PDA

View Full Version : Good Game.

Poet
12-23-2014, 12:08 AM
I usually start these threads after you boys pummel the crap out of mine. Good game, guys. You're still a contender.

Pudge
12-23-2014, 12:16 AM
Quit trying to be a class act, make my hate for you legitimate

Tebowtime2011
12-23-2014, 12:17 AM
At least the broncos made it exciting in the second half but I'm actually concerned with the special teams, o line, and most importantly Manning.

MasterShake
12-23-2014, 12:17 AM
Well, it was a shitty game aside from the 3rd quarter in my opinion! :lol:

Cincy needed the win more than Denver and flat out took it to us. I hate to lose a game like that but I guess I can take some solace in the fact that it could have been A LOT worse. I just couldn't believe how no matter what we did you had an answer.

Thanks for making the Raiders game meaningful, I guess? Good win for the Bengals, you guys played out of your minds. Denver has a lot to learn from this game and hopefully we take that into the postseason.

I would LOVE to see you guys in Denver! We will see how things shake out.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
12-23-2014, 12:20 AM
Exposed a lot of areas we need to improve in if we want to legitimately contend come Jan and Feb.

That's all the positivity I can muster up. Bengals played well though, Grats.

ShaneFalco
12-23-2014, 12:21 AM
take your pumpkin uniforms and go eat some pie.

Poet
12-23-2014, 12:22 AM
take your pumpkin uniforms and go eat some pie.

You're not a Broncos fan so get out of my thread you bitch.

DenBronx
12-23-2014, 12:25 AM
Eating my crow right now.

Someone pass the salt.

Poet
12-23-2014, 12:26 AM
Eating my crow right now.

Someone pass the salt.

Nah man, we're men, we just gotta talk that shit from time to time.

Timmy!
12-23-2014, 12:30 AM
Your boys played well King. Good luck in round 1. If you could maybe take out the Pats in round 2 that would be nice.

Tebowtime2011
12-23-2014, 12:44 AM
I'm jealous of your 2nd round RBs you got Gio and Jeremy Hill in the 2nd and we grabbed Montee Ball..... Damn it!!!!!!! Lol at least we found CJ ironically without having to use a draft pick. But I'm telling you King that is a dangerous RB duo

DenBronx
12-23-2014, 12:56 AM
Yeah Bengals nailed it with their RBs.

Poet
12-23-2014, 01:02 AM
Jeremy Hill can be a Marshawn Lynch type of guy. He really can. Gio can be a Reggie Bush type of guy, and if one gets hurt the other can fill in. It's pretty good man. Definitely a joyous part of the game.

OrangeHoof
12-23-2014, 01:12 AM
Cincy had more on the line and were at home. I really didn't understand Denver being such a favorite. I do think if we hadn't had that phantom facemask on D. Thomas, the outcome might have been different.

But Cincy can pay us back by beating Pittsburgh so the Bengals can be the #3 seed paving the way for the Steelers to end up in New England while we get our revenge at home. Losing to the Steelers next week hurts Denver almost as much as it hurts Cincy so I hope A.J. Green gets well and Good Andy shows up next week. Hopefully, we get you guys again in three weeks when Playoff Andy appears.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-23-2014, 01:30 AM
Manning doesn't play well in wet weather.

weazel
12-23-2014, 01:31 AM
Manning doesn't play well in wet weather.

Manning no longer plays well in. Weather

Northman
12-23-2014, 04:56 AM
Told you King. You dope......

Tebowtime2011
12-23-2014, 07:09 AM
Jeremy Hill can be a Marshawn Lynch type of guy. He really can. Gio can be a Reggie Bush type of guy, and if one gets hurt the other can fill in. It's pretty good man. Definitely a joyous part of the game. Yeah I pictured Gio more as a Darren sproles because of his new role in the offense but he has the talent of Reggie Bush. You better worry about AJ green though. I still blame Dalton for him getting hurt. Quick question do you think Andy Dalton is good enough to win the Bengals a Superbowl?

