PDA

View Full Version : Emmanuel Sanders misses practice with flu-like symptoms

Denver Native (Carol)
12-20-2014, 02:16 PM
Sickness takes aim at schools, daycare centers, workplaces, and, yes, sports locker rooms. One week after Peyton Manning came down with the stomach flu, star receiver Emmanuel Sanders missed Saturday’s practice with flu-like symptoms.

Sanders appeared under the weather on Friday. He didn’t improve and was excused from activity. He has a decent window for recovery since the Broncos don’t play until Monday night in Cincinnati. Andre Caldwell sits behind Sanders on the depth chart. Rookie Cody Latimer has been cleared from the concussion protocol, but has yet to find a niche in the offense as he learns behind veteran receivers.

rest - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2014/12/20/emmanuel-sanders-misses-practice-flu-like-symptoms/31654/

Denver Native (Carol)
12-20-2014, 02:38 PM
Jeff Legwold @Jeff_Legwold · 13m

P. Manning threw normally in practice today, dropbacks, set-up, follow-through all fine...oh, and #Broncos still have shot at homefield.

Jeff Legwold @Jeff_Legwold · 14m

Other than season he missed in 2011 after spinal fusion surgery, missed starts for P. Manning in 16 other NFL seasons: 0. He'll start Mon.

Jeff Legwold @Jeff_Legwold · 39m

For #Broncos Manning officially listed as questionable, limited in Saturday practice, but expected start per usual Monday.

Jeff Legwold @Jeff_Legwold · 1h

#Broncos HC John Fox said this week "several'' players have dealt w/ illness in recent weeks, including Manning, but nothing out of ordinary

On Emmanuel Sanders...is the ubiquitous "flu-like symptoms'' this time of year...still expected to make trip and play at this point...

For #Broncos Emmanuel Sanders sent home with illness today. Team leaves tomorrow for Cincinnati.

tripleoption
12-20-2014, 05:01 PM
We had a local school district that had over 500 students out with illness last week. I know of another that got hammered too, but I don't know the numbers involved with them. Something is going around.

OrangeHoof
12-20-2014, 05:44 PM
I hope they send Sanders on a separate flight. They would be stupid to send a player with flu-like symptoms on the same flight as the rest of the team with that recirculated air. I've caught illnesses a time or two on commercial aircrafts. Not fun.

OB
12-21-2014, 01:37 PM
Any updates on sanders today?