PDA

View Full Version : When did we sign Cutler back?

Northman
12-23-2014, 04:59 AM
4 Ints? Really? :lol:

tomjonesrocks
12-23-2014, 05:25 AM
Only the 5th time in his career. First in 4 years.

Really hard to imagine him back next year.

Northman
12-23-2014, 05:55 AM
#clutch18

DenBronx
12-23-2014, 06:26 AM
Yeah he played bad tonight, real bad. But .... you guys have a better idea? Doubt he plays bad in the playoffs unless we meet NE or SEA.

We will play at home guys. Huge advantage....until...well....you know the rest.

ForgettingBrandonMarshall
12-23-2014, 06:32 AM
What is our identity on offense? Are we a run first team or an up tempo team?

We still haven't established who we are on offense and we are now in week 17. I'm reluctant at this point to trust that our coaching staff has a plan.

Valar Morghulis
12-23-2014, 06:42 AM
I think we should be an up tempo but balanced team.

Hurry up/slowdown at LOS if required, but stop huddling up. Get to the LOS, Establish the run, then punish them with "downfield" throws, we need to stop throwing WR screens and dumping it off to the RB. Manning's arm strength is getting weaker, but he is a timing/rhythm thrower - let him and the WR get into that rhythm. Use Welker between the hashes more and not just on out routes on 3rd down.

I know all this is easier said than done - and i am only a stupid Brit, but what i do know is last night was terrible.

broncofaninfla
12-23-2014, 10:17 AM
We've all see Manning look better for sure but I pin more fault on the offensive line for their poor play pass protecting last night. Our offensive line simply can't block good defensive lines.

BroncoWave
12-23-2014, 10:36 AM
We've all see Manning look better for sure but I pin more fault on the offensive line for their poor play pass protecting last night. Our offensive line simply can't block good defensive lines.

The thing is, though, that Manning used to be able to kill teams behind bad o-lines because he could get the ball out so quickly and always to the right guy. He just can't do that anymore, at least as consistently as he used to. So yeah the line is playing poorly, but Manning has also gotten worse at overcoming that.

BroncoNut
12-23-2014, 10:52 AM
I thought it was 3 not 4. Anyway I believe you. Come to think of it 4 sounds more accurate. Whatever the offensive identity is or isnt , there is just the sporadic big play other than that no tempo or rythym. I like cj a lot but the run game doesn't seem to have become integrated into a larger scheme

OrangeHoof
12-23-2014, 12:10 PM
Int #1 - Clearly Manning's fault. He didn't see Pac-Man in front of his receiver until it was too late.

Int #2 - I still don't understand when both players have their arms around the football and fall out of bounds with it that the defense gets possession. Tie is supposed to go to the receiver. JT never took his hands off the ball. Manning's throw didn't lead JT quite far enough but I disagree that this was an interception to begin with.

Int #3 - Until it is explained differently, I think this pick 6 just slipped out of Manning's hand in the rain. Reminded me of the Neil O'Donnell pick in the Super Bowl where you'd swear the fix was in. The throw had nothing on it which is why I think it slipped. Good job by the rookie - right place, right time, game over.

Int #4 - Trying to force a ball in during the two-minute drill. I thought the receiver didn't complete his route. I thought Kirkpatrick juggled this out of bounds which would have made it incomplete. Again, the refs were all about helping Cincinnati. Two of the four interceptions could/should have been overturned.

Still, Manning had some zip on the ball and hit some long throws. It wasn't like a few of the games this year where you wondered if he still had feeling in his right arm. Wasn't a great game for Peyton but I would say the real cause for losing was poor special teams.

Nomad
12-23-2014, 12:16 PM
Int #2, the defender had his arms wrapped around the ball before going out of bounds. Bad throw and terrible effort by Thomas.

silkamilkamonico
12-23-2014, 12:41 PM
Int #2, the defender had his arms wrapped around the ball before going out of bounds. Bad throw and terrible effort by Thomas.

If Denver re-signs Jthomas to the monster contract everyone thinks he should get, I'm going to really question John Elway. The dude is nothing more than a WR. Absolutely terrible TE.

The sad thing with all the hate on Manning, which I agree, this team would be like a 7-9 team without him.

Nomad
12-23-2014, 12:47 PM
If Denver re-signs Jthomas to the monster contract everyone thinks he should get, I'm going to really question John Elway. The dude is nothing more than a WR. Absolutely terrible TE.

The sad thing with all the hate on Manning, which I agree, this team would be like a 7-9 team without him.

I think people are fully aware what Manning brings to this team. But he also needs to be held accountable for his bad plays. I see more excuses for him than ever. I only like Manning because he is a BRONCO, before that, I never really cared for him. I always thought of him as a whiner, and choke artist in big games. Perhaps if he was playing to break more records.