Northman
12-23-2014, 08:21 AM
Quick question do you think Andy Dalton is good enough to win the Bengals a Superbowl?

If Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson can do it, so can Dalton. The Bengals have a defense, they have a RB, and they have a all pro wideout. If Dalton and the team dont get sloppy with the football (not like the Broncos) they can win it all.

OB
12-23-2014, 08:32 AM
GFYS :hand:

Earendil
12-23-2014, 01:11 PM
Jeremy Hill can be a Marshawn Lynch type of guy. He really can. Gio can be a Reggie Bush type of guy, and if one gets hurt the other can fill in. It's pretty good man. Definitely a joyous part of the game.

The only thing about Jeremy I would change (other than the fumblitis) is that he's a bit too cocky for me. I think he needs to talk less trash, at least though the media.

Yeah I pictured Gio more as a Darren sproles because of his new role in the offense but he has the talent of Reggie Bush. You better worry about AJ green though. I still blame Dalton for him getting hurt. Quick question do you think Andy Dalton is good enough to win the Bengals a Superbowl?

If the Hue can keep making game plans that minimize his weaknesses, then probably. But if he has to throw more than 25 - 30 times a game, no chance.

Poet
12-23-2014, 01:21 PM
The only thing about Jeremy I would change (other than the fumblitis) is that he's a bit too cocky for me. I think he needs to talk less trash, at least though the media.

If the Hue can keep making game plans that minimize his weaknesses, then probably. But if he has to throw more than 25 - 30 times a game, no chance.

#stayturnt

We need that attitude. He listens to the coaches. After his TD they pulled him aside and said that the run was great but don't drop the ball on the ground when you're that close to the goaline and have a DeSean Jackson moment. He's been working on his fumbling and let's be honest, that Von Miller play on the ball was incredible and well-timed. He gets it - he took it to heart after they benched him during the Cleveland TNF game. Granted he was the only bright spot on the offense and that was an awful move, but he gets it.

Poet
12-23-2014, 01:21 PM

I still don't know how we won.

Earendil
12-23-2014, 01:24 PM
#stayturnt

We need that attitude. He listens to the coaches. After his TD they pulled him aside and said that the run was great but don't drop the ball on the ground when you're that close to the goaline and have a DeSean Jackson moment. He's been working on his fumbling and let's be honest, that Von Miller play on the ball was incredible and well-timed. He gets it - he took it to heart after they benched him during the Cleveland TNF game. Granted he was the only bright spot on the offense and that was an awful move, but he gets it.

Yeah, I agree with that. I just wish he would channel that attitude a little better. That will likely come with time, I tend to forget he's only 22. Most 22 year olds are idiots, I know I was.

Poet
12-23-2014, 01:28 PM
Yeah, I agree with that. I just wish he would channel that attitude a little better. That will likely come with time, I tend to forget he's only 22. Most 22 year olds are idiots, I know I was.

He's channeling the energy into the best pure back we've had since Corey Dillon. I think he could stand to grow up a little, but when he watch his interviews and he says "the guys are coming up to me telling me that they need me and I'm going to go out there and make a play," that is a form of leadership, too.

I'm not saying that he's perfect, but right now he's running like a man possessed.

BroncoNut
12-23-2014, 01:37 PM
It was an exciting game. Thanks to the Bengals for that

Northman
12-23-2014, 01:44 PM

Tiger Blood.

Poet
12-23-2014, 01:46 PM
Tiger Blood.

I'm believe in the Bengals when they play well and win a playoff game. This feels like it should be a turning point, which makes me suspicious.

Northman
12-23-2014, 01:47 PM
I'm believe in the Bengals when they play well and win a playoff game. This feels like it should be a turning point, which makes me suspicious.

I think they will be fine. How is AJ by the way? I remember watching him go out of the game but never heard much more on him.

Poet
12-23-2014, 01:50 PM
I think they will be fine. How is AJ by the way? I remember watching him go out of the game but never heard much more on him.

