PDA

View Full Version : Broncos prepare for the playoffs: Pros and Cons

Northman
12-28-2014, 08:04 PM
Pros:

1) We get a bye and at least one home game.
2) Defensively we are inconsistent but playing much stronger as of late.
3) The running game has been a big help in most of the games and will be important this time of the year.

Cons:

1) Manning hasnt been as sharp the last few games, inconsistent at best.
2) Overall we are 2-2 vs the teams that have made the playoffs this year, 0-2 vs playoff teams in the AFC.
3) Some of the playcalling is very predictable as well as confusing down near the goal line.

So, what do you think? What are you concerns? What do you think are the positives we can take into this year playoffs?

BroncoWave
12-28-2014, 08:06 PM
We are 1-2 against AFC playoff teams, we beat Indy.

As to your questions, I still don't see us as favorites to get out of the AFC. We played pretty well today, but Oakland is horrible. I think we'll get to the AFCCG because we are good at home, but I just don't see us winning in NE, especially if the weather is bad.

pulse
12-28-2014, 08:07 PM
I think the team that gets hot will win it all. Right now, that could be anyone, including us. A week off will certainly help get us healthy. The potential is still there for our offense to erupt at any time. Then again, if we grind out wins every game, so be it, as long as we keep winning. It's going to take our best game of the year to win in NE if it comes to that. But we've got to get there first.

Northman
12-28-2014, 08:08 PM
We are 1-2 against AFC playoff teams, we beat Indy.

Correct, forgot about that.

tripp
12-28-2014, 08:10 PM
Red Zone offense is my biggest concern. O-line was my bigger concern going into this game, felt a bit better after this game but I still feel uneasy against any team who has a good pass rush. We'll see.

aberdien
12-28-2014, 08:10 PM
We are better prepared to win the SB this year than last year, but the likelihood of getting to the SB this year is lesser than last year. That sums up my pros and cons.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-28-2014, 08:31 PM
Pros:
-We have a Championship caliber defense
-We have a HOF QB and excellent WRs
-We have a team who has been there before and has playoff experience
-We've found a running game that works and CJ is the team MVP of the 2nd half of the year - how awesome has this guy been for us?

Cons:
-We're so banged up right now that it's cancelling out most of our offensive firepower and defensive dominance. I don't know if there's another team in the playoffs, other than maybe AZ, who is as beat as we are physically. Hopefully we can get some guys a little healthier/rested in the next 2 weeks without allowing them to get too out of rhythm.
-Our STs are still suspect, especially the coverage units. If Bruton is going to miss some time, that's huge. At least Barth has come in and provided some reliability at FGs (inside of 50 yds).

Simple Jaded
12-28-2014, 10:21 PM
I'd like to add WR screens to your cons list.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
12-28-2014, 10:28 PM
I'd like to add WR screens to your cons list.

Put the dreaded fade routes on there too.

MasterShake
12-28-2014, 10:31 PM
I actually thought Manning looked pretty sharp today. He hit some good crossing routes and let CJ get the TDs when we got into (or near) the Red Zone. I am concerned about that goofy ass playcalling at inside the 10 with the 3 throws, though. The BYE week is going to be HUGE. Can't wait to see another playoff team at Mile High! Gotta treasure those while we can.

DenBronx
12-28-2014, 10:45 PM
Cons: We lose another superbowl and the jokes still on us. Ill retire from being a fan. Done. Noway I can bare watching another loss.

Nomad
12-29-2014, 12:46 AM
Cons: We lose another superbowl and the jokes still on us. Ill retire from being a fan. Done. Noway I can bare watching another loss.

Huh?!?!:lol:

MOtorboat
12-29-2014, 12:58 AM

Don't let the door hit ya...

Timmy!
12-29-2014, 01:03 AM
And the award for lamest statement of the month goes to.......

MOtorboat
12-29-2014, 01:04 AM

Good friend and a Chiefs fan to me last night at the bar:
Him: What the **** do you have to worry about? Coasting into the playoffs?
Me: Well, last week against Cincinnati...
Him: Yeah, I know you were worried about that, but come on.
Me: Um...
Him: I was talking to a high school friend last night and he was like, 'remember that time a few years ago when everything fell perfectly on the last day of the season and we made it into the playoffs?"
Me: Well, a lot of Broncos fans aren't hap...
Him: **** off, I don't want to hear it.

True story.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-29-2014, 02:02 AM
Him: I was talking to a high school friend last night and he was like, 'remember that time a few years ago when everything fell perfectly on the last day of the season and we made it into the playoffs?"

True story.

Yeah, we're pretty spoiled; third year in a row with a bye.

DenBronx
12-29-2014, 02:58 AM
If CJ goes down to injury then were screwed. Don't trust the other backs unless it's as a #2.

VonDoom
12-29-2014, 07:32 AM
Pros:
-We have a Championship caliber defense
-We have a HOF QB and excellent WRs
-We have a team who has been there before and has playoff experience
-We've found a running game that works and CJ is the team MVP of the 2nd half of the year - how awesome has this guy been for us?