Once he leaves, BRONCOS will struggle and they'll never be on TV here.:lol: Manning has put the BRONCOS on the national tv and AK always gets the games. I do thank him for that.

Valar Morghulis
12-23-2014, 01:18 PM
Bad throw and terrible effort by Thomas.

He does not seem to have any fight in him, i think i could have taken that ball of him, with my penis.

Northman
12-23-2014, 01:19 PM
I dont kid myself, Manning has dont great things since coming to Denver so i am appreciative of that fact as most people are but the expectation is still there for him to deliver a championship. He's getting paid very well and has been surrounded with the talent to do it with so when he goes and plays like last night its a bit frustrating. I really dont know what its going to take for this team to finally gel and get their shit together. Been seeing the same up and down inconsistent play all year long so it would be nice for them to wake the hell up.

Shazam!
12-23-2014, 01:21 PM
Once he leaves, BRONCOS will struggle and they'll never be on TV here.:lol: Manning has put the BRONCOS on the national tv and AK always gets the games. I do thank him for that.

Tebow also put the Broncos on TV ;)

BroncoWave
12-23-2014, 01:26 PM
I dont kid myself, Manning has dont great things since coming to Denver so i am appreciative of that fact as most people are but the expectation is still there for him to deliver a championship. He's getting paid very well and has been surrounded with the talent to do it with so when he goes and plays like last night its a bit frustrating. I really dont know what its going to take for this team to finally gel and get their shit together. Been seeing the same up and down inconsistent play all year long so it would be nice for them to wake the hell up.

Yep. The simple fact is that when we were killing teams and scoring 40 points a game, Manning was getting all the credit and no one seemed to mind. Now that things aren't going so well, he has to take a large chunk of the blame as well. Yes there has been poor play around him, but the interceptions and poor drives on offense and stalling in the red zone ultimately fall on him. We're only going to go as far as he takes us, so he has to play better.

weazel
12-23-2014, 01:29 PM
maybe we can trade QB's with Chicago in the off season

OrangeHoof
12-23-2014, 01:30 PM

They'd be 5-11 with Ozzy and battling Oakland for last place. We both know this.

Nomad
12-23-2014, 01:33 PM

Yeah, people will try to twist your words, as if you are unappreciative, if you question or condemn Manning for his play and decision making.

There's not one QB I've watched this year that didn't have to scramble in games. I would hold Manning to a higher standard and more intelligent than what he has shown. The team was supposed to be clicking on all cylinders by this time of the year.

Northman
12-23-2014, 01:40 PM
maybe we can trade QB's with Chicago in the off season

I wouldnt mind seeing what Clausen can do here.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
12-23-2014, 04:47 PM
Only the 5th time in his career. First in 4 years.

Really hard to imagine him back next year.

I think this is a little premature.

Manning hasn't looked himself the past 6 or 7 weeks but this team can't afford to not have him back without a reliable contingency plan in place and Brock, at the moment, is not it. I still think Manning looks uncomfortable running this offense when he's forced to slow it down and play at a pace he's not accustomed to; like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. When he runs hurry up, this team moves the ball like it did last season. There is still the concern of his arm strength and his inability to persevere in adverse weather conditions but he is still one of the best QB's in this league and even on his worst days, there's still only a couple guys I'd rather have behind centre.

A balanced offense is all fine and dandy but this team needs to be playing to Manning's strengths, not against them. Let him get in a rhythm, let him throw the ball. We can maintain the balance and keep defenses honest by not asking Manning to only throw it 25 times. Seems it's feast or famine with our coaches and they are unable to find a happy medium that satisfies everyone.

Also, from my religious reading of DenPo Broncos articles this season, it seems most of the beat writers are under the assumption Manning is not only returning next year but is playing out his entire 5 year contract.

BroncoWave
12-23-2014, 05:11 PM
also , from my religious reading of DenPo Broncos articles this season, it seems most of the beat writers are under the assumption Manning is not only returning next year but is playing out his entire 5 year contract.

I would take that with a huge grain of salt. I doubt Manning has even decided what he is going to do next year. There is no way anyone at the post knows.

MOtorboat
12-23-2014, 05:38 PM
If this team had Cutler it would be 6-9.

Nomad
12-23-2014, 05:40 PM
If this team had Cutler it would be 6-9.

That's a lot of credit given out to Cutler:lol:

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-23-2014, 05:42 PM
I don't think Manning has ever played well when the ball is wet. He grips the ball really tight and puts a lot of torque into the throw. So, when the ball is wet it slips on him sometimes. Don't you guys remember that Monday night game against San Diego about 5 years ago?

He was, after all, shredding the Bengals before the downpour happened.

Nevertheless, continue with the knee jerk reactions.