He said -like most players are inclined to- that he would in fact be able to play next week. I think it was stupid to put him back out there. He had one arm.

BroncoJoe
12-23-2014, 02:27 PM
FU King.

Poet
12-23-2014, 02:31 PM
FU King.

You don't mean that.

Tebowtime2011
12-23-2014, 02:50 PM
#stayturnt

Yeah, I agree with that. I just wish he would channel that attitude a little better. That will likely come with time, I tend to forget he's only 22. Most 22 year olds are idiots, I know I was. I had no problem with his attitude I wish more broncos players were that cocky because the Seahawks have a whole team full of them. The 01 Miami hurricanes had a whole team of them. I find that when you feel and act like you are the best then you will put in the work to be the best. Also he torched a great run defense he has the right to have a cocky persona. Maybe it is just me but his post game interview made me like him more.

MasterShake
12-23-2014, 02:55 PM
Time for a new type of poetry I just made up! Its called a "Focus on the first letter of every sentence Haiku"

Every now and then, I must admit when a team simply outplays us.
And when that happens, you must man up.
Though it pains me to say it, the Bengals were better... for one night.

So as Denver must now settle for a #2 Seed...unless
Hell freezes over and the Raiders win
I will still root for my team
Til the day I die

;)

weazel
12-23-2014, 02:55 PM
Oh well, bump in the road. Broncos will beat everyone from here on out and beat the Seahawks in the Superbowl 57-3! Peyton will throw 5 touchdowns and CJ will run for 2!
Sunshine, Rainbows, child's laughter!

Poet
12-23-2014, 02:59 PM
To be fair, though, you guy got beat by a shitty QB and a Bengals team without it's all-pro WR.

Doomed!

Tebowtime2011
12-23-2014, 03:02 PM
To be fair, though, you guy got beat by a shitty QB and a Bengals team without it's all-pro WR.

Doomed! Eh you had home field advantage and we used a practice squad LB to try to replace a great one but ya know rather lose now then in the first round of playoffs.... Three years in a row :cool:

Poet
12-23-2014, 03:06 PM
We had a fourth string RT playing that we signed less than a week ago and were missing two starting LB's as well. I wouldn't get too cocky with that playoff loss, I was here last year and I saw that shiiiiiiiiiiiii....shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hh

MasterShake
12-23-2014, 03:19 PM
We had a fourth string RT playing that we signed less than a week ago and were missing two starting LB's as well. I wouldn't get too cocky with that playoff loss, I was here last year and I saw that shiiiiiiiiiiiii....shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hh

You know what you weren't missing? Your last payment to the refs. 15 yard facemask? More like 15 yard bullshiiii........shhhhhhhhhh!

Poet
12-23-2014, 03:26 PM
You know what you weren't missing? Your last payment to the refs. 15 yard facemask? More like 15 yard bullshiiii........shhhhhhhhhh!

Yeah, kind of like how that pick six wasn't actually completed. The play 'stood', not confirmed. That translates into "Yeah, our bad we screwed up but not enough."

Don't talk that shiiiiiiiiiiiiiii shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Earendil
12-23-2014, 03:44 PM
He's channeling the energy into the best pure back we've had since Corey Dillon. I think he could stand to grow up a little, but when he watch his interviews and he says "the guys are coming up to me telling me that they need me and I'm going to go out there and make a play," that is a form of leadership, too.

I'm not saying that he's perfect, but right now he's running like a man possessed.

He is indeed. The dude is a freakin' beast.

DenBronx
12-23-2014, 03:59 PM

I do. We suck!!!

LawDog
12-23-2014, 03:59 PM
Oh well, bump in the road. Broncos will beat everyone from here on out and beat the Seahawks in the Superbowl 57-3! Peyton will throw 5 touchdowns and CJ will run for 2!
Sunshine, Rainbows, child's laughter!