Cons:
-We're so banged up right now that it's cancelling out most of our offensive firepower and defensive dominance. I don't know if there's another team in the playoffs, other than maybe AZ, who is as beat as we are physically. Hopefully we can get some guys a little healthier/rested in the next 2 weeks without allowing them to get too out of rhythm.
-Our STs are still suspect, especially the coverage units. If Bruton is going to miss some time, that's huge. At least Barth has come in and provided some reliability at FGs (inside of 50 yds).

I actually thought Manning looked pretty sharp today. He hit some good crossing routes and let CJ get the TDs when we got into (or near) the Red Zone. I am concerned about that goofy ass playcalling at inside the 10 with the 3 throws, though. The BYE week is going to be HUGE. Can't wait to see another playoff team at Mile High! Gotta treasure those while we can.

Lot of good answers here, but I like these the best. As North indicated, we're only 2-3 against playoff teams, and those two wins came in weeks one and five. That's still ammo for anyone who says we're "soft" or whatever.

Whoever comes here in the divisional round, we HAVE to win. We must protect this house. Then let the chips fall where they may. If we have to go to NE, then so be it. But I can't truly concern myself with that right now, since so much has to happen before then.

Nomad
12-29-2014, 08:43 AM
Lot of good answers here, but I like these the best. As North indicated, we're only 2-3 against playoff teams, and those two wins came in weeks one and five. That's still ammo for anyone who says we're "soft" or whatever.

Whoever comes here in the divisional round, we HAVE to win. We must protect this house. Then let the chips fall where they may. If we have to go to NE, then so be it. But I can't truly concern myself with that right now, since so much has to happen before then.

Really! You don't say.:lol:

Here's another Capt Obvious statement.....From here on out, it's all must win games.

Nomad
12-29-2014, 08:53 AM

True story.

Manning was brought in to win a Superbowl. There's nothing wrong with having the highest of expectations for the BRONCOS, and being disappointed if that goal isn't met. I don't see anyone running around pouting about the accomplishments of the BRONCOS. But, why make a statement, Im giving up on the team, if they don't win a Superbowl.

I bet your friend had the same expectations when Joe Montana was their QB.

Bronco9798
12-29-2014, 09:33 AM
Cons: Going to New England if it works out that way and it probably will. We won't win in New England. I can play the best and loyal fan role here, but really no reason too. New Englands not losing at home to us. They need an upset loss in that first game. Love my Broncos, but it doesn't look good from here.

Nomad
12-29-2014, 09:38 AM
It's not that Im such a loyal fan, but I feel really confident going into Foxboro.

Mike
12-29-2014, 09:47 AM

True story.

We ain't the Chiefs. We are the Broncos. Higher expectations, especially with the roster we have assembled. Sorry if you don't get that.

Pros:
Time off for some much needed rest
CJ Anderson...with an improved run blocking o-line
Playing at home for at least 1 game
Defense is playing well. Will feel better with Marshall back though.

Cons:
Still doesn't seem to be clicking together yet. Can't seem to get all 3 aspects working together at the same time.
Still telegraph plays, questionable playcalling
Still having problems with turnovers
Still questions about the toughness and clutchness of this team against good teams and on the road
Inuries to some important players

Bronco9798
12-29-2014, 09:51 AM
It's not that Im such a loyal fan, but I feel really confident going into Foxboro.

I'm glad you do. We have all been down that road. Patriots aren't losing to us/Peyton at home on a cold night in their place. It's easy to be confident two weeks out. I just can't go there right now. We have a broken identity right now. I don't think Peyton is all right with the way the offense has changed. People keep saying what's wrong. It's easy to see. He's not in a rhythm, he's not confident, he just looks out of sync since we changed our personality to this so called balanced attack. If we advance and just keep pounding the ball Peytons going to continue to be out of sync. Yeah we put 47 up yesterday but the Patriots aren't the Raiders either. Our offense was built to attack, attack, and attack. That's what we do. Now we pound, pound , pound, and pound the ball. And that's cool. People believe you have to do that to be successful and it's true with some teams. Just not this one with Peyton at QB. We need big leads and we need to make the opponent one dimensional. We aren't building leads with this new offense and playing the type of offense this team was built to do. A lot of people will disagree and say you have to run the ball in January to advance and we can. We just need to rely a little more on the passing game then what we are right now and pick our spots to run, instead if picking our spots to pass. We will see. I don't like what we have become, personally. I hope I'm wrong, I hope we win it all. Go Broncos!!!!!

VonDoom
12-29-2014, 09:55 AM
Really! You don't say.:lol:

Here's another Capt Obvious statement.....From here on out, it's all must win games.

My point is that a loss in NE is likely, despite whatever preseason aspirations we were looking at. Losing at home to a lesser team would be a brutal way to go out.

Nomad
12-29-2014, 10:18 AM
My point is that a loss in NE is likely, despite whatever preseason aspirations we were looking at. Losing at home to a lesser team would be a brutal way to go out.

So there is expectations or a better chance a 'lesser team' is to win at Foxboro? Or that seems to be the consensus around here. And the BRONCOS have no shot at all to win in Foxboro, but it'll be a travesty to lose to a 'lesser team' in Denver. I'm not following.

