PDA

View Full Version : No. 2 Seed

MOtorboat
12-28-2014, 07:31 PM
No. 2 seed, fourth straight division title and a first round bye.

I'm gonna celebrate tonight. Hate away, haters.

:balloons:

Valar Morghulis
12-28-2014, 07:35 PM
MO - you seem like a rational man of reason.

Can you share your thoughts on our poor red zone offence in recent weeks - and also the amount of dropped catches by DT.

Your

A non hater

MOtorboat
12-28-2014, 07:38 PM
MO - you seem like a rational man of reason.

Can you share your thoughts on our poor red zone offence in recent weeks - and also the amount of dropped catches by DT.

Your

A non hater

Not here, I won't.

:celebrate:

ShaneFalco
12-28-2014, 07:39 PM

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/d9/73/68/d9736829f80f80f76648e30a9bc268a4.jpg

Valar Morghulis
OK tomorrow perhaps in another thread - once you are done celebrating!

Valar Morghulis
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/d9/73/68/d9736829f80f80f76648e30a9bc268a4.jpg

is that joe flacco

MOtorboat
12-28-2014, 07:42 PM
is that joe flacco

It's his brother James.

chazoe60
12-28-2014, 07:45 PM
Better than a stick in their eye. We're playing great defense, we can run, we can pass, and there's no reason why we can't win it all. It's kinda nice to be their team going into their POs that no one is talking about.

tripp
12-28-2014, 07:50 PM
The entire game was an absolute route. Although I still walk away unsatisfied because Peyton didn't throw a TD. The red zone plays are atrocious. I'm thinking of the red zone visit in the 4th quarter by Peyton, threw 1 to Sanders, 2 more to DT? What the hell are we doing? Why aren't we utilizing JT or Welker in those spots? I didn't see JT get thrown to once? Not that we needed to, but I thought it would've been good for him to get a little bit of action before going into the Bye week for motivational purposes.

Also we need to throw out the god damn bubble screen. We already gave them a TD due to one, and the Raiders saw it coming every time (the screen to DT in the Red zone 4th quarter). I can only pray to god that they'll come up with some new plays during their week off, or else we're going to be settling for FG's or hoping CJ can find the end zone. It's getting scary when we can't capitalize on those 1st and goals against the Raiders even. I know everyone will say settle down, we won 47-14, but it's not the point. Red zone is looking putrid.

DenBronx
12-28-2014, 07:56 PM
I too would like to know why Welker and JT aren't being used.

BroncoWave
12-28-2014, 07:57 PM
Glad to get the 2 seed, still think we have just about no chance to win in NE and will need someone to do our dirty work for us, but I guess we'll see. That's why they play the games. Go Broncos!

BroncoWave
12-28-2014, 07:58 PM

Because JT is hurt and Welker is old and slow?

Nomad
12-28-2014, 08:01 PM
Enjoying! Looking forward to the win in the warmup game in the divisional, then the win at Foxboro, and then the win in Glendale!

pulse
12-28-2014, 08:02 PM
Glad to get the 2 seed, still think we have just about no chance to win in NE and will need someone to do our dirty work for us, but I guess we'll see. That's why they play the games. Go Broncos!

I think we can beat NE in NE with the style of football we've been playing; however, the Ravens have been a big thorn in NE's side over the years. I wouldn't exactly rule out a Baltimore upset.

I Eat Staples
12-28-2014, 08:17 PM
It's a good season no doubt, but with what I believe to be the most talented roster in the NFL it's a little disappointing to settle for anything less than the top seed and a Superbowl.

At least the important part is still on the table, but as Wave said I think we'll need someone else to beat NE for that to be possible.

VonDoom
12-28-2014, 08:20 PM
We had one of the hardest schedules in the league and we went 12-4, won our division again and have a bye. We said at the beginning of the year that we would probably be a better team this year than last, but our record wouldn't show it. That's what we have here. If it comes to a game at Foxboro, yes, I expect that to be a monumental task. But the idea that we can't enjoy what we have is ridiculous. I look forward to seeing my team in the playoffs ... again.

BroncoWave
12-28-2014, 08:44 PM
But the idea that we can't enjoy what we have is ridiculous. I look forward to seeing my team in the playoffs ... again.

Who said we can't enjoy what we have? I think you are putting words in people's mouths. I am looking forward to seeing us in the playoffs as well. The playoffs are always exciting. I just have tempered expectations. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy watching the team play.

