PDA

View Full Version : Practice Notes - Raiders' Week

Denver Native (Carol)
12-24-2014, 02:42 PM
Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 39m

RG Manny Ramirez, DT Mitch Unrein out sick from practice. SS T.J. Ward (neck) observing but not participating.

Jeff Legwold @Jeff_Legwold · 38m

For #Broncos S T.J. Ward on field, but doesn't look like he's going to practice. Marshall, Barrow Ramirez and Unrein not on field.

Jeff Legwold @Jeff_Legwold · 3h

#Broncos set to practice at their usual time today -- walk-through/special teams before a full 11:05 a.m. practice.

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 57m

T.J. Ward is out here in a jersey, but is just watching. No helmets, no pads for anyone at practice today.

VonDoom
12-24-2014, 03:32 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 19m19 minutes ago

Fox on Raiders: "you don't take division opponents lightly". Darn right. You leave that to me.

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 18m18 minutes ago

They will watch and see if Hillman can go. Fox said looks good. Playing on grass helps coming back from foot injury #Broncos

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 12m12 minutes ago

Manning on his offensive growing pains: "Dont have a catchy phrase for your headline. We just gotta play better"

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 11m11 minutes ago

Manning on his recent picks: "when u throw an interception, every one of them has a story. Nobody wants to hear it"

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 10m10 minutes ago

Manning "I have to play better. I take a lot of pride in being accurate and making good decisions and I didn't play as well as I need to"

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 8m8 minutes ago

Manning on coming back next year: "certainly plan on being back if the Broncos will have me ... I'm enjoying playing"

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos 9m9 minutes ago

"You play the 24-hour rule ... Then you've got to move on. We're fortunate we get to play this week." - #Manning

Denver Native (Carol)
12-24-2014, 04:48 PM
Vic Lombardi @VicLombardi · 6m

TJ Ward looks fine. Neck is a little sore. All good.

Vic Lombardi @VicLombardi · 26m

CJ Anderson still mad about his performance Monday night. Says he missed a lot of reads. Vows to get it fixed.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-24-2014, 05:32 PM
Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 35m

.@BossWard43 practices & @MrHillman2U has his 1st full practice since 11/7. Injury update: http://dbron.co/5s0

Timmy!
12-24-2014, 05:35 PM
Nice to see that Ward isn't hurt too bad. Having Hillman at least in the mix should help the offense, at least its fresh legs. I really hope we get Marshall back for the playoffs. Run defense looked horrible without him.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-24-2014, 05:52 PM
Nice to see that Ward isn't hurt too bad. Having Hillman at least in the mix should help the offense, at least its fresh legs. I really hope we get Marshall back for the playoffs. Run defense looked horrible without him.

When you remove the 82 yard run the Bengals' running back only averaged 3ypc. I don't think it was that bad.

Timmy!
12-24-2014, 06:05 PM
When you remove the 82 yard run the Bengals' running back only averaged 3ypc. I don't think it was that bad.

160 yards in the first half was pretty bad.....especially for a team giving up 80 a game.

VonDoom
12-24-2014, 06:23 PM
20 guys on the injury report today. Most were full participants but still. We need that week off

spikerman
12-24-2014, 06:38 PM
160 yards in the first half was pretty bad.....especially for a team giving up 80 a game.

Especially with their primary receiving threat on the bench.

VonDoom
12-24-2014, 06:43 PM

Yes, but I agree with Al Wilson 4 Mayor here - take out Hill's run, and the rest of their production for the game was 122 yards ... on 36 carries. 3.4 YPC. We weren't GREAT and that 85 yarder did happen, but they weren't killing us there. Marshall's absence was definitely felt, but besides the run game, the biggest issue was defending screens. We were clueless out there. That will be shored up if everyone is healthy.

I don't know what kind of team we will field this week with our MASH unit, but we can't rest everybody since we need the win to secure a week off. That's the most important goal at this point.

Simple Jaded
12-24-2014, 08:10 PM

There was 2 holding calls ignored and a block in the back to Ward on that play, throw in some Rahim The Dream and you get 82 yards of inexplicable bullshit.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-24-2014, 10:07 PM
Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 5h

20 guys on Broncos injury report. 20. Season high. That's what happens when you have the bye after game 3. 13th game in 13 weeks coming up.

MOtorboat
12-24-2014, 11:26 PM

It's too bad we can't actually remove it. It did happen.

underrated29
12-25-2014, 12:05 AM
To me it is really eye opening just how well brandon Marshall had been playing for us. I mean I kw he was doing good and whatnot and then there is the hype, but dayuum! We really really did miss him. Now that's not to take cred away from the Tigers, they beat us up good and played well.

Marshall is one of the few guys we cannot lose when we make our playoff run to the top!

Timmy!
12-25-2014, 01:53 AM
There was 2 holding calls ignored and a block in the back to Ward on that play, throw in some Rahim The Dream and you get 82 yards of inexplicable bullshit.

Don't get me started on Moore. My girlfriend legitimately despises the guy. Makes me proud.

Jsteve01
12-25-2014, 02:36 AM
To me it is really eye opening just how well brandon Marshall had been playing for us. I mean I kw he was doing good and whatnot and then there is the hype, but dayuum! We really really did miss him. Now that's not to take cred away from the Tigers, they beat us up good and played well.

Marshall is one of the few guys we cannot lose when we make our playoff run to the top!. Trotting out seventh rounders and street free agents doesn't help. I'm not minimizing his value just saying we can't expect a ton from Davis, nelson and barrow just yet

Valar Morghulis
12-25-2014, 06:42 AM
. Trotting out seventh rounders and street free agents doesn't help. I'm not minimizing his value just saying we can't expect a ton from Davis, nelson and barrow just yet

True, but Anderson, Marshall and Harris were all classed as bums one upon a time. #everoptimistic!