Slick
12-29-2014, 10:48 AM
Peyton Manning is 2-8 in New England.

Northman
12-29-2014, 10:54 AM
We ain't the Chiefs. We are the Broncos. Higher expectations, especially with the roster we have assembled. Sorry if you don't get that.

Pros:
Time off for some much needed rest
CJ Anderson...with an improved run blocking o-line
Playing at home for at least 1 game
Defense is playing well. Will feel better with Marshall back though.

Cons:
Still doesn't seem to be clicking together yet. Can't seem to get all 3 aspects working together at the same time.
Still telegraph plays, questionable playcalling
Still having problems with turnovers
Still questions about the toughness and clutchness of this team against good teams and on the road
Inuries to some important players

Great points all around.

Northman
12-29-2014, 10:56 AM

Wouldnt be any different than losing to Baltimore a couple of years ago, we've already been down that road so im not sure how anymore brutal you can get after we lost that game. For me, not winning it this year will just be a disappointment like the last couple of years when we failed to achieve our goal.

MOtorboat
12-29-2014, 11:03 AM
Peyton Manning is 2-8 in New England.

The entire league is 19-99 at Gillette Stadium. It sucks that Denver might have to win there to go to the Super Bowl.

Nomad
12-29-2014, 11:04 AM
Wouldnt be any different than losing to Baltimore a couple of years ago, we've already been down that road so im not sure how anymore brutal you can get after we lost that game. For me, not winning it this year will just be a disappointment like the last couple of years when we failed to achieve our goal.

Kinda my point, we can expect the Steelers or Ravens to win in New England, but not the BRONCOS. Then have the confidence the BRONCOS will beat the Ravens or Steelers in Denver. I say once Denver beats either the Steelers or Ravens, they have a damn good chance of beating the Patriots. This will be a tough road to the Superbowl, and once the BRONCOS get there, I have all the confidence they win.

Northman
12-29-2014, 11:08 AM
Kinda my point, we can expect the Steelers or Ravens to win in New England, but not the BRONCOS. Then have the confidence the BRONCOS will beat the Ravens or Steelers in Denver. I say once Denver beats either the Steelers or Ravens, they have a damn good chance of beating the Patriots. This will be a tough road to the Superbowl, and once the BRONCOS get there, I have all the confidence they win.

Well, if im correct i think we will play either Cincy or Indy first correct? The only way i think we face Pitt or Bmore is if they go to NE and win. At least i think thats how the scenario will play out.

Northman
12-29-2014, 11:10 AM
The entire league is 19-99 at Gillette Stadium. It sucks that Denver might have to win there to go to the Super Bowl.

Who said it sucks if they win there? I think people are only pointing out its going to be a very tall task to achieve given the history.

Nomad
12-29-2014, 11:11 AM
Well, if im correct i think we will play either Cincy or Indy first correct? The only way i think we face Pitt or Bmore is if they go to NE and win. At least i think thats how the scenario will play out.

I looked at a bracket that showed Balt or Pitt coming to Denver.
http://www.nflplayoffsbracket.com/2015/index.php

MOtorboat
12-29-2014, 11:13 AM
Who said it sucks if they win there? I think people are only pointing out its going to be a very tall task to achieve given the history.

I did. It sucks, because it's hard to do. It was worded poorly.

VonDoom
12-29-2014, 11:15 AM

If Pitt wins next week, we play them in the divisional round. If Baltimore wins, they play at NE, and we play the winner of Cincy/Indy. Nothing is easy in the playoffs, but I would choose the second option there every time.

BroncoJoe
12-29-2014, 11:20 AM
If the Steelers win, we get them. If the Ravens win, we'd get the winner of Cincy or Baltimore.

Nomad
12-29-2014, 11:22 AM
If Pitt wins next week, we play them in the divisional round. If Baltimore wins, they play at NE, and we play the winner of Cincy/Indy. Nothing is easy in the playoffs, but I would choose the second option there every time.

I see, don't go by the bracketing, go by the seeding. It's an every year process for me:lol:, one year I'll get it.

Unless, Ngata makes that big of a difference getting to Ben, I don't see the Steelers losing.

BroncoJoe
12-29-2014, 11:23 AM
I see, don't go by the bracketing, go by the seeding. It's an every year process for me:lol:, one year I'll get it.

Unless, Ngata makes that big of a difference getting to Ben, I don't see the Steelers losing.

I don't either, but if their RB doesn't play, that makes a BIG difference.

Nomad
12-29-2014, 11:25 AM
I don't either, but if their RB doesn't play, that makes a BIG difference.

What's up with their RB? His name is Bell, correct? Ben has been on a tear the second half of the year, and the Ravens will need to pressure him big time.

Northman
12-29-2014, 11:26 AM
What's up with their RB? His name is Bell, correct? Ben has been on a tear the second half of the year, and the Ravens will need to pressure him big time.

Hyper Extended knee last night.

VonDoom
12-29-2014, 11:27 AM

I'm not that impressed by Baltimore lately, but don't underestimate a rivalry game. Should be a fun one to watch either way.

