PDA

View Full Version : Denver Broncos playoff picture needs Julius Thomas

Denver Native (Carol)
12-25-2014, 10:50 PM
Inside the hallway leading to the Broncos' locker room, pictures line the wall. On the right side, across from a meeting room, is a picture of tight end Julius Thomas breaking down the sideline against the Oakland Raiders.

Thomas could live forever in that snapshot, a play that illustrated his dominance during the first half of the season. Then came the St. Louis game Nov. 16. Everything has been different since.

On a harmless running play, tailback C.J. Anderson was tackled and rolled up on Thomas' left ankle. What looked like an annoying interruption became a straight pull of the emergency break on a potentially record-setting season.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_27207608/denver-broncos-playoff-picture-needs-julius-thomas

Simple Jaded
12-25-2014, 11:34 PM
Like kittens in cashmere and down pillows

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-25-2014, 11:36 PM
I've been wondering what would have happened in that game if we sat Julius and played Virgil.

Bronco9798
12-26-2014, 01:25 PM
I've been wondering what would have happened in that game if we sat Julius and played Virgil.

Same result probably. Rams played tough physical game on both sides of the ball that we weren't ready for. It was obvious from the start. Just my opinion.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-26-2014, 01:27 PM
Same result probably. Rams played tough physical game on both sides of the ball that we weren't ready for. It was obvious from the start. Just my opinion.

You might be right, but I saw Thomas miss a couple crucial blocks in pass pro that got us in trouble, one resulted in an INT, and another in a sack. I'm persuaded that Virgil would have at least got a hand on somebody, or diagnosed the blitz. I'm honestly not sure what Thomas was thinking on either play.

Bronco9798
12-26-2014, 01:29 PM
You might be right, but I saw Thomas miss a couple crucial blocks in pass pro that got us in trouble, one resulted in an INT, and another in a sack. I'm persuaded that Virgil would have at least got a hand on somebody, or diagnosed the blitz. I'm honestly not sure what Thomas was thinking on either play.

Yeah I was at that game. It wasn't pretty at all. Rams were very big and physical up front. We were mismatched all day. It was agonizing.

silkamilkamonico
12-29-2014, 06:12 PM
We need Julius, but more at the expense of Welker instead of Green. Green absolutely needs to be on the field and should be our #1 TE with the direction Denver wants to go on offense.

Valar Morghulis
12-29-2014, 06:18 PM
We need Julius, but more at the expense of Welker instead of Green. Green absolutely needs to be on the field and should be our #1 TE with the direction Denver wants to go on offense.

We need a healthy Julius not that abortion that had been wearing number 80 the post couple of weeks

silkamilkamonico
12-29-2014, 06:34 PM
We need a healthy Julius not that abortion that had been wearing number 80 the post couple of weeks

Just as long as he isn't along the tacklebox attempting to block.

Simple Jaded
12-30-2014, 12:09 AM

Like on Anderson's 2nd TD, Thomas had a bead on Woodson, all he had to do was get in the way to contribute, yet he basically just played 2-hand-touch with Woodson as he went by. Good thing the Broncos didn't need that block. If this were slightly different to what we saw before his injury it might be different.

Or the 4th and 1 that Fox had to challenge, Thomas and Sanders are both on the play side and both blocking DB's, Sanders on the outside of Thomas, Woodson blows right thru Thomas and makes the play, Sanders guy never gets a finger on Hillman.

Dude is baby shit soft to the core.

Just go catch some TD's in the PO's, JT, we'll see you in Oakland next year.

RunYouOver
12-30-2014, 04:04 PM

We need Julius to play enough running plays to keep the D honest, but otherwise we just need an effective Julius in the Red Zone and on 3rd downs to be back to a dominating, complete offense. Green gives us a better chance of succeeding otherwise because of the benefit of the extra protection. Getting Peyton an extra second or two to work with is usually all he needs.