Simple Jaded
12-28-2014, 08:45 PM
Pound It, Launch It and bring the Funk. And while you're at it, put some stank on it!

tubby
12-28-2014, 08:48 PM
No. 2 seed, fourth straight division title and a first round bye.

:balloons:
Word

DenBronx
12-28-2014, 09:18 PM
Like what I seen out of CJ down the stretch.

Side note: Chris Harris gave up zero TDs this year.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
12-28-2014, 10:30 PM
Winning is fun.

Winning the SB would be more fun. Cautiously optimistic heading into the playoffs.

DenBronx
12-28-2014, 10:33 PM

Because JT is hurt and Welker is old and slow?

JT was playing last week. Is he still hurt bad enough to not be utilized?

Denver Native (Carol)
12-28-2014, 10:33 PM
The Broncos will play their second-round divisional playoff game at 2:40 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 11 at Sports Authority Field at Mile High. Their opponent will either be Indianapolis, Cincinnati or Pittsburgh.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_27220149/briefs-adam-gase-jack-del-rio-could-be

Edmonton Bronco Fan
12-28-2014, 10:35 PM
JT was playing last week. Is he still hurt bad enough to not be utilized?

Going by the number of snaps he's on the field and the way in which the coaches are using him, it suggests that he is not quite 100%.

VonDoom
12-28-2014, 10:37 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_27220149/briefs-adam-gase-jack-del-rio-could-be

Interesting. I assumed we'd get the Saturday game. That will be the last game of the round. Ugh, the waiting

DenBronx
12-28-2014, 11:32 PM
Yeah...Jan 11th. :(

Bronco9798
12-29-2014, 09:35 AM
Enjoy your celebration, Mo!

Northman
12-29-2014, 11:01 AM
Lmao

VonDoom
12-29-2014, 01:57 PM
Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 5m5 minutes ago

DEN was the only team in the NFL's top half in total off. (4th), rushing (15th), passing (4th), total D (3rd), rush D (2nd) & pass D (9th).

OB
12-29-2014, 04:28 PM
I like being the "underdog" - last year everyone expected us to walk through the playoffs and walk home with the trophy - this year many dont see us getting past New England - and I am OK with that - I would rather shock the world

BroncoWave
12-29-2014, 04:30 PM
I like being the "underdog" - last year everyone expected us to walk through the playoffs and walk home with the trophy - this year many dont see us getting past New England - and I am OK with that - I would rather shock the world

Or, ya know, maybe we'll just be the underdog then lose in New England like everyone said we would. :lol:

Personally, I'd rather be the 1 seed and the favorite, as it means you have a better chance of going far.

VonDoom
12-29-2014, 04:31 PM

This is basically where my mind is right now. There are a lot of expectations that come with being the number one seed. People expect us to lose to NE (if we get there) so I think it takes some pressure off of us.

OB
12-29-2014, 04:31 PM
Or, ya know, maybe we'll just be the underdog then lose in New England like everyone said we would. :lol:

Personally, I'd rather be the 1 seed and the favorite, as it means you have a better chance of going far.

B-dub - ever the optimist :lol:

VonDoom
12-29-2014, 04:32 PM

I get that, but that's not how it turned out this year. People seem to have written us off for whatever reason, so we'll see if we can make them regret that.

Northman
12-29-2014, 04:32 PM
Im just waiting and seeing. One game at a time.

BroncoWave
12-29-2014, 04:35 PM
This is basically where my mind is right now. There are a lot of expectations that come with being the number one seed. People expect us to lose to NE (if we get there) so I think it takes some pressure off of us.

IMO, if a team lets the expectations of the #1 seed get to them and play worse because of it, they are probably mentally weak to the point that being the underdog wouldn't really make much of a difference.

We handled those expectations just fine last season, so I don't think that is an issue for this team. Yeah we lost the big one, but it was against another top seed that was just a bad matchup for us.

Northman
12-29-2014, 04:37 PM
Heard a little of the Colin Cowherd show today. He predicted that the Ravens would beat the Steelers and the Colts would beat the Broncos and that the SB would come down to Seattle and New England with NE edging it out.

BroncoWave
12-29-2014, 04:44 PM
LOL there is no way the Colts come into Denver and win. I like Colin, but he is on crack with that one. The Colts are paper tigers. They fold against pretty much every good team they play.