Nomad
12-29-2014, 11:31 AM
I'm not that impressed by Baltimore lately, but don't underestimate a rivalry game. Should be a fun one to watch either way.

Yeah, Sat night can't come soon enough.

Ziggy
12-29-2014, 11:45 AM
I love the way this season played out. Denver's weaknesses were exposed during the regular season. If we want to get to the super bowl, the road goes through New England. Win there and this team is road playoff tested and ready to compete for a championship. Don't win there and it's not a concern. The defense is average despite a ton of talent. Tied for 16th in points allowed. (Forget the other meaningless stats like yards allowed).

It's the coaching on this team that will be our downfall. If we could swap coaches with New England I'd guarantee a superbowl win. The talent is there. The coaching isn't. I expect to cruise out of the first round and get thumped at New England. Seattle is not only the best team in the NFL going into the playoffs, they are the hottest team in the NFL. That's a bad combination for anyone playing them.

BroncoWave
12-29-2014, 12:01 PM
I love the way this season played out. Denver's weaknesses were exposed during the regular season. If we want to get to the super bowl, the road goes through New England. Win there and this team is road playoff tested and ready to compete for a championship. Don't win there and it's not a concern. The defense is average despite a ton of talent. Tied for 16th in points allowed. (Forget the other meaningless stats like yards allowed).

It's the coaching on this team that will be our downfall. If we could swap coaches with New England I'd guarantee a superbowl win. The talent is there. The coaching isn't. I expect to cruise out of the first round and get thumped at New England. Seattle is not only the best team in the NFL going into the playoffs, they are the hottest team in the NFL. That's a bad combination for anyone playing them.

Ziggy, I think being 16th in points allowed is a tad misleading. We have had quite a few games with big leads where we've given up late garbage points. Our defense is better than the 16th unit in the NFL.

Ziggy
12-29-2014, 01:14 PM
Ziggy, I think being 16th in points allowed is a tad misleading. We have had quite a few games with big leads where we've given up late garbage points. Our defense is better than the 16th unit in the NFL.

We haven't had nearly as many big leads as we did last season. We've also played quite a few weak offenses. 11 of our 16 games were against teams that finished in the bottom half of the league in scoring. Of the 5 top 15 offenses Denver played this season, here is the points against:
NE- 43
Mia- 36
Cin- 37
Indy- 24
Sea- 26

That's an average of 33 points/game given up to top 15 offenses. Pitiful. If anything, the 16th scoring defense is a generous guage of where the Broncos were this season. Notice that the Broncos also lost 3 of those 5 games.

OrangeHoof
12-29-2014, 01:51 PM
The New England loss came before the change in offense which has led to longer time of possession and better defense due to less defensive plays. That's why they changed after the STL loss - Peyton and the WRs couldn't be the whole show against good defenses.

The Patriots can be vulnerable to good rushing attacks and if the Broncos can establish the run, the defense will cheat up and that will be when Manning can spring the big play. That's the only way the Broncos can expect to win in Foxboro - dominate the LOS and let that open up the big plays in the passing game thus controlling the clock and keeping Brady from chewing up the defense.

underrated29
12-29-2014, 03:14 PM
Pros:
Gase has finally found his happy thoughts and the offense is beginning to fly!
Able to rest guys and get them a little healthier

Cons:
Oline straight sucks!
Manning is afraid of getting hit and throwing off back foot and tucking and whatnot. Playing badly.
Oline sucks. We should have brought in Incognito! Manram is terrible. Franklin is inconsistent. Richie should be our LG, vasquez at RG and franklin at RT.
Rex Ryan not wanting to be a DC only a HC.
We are beat up at LB and S.
We have no one on the team that can ignite the attitude. No one to get a 15 yard flag for putting the fear into someone. I want mean and nasty we still have none. No attitude.
Im afraid Del Rio is not going to blitz much and turn up the heat unless we have a big lead.

Valar Morghulis
12-29-2014, 03:15 PM
Do we really think the Pats are viewing a potential game against us as a gimme?

The pessimism on this board is so significant i honestly think people are just writing stuff to avoid "tempting fate" or "jinxing" things.

We talk about needing another team to upset the Pats in Foxboro for us - no other team in the playoffs have the talent on their roster that we do, while the Pats quite rightly should be favourites - we are more than capable of creating the upset. Screw sitting around hoping another team does our job for us - lets just concentrate on winning the divisional round and stop concerning ourselves with the outcome of games involving less talented teams.

#glasshalffull
#everoptimistic
#temptingfateisnotreal
#wordscannotjinxateam
#whatisaydoesnotinfluencetheoutcomeofsportingevent s

OB
12-29-2014, 03:20 PM
As long as we win I dont care how ugly it gets

Bronco9798
12-29-2014, 05:50 PM
Do we really think the Pats are viewing a potential game against us as a gimme?

The pessimism on this board is so significant i honestly think people are just writing stuff to avoid "tempting fate" or "jinxing" things.