VonDoom
12-26-2014, 03:08 PM
Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 10m10 minutes ago

Marshall out for the game...

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 8m8 minutes ago

RB Ronnie Hillman (foot) is probable LB Brandon Marshall (foot) is out. Questionable: T.J. Ward, Emmanuel Sanders, Paul Cornick.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 9m9 minutes ago

Hillman looked "very good" this week, Fox said. As for whether he plays, Fox said "we'll let everybody know about 90 min. before kickoff."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 8m8 minutes ago

Fox: Hillman has "had a good week of preparation" ... but because he hasn't played since Nov. 9, "you get a little bit nervous about that."

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 6m6 minutes ago

Gase, on Khalil Mack: "He's creating a lot of pressure on the QB ... he's popping free a lot more now." Has 4 sacks in the last 6 games.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 5m5 minutes ago

OC Adam Gase: "That third quarter really felt good" in CIN. 4th qtr, had penalties, TFLs that got them off rhythm, he added.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 1m1 minute ago

Gase: Going up-tempo, as in 3rd qtr. at CIN, is about finding what works for that game, he said. Some games it works, some games it doesn't.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 23m23 minutes ago

Del Rio: recently promoted S Josh Bush "has been pretty good" picking up the defense. Could play if T.J. Ward can't go Sunday.

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 22m22 minutes ago

Del Rio: "Whenever a play goes abck there's typically a few things that are a part of that," and it's not necessarily just about young LBs.

Bronco9798
12-26-2014, 03:23 PM
Yes, but I agree with Al Wilson 4 Mayor here - take out Hill's run, and the rest of their production for the game was 122 yards ... on 36 carries. 3.4 YPC. We weren't GREAT and that 85 yarder did happen, but they weren't killing us there. Marshall's absence was definitely felt, but besides the run game, the biggest issue was defending screens. We were clueless out there. That will be shored up if everyone is healthy.

I don't know what kind of team we will field this week with our MASH unit, but we can't rest everybody since we need the win to secure a week off. That's the most important goal at this point.

Sounds nice to say take that run out and it was only......But it happened. You can't take it out. It counts. You can't dismiss it. Take out Peyton's interceptions and maybe we have a chance to win. Can't take them out though, they happened.

VonDoom
12-26-2014, 03:34 PM
Sounds nice to say take that run out and it was only......But it happened. You can't take it out. It counts. You can't dismiss it. Take out Peyton's interceptions and maybe we have a chance to win. Can't take them out though, they happened.

I'm not arguing that. I'm just saying that they ran the ball 37 times against us, and 36 out of those 37 totalled 122 yards. Blowing one play for an 85 yard run and giving up 3.4 yards in all other carries is different than being gashed for 7, 8, 9 yards at a time for most of the game. I think that a season's worth of good run defense forgives a bad game which was mostly one play, especially with Marshall not out there. As I said, my bigger issue with the defense in that game was not defending the screen pass or those read option runs by Dalton, which they used over and over again.

Bronco9798
12-26-2014, 03:42 PM
I'm not arguing that. I'm just saying that they ran the ball 37 times against us, and 36 out of those 37 totalled 122 yards. Blowing one play for an 85 yard run and giving up 3.4 yards in all other carries is different than being gashed for 7, 8, 9 yards at a time for most of the game. I think that a season's worth of good run defense forgives a bad game which was mostly one play, especially with Marshall not out there. As I said, my bigger issue with the defense in that game was not defending the screen pass or those read option runs by Dalton, which they used over and over again.

I agree with you. Just making a point about stats and how worthless they can be. Just didn't do a good job. The bad thing about that run is they scored on it right after we scored. It kind of changed the momentum and deflated us a bit.

VonDoom
12-26-2014, 03:53 PM
I agree with you. Just making a point about stats and how worthless they can be. Just didn't do a good job. The bad thing about that run is they scored on it right after we scored. It kind of changed the momentum and deflated us a bit.

Yep, I agree with that, especially as far as stats go; we were arguing different sides, but that point is the same - stats don't tell the whole story. That run and the big kickoff return right after we had our own big kickoff return were huge in that game. It felt like as soon as we did anything, they turned it around right away, which was incredibly frustrating to watch.

OrangeHoof
12-26-2014, 04:14 PM
Fox/Broncos seem to list all their injured instead of hiding some like other teams do. Shanny used to hide any injuries off the injured list he didn't want opponents knowing about and the league even fined him when they found out he was doing that. What matters is how many can go on Sundays. This week, I wouldn't be surprised to see some guys held out just on the hope we can win without them and thus giving them two more weeks to get healthy.

BroncoWave
12-26-2014, 05:48 PM
It's too bad we can't actually remove it. It did happen.

You can absolutely discount one outlier when judging the effectiveness over the entire game. If two teams give up 10 carries for 100 yards with one giving up a 90 yard run in there and the other giving up 10 10 yard runs, the first group did a good job stopping the run other than one fluke play, whereas the other group was consistently terrible at stopping it.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-26-2014, 06:23 PM
Fox/Broncos seem to list all their injured instead of hiding some like other teams do. Shanny used to hide any injuries off the injured list he didn't want opponents knowing about and the league even fined him when they found out he was doing that. What matters is how many can go on Sundays. This week, I wouldn't be surprised to see some guys held out just on the hope we can win without them and thus giving them two more weeks to get healthy.

I'd like to see Ward sit.