PDA

View Full Version : Kicker Barth named AFC special teams player of the month

Denver Native (Carol)
12-31-2014, 04:42 PM
John Elway got his share of credit for signing free agents DeMarcus Ware, T.J. Ward, Emmanuel Sanders and Aqib Talib during the offseason, all of whom were named to the Pro Bowl except Sanders, who was arguably the most deserving as the receiver had 101 catches for 1,404 yards.

Underrated in general manager Elway’s roster transactions was his late-season signing of kicker Connor Barth. Simply put, the move changed a weakness into a strength. Barth was just named AFC special teams player of the month after he made 10 of 11 field goals in four December games.

“I’ve got to give credit to, obviously, my field goal protection team, and Britton (Colquitt) and (Aaron) Brewer do a great job of the snap and hold,” Barth said. “They make it easy on me. When I came in here, the first day we meshed because they do such a great job with getting the laces being out, Britton getting it down. So it just makes it easy on me. I couldn’t do it without the offense and defense playing their butts off during the games. The last thing you want to do is miss a kick after they’ve marched down the field, so I’m just trying to do my job and take it one kick at a time. It’s all worked out so far.”

rest - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2014/12/31/kicker-barth-named-afc-special-teams-player-month/31828/

JPPT1974
12-31-2014, 04:50 PM
Glad that we have him as a FG K! Congrats Connor!

Timmy!
12-31-2014, 04:52 PM
Barth Vader is solid.

BroncoWave
12-31-2014, 05:00 PM
Definitely a great move by Elway. I do have to wonder if Barth will be back next year though. I highly doubt we go back into next season with 3 kickers, so either we have to find a new punter who can kickoff, or a new kicker who can do both. It honestly wouldn't shock me if both of them were replaced. I'd still like to see them give McManus at least a shot to try to punt to see if he can still do it. If that worked out, we could keep Barth for FGs 50 and in, and McManus could punt, kickoff, and attempt long FGs in a pinch if needed.

MOtorboat
12-31-2014, 06:53 PM