We talk about needing another team to upset the Pats in Foxboro for us - no other team in the playoffs have the talent on their roster that we do, while the Pats quite rightly should be favourites - we are more than capable of creating the upset. Screw sitting around hoping another team does our job for us - lets just concentrate on winning the divisional round and stop concerning ourselves with the outcome of games involving less talented teams.

#glasshalffull
#everoptimistic
#temptingfateisnotreal
#wordscannotjinxateam
#whatisaydoesnotinfluencetheoutcomeofsportingevent s

That all sounds all nice and loyal and really cool. But, yes, we really do want somebody else to do the dirty work. We really do. Think about it.

Valar Morghulis
12-29-2014, 05:52 PM
That all sounds all nice and loyal and really cool. But, yes, we really do want somebody else to do the dirty work. We really do. Think about it.

Of course we want it I just don't think we need it

Bronco9798
12-29-2014, 05:56 PM
Of course we want it I just don't think we need it

Yeah, we'll need it. I'll take BB game plan at home on a cold New England night over most teams, including us, in this atmosphere. I don't give us a good shot to go in there and win. It's a really big stage, we need to be in our own back yard for this game, if we advance. A win would be huge and take a lot of pressure off of Peyton, and it would be awesome to watch. I just don't think we can do it.

Bronco9798
12-29-2014, 06:02 PM
We're trying to change what we do in main stream of the season. I still think Peyton isn't real comfortable with what we're doing. He doesn't look the same since we went to this run first offense. Should of started the season doing it, not changing through mid season. Just not a good feeling for me.

Valar Morghulis
12-29-2014, 06:15 PM
We're trying to change what we do in main stream of the season. I still think Peyton isn't real comfortable with what we're doing. He doesn't look the same since we went to this run first offense. Should of started the season doing it, not changing through mid season. Just not a good feeling for me.

I think they did try at the start of the season, they forced the run with Ball and it never worked, then Virgil green got injured and it seemed to mess us up more, then st Louis happened and went just went run crazy from then on.

My biggest worry is the ineptitude of our red zone offence - and I think this is because Peyton is out of rhythm when he gets there.

Our run game really only needs to be good enough to sell play action and help keep Peyton upright by giving the defence other things to think about

pulse
12-29-2014, 07:11 PM
New England is clearly the favorite to win the AFC now. They have homefield advantage. They have Bill Belichick. They have Tom Brady. They have Gronk and they're healthy on both sides of the ball. Most (http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/12089187/nfl-playoffs-afc-postseason-picture-likely-pit-new-england-patriots-denver-broncos) are assuming they won't lose again until they face the NFC Champion, if they lose at all. They have been called a dynasty organization for over a decade. Yet they haven't hoisted the Lombardi in over nine years. Clearly, all the pressure is on them now to deliver.

On the other hand, Denver, who was once favored heavily at the start of the 2014 season, has fell out of the limelight. The Broncos were the favorites to return to the Super Bowl. They were an improved defense with the same juggernaut offense. However, as many Bronco fans knew, this year would have the tougher schedule. To clinch the #1 seed, we really needed to beat New England on their turf. Of course, that did not happen. We lost to the Patriots and have looked very mediocre at times since. But the team did manage to secure a second seed. The Broncos are still loaded with talent. Our offense is full of weapons with PFM. It only needs to execute, block effectively and get in a groove to be its unstoppable self. And, clearly, our defense is much more talented than the one we took into last playoffs and the Super Bowl. Denver can stop the run, pressure the QB and cover receivers against anyone. If you could ever be in a great position to be declared underdogs, this is the postseason; and for good measure, Denver can easily play the role of David as it is essentially a sleeping Goliath. It only needs to wake up and be the team it is supposed to be and it should beat the hell out of anyone. This is a tougher team that has experienced and battled through a trying December. The loss against Cincinnati may very well be exactly what the doctor ordered. They need to stay angry and determined through this bye and get mean. Underdogs? Sure. But if they awaken the championship caliber team they were built to be this year, they'll whip the snot out of every team we play from here on out.

Denver is still the most terrifying team to match up against in the playoffs. That includes the most favored teams now in both conferences. The Broncos just need to play like they are capable and the playoffs will fall to their favor.

TXBRONC
12-29-2014, 09:07 PM
All I can say is I'm glad Denver gets a week off and it should help.

OrangeHoof
12-29-2014, 09:54 PM
As if to make matters even worse for Denver, the AFC Championship Game won't start until 6:40 PM ET, meaning that it will be getting colder and darker whether at Foxboro or Mile High.

Nomad
12-29-2014, 11:47 PM
Good thing the Patriots play on the Sat, the BRONCOS will know whether to throw the game or not, saving themselves a beat down at Foxboro, and they can look forward to the Pro Bowl.:lol:

jlarsiii
12-30-2014, 03:42 AM
Pros: If the team plays a complete game with a solid game plan there isn't a team in the playoffs in either conference that they couldn't beat no matter the location of the game.

Cons: We have all seen the weaknesses that could see this team get trounced in the playoffs. Poor o-line play, inconsistent play, turnovers, inability to cover opposing TEs, poor playcalling, conservative gameplan, etc. Fortunately this is true for all teams, and some of the playoff teams have much bigger warts then the Broncos.