BroncoWave
12-23-2014, 05:46 PM
I don't think Manning has ever played well when the ball is wet. He grips the ball really tight and puts a lot of torque into the throw. So, when the ball is wet it slips on him sometimes. Don't you guys remember that Monday night game against San Diego about 5 years ago?

He was, after all, shredding the Bengals before the downpour happened.

Nevertheless, continue with the knee jerk reactions.

I'm sorry, but that's just an excuse, and a bad one. Playoff games usually feature bad weather. If he can't be effective in adverse weather conditions, that's not a good thing.

BroncoWave
12-23-2014, 06:29 PM
I took a look at Manning's home/away splits this year and I have to say, they are pretty stunning.

Record: 7-0 home, 4-4 away
Completion %: 72.4 home, 62.9 away
TD/INT: 21/4 home, 18/11 away.
QB Rating: 123.6 home, 89 away
YPA: 9 home, 7.25 away

It's amazing how he's just been a completely different player on the road this season. I have to say, that's not too encouraging for a potential trip to New England.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-23-2014, 06:35 PM
I'm sorry, but that's just an excuse, and a bad one. Playoff games usually feature bad weather. If he can't be effective in adverse weather conditions, that's not a good thing.

I don't give a good golly miss molly if you call it a Yugo. I'mjust saying it's always been that way with him. Usually when the Colts were dismissed from the playoffs it was on the road, and many times....wait for it....in NE.

BroncoWave
12-23-2014, 06:39 PM
I don't give a good golly miss molly if you call it a Yugo. I'mjust saying it's always been that way with him. Usually when the Colts were dismissed from the playoffs it was on the road, and many times....wait for it....in NE.

Football is a game played outdoors, and often in poor weather conditions as it gets late in the season. If you are paying a guy 20 million dollars a year to play football, he should be expected to perform well in all conditions. Brady has figured out how to do it pretty darn well. No excuse for Peyton not to.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-23-2014, 06:41 PM
Football is a game played outdoors, and often in poor weather conditions as it gets late in the season. If you are paying a guy 20 million dollars a year to play football, he should be expected to perform well in all conditions. Brady has figured out how to do it pretty darn well. No excuse for Peyton not to.

Yeah, ok, all I'm saying is, "this was already out there when we signed him."

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-23-2014, 06:41 PM
I just quoted myself. ..later in the day I plan to speak in third person.

BroncoWave
12-23-2014, 06:42 PM
Yeah, ok, all I'm saying is, "this was already out there when we signed him."

No one is saying it wasn't. It's still a valid criticism. I'm not really sure what your point is here.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-23-2014, 07:44 PM
No one is saying it wasn't. It's still a valid criticism. I'm not really sure what your point is here.

I'm making the point because so many people seem to be in shock and utter dismay, as if they can't believe he's doing what he's always done in wet weather.

Nomad
12-23-2014, 08:06 PM
It'll be partly cloudy and 39 on Sunday in Denver.....thank God.

Poet
12-23-2014, 09:11 PM
Cutler has a stronger arm than Elway. Shoulda kept him. PFM sux.

BroncoWave
12-23-2014, 09:56 PM

We really messed up by getting rid of Tebow. Pisssing off God is never a good idea.

Northman
12-24-2014, 05:19 AM

Dont know if he has a stronger arm than Elway but he did sleep at a holiday inn. And PFM does suck.

TXBRONC
12-24-2014, 09:54 AM

This a sign of a mind deteriorating from old age. :wave:

CrazyHorse
12-24-2014, 01:17 PM
Arguably only 2 interceptions. A simultaneous catch and bobbling the ball.

Valar Morghulis
12-24-2014, 01:42 PM

4 clear interceptions.

Nomad
12-24-2014, 01:44 PM
4 clear interceptions.

It's sounds better if you sugar coat it:lol:

Northman
12-24-2014, 02:23 PM

No such thing as almost. 4 Ints is 4 Ints.

BroncoWave
12-24-2014, 03:07 PM

They were both pretty clear interceptioins to me. I know we don't want them to be because we're broncos fans, but watching those plays objectively I had no problem with either call.

Regardless, they were both poor throws.

BroncoWave
12-24-2014, 03:09 PM
No such thing as almost. 4 Ints is 4 Ints.

The only way I'd give Peyton a break on any of them is if they were perfectly thrown balls that went right through the WRs hands and were picked off. Unfortunately, that was not the case for any of his. They were all bad throws/decisions. The only one I don't put 100% on him was the one JT put up an embarrassing fight for, but even still that throw was off.

Simple Jaded
12-24-2014, 08:23 PM

Jimmy is down! Jimmy might have a compound fracture! Jimmy's gonna get you Kramer! Jimmy holds a grudge!