PDA

View Full Version : Injury update: Peyton Manning, Ryan Clady both limited

Denver Native (Carol)
12-18-2014, 08:57 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Quarterback Peyton Manning and offensive tackle Ryan Clady saw limited work Thursday as the Broncos began preparations in earnest for their Monday Night Footballclash at Cincinnati.

Manning said he "felt okay" after leaving to receive additional treatment on the thigh he injured Sunday. Manning went back inside during the period of practice that was open to media.

"Well, yeah, I mean, I was out for part of it," Manning said. "I guess I left during part of the time y’all were there so I could get some treatment. But yeah I was limited in participation today."

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Injury-update-Peyton-Manning-Ryan-Clady-both-limited/fda477de-6cda-4eeb-850c-c99aad55040e

7DnBrnc53
12-18-2014, 10:45 PM
I don't think that Clady should play the last two weeks. He can rest up with Marshall. We need those guys for the playoffs.

NightTerror218
12-19-2014, 12:32 AM
I don't think that Clady should play the last two weeks. He can rest up with Marshall. We need those guys for the playoffs.

If we win out and NE loses one game that is playoff ho.w field advantage. Let him play, pull if we are blowing out.

broncofaninfla
12-19-2014, 10:48 AM
I'm beginning to think this could be Cladys last year with Denver. His level of play seems to be declining as does his health yet he has the contract of a top tier LT which unfortunately he isn't anymore. I still think we're a better team with him than without him but with some of our best players on deck to become free agents next season, I can see him being expendable or having his contract reduced. I can also see us drafting his eventual replacement in the upcoming draft. I know the priority to keep Mannings back safe, just not convinced Clady will be the guy doing it in 2015.

tripp
12-19-2014, 11:43 AM
Wasn't it Clady that Melvin Ingram was beating for a good part of the game against SD?

Ravage!!!
12-19-2014, 11:47 AM
I'm beginning to think this could be Cladys last year with Denver. His level of play seems to be declining as does his health yet he has the contract of a top tier LT which unfortunately he isn't anymore. I still think we're a better team with him than without him but with some of our best players on deck to become free agents next season, I can see him being expendable or having his contract reduced. I can also see us drafting his eventual replacement in the upcoming draft. I know the priority to keep Mannings back safe, just not convinced Clady will be the guy doing it in 2015.

I don't think we replace him in 2015 with the contract we signed him too. He's had to struggle with injuries, one missing an entire season, and now this. Coming off that kind of injury (that keeps you out an entire season)...and then having to push and grind against 300lb DL doesn't really give your body enough time to heal. I expected Clady to be "less than Clady" this year. But next year, he'll be back to top form as that injury will just have that much more time to heal up.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-19-2014, 03:41 PM
Rest easy, Broncos enthusiasts. Peyton Manning is back.

Denver's star quarterback returned to the practice field on Friday after prematurely exiting Thursday's session for treatment on his right thigh. Mike Klis of The Denver Post noted that Manning showed "no problems" while "moving well" during individual drills.

Manning initially tweaked his thigh during the first half of last Sunday's 22-10 win over the Chargers. He missed only a handful of plays before returning to the game after halftime.

rest - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000445937/article/peyton-manning-moving-well-at-broncos-practice

Denver Native (Carol)
12-19-2014, 03:42 PM
Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 2h

Peyton Manning showing no problems- moving well, relatively speaking

Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 2h

Juwan Thompson is practicing

Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 3h

Peyton Manning is practicing

Denver Native (Carol)
12-19-2014, 03:44 PM
Jeff Legwold @Jeff_Legwold · 26m

John Fox officially listed Manning as limited in Friday's practice, but Manning was on field for practice and threw in several drills.

Jeff Legwold @Jeff_Legwold · 2h

For #Broncos Manning back in practice, throwing in drills. Brandon Marshall and Paul Cornick not practicing.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-19-2014, 03:45 PM
Mark Haas @markhaastv · 12m

Manning "limited" and "day to day" officially, but @DemaryiusT says he looks fine and expects him to be ready for Sunday.

Poet
12-19-2014, 03:45 PM
Manning should definitely take a week off.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-19-2014, 03:49 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Brandon Marshall walked around the locker room with a sense of relief Thursday. The weakside linebacker's sprained foot could have been worse -- and after he suffered it last Sunday, he believed it was.

"When they took me to the sideline, I was trying to get back in the game. Every time I would get to the ball of my foot, it would collapse -- the middle of my foot would collapse," Marshall said. "So, I was like, 'Is the bone broken? Is the ligament torn? Because I can't stand on the ball of my foot.'"

And as he consulted with Broncos medical personnel, the news appeared bleak.

"They thought it was going to be worse honestly," Marshall said. "The doctors said I was lucky because they thought it was going to be worse. I'm glad I can play."

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Brandon-Marshall-on-the-mend/8aabd610-ffd6-4fca-acc1-0f11ff8eb1ad

tubby
12-19-2014, 04:01 PM
Manning should definitely take a week off.

Are you sure you really don't want to experience another inevitable playoff loss?

Poet
12-19-2014, 04:17 PM
Are you sure you really don't want to experience another inevitable playoff loss?

Ironically if we ran into Denver we'd surely win.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-19-2014, 07:57 PM
Ironically if we ran into Denver we'd surely win.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h65/ShaBeasley/Wedding/Honeymoon/DSCF0053smaller.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/ShaBeasley/media/Wedding/Honeymoon/DSCF0053smaller.jpg.html)

TXBRONC
12-22-2014, 10:04 AM

If he's healthy enough to play I would rather have him protecting Manning's blindside.

7DnBrnc53
12-22-2014, 02:07 PM
If he's healthy enough to play I would rather have him protecting Manning's blindside.

Well, Clady should play tonight because we have to win, but if the Pats play at 1 next week (after checking the schedule on NFL.com, it looks like they are playing at 1 so far) and win, then I wouldn't play Clady at all.

PatriotsGuy
12-22-2014, 03:56 PM
Well, Clady should play tonight because we have to win, but if the Pats play at 1 next week (after checking the schedule on NFL.com, it looks like they are playing at 1 so far) and win, then I wouldn't play Clady at all.

If Denver win tonight the Patriots game is flexed to 4:25.