens recent catches help there: He doesn't automatically tip/doom the play by his mere PRESENCE.

BroncoWave
01-04-2015, 08:27 PM
aaand just as slick WAS trying to get the effin' thread back on topic, way to throw another gigantic chunk of flamebait out there, defender of the people. . .

:rolleyes:

smile next time you try to blame somebody else for threads being off topic. . .

Thank you for proving my point. :)

dogfish
01-04-2015, 08:29 PM
i was a little surprised that the bungals didn't stick with the run a little more today, but i guess it was tough given the way indy's offense was putting drives together. . . the colts' D was below average against the run this year-- there's definitly a weakness there that can be exploited. . . CJ is the kind of physical runner who has a chance to be successful against their front-- slick is right, hopefully we can be balanced and take advantage of that. . .

Joel
01-04-2015, 08:40 PM
i was a little surprised that the bungals didn't stick with the run a little more today, but i guess it was tough given the way indy's offense was putting drives together. . . the colts' D was below average against the run this year-- there's definitly a weakness there that can be exploited. . . CJ is the kind of physical runner who has a chance to be successful against their front-- slick is right, hopefully we can be balanced and take advantage of that. . .
Also a good point; my eyes and their stats say Indys D isn't really good against ANYTHING, but their passing stats are marginally better than their rushing stats (i.e. slightly above rather than below average.) Their D's never impressed me much (maybe Mannings Colt Ds are too firmly embedded in my brain) but CJ could well have a good day against them, especially if it stays close.

What's interesting (and unfortunate) is that the Swiss cheese Pats front seven KC ran all over started turning itself into a top ten run D just as we arrived, but their pass D's statistically in the toilet. Some of that's because so many teams had to abandon the run early against them, but Browner left his free pass for PEDs and cheap shots in Seattle, so it could be CJ carries us next week then Manning puts his NE demons to rest in the AFCCG. It'd be nice to answer "Bra-dy's bet-ter" with "No, he is-n't," but if CJ has a 200 yd 3 TD game in NE, that's fine, too; almost worked for Moreno. :)

GEM
01-04-2015, 09:05 PM
Voicing concerns about the o-line is out of bounds in this thread, Slick. Please try to stay on topic.

2nd request...no longer a request..back on topic.

BroncoWave
01-04-2015, 09:10 PM
CJ Anderson is very good. Much deserved honor.