EastCoastBronco
12-30-2014, 09:38 AM
Pros:
-Our running game is firing on all cylinders.
-HeManuel Sanders is firing on all cylinders.
-Darth Connor is money.
-Our defence is playing "mean", producing turnovers, and getting healthier by the day.

Cons:
-Our red zone offence smells like ass.... Remedy - Just give the damn ball to Anderson or Thompson inside the 20 and we'll score.
-Rahim Moore
-Demarcus Ware needs to start earning his paycheck again. He's been on vacation long enough.

P.S....
If I hear one more word about this new running attack being bad for Peyton's groove I'm going to snap.
The guy is a shoe-in hall of famer and holds damn near every record in the book for QB's.
Any QB in the league would be ecstatic to have the power running game that ours has evolved into.
Tom Lady and Aaron Rodgers don't seem to get "out of synch" after a "run heavy" drive.
They just step up and make the throws that they get paid to throw. Simple... Hell, Rodgers even threw one after his calf let go on him.
I'm so tired of people making excuses for our Pizza tossing QB.
He needs to man up and play like the hall of famer that he is...no matter what the scenario may be.
"Out of sync"...my ass.

Rant over...;-)

BroncoWave
12-30-2014, 09:44 AM
Pros:
-Our running game is firing on all cylinders.
-HeManuel Sanders is firing on all cylinders.
-Darth Connors is money.
-Our defence is playing "mean", producing turnovers, and getting healthier by the day.

Cons:
-Our red zone offence smells like ass.... Remedy - Just give the damn ball to Anderson or Thompson inside the 20 and we'll score.
-Rahim Moore
-Demarcus Ware needs to start earning his paycheck again. He's been on vacation long enough.

P.S....
If I hear one more word about this new running attack being bad for Peyton's groove I'm going to snap.
The guy is a shoe-in hall of famer and holds damn near every record in the book for QB's.
Any QB in the league would be ecstatic to have the power running game that ours has evolved into.
Tom Lady and Aaron Rodgers don't seem to get "out of synch" after a "run heavy" drive.
They just step up and make the throws that they get paid to throw. Simple... Hell, Rodgers even threw one after his calf let go on him.
I'm so tired of people making excuses for our Pizza tossing QB.
He needs to man up and play like the hall of famer that he is...no matter what the scenario may be.
"Out of sync"...my ass.

Rant over...;-)

You hit the nail on the head with this. The excuses people are making for Manning because the running game puts our passing game "out of sync" are a little comical. The running game is supposed to help the passing game. If a good running game hurts your passing game, you're doing it wrong.

Nomad
12-30-2014, 09:53 AM
It's the oline. :lol:

I was watching 4 or 5 games simultaneously on Sunday, and every QB I watched had to scramble or avoid the pressure/sack and make plays. So I guess every teams oline sucks.:lol:

Slick
12-30-2014, 10:11 AM

I was watching 4 or 5 games simultaneously on Sunday, and every QB I watched had to scramble or avoid the pressure/sack and make plays. So I guess every teams oline sucks.:lol:

Peyton simply can't do that. If the O line starts getting their asses handed to them at any point, Denver is toast. Look no further than the last two losses against Cincinatti and St Louis.

Nomad
12-30-2014, 10:17 AM
Peyton simply can't do that. If the O line starts getting their asses handed to them at any point, Denver is toast. Look no further than the last two losses against Cincinatti and St Louis.

I know. My point is show me an oline that continuously keeps their QB protected in the pocket, and the QB doesn't have to help themselves out and make plays. It doesn't happened, that's why it's easy to load the box on Manning and send the pressure wearing down the offensive line. I still think Manning would benefit from a true FB.

Slick
12-30-2014, 10:28 AM
I know. My point is show me an oline that continuously keeps their QB protected in the pocket, and the QB doesn't have to help themselves out and make plays. It doesn't happened, that's why it's easy to load the box on Manning and send the pressure wearing down the offensive line. I still think Manning would benefit from a true FB.

No argument from me on that, bud.

OB
12-30-2014, 10:39 AM
So how do we fix that - its playoff time and it scares me that we havent found a solution to what is one of our most obvious and glaring short comings :/

Slick
12-30-2014, 10:45 AM
So how do we fix that - its playoff time and it scares me that we havent found a solution to what is one of our most obvious and glaring short comings :/

You can't. It's not like it's a surprise that Manning is immobile. He's not going to change. The O line is going to have to have 3 good games if Denver expects to be hoisting a trophy this season.

Northman
12-30-2014, 10:58 AM
You can't. It's not like it's a surprise that Manning is immobile. He's not going to change. The O line is going to have to have 3 good games if Denver expects to be hoisting a trophy this season.

So no. lmao

OB
12-30-2014, 11:07 AM
Well if we make it I will NOT be throwing a party like I did last year - maybe that will help :D

Nomad
12-30-2014, 11:10 AM
Throw your party....BRONCOS gonna win this time.