Seahawks aren't going to the Superbowl. Everybody loves them some Seachickens right about now, but they ain't all that. If you look at their run down the stretch, the last five games have been against the Cards twice (with Stanton and Lindley at QB, 3rd and 4th stringers), against the 49ers twice (a franchise in full toilet-swirl mode), and a solid win in Philly (although the Eagles aren't exactly soaring at the QB position either). Peaking at the right time sure, but they've been taking advantage of JV talent. Before that they lost to the Chiefs (who need galaxies full of stars to align for them to back into the playoffs), and then beat the Giants, Raiders, and Panthers (no playoffs, except for possibly the Panthers getting to the post-season with only 7 wins - what a pitiful division that is), and before that they were a .500 club.

In short, though I clearly despise Pete Adderal and his band of misfit toys (thanks for asking the question), I don't buy the Seattle-is-unbeatable hype one single farthing.

DenBronx
12-23-2014, 04:06 PM
The facemask on DT was really what screwed us. It was so stupid...

7DnBrnc53
12-23-2014, 04:10 PM
Seahawks aren't going to the Superbowl. Everybody loves them some Seachickens right about now, but they ain't all that. If you look at their run down the stretch, the last five games have been against the Cards twice (with Stanton and Lindley at QB, 3rd and 4th stringers), against the 49ers twice (a franchise in full toilet-swirl mode), and a solid win in Philly (although the Eagles aren't exactly soaring at the QB position either). Peaking at the right time sure, but they've been taking advantage of JV talent. Before that they lost to the Chiefs (who need galaxies full of stars to align for them to back into the playoffs), and then beat the Giants, Raiders, and Panthers (no playoffs, except for possibly the Panthers getting to the post-season with only 7 wins - what a pitiful division that is), and before that they were a .500 club.

In short, though I clearly despise Pete Adderal and his band of misfit toys (thanks for asking the question), I don't buy the Seattle-is-unbeatable hype one single farthing.

You make some good points there, although, I buy NE even less than Seattle. The Pats aren't peaking at the right time. Their winning streak was a little bit of a mirage. If Denver can't beat them in Foxboro, it's because our coaches are stupid, and because we are banged up, not because they are better.

Tebowtime2011
12-23-2014, 04:12 PM

Yeah, kind of like how that pick six wasn't actually completed. The play 'stood', not confirmed. That translates into "Yeah, our bad we screwed up but not enough."

Don't talk that shiiiiiiiiiiiiiii shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Reggie Nelson interception was BS it should have been overturned and that last one by Dre was highly debatable since I don't think he kept control with the ball rolling around it should have been overturned also. So don't give me that shiiitttttt!!!!

Poet
12-23-2014, 04:29 PM
Yeah, not sure how the Thomas INT was garbage when the DB got to the ball first and ended the ball with clear and sole possession of said ball. The last pick was...a pick. If that were a WR on Denver and it was overturned you'd be having a meltdown. I am sorry that you are wrong. I too love Tebow.

LawDog
12-23-2014, 04:30 PM
You make some good points there, although, I buy NE even less than Seattle. The Pats aren't peaking at the right time. Their winning streak was a little bit of a mirage. If Denver can't beat them in Foxboro, it's because our coaches are stupid, and because we are banged up, not because they are better.

How can you say that the Patriots hype is more misplaced than Seattle's? Since the shellacking from the Chiefs way back in September, the Patsies have only lost one game (to the Packers in Wisconsin in a game that NE could very easily have won with a lucky break or two), all the other games were decisive wins against a hodge-podge of playoff and non-playoff foes except for the two against their division rival J-E-T-S, Jets Jets Jets (who somehow manage to play way, way above their talent level against New England). So, with the October 1st push of the reset button, New England has been on a steady run and will very likely play in and win the Superbowl (which I will then not watch because I cannot stand Bill Belicheat and his OC who I shall not name). Care to rebut?

Edmonton Bronco Fan
12-23-2014, 04:52 PM
The facemask on DT was really what screwed us. It was so stupid...