Valar Morghulis
12-29-2014, 04:45 PM
The Colts are paper tigers.

Lol

bcbronc
12-29-2014, 05:32 PM
I don't think Peyton has historically fared well coming off first-round byes, so maybe celebrating is a little premature, lol. I don't want it to be vs IND, the potential poetry scares me. If I could hand pick our divisional opponent, it would be PIT...I think that's by far our best match up.

BroncoJoe
12-29-2014, 05:46 PM

Wait - aren't you the one who schooled us with stats on how the #1 seed rarely wins the Superbowl?

I'm confused.

Bronco9798
12-29-2014, 05:47 PM
LOL there is no way the Colts come into Denver and win. I like Colin, but he is on crack with that one. The Colts are paper tigers. They fold against pretty much every good team they play.

I agree, Colts won't win in Denver. My own opinion, the Broncos won't win in New England.

VonDoom
12-29-2014, 07:26 PM
I don't think Peyton has historically fared well coming off first-round byes, so maybe celebrating is a little premature, lol. I don't want it to be vs IND, the potential poetry scares me. If I could hand pick our divisional opponent, it would be PIT...I think that's by far our best match up.

That's crazy talk. I'd take any of the other three teams before the Steelers

TXBRONC
12-30-2014, 02:48 PM
That's crazy talk. I'd take any of the other three teams before the Steelers

Any team coming into Denver will be tough to beat but I think Denver can handle any of them.

BroncoWave
12-30-2014, 03:18 PM
Wait - aren't you the one who schooled us with stats on how the #1 seed rarely wins the Superbowl?

I'm confused.

Correct. But for this particular team that has sucked on the road as of late, especially at the Pats, I'd rather have the 1 seed.

underrated29
12-30-2014, 03:18 PM
We will handle all of them, but the two teams I would not want to face is the colts and the ravens. (obviously, I dont want to face NE either).....Not becuase I think we would lose but because I hate them so much Id rather they just dont win any games. I like watching them lose.

Ravens have a serious front 7 that can blow us up. If you think our OL sucks now, wait until we face them. Ouch! Luckily their pass D blows so we should be able to beat them over the top but not on 7 step drops. It will be all sideline and post routes to beat them.

Colts, luck can burn us with his legs. I do not want to face him. I do not not not not not want to face him. He can keep things close.

Im not worried about pitts nor am I about cincy. I believe with Gase bringing our offense back to where it should be that we can beat them. We just need the defense to get their Shit together. That is the paper tiger.

RunYouOver
12-30-2014, 03:27 PM
We will handle all of them, but the two teams I would not want to face is the colts and the ravens. (obviously, I dont want to face NE either).....Not becuase I think we would lose but because I hate them so much Id rather they just dont win any games. I like watching them lose.

Ravens have a serious front 7 that can blow us up. If you think our OL sucks now, wait until we face them. Ouch! Luckily their pass D blows so we should be able to beat them over the top but not on 7 step drops. It will be all sideline and post routes to beat them.

Colts, luck can burn us with his legs. I do not want to face him. I do not not not not not want to face him. He can keep things close.

Im not worried about pitts nor am I about cincy. I believe with Gase bringing our offense back to where it should be that we can beat them. We just need the defense to get their Shit together. That is the paper tiger.

Yeah, I personally think we're fine for the divisional round. All of our potential opponents have glaring weaknesses that we can take advantage of. We do too, but not to the extent that those teams do. Joe Flacco isn't playing for a billion dollar contract anymore, and I don't see him repeating his playoff performance of a few years ago. The Ravens are good, but not great, and not particularly "hot" as of late, either. The Steelers may be without Bell, which makes them a significantly worse team. We can run all over the Colts, and while they beat us at their home, I'm not particularly worried about Cincy in the event of a rematch.

The only team I'm worried about in the AFC is the team we'll need to get lucky against on the road, and that's New England.

7DnBrnc53
12-30-2014, 04:04 PM
The only team I'm worried about in the AFC is the team we'll need to get lucky against on the road, and that's New England.

With the Pats, my worries are more with the weather in Foxboro and our coaches than the players. They aren't a better team than Denver on paper. And, they have lost three home playoff games in the last five seasons. They aren't invincible there. I also think that they peaked too soon.