Valar Morghulis
12-30-2014, 12:31 PM
Well if we make it I will NOT be throwing a party like I did last year - maybe that will help :D

#youractionsdonotaffectmajorsportingevents

MOtorboat
12-30-2014, 12:55 PM
#youractionsdonotaffectmajorsportingevents

The hell they don't.

:coffee:

Valar Morghulis
12-30-2014, 01:11 PM
The hell they don't.

:coffee:

I really wish I had the power to influence the events of the universe by the colour of socks I wear.

MOtorboat
12-30-2014, 01:24 PM
I really wish I had the power to influence the events of the universe by the colour of socks I wear.

You must be doing it wrong.

Spelling "color" that is.

Valar Morghulis
12-30-2014, 01:31 PM
You must be doing it wrong.

Spelling "color" that is.

lol, when i am on here, i do try to spell things your way, i almost always spell offence with an 's' - same with defence, but sometimes, i just forget and write the language the way that it was intended.

MOtorboat
12-30-2014, 01:35 PM
lol, when i am on here, i do try to spell things your way, i almost always spell offence with an 's' - same with defence, but sometimes, i just forget and write the language the way that it was intended.

I'm glad that you are trying to write correctly. We can break you of these ugly habits like extra Us and mispronounced Cs.

jhildebrand
12-30-2014, 03:47 PM
Denver will get a mini revenge tour. Look for us to play Cinci followed by Baltimore. You heard it here first :D

7DnBrnc53
12-30-2014, 04:11 PM
Denver will get a mini revenge tour. Look for us to play Cinci followed by Baltimore. You heard it here first :D

If Baltimore wins on Saturday night, we need to root like heck for the Colts to win Sunday. They would be an easier team to beat than Cincinnati. Denver would win in a runaway, and maybe get some stars some rest for whatever comes the next week (especially if it's Foxboro).

jhildebrand
12-30-2014, 05:05 PM
If Baltimore wins on Saturday night, we need to root like heck for the Colts to win Sunday. They would be an easier team to beat than Cincinnati. Denver would win in a runaway, and maybe get some stars some rest for whatever comes the next week (especially if it's Foxboro).

Luck is light year's ahead of Dalton. At some point that kid is going to really put it together. I would rather face Dalton and company. I think we would slaughter them.

7DnBrnc53
12-30-2014, 05:07 PM
Luck is light year's ahead of Dalton. At some point that kid is going to really put it together. I would rather face Dalton and company. I think we would slaughter them.

Yeah, but the Colts suck. They can't stop us. Cincy has a better chance at doing that than Indy does. I want a 40-burger if we play Indy.

jhildebrand
01-04-2015, 11:42 PM
Yeah, but the Colts suck. They can't stop us. Cincy has a better chance at doing that than Indy does. I want a 40-burger if we play Indy.

You got your wish. I don't think the Colts resemble anything close to suck. This may be a closer game than you think. I think Denver's D is going to have to come up big in this game.

Bronco9798
01-05-2015, 01:13 AM
You got your wish. I don't think the Colts resemble anything close to suck. This may be a closer game than you think. I think Denver's D is going to have to come up big in this game.

They won't have to come up big. They will be big. That's why this game won't be close at the end.

NightTerror218
01-06-2015, 06:33 PM
Indy scares the crap out of me. If their OL can hold Luck can shred our defense. He can drop it all and he co e from behind wins say it all.

Out offense is not scoring off the charts, I do not want to get in a shoot out. If Anderson can get 100 yards on ground I say this game is ours, if he is shut out I am worried.

GEM
01-06-2015, 06:40 PM

Problem with Luck is the same problem Manning had in Indy....Indy puts minimal big name players around him and hope that he's enough to do it all.

Joel
01-06-2015, 07:13 PM

You see the RBs scrambling to avoid multiple TFLs on the same play, too? How many of them WON like that? Dallas was getting blown out of their own colosseum before that highly touted rebuilt line started opening holes for the NFL Rushing Champ, but once Detroit's very good (and very dirty) had to honor that, Bryant, Williams and Witten started getting open deep and Romo started getting time to find them. We can't drop all the backfield hits on our RBs and resulting punts (not to mention injuries) on Manning, and he's not why we need 6 linemen and a blocking TE to run AT ALL.

HOWEVER, needing 6 linemen and a blocking TE to run DOES have a big effect on how many passes he completes, because it only leaves 3 eligible receivers; most secondaries and LB corps can cover that.

And people wonder why I rant about this all year: It's not like it's a surprise our line sucks either. But I'll give MO full credit for one dead on observation: Whether good, bad or indifferent, it's too late to do anything about our line this year. Wish someone had listened to my rants last offseason, but at least paying DeMarcus Ware THREE TIMES as much as Shaun Phillips got us the SAME NUMBER of sacks, and anyone who still prefers Moore to Mike Adams either missed most our games or most of Indys.

jhildebrand
01-06-2015, 11:43 PM
Indy scares the crap out of me. If their OL can hold Luck can shred our defense. He can drop it all and he co e from behind wins say it all.

Out offense is not scoring off the charts, I do not want to get in a shoot out. If Anderson can get 100 yards on ground I say this game is ours, if he is shut out I am worried.