Even upon seeing the replay, I'm not convinced that's a call that should be made, even though some of the talking heads are arguing otherwise.

That's the definition of ticky tack and was the turning point of the game. The officials seemed to be trying too hard to be the centre of attention all night long; questionable officiating at best... hope we don't get em again.

Poet
12-23-2014, 04:57 PM
You can see his head get rocked back pretty hard, but no I don't want that play to ever be called for that. It's a shitty time to throw that flag, especially since the WR's and DB's were allowed to play physical with one another up until that point.

7DnBrnc53
12-23-2014, 05:10 PM
How can you say that the Patriots hype is more misplaced than Seattle's? Since the shellacking from the Chiefs way back in September, the Patsies have only lost one game (to the Packers in Wisconsin in a game that NE could very easily have won with a lucky break or two), all the other games were decisive wins against a hodge-podge of playoff and non-playoff foes except for the two against their division rival J-E-T-S, Jets Jets Jets (who somehow manage to play way, way above their talent level against New England). So, with the October 1st push of the reset button, New England has been on a steady run and will very likely play in and win the Superbowl (which I will then not watch because I cannot stand Bill Belicheat and his OC who I shall not name). Care to rebut?

And if A-Rod didn't miss a few passes, and if there wasn't an untimely interference call in the fourth quarter, the Pack may have blown them out. They also came close to losing to Oakland and the Jets at home, and should have lost at SD. They won't beat Seattle and GB in the Super Bowl. Dallas, maybe, although if Dallas has success running the ball, they can beat them, too.

Poet
12-23-2014, 05:17 PM
How often does one team beat BB twice in the same season?

BroncoWave
12-23-2014, 05:29 PM
How often does one team beat BB twice in the same season?

Since Brady took over, they have never been swept by a team in their division during the regular season. As for playoffs, it's maybe happened once or twice.

Poet
12-23-2014, 05:30 PM
Since Brady took over, they have never been swept by a team in their division during the regular season. As for playoffs, it's maybe happened once or twice.

I gotcha. I remember that at one point they had a massive streak of never losing to the same team twice.

OB
12-23-2014, 05:35 PM

Its called scoring more points than us - duh

Tebowtime2011
12-23-2014, 05:54 PM
Yeah, not sure how the Thomas INT was garbage when the DB got to the ball first and ended the ball with clear and sole possession of said ball. The last pick was...a pick. If that were a WR on Denver and it was overturned you'd be having a meltdown. I am sorry that you are wrong. I too love Tebow. I do not think the possession was sole is what I'm saying I think that Thomas still had a piece of the ball. And for the last pick I seen alot of similarity with Talib's pick the bell is moving with both of them and many of us thought it would be overturned, check the game thread. If you think Rally Talib pick should have been overturned then u should think the same for the last one. Don't have your Bengal orange tinted glasses on. Anyway the Bengals were the better team that day. It would be a great rematch in playoffs. Oh and Hue Jackson should get a head coaching job next year for the niners because he knows how to work with awry a limited QB and he had the perfect game plan for Denver's pass rush.

Poet
12-23-2014, 06:07 PM
A piece of the ball isn't enough for Thomas and Dre's pick didn't involve the ball hitting the ground. You can't accuse me of Goggles on, I'm impersonating you guys. ;)

Slick
12-23-2014, 06:15 PM
Clear and sole possession? You must have been watching a different game than me. The Bengals kicked Denver's ass but that first int was suspect. JT played that ball like a sissy and the DB wanted it more but I never saw sole possession.

LawDog
12-23-2014, 06:16 PM
And if A-Rod didn't miss a few passes, and if there wasn't an untimely interference call in the fourth quarter, the Pack may have blown them out. They also came close to losing to Oakland and the Jets at home, and should have lost at SD. They won't beat Seattle and GB in the Super Bowl. Dallas, maybe, although if Dallas has success running the ball, they can beat them, too.

