PDA

View Full Version : Fox

silkamilkamonico
12-22-2014, 11:47 PM
WTF is he doing wasting a TO there when Manning is going up to down it after CJ's run to the 20?

Edmonton Bronco Fan
12-23-2014, 12:01 AM
Another in a long line of questionable Fox decisions. Peyton clearly wanted to kill the clock with a spike.

Might as well add to that... a disturbing trend continues to assert itself; our coaching seems to be a hindrance. The offense's effectiveness... or rather ineffectiveness as it is drawn up in the game plan and the offense's productivity when Peyton runs it in a hurry up are night and day. The discrepancy between the two leads me to believe that our coaches are the biggest obstacle in this teams path to winning a championship. I have zero faith in them making the proper in game adjustments to adapt to what the opponent is doing. Too many times this team has been predictable to a fault and other teams have taken advantage of their reluctance to change things up soon enough. There is no way that with the personnel we have on offense and defense this team should look as inept as they do at times.

I don't get it.

aberdien
12-23-2014, 12:02 AM
Does the team have an identity crisis?

tripp
12-23-2014, 12:04 AM
Key thing to remember here guys, by Cinci winning, if they win next Sunday night, they win their division, making Pitt a higher seed (which means they could potentially play the Pats). Rather play Cinci again than Pitt. Cinci had a good game with GIFT calls. I don't expect the same game here in Denver.

silkamilkamonico
12-23-2014, 12:06 AM
We lost playing in a desperate house of a team that absolutely needed to win to hold season.

I'd rather play Cincinatti over Pittsburgh any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

tripp
12-23-2014, 12:13 AM
We lost playing in a desperate house of a team that absolutely needed to win to hold season.

I'd rather play Cincinatti over Pittsburgh any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Absolutely.

Honestly, that was a bizarre game from start to finish. I really do not see a repeat performance after we have a bye week. I just don't.

I Eat Staples
12-23-2014, 03:25 AM
Pittsburgh is only better than Cincy at one position, it just so happens that it's the most important position - quarterback.

I'd rather play Pitt than Cincy. The Bengals are probably the most complete team in the AFC, if Dalton plays well they'll go far. People forget that Pittsburgh got wrecked by the Browns and Ravens, lost to TAMPA BAY and THE JETS, and struggled against the Titans. They really aren't that good.

Tebowtime2011
12-23-2014, 06:59 AM
Pittsburgh is only better than Cincy at one position, it just so happens that it's the most important position - quarterback.

I'd rather play Pitt than Cincy. The Bengals are probably the most complete team in the AFC, if Dalton plays well they'll go far. People forget that Pittsburgh got wrecked by the Browns and Ravens, lost to TAMPA BAY and THE JETS, and struggled against the Titans. They really aren't that good. They are way more dangerous but their DBs are terrible that is the only weak link and with our offensive line I don't think we could expose it

Buff
12-23-2014, 09:17 AM
I addressed this in the game thread, but since it's its own thread... I don't have a problem with the timeout there because realistically we didn't have any chance of giving the ball back to Cincy and hoping to still win the game... So we may we well use our TO and preserve some time while we try to get the score there.

What I did have a problem with was Manning gesturing like he thought we should have spiked it instead of calling the timeout after the fact. Guy was playing like shit and throwing balls to the Bengals all night - then he has the gall to openly second guess Fox after he's already basically lost the game with his bad decision making.

MasterShake
12-23-2014, 09:22 AM
I addressed this in the game thread, but since it's its own thread... I don't have a problem with the timeout there because realistically we didn't have any chance of giving the ball back to Cincy and hoping to still win the game... So we may we well use our TO and preserve some time while we try to get the score there.

What I did have a problem with was Manning gesturing like he thought we should have spiked it instead of calling the timeout after the fact. Guy was playing like shit and throwing balls to the Bengals all night - then he has the gall to openly second guess Fox after he's already basically lost the game with his bad decision making.

I think Special Teams and Manning in the 4th quarter really cost us that game. I'm still baffled at not running the ball on that 3rd and 1 that led to the pick 6. I wonder if he audibled to that? Then he looks at DT like he ran the wrong route when it was a bad decision start to finish. "Lets chuck the ball around in the wind and rain!"

broken12
12-23-2014, 09:25 AM

That's wrong, if we keep our time outs there we can make a score and have our time outs and kick deep and play a game were they have to get a first to end the game

Dreadnought
12-23-2014, 09:39 AM

Totally agreed with this

Buff
12-23-2014, 10:57 AM
That's wrong, if we keep our time outs there we can make a score and have our time outs and kick deep and play a game were they have to get a first to end the game

This is just fantasy theoretical land IMO. There is zero chance we'd kick it deep. But there is still the argument that we should have kept our timeouts in case the onsides kick failed... We called a timeout with 1:12 - if we don't call a timeout, the clock runs down to ~1:00. Best case scenario (big assumption) we would score the next play and there would be something like ~50 seconds left after an onsides kick. If we didn't get the kick, again - assuming best case scenario (which is a big assumption) - we would then need to hold them on 3 straight plays and have something like 35-40 seconds left with no timeouts deep in cincy territory in a driving rain and a kicker with average range...

I just don't see any value in keeping a timeout and hoping 45 things go exactly right - I'd rather take the time to gather ourselves after a 27 yard gain and assume that our fate is going to be determined by the onsides kick anyway. As it stands - it's all a moot point because Manning couldn't stop throwing them the ball.

silkamilkamonico
12-23-2014, 01:47 PM
I think you have to kick inside regardless. It's low percentage, but at least you have 3 to's. Fox eliminating any possibility of 2 or 3 chances at throwing to the end zone if it even comes down to that just to save 10-15 seconds was just stood, imp.

Should have let manning down it, then kicked fg immediately. Just mo.

underrated29
12-23-2014, 02:19 PM
I think you have to kick inside regardless. It's low percentage, but at least you have 3 to's. Fox eliminating any possibility of 2 or 3 chances at throwing to the end zone if it even comes down to that just to save 10-15 seconds was just stood, imp.

Should have let manning down it, then kicked fg immediately. Just mo.

I dont agree with the just kick the fg thought. We needed a TD and a FG....If we get the TD and somehow the onside kick we only need to move the ball 25- 30 yards for a kick ( a long one, but possible)...Where as if we do the FG, and get the OS kick, we then have to drive the entire distance for the td. The 20 yard line wont do us any good, but if we go for the td and get to the 20- game over.