RunYouOver
12-30-2014, 04:20 PM
With the Pats, my worries are more with the weather in Foxboro and our coaches than the players. They aren't a better team than Denver on paper. And, they have lost three home playoff games in the last five seasons. They aren't invincible there. I also think that they peaked too soon.

And that's why I'm cautiously optimistic. They aren't unbeatable at home (though much tougher there than if we got them in Denver, obviously), they aren't better than us on paper (though they have a strong D, an improving run game and Gronk is Gronk) and like us, they've looked bad against teams you would have expected them to crush.

The thing about the Pats though, you know they'll be as prepared as they need to be to win the game, and after all these years, I'd still take Belichick over just about anyone else coaching a team. It takes a pretty flawless execution of the gameplan to beat them, but I think if both teams are playing their best, we're still better. I just think if we're looking at who's more likely to play a perfect game, it's New England.

Oh yeah, and the weather. There's almost no way the temperature is higher than 25 degrees at kickoff, so we have that to deal with too. I really do think we're better than the Pats, I just think we're going to need to get a little lucky to beat them on the road in the playoffs.

Northman
12-30-2014, 04:31 PM
The Pats arent unbeatable at home but Denver is notoriously bad playing there. Denver would have to play a near perfect game to win at Foxboro. I would say i hope either Pitt or Bmore beats them which then would give us homefield. But the last time i wished that Pitt went on to beat Indy and then came to Denver and beat us on their way to the SB. If this Bronco team wants to really win the SB they will have to prove themselves just like the 98' Broncos did. Its not likely because i just dont have that kind of faith in this squad to achieve that but luckily the onus is on them.

RunYouOver
12-30-2014, 04:36 PM
The Pats arent unbeatable at home but Denver is notoriously bad playing there. Denver would have to play a near perfect game to win at Foxboro. I would say i hope either Pitt or Bmore beats them which then would give us homefield. But the last time i wished that Pitt went on to beat Indy and then came to Denver and beat us on their way to the SB. If this Bronco team wants to really win the SB they will have to prove themselves just like the 98' Broncos did. Its not likely because i just dont have that kind of faith in this squad to achieve that but luckily the onus is on them.

Well...if Pittsburgh beats New England, that means they also will have beaten us. So I'll only root for that scenario if they already knock us out of the playoffs ;)

Northman
12-30-2014, 04:50 PM
Well...if Pittsburgh beats New England, that means they also will have beaten us. So I'll only root for that scenario if they already knock us out of the playoffs ;)

I should of clarified, either Pitt or Bmore beating NE. I dont know how it plays out if Pitt wins against Bmore, etc.

BroncoWave
12-30-2014, 04:54 PM
I should of clarified, either Pitt or Bmore beating NE. I dont know how it plays out if Pitt wins against Bmore, etc.

New England can't play Pitt in the next round.

Simple Jaded
12-30-2014, 04:55 PM
The Patriots are nearly unbeatable at home and it's not just a function of how well they play. Their division is routinely garbage and they annually benefit from favorable scheduling perks, not to mention the criminally inconsistent NFL officiating.

Northman
12-30-2014, 04:57 PM
New England can't play Pitt in the next round.

Which is why i said im not sure how it unfolds. I was pretty much being hypothetical (insert whatever team) in my comments.

DenBronx
12-30-2014, 04:59 PM

I think Pitt is a better matchup for us between them and Balt. Out of Indy and Cincy I think we beat both of those teams at home.

NE most likely would destroy Indy again but Balt and Cincy would stand a better chance against them with their defenses.

Hoping for a Balt and Colts win this weekend. We would play the Colts and NE plays Balt.

RunYouOver
12-30-2014, 05:04 PM
I think Pitt is a better matchup for us between them and Balt. Out of Indy and Cincy I think we beat both of those teams at home.

NE most likely would destroy Indy again but Balt and Cincy would stand a better chance against them with their defenses.

Hoping for a Balt and Colts win this weekend. We would play the Colts and NE plays Balt.

I think Pittsburgh and Baltimore are the two tougher matchups for the Patriots, but ultimately I don't think either of them can beat New England. Only we can beat the Pats...so with that in mind, I'm rooting for the Ravens and Colts as well.

7DnBrnc53
12-30-2014, 05:08 PM
I think Pittsburgh and Baltimore are the two tougher matchups for the Patriots, but ultimately I don't think either of them can beat New England. Only we can beat the Pats...so with that in mind, I'm rooting for the Ravens and Colts as well.