And if? And if? And if my Aunt had balls she'd be my Uncle.

Between Seattle, Green Bay, and Dallas you pick Dallas as the team the Patriots might be able to beat in the Superbowl? Okay then.

Poet
12-23-2014, 06:31 PM
One player caught the ball. One didn't. One player possessed the ball. The other didn't. One player put his hands on the ball after the other one caught it; this placement of hands does not equal possession.

:D

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-23-2014, 06:36 PM
One player caught the ball. One didn't. One player possessed the ball. The other didn't. One player put his hands on the ball after the other one caught it; this placement of hands does not equal possession.

:D

Eh, Nelson made a great play and posterized Thomas in the process. It is what it is.

BroncoNut
12-23-2014, 06:39 PM
I thought that the corner had the ball out of bounds but both had it while in play which means denver's ball. Plus that facemask opi call on DT was be. We straight up got robbed. Actually I don't know either way but we lost

Poet
12-23-2014, 06:52 PM
Julius Thomas isn't a man anymore. I was embarrassed for him.

Gap-trap, what it do, son? How them hoes be?

Tebowtime2011
12-23-2014, 07:00 PM
A piece of the ball isn't enough for Thomas and Dre's pick didn't involve the ball hitting the ground. You can't accuse me of Goggles on, I'm impersonating you guys. ;) Okay then in Talib's defense the ball is aloud to touch the ground as long as you keep control of it.

Tebowtime2011
12-23-2014, 07:02 PM
Julius Thomas isn't a man anymore. I was embarrassed for him.

Gap-trap, what it do, son? How them hoes be? He is the softest tight end in the league.

Poet
12-23-2014, 07:03 PM
but he didn't really do that. The devil is a lie.

Poet
12-23-2014, 07:03 PM
He is the softest tight end in the league.

He looks like he gets kissed on the neck a lot.

BroncoNut
12-23-2014, 08:13 PM
The ball can touch the ground following a catch. That was a pick fer sure

Poet
12-23-2014, 08:47 PM
It hit the ground and started moving... There's a reason why the call only stood and was not confirmed. Gap. Gappy. Gappers. Gaaaaaaaap.

BroncoNut
12-23-2014, 08:54 PM
My objective view ( I believe) is that the ball did not move during ground contact counselor

Poet
12-23-2014, 08:57 PM
Nah.

BroncoNut
12-23-2014, 09:00 PM
The ball moved once talib was on his back and ball on top of his body. Good call. Solid

Poet
12-23-2014, 09:05 PM
The nose hit the ground and then moved in his arms. It's science.

BroncoNut
12-23-2014, 09:08 PM
Moved when off the ground as he was repositioning it. It was a great football move

Poet
12-23-2014, 09:10 PM
He clearly wasn't. You're a bad.

Tebowtime2011
12-23-2014, 11:03 PM
He clearly wasn't. You're a bad. Dalton's fault anyway now the steelers won't have to face a 100% AJ Green and they can focus on the run and load the box stop the run and try to take away Andy's short throws like the Broncos should have done. Should be a great division finale.

Poet
12-23-2014, 11:05 PM
True, True. Sanu's number should get called a lot.

Tebowtime2011
12-23-2014, 11:11 PM
I'm actually going to watch the game I want to see the battle between bengals and steelers run offense and defense. These teams are actually alot alike in terms of the way skill at positions. Both have slugger run

CrazyHorse
12-24-2014, 01:14 PM
Bengals better beat the Steelers next week.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-24-2014, 01:23 PM
Bengals better beat the Steelers next week.

Why, so we get a rematch at Mile High?

CrazyHorse
12-24-2014, 01:27 PM
Why, so we get a rematch at Mile High?

Yes, and the Steelers beat the Pats at Foxboro.

MasterShake
12-24-2014, 02:16 PM

Interesting stat I heard earlier today, Peyton hasn't lost to the same team twice in a season since 2002. Granted, in 2002 the team that beat him twice was the Pats but still... neat!