Problem with Luck is the same problem Manning had in Indy....Indy puts minimal big name players around him and hope that he's enough to do it all.

Indy does one thing really well-they consistently run from a two TE set formation. If you watched their game against the Bengals rarely did Luck NOT have a clean pocket and even more rare that he would have to move around. DB's can only cover so long. Those two TE's, Fleener is more akin to Sharpe and like a WR, but they can catch the ball. Ware and Miller will have to get to Luck and get him on the ground.

Another problem with their two TE set is their run is much more effective.

The Broncos key to this game is long sustained drives on offense capped by TD's and when the D is on the field get to Luck. If the Broncos can take away TY they will do fine. Taking TY away means getting to Luck as I said earlier otherwise they will play schoolyard football and make some plays.

All that said, division games tend to be tight and mostly conservative affairs. This team needs to find a way to play loose and take care of their business.

jhildebrand
01-11-2015, 06:01 PM
Yeah, but the Colts suck.

Just letting this breathe a little

jhildebrand
01-11-2015, 07:23 PM
Fire Fox! Set Manning Free. Time to reassess and rebuild.

OrangeFanatic
01-11-2015, 07:49 PM
Fire Fox! Set Manning Free. Time to reassess and rebuild.

Wow, never thought we'd ever agree on anything...

Northman
01-11-2015, 07:52 PM
Cons:

1) Manning hasnt been as sharp the last few games, inconsistent at best.
3) Some of the playcalling is very predictable as well as confusing down near the goal line.

Well, 1 and 3 reared its ugly head today.

jhildebrand
01-11-2015, 07:52 PM
Yeah, but the Colts suck

Still think the Colts suck? :confused:

FIRE FOX!

VonDoom
01-11-2015, 08:33 PM
Still think the Colts suck? :confused:

FIRE FOX!

This game was about us, not them. Colts get mauled in NE

jhildebrand
01-11-2015, 10:23 PM

REMIND me how the Colts suck again? :confused: Enlighten me. PLEASE!

jhildebrand
01-11-2015, 10:25 PM
Well, 1 and 3 reared its ugly head today.

F Manning! Run the F-ing play called. You are not smarter than the staff. Run the play. Trust the OC. Your brother has 2 rings for a reason!

jhildebrand
01-11-2015, 10:27 PM
He audibled, all the time. Run the ball. Every pass was inaccurate. Yes. Thequick release was pretty. Rather see 3 yards and cloud of dust and another week than finesse.

OrangeFanatic
01-11-2015, 11:29 PM
He audibled, all the time. Run the ball. Every pass was inaccurate. Yes. Thequick release was pretty. Rather see 3 yards and cloud of dust and another week than finesse.

Manning is a loser in the post season, who cares what he audibles...

VonDoom
01-11-2015, 11:30 PM

Remind me again - what's your opinion on Manning? I don't think you've mentioned it enough in ten threads tonight.

pulse
01-11-2015, 11:31 PM

We got it 13513561365 posts ago this evening. You want to give it a rest now?

GEM
01-11-2015, 11:34 PM
Good grief! And I thought Joel was negative. :laugh:

Jsteve01
01-11-2015, 11:39 PM
There are several threads on this board that don't yet say manning sux. Please get to work guys. Tia

jhildebrand
01-11-2015, 11:53 PM

Still waiting for you to tell us why the COLTS suck?.... Please... enlighten us!

MOtorboat
01-11-2015, 11:54 PM
Still waiting for you to tell us why the COLTS suck?.... Please... enlighten us!

Third time is the charm, eh?

jhildebrand
01-11-2015, 11:55 PM

Well some would have us believe his "quick release" and audibles are next to Godliness and all this team needed top win a SB! Some, myslelf included, have said Manning needs to trust the game plan/Coaching Staff more.

Who was right? :confused:

MOtorboat
01-11-2015, 11:57 PM
Well some would have us believe his "quick release" and audibles are next to Godliness! Some, myslelf included, have said Manning needs to trust the game plan/Coaching Staff more.

Who was right? :confused:

So, Adam Gase was gonna lead this team to the promised land?

How about some proof of that? If you're gonna claim to be right about something, I wouldn't make it a hypothetical "right."

jhildebrand
01-11-2015, 11:59 PM
Third time is the charm, eh?

Well... being 7+ point favorites at home, being a record setting offense, being a team with a record you often cited, being a team with a bbye, no charm involved. This team needed a HC who could tell Manning what to do and when. Fox couldn't! #firefox is no longer a browser. This team could have 2 SB's with the right HC

MOtorboat
01-12-2015, 12:02 AM
Well... being 7+ point favorites at home, being a record setting offense, being a team with a record you often cited, being a team with a bbye, no charm involved. This team needed a HC who could tell Manning what to do and when. Fox couldn't! #firefox is no longer a browser. This team could have 2 SB's with the right HC

If only the Broncos had listened to you.

:fart:

NightTrainLayne
01-12-2015, 12:08 AM
Thread closed. Nothing to be gained in the pissing contest of whose crystal ball is better.