I think that Baltimore can because of their front seven, but Flacco needs to have a solid day. If he sucks, they don't. As for Pittsburgh, their defense sucks, and Bell is out for the first round (although they did bring in Ben Tate).

GEM
12-30-2014, 07:41 PM

RYO, nice to see you! :D

BroncoWave
12-30-2014, 07:43 PM
The Patriots are nearly unbeatable at home and it's not just a function of how well they play. Their division is routinely garbage and they annually benefit from favorable scheduling perks, not to mention the criminally inconsistent NFL officiating.

Favorable scheduling perks? LOL, no they don't. They get scheduled under the same formula everyone else does.

7DnBrnc53
12-31-2014, 01:20 AM
Favorable scheduling perks? LOL, no they don't. They get scheduled under the same formula everyone else does.

Look at this:

http://www.milehighreport.com/2014/12/29/7460995/broncos-2015-schedule-strength-of-schedule

While Denver will have the ninth toughest schedule, the Pats will have the 12th easiest.

The Pats have a favorable scheduling perk every year: They play in the AFC Least, where another team is changing coaches (and probably QB's as well).

Since 2000 (when Belichick came to NE), the three other teams (not counting the 00 and 01 Colts) in the AFC East have had 19 different head coaches, and have had about 40 different guys start a game for them at QB.

DenBronx
12-31-2014, 04:53 AM
I think its a joke the AFCE couldnt put together competitive teams this whole time. Brady has had his way with them basically his whole career.

BroncoWave
12-31-2014, 07:19 AM
Look at this:

http://www.milehighreport.com/2014/12/29/7460995/broncos-2015-schedule-strength-of-schedule

While Denver will have the ninth toughest schedule, the Pats will have the 12th easiest.

The Pats have a favorable scheduling perk every year: They play in the AFC Least, where another team is changing coaches (and probably QB's as well).

Since 2000 (when Belichick came to NE), the three other teams (not counting the 00 and 01 Colts) in the AFC East have had 19 different head coaches, and have had about 40 different guys start a game for them at QB.

That's not a "favorable scheduling perk". That's just the luck of the draw with how teams in their division have panned out. The post I was quoting seemed to insinuate that the NFL is giving the Pats favorable scheduling perks, which just simply isn't true.

Northman
12-31-2014, 08:33 AM
With so much parity in the league defining "easy" schedules just isnt that easy anymore.

Northman
12-31-2014, 08:41 AM
I will also say the notion that the AFC East is a cakewalk is a bit disingenuous as well.

In the games against division opponents Denver outscored them 198-95.

In the games vs the AFC East Denver only outscored them 115-113 (includes loss to NE).

So basically one could argue that our division and schedule has been a bit easier than NE's.

RunYouOver
12-31-2014, 12:35 PM
Over the past decade or so, the AFC East has been a joke outside of the Pats. Occasionally you'd get a good Jets team or Dolphins team for a season or two, but that's it. This year was different though, I think the AFC East was actually better than the West.

Still, that's not a "favorable scheduling perk," as BroncoWave said, that's just kind of the luck of the draw.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-31-2014, 01:12 PM
Would've been much different had they left the Colts in the AFC east and instead moved the Dolphins to the AFC south when they did the redistribution of divisions. It would've been a decade of Manning vs Brady twice a year not including the playoffs.

7DnBrnc53
12-31-2014, 10:42 PM
Would've been much different had they left the Colts in the AFC east and instead moved the Dolphins to the AFC south when they did the redistribution of divisions. It would've been a decade of Manning vs Brady twice a year not including the playoffs.

They were also thinking about putting the Bills in the AFC North and the Ravens in the AFC East 12 years ago:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/10-things-you-may-not-know-about-the-Bills-Dolphins-rivalry/cb743f03-cbad-4559-ace9-24b02927e96d

If they had, NE would have had a more legitimate rival in their division.

Simple Jaded
01-01-2015, 12:31 AM
The favorable scheduling perks are bye weeks in the middle of season, the last season it wasn't was 2010 or something (lost first round of the PO's that year), few if any Thursday games, few (if any, this season was an exception) long road trips.

Patriots gets Manning in NE year after year, luck of the draw, so be it.

Simple Jaded
01-01-2015, 12:34 AM